•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin 2013
T1up Wrote:Knox had their best team ever last year and could not win the disrict, they have never won a district or region and ended up getting embarrased by 30 points to Lexington Catholic last year in the final game. When Knox wins a district then get on here and tell us how great they are. :biglmao::Clap:

I never said that Knox was great... What was said was how easy Corbin's district has been untill they got moved to 3a. At least KC has had home playoff games the last 3 years and as far as lex Cath goes Corbin wouldn't have faired any better.

He'll everyone knows Knox was by far the worst team around for many years but they have come around the past 6 years and are not a team to laugh at now..
Old Redhound Wrote:With this criteria there's not many elite programs in this area. Harlan County?

I'm not saying Corbin has to beat Bell County to prove they are still an elite football school, but you have to at least be competitive. Bell has outscored Corbin 76-14 the past two seasons.
Is Willard still on the staff?
William Muney Wrote:Is Willard still on the staff?

Yes, Corbin pays their asst. coaches too well for him to give it up.
^
Another big problem of overstaying.
He makes Mitch Mcconnell look like a one term politician.
How many does Corbin have in the weight room on a daily basis?
HouseofPain Wrote:How many does Corbin have in the weight room on a daily basis?

I was told around 50 were lifting.
Does anyone know the other teams on Corbin's schedule? They play Southwestern, Perry Central, Danville and Knox Central in the out of district games. I would assume South Laurel will remain on the schedule since they are bitter rivals in every sport, but not sure who the other game will be against.
1A williamsburg needs a another game Confusednicker:
Are they not renewing with Tates Creek or GRC?
I know South will be on there, and that makes nine games. Id like to see Corbin schedule someone from the mountains in that last spot.

Southwestern
Perry County Central
Danville
Wayne County
Casey County
Knox Central
Mccreary Central
Bell county
South Laurel
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Are they not renewing with Tates Creek or GRC?
I know South will be on there, and that makes nine games. Id like to see Corbin schedule someone from the mountains in that last spot.

Southwestern
Perry County Central
Danville
Wayne County
Casey County
Knox Central
Mccreary Central
Bell county
South Laurel

I would guess that Corbin would keep the series with LCA, who Corbin has a really good working relationship with, before renewing with GRC or Tates Creek. Middlesboro is also a good possibility, and would probably be the team most Corbin fans would prefer.
^
I would like to see Corbin play either Mboro or Whitley on a yearly basis.

In reality, the Mboro game would be a possibility. I'd like to see them start scheduling more area teams.
fence jumper Wrote:You all better check your numbers again.

What numbers do you have?
HCHS has never had 6A numbers. It was discussed before the merger, but the numbers were always 5A after the school actually opened.
HDE Wrote:What numbers do you have?
HCHS has never had 6A numbers. It was discussed before the merger, but the numbers were always 5A after the school actually opened.

HC is 5A.
There smaller than Whitley.
HDE is correct.
WC is two schools above HC in total enrollment and has 21 more male student than HC.

http://khsaa.org/reports/enrollments/201...enroll.pdf
The last spot on Corbin's schedule is being filled by Trimble County. I have no idea why.....:yawn:
Trimble Co. OMGosh, that is like having two open dates on schedule. Corbin will not be very good, NO lineman at all!!!
Trimble County? Really?
Jewell has got to go.
redstorm Wrote:Trimble Co. OMGosh, that is like having two open dates on schedule. Corbin will not be very good, NO lineman at all!!!

Maybe the lack of linemen is why he scheduled Trimble Co.

I can think of 2 starters(Ingle & Henson) on the line that should be back this year, although both play basketball as well, so who knows if they will play. There are a couple of others(Farris & Lane) who I remember playing some, not sure after that who else may fill out the offensive or defensive line.

Maybe all of the lineman decided to fish instead, I think Corbin had 20+ on the fishing team this spring.
Like I always say Jewell will always play someone far away before he'd play someone close. At least he will get a win I guess if you call it that.
I just dont get it.
They could have easily found someone closer to home to play.

Its just like scheduling GRC every year.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I just dont get it.
They could have easily found someone closer to home to play.

Its just like scheduling GRC every year.

I agree, sounds like Whitley or Williamsburg tried to get them and Corbin said no.
Full deck Wrote:I agree, sounds like Whitley or Williamsburg tried to get them and Corbin said no.

They won't play those schools. They cannot stand getting beat by them.
johnnyd Wrote:They won't play those schools. They cannot stand getting beat by them.

I understand you can't schedule everyone and things don't always work out. BUT to schedule a team 166 miles away that went 1-10 and got outscore something like 430-41.
Looking at their roster they only had 3 seniors so maybe they will be better.
johnnyd Wrote:They won't play those schools. They cannot stand getting beat by them.

Unfortunately, I can't argue with your statement.

If I were in charge, any local school in which the school system has a good working relationship with would be on the schedule. Whitley and Williamsburg wouild be at the top of the list, for this reason along with several other reasons.
trimble co. 166 miles will this game be on radio.what has happen to corbin.REDHOUNDS :redboxer:
Full deck Wrote:I agree, sounds like Whitley or Williamsburg tried to get them and Corbin said no.

