•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knox central 2013
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Bell will struggle this year IMO.
Im not saying they will, but Knox, Whitley, and Harlan County could all beat them this year.
One this is certain - nobody will in KC will take under estimate them. We are all very glad to get to this game back on the schedule. And contrary to popular notion - it don't matter to most of us who is the coach there. Wayne made his choice and that is his business. We would look forward to the game if the cheerleading sponsor over there was the coach. But you can believe we are counting down the days to this kick off...
panther nation Wrote:This should be knox's year but only time will tell. I'm not sure what Russell has comming back but I know rock and clay will be doing some rebuilding again this year..

Russell County has 9 starters returning on defense. They will start 10 seniors on defense next year. Their defense should be better! The offense will be less explosive without Britt but has plenty of talented backs returning. Ellis will be an excellent QB but will be missed at wide reciever. Our kicker will be missed! Our schedule is really watered down this year. We will not be challenged much outside of PC at PC and of course the District showdown with you guys at our place. Worry that we will not be battle tested again at playoff time but overall we should have another great season next year maybe even better than this last one!
I know Russell will be missing some great players in britt,Williams, and Mann he will be the most missed with everything he did on offense and defense. Would like to see who all they have scheduled this year to see if they have a challenging schedule like the panthers do..
panther nation Wrote:I know Russell will be missing some great players in britt,Williams, and Mann he will be the most missed with everything he did on offense and defense. Would like to see who all they have scheduled this year to see if they have a challenging schedule like the panthers do..

Honestly we do not...We play Taylor, Campbellsville, Casey, PC, Adair, Larue, and Grayson outside district. Knox will be much more battle tested than we will. You are right about missing some great players...you guys know what that is all about.. you will be missing some great ones too! I expect both teams to have good years again...how good? We will have to wait and see.
I know we return our whole offensive line except one and we lose two on the defensive line. But we do lose some key skilled player though, only time will tell how good either of us will be.
Actually Russell County looses more like, #15 mann starting saftey/corner, #16 whittle starting, linebacker,#40 deck stating linebacker, #56 hadley starting tackle, and #44 mcfarland backup nose ,whitch may as well been a starter with the rotation, however we are still gonna be realy good on defense next season, with a ton of experince and playmakers coming back, way ahead of the ofense to start, but i think ofense will find a nitch.
Losing Britt will take a toll but we lose Canady so that evens out. We certainly look forward to the game already. Some of us still have a very bad taste over the debacle that occurred the last time we came to the flat lands.
I keep hearing rummors of a Quarterback transfering in. any news.
^
I have heard the same thing, I have heard who it was but don't think that is something that needs to be posted on hear untill it is a done deal.. There will be a lot of complaining about this if it does turn out to be true.. I guess as with all other rumors we will just have to wait and see if it happens.
If what I hear is true it will keep this board hopping until football season starts.
insideinfo Wrote:If what I hear is true it will keep this board hopping until football season starts.

Yes I will!!! TongueirateSho
panther nation Wrote:I believe Knox central schedule is going to look something like this

Atherton @ KC
Pulaski southwestern @ Corbin pigskin
Prestonsburg @ clay co Appalachian bowl
Whitley @ not sure where its at yet
Bell co @ KC
Harlan co @ Harlan co
Clay @ KC
Rock@ KC
Russell co @ Russell co
Corbin @ Corbin

For some reason I think the Whitley game is at Knox but I'm not sure.. I believe that this schedule gives the panthers one of the hardest in the mountains the only other one that is close and may be a little harder is Harlan co only because of belfry being on it this year...

Atherton is the weakest team in the state. How is this world did KC get them on the schedule?
Pioneer Bowl. They also get to play Lynn Camp the next year.
insideinfo Wrote:If what I hear is true it will keep this board hopping until football season starts.

So...when will it happen if it is going to? This semester or over the summer?
PRIDE101 Wrote:So...when will it happen if it is going to? This semester or over the summer?

That's the million dollar question, no one will say for sure when or even if its true right now all you keep hearing is rumors.
I think this may be the year Knox Central finally wins the district. However, losing Canady is a BIG loss. Just like losing Britt and Mann will be BIGGER for Russell Co. Clay Co lost their big lineman too. Rock is rebuilding, but who knows who will win the district this year. If I had to pick now, I would be leaning to KC. I think Russell Co will struggle this year. Clay Co may be the surprise team this year. We will just have to wait until the season starts and see who has put in the most work in the offseason. I think it is wide open, but leans toward KC. Good luck panthers, and you may need it with that brutal schedule (I respect any coach who schedules teams like KC has scheduled this year).
To be honest I wouldn't count Clay our just yet. They had some really good younger kids, and the Hyde kid wasn't really a difference maker. They may be better with a smaller much faster lineman there anyways.
Clay will be good this year and I wouldn't count rock out either. If you over look teams that when you get bit in butt, just because a team is bad one year doesn't mean they will be the next.
Clay will be better. I don't think they are there yet.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:To be honest I wouldn't count Clay our just yet. They had some really good younger kids, and the Hyde kid wasn't really a difference maker. They may be better with a smaller much faster lineman there anyways.
Certainly says something about UK when a kid gets a full ride to an SEC school and he is not a difference maker. And the hard truth is despite having all the big lifting numbers in the wight room, I never saw him dominate a game like you would think a elite SEC D1 recruit would. I'm pulling for him to do great at UK though.

