Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg Blackcats 2013
Looking on KHSAA website and saw that Marcum was leader in returning tackles with 83 for 12 games Wallace with 81 for 12 games and Ousley with 56 for 10 games but I think he didnt start until Pike Central and missed 2 games after that for total of 6 games. Looks like 3 good experience tacklers that are willing to stick their heads in a pile. Several other players with 20 plus tackles with limited field time. Jarrell had 37 and Anderson 33 tackles. They graduated 4 with Adam Griffith with 111 Aaron Griffith 90 Cody Jarrell 85 and Vandine at 59. Looks like a good nucleus to built around if some can increase tackle totals. I think that defense will be the key again for the Blackcats to succeed. I feel that the returning team is the type that play to the end and will not overlook any team and are very coachable. I felt last year seniors wanted only to play hard enough to beat their opponent and had to dig themselves out of a hole in several games. I wouldnt be surprised that next year team may surpass most people expectations.:Thumbs:
Any idea who is going to fill the holes left by Williams and Kidd on Offense and Defense ?
bearcat88 Wrote:P burg wil be fine...Great QB returning....Frasure may be the most talented kid on their team..What happens with Anderson will mean allot..he dont like to practice, but when the lights come on ...on a Friday night...he will be there...
How do you know who "don't" like to practice?
Here is the schedule with dates.

8-23 Pikeville - H
8-30 Sheldon Clark - A
9-7 Knox Central - App. Bowl - A
9-13 Powell Co. - A
9-20 Pike Central - A
9-27 Betsy Layne - A
10-4 Hazard - Homecoming
10-11 Shelby Valley - H
10-18 OPEN
10-25 Leslie Co. - H
11-1 Lawrence Co. - SR Night
I see the start of the season being a little shaky for young Blackcats since they will have only one experienced senior to provide them with guidance early in the season. Many have varsity experience but early in the season it will take a little time to settle down. May take a little time for defense to gel with only 1 senior to look to. But Jarrell will be 3 year starter and many will look to him for leadership. This is a role that he will have to accept and fill if Blackcats are to see success.
Brancher1978 Wrote:I see the start of the season being a little shaky for young Blackcats since they will have only one experienced senior to provide them with guidance early in the season. Many have varsity experience but early in the season it will take a little time to settle down. May take a little time for defense to gel with only 1 senior to look to. But Jarrell will be 3 year starter and many will look to him for leadership. This is a role that he will have to accept and fill if Blackcats are to see success.

This is only Jarrell's 2nd year starting. Crisp started every game Jarrell's freshman year.
Was talking in terms of playing 1 year receiver and defensive player, last year as QB and this will be 3rd year as a starter. Sorry for the confusion. But still will be the one that team will be looking to for leadership.
Went by school the other day and saw about 35 conditioning. Anyone heard anything?
Heard Marcum kid out for months due to knee surgery. This will be a lick to the defense.
Brancher1978 Wrote:Heard Marcum kid out for months due to knee surgery. This will be a lick to the defense.

Most definitely a hard hit to the D. I was expecting big things out of Seth this year. Hate to hear that. Wish him well in his recovery. His health is the most important thing. He needs to come back 100% ready & not try and rush things.
It seems they have around 35 conditioning, but there are a few playing baseball and running track so numbers should be well over 40 by the time to put on the pads.
Terrible about Seth. Hope his recovery goes well and he doesn't try to push it.
Anyone heard about Marcum? How long he will be out?
I have heard end of October but you never know for sure with this type of injury.
Brancher1978 Wrote:I have heard end of October but you never know for sure with this type of injury.

Thanks for the info.

Tough blow for a team with lots of ????'s on defense already.
I'm hearing we should have 40-45 on the roster this year. Grant it most will be underclassman, but the future looks bright.
Here is a better view of the schedule i previously posted.

Aug 23, 13Pikevillehome7:30 PM
Aug 30, 13Sheldon Clarkaway7:30 PM
Sep 7, 13Knox Central6:00 PM
Sep 13, 13Powell Countyaway7:30 PM
Sep 20, 13Pike County Centralaway7:30 PM
Sep 27, 13Betsy Layneaway7:30 PM
Oct 4, 13Hazardhome7:30 PM
Oct 11, 13Shelby Valleyhome7:30 PM
Oct 25, 13Leslie Countyhome7:30 PM
Nov 1, 13Lawrence Countyhome7:30 PM
On the way to the KC game, you'd better be stopping by HC vs Belfry...at least for a minute or two!!

Wink
Granny Bear Wrote:On the way to the KC game, you'd better be stopping by HC vs Belfry...at least for a minute or two!!

Wink

My intentions are to be at the HC vs Belfry game. We play Knox on a Saturday at Clay Co. if i'm not mistaken.

You know i'm not gonna miss a free meal if i dont have to. :popcorn: