• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cov Cath 40 - Conner 6 Final
"We just got whooped!" - Drew Barker

http://www.kentucky.com/2013/11/02/29087...es-no.html
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
UK1fan Wrote:Sounds just like Zeke Pike! Big Grin
If we are playing two year old games then BK is Chad Lawrence.
sportsguru4u Wrote:Top 10 finish at the ELITE 11 camp in which he had to win invitation to through ELITE 11 Regional camp lol and he is gonna sit the bench and is overrated lmao. WOW sign me up for some more of the those kids to come to UK because you guys are freaking crazy. He is gonna do great at UK and he would do great at any other school. He is rated a 4 star for a reason and finished in the top 10 at the ELITE 11 finals. You guys know nothing about talent

Pike and Hempel went to the Elite camps..

Jury is still out on Hempel but has played very well. Pike on the other hand.....

This camp regularly turns out busts do the research.
IAM22 Wrote:If we are playing two year old games then BK is Chad Lawrence.

Can a mod please delete this stupid post I made? I apologize to the ones I mentioned in the post I personally do not know either and i wish them nothing but the best. I used them to take a shot at a troll.
TNT-MB1 Wrote:Pike and Hempel went to the Elite camps..

Jury is still out on Hempel but has played very well. Pike on the other hand.....

Again good try, Hempel did not go to the Elite camp.
IAM22 Wrote:If we are playing two year old games then BK is Chad Lawrence.

Pure rubbish.
hop24 Wrote:Pure rubbish.

You are correct! I just got caught hook, line, and sinker no excuse. I just cannot figure out the need to put people down. Lesson learned.
TNT-MB1 Wrote:Pike and Hempel went to the Elite camps..

For the heck of it I did some research. Since they started the Elite 11 in 1999 up until a class could have graduated, the 2007 Elite 11 class, just under 50% played in the NFL.
IAM22 Wrote:For the heck of it I did some research. Since they started the Elite 11 in 1999 up until a class could have graduated, the 2007 Elite 11 class, just under 50% played in the NFL.

That's not a bad number when you think of injuries and college choices. I do think Barker is better than Pike, but not by much. Always felt like Pike would have been better suited to play DE.
IAM22 Wrote:Again good try, Hempel did not go to the Elite camp.

THis is what I meant equally as many busts
http://www.mtv.com/shows/the_ride/cast_m...tyId=14498
IAM22 Wrote:For the heck of it I did some research. Since they started the Elite 11 in 1999 up until a class could have graduated, the 2007 Elite 11 class, just under 50% played in the NFL.

and where are the other 51%
and where did the other 90% of NFL qbs come from....
:lmao:Tim Tebow, Vince Young, Matt Leinart, JaMarcus Russell, Mark Sanchez, Matthew Stafford, Jameis Winston, and Troy Smith. Matt Cassel drew Stanton
Andre Woodson, Blaine Gabbert (pretty sure his career hit its climax in High school)

Turned out to have great NFL careers didn't they

Stafford, Geno Smith are the only two and Geno has the jury out still.
Young men mature faster than others. Some have ALREADY hit there ceiling. As impressive as they seem in high school they get to college and everybody passes them by. You would think college coaches would take into consideration other things besides the almighty camp circuit.
sportsguru4u Wrote:Yes you did say that about Drew Barker stop backtracking :lmao:

No I didn't. No Backtracking here. Several schools will offer a guy just on rankings. Depending on what they have already committed. Just because they offer a kid does not me they will except the offer. Several schools use offers as a way to get a kid to camp. Not every offer is a committable offer. One more thing this whole signing season has become a media frenzy. A coach can save his job on how his class ranks out.
I wish people would quit using Pike's lack of success as a D-1 QB in their discussions about why Barker will be a bust at UK. Pike had all the athletic tools needed to play big time D-1 football as a QB. For Pete's sake, he had more D-1 offers from major schools than I can remember anyone from N Ky having in a long, long time. It was Pike's attitude and behavior that has prevented Pike from being a successful D-1 QB. Barker has a great attitude and will work his butt off. They are as different as night and day in that respect.
charlie22 Wrote:I wish people would quit using Pike's lack of success as a D-1 QB in their discussions about why Barker will be a bust at UK. Pike had all the athletic tools needed to play big time D-1 football as a QB. For Pete's sake, he had more D-1 offers from major schools than I can remember anyone from N Ky having in a long, long time. It was Pike's attitude and behavior that has prevented Pike from being a successful D-1 QB. Barker has a great attitude and will work his butt off. They are as different as night and day in that respect.

Agreed. Seems like Pike is doing well at Louisville. Some kids handle success better than others. I hope Pike continues on the right path.