KC will have a good shot at a fine season.
L
HonestJohn Wrote:I think this may be the year Knox Central finally wins the district. However, losing Canady is a BIG loss. Just like losing Britt and Mann will be BIGGER for Russell Co. Clay Co lost their big lineman too. Rock is rebuilding, but who knows who will win the district this year. If I had to pick now, I would be leaning to KC. I think Russell Co will struggle this year. Clay Co may be the surprise team this year. We will just have to wait until the season starts and see who has put in the most work in the offseason. I think it is wide open, but leans toward KC. Good luck panthers, and you may need it with that brutal schedule (I respect any coach who schedules teams like KC has scheduled this year).

The district title will be decided when Knox comes to Russell Springs next year. Rock and Clay may make strides toward closing the gap but that gap is a big one. I don't expect Russell to struggle next year. The schedule is pretty soft to start the season. The new offensive coordinator will have a few weeks to get in rhythm with a new Qb and weapons in diifferent places. The PC game will be our first big challenge in our fourth game. The fourteen seniors that are coming back are already showing great leadership especially in the weightroom.
The Panthers will be battle tested, and highly motivated when they come to Laker stadium next season. I expect the Lakers to be rolling and clicking on all cylinders by then. It should be another great game!
You never know what will happen until you tee it up! Good luck to all four schools!

Who will be the pick for preseason player of the year for our district? I think Ellis and Fletcher should be considered from RC but it will probably be Gist. He should have a big year!
PreacherVol71 Wrote:L

Who will be the pick for preseason player of the year for our district? I think Ellis and Fletcher should be considered from RC but it will probably be Gist. He should have a big year!

Ellis and Fletcher will be considered but I agree that it will be Gist. He runs the ball as hard or harder than anyone. I've watched G-man play for many years and I have enjoyed it. This year should be a special year for him, I look for him to put up some big numbers this year, as long as he and the o-line can stay healthy.
panther nation Wrote:Ellis and Fletcher will be considered but I agree that it will be Gist. He runs the ball as hard or harder than anyone. I've watched G-man play for many years and I have enjoyed it. This year should be a special year for him, I look for him to put up some big numbers this year, as long as he and the o-line can stay healthy.

It will be a little tougher sledding for him without Canady back there. He is a special player though. Tough runner.
^
What I like about his running is he is not afraid of contact. Tough as nails!!! And a really good person.
Gist will be one of the best backs in the area, he runs hard and to be honest has been over shadowed by canada, but I think it's his time to shine.
^
I can see G-man making all-state this at running back.
For us southern KY fans, there is a lot of talent and star type players coming up over the next couple of years. Every schools around this area has some really good players. The coaches at each school just need to find them a little help.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:For us southern KY fans, there is a lot of talent and star type players coming up over the next couple of years. Every schools around this area has some really good players. The coaches at each school just need to find them a little help.
I agree. There are tons of great athletes from this area who go "un recruited" or highly under recruited. I would caution any parent or player not to rely on coaches for this though. Staffs around here are thin and do not have dedicated resources who can invest the time required to be effective in this regard. Here are key areas athletes should be touching if they have a goal of playing at the next level:

1. ACT: need an 18 to play at Union. It goes up from there.
2. Online presence: Player profile with verified numbers and clean highlights. Social media (FB, Twitter, etc.) that is void of character issues.
3. DVD Highlights that can be mailed to coaches. Software to create these can be tricky unless you have HUDL. Have full game film on DVD as well.
4. Coach Communications: Athletes can call, email, or text coaches at any level any time. Many rules govern when and if a coach can contact an athlete. Teaching point is the athlete needs to be proactive and contact the places he wants to play.
5. Understand the metrics required to play at the level you would like to play for. Invest time in the recruiting process only where you will qualify to play. Example: A DT who is 5'11, Junior, runs a 5.2, benches 305 is a fit for D2 or NAIA and can get money. But not at higher levels.
6. Unofficial visits can be scheduled anytime and are a great way to get in front of coaches. Athlete funds the trip.
7. Going to camps will not get you recruited in most cases unless you are invited specifically. It can be a huge waste of time and money if you are not already on their radar.

There are professional services that can be a great help. http://www.NCSAsports.org is one of the best as college coaches trust their rating system for athletes.

High school coaches can help in the process especially if they have relationships at a school where a kid is qualified and has interest. Outside that, athletes and their families need to take the leadership role in the recruiting process.
Great post. So many times we as parents do nothing and wonder why our kid is not being recruited. Even with less athletic ability we need to send out film and make contacts. Let the college coach make their minds up if they want our kid or not.
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next