Poll: Who wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Breathitt County
35.00%
Belfry
65.00%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breathitt Co @ Belfry 11/16/12
I don't know anything official but I do know that Trent was at the field when the fight broke out.

I have heard as well that we might be down one WR but