To be quite honest i dont blame them for not playing Wburg. Theres no gain from it other than playing a solid 1A football team. Its a lose-lose for Corbin IMO.
The Whitley game is competely different on the other hand. Corbin has close to 4A numbers, and Whitley isnt a huge 5A school, about middle of the pack.
With that said, I think both teams could benefit from a little county rivalry.
They play South every year and occasionally lose, i just dont understand why you wouldnt play Whitley.
Campbell tried to get a game with them the whole time he was at Whitley, and just two years ago Whitley agreed to play Corbin as long as they would return a game at Whitley and they refused and only wanted to play Whitley at home in the pigskin, which lets be honest, Jewell has no control over or that game would have never been made. Thats the alumin and varsity club that schedules that game.

Its just seems to be me Whitley would be a much better measuring stick for Corbin when they go to play Bell then Trimble County will be.

EVENTUALLY these two will play anually, but im afraid it will only happen once Jewell retires.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:To be quite honest i dont blame them for not playing Wburg. Theres no gain from it other than playing a solid 1A football team. Its a lose-lose for Corbin IMO.
The Whitley game is competely different on the other hand. Corbin has close to 4A numbers, and Whitley isnt a huge 5A school, about middle of the pack.
With that said, I think both teams could benefit from a little county rivalry.
They play South every year and occasionally lose, i just dont understand why you wouldnt play Whitley.
Campbell tried to get a game with them the whole time he was at Whitley, and just two years ago Whitley agreed to play Corbin as long as they would return a game at Whitley and they refused and only wanted to play Whitley at home in the pigskin, which lets be honest, Jewell has no control over or that game would have never been made. Thats the alumin and varsity club that schedules that game.

Its just seems to be me Whitley would be a much better measuring stick for Corbin when they go to play Bell then Trimble County will be.

EVENTUALLY these two will play anually, but im afraid it will only happen once Jewell retires.

It's a lose lose only because Corbin don't want to get beat by their own kids. Ive heard that when Williamsburg played them there was a monsterous gate. It would create huge buzz. The fact is Corbin doesn't want to get beat by kids who once attended Corbin. That was the original reason Whitley didn't play Corbin was because Corbin would have 2 or 3 that was at Whitley at one time or the other.
johnnyd Wrote:It's a lose lose only because Corbin don't want to get beat by their own kids. Ive heard that when Williamsburg played them there was a monsterous gate. It would create huge buzz. The fact is Corbin doesn't want to get beat by kids who once attended Corbin. That was the original reason Whitley didn't play Corbin was because Corbin would have 2 or 3 that was at Whitley at one time or the other.

There was a big gate during both games that Wburg and Corbin played.
It was a huge money maker. BUT, when Wburg beat Corbin at Wburg, it embarrassed the hell out of them. Still not a reason not to play, but Corbin would be better served playing classes similar to the ones they face in district and region, and Wburg isnt like any of those teams. Completely different style of play.
You are correct that Corbin always had atleast one or two Whitley kids, and it would usually be one of the best athletes and players Whitley had, which made it worse, and is why i feel absoloutly no sympathy for Wburg ripping there kids now, but I fully believe if Corbin had a different coach, those kids wouldnt be leaving. Even then though, Whitley still tried to get a game with Corbin during that time. It was more of both administrations not agreeing to anything during that time, but for the last ten years, when players stopped leaving Whitley for Corbin, its been all on Corbins shoulders for not wanting to schedule the game.
I am however impressed that Corbin stepped up and scheduled Knox, especially considering Knox is on the rise. Its a good game for Corbin and a good prep game for the playoffs.
As i said before, the two will eventually start playing, but im afraid it wont be until Corbin has a new coach.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:There was a big gate during both games that Wburg and Corbin played.
It was a huge money maker. BUT, when Wburg beat Corbin at Wburg, it embarrassed the hell out of them. Still not a reason not to play, but Corbin would be better served playing classes similar to the ones they face in district and region, and Wburg isnt like any of those teams. Completely different style of play.
You are correct that Corbin always had atleast one or two Whitley kids, and it would usually be one of the best athletes and players Whitley had, which made it worse, and is why i feel absoloutly no sympathy for Wburg ripping there kids now, but I fully believe if Corbin had a different coach, those kids wouldnt be leaving. Even then though, Whitley still tried to get a game with Corbin during that time. It was more of both administrations not agreeing to anything during that time, but for the last ten years, when players stopped leaving Whitley for Corbin, its been all on Corbins shoulders for not wanting to schedule the game.
I am however impressed that Corbin stepped up and scheduled Knox, especially considering Knox is on the rise. Its a good game for Corbin and a good prep game for the playoffs.
As i said before, the two will eventually start playing, but im afraid it wont be until Corbin has a new coach.

I too am surprised that they play Knox. It will probably be a 2 year deal however and they will then start driving to Mexico for games again so they don't look to bad to the faithful. I was at this years Corbin vs Bell game and the crowd was pathetic. If something isn't done there will be nothing left. I'm sure Williamsburg hopes Jewell stays because he is running their farm system for them.
Really guys. Jefferson Patrick is the only one to play and he's from Whitley. Played 8th grade ball in Corbin. The others, I hope play at Williamsburg, they are late maturing, not studs that left because of Coaches.
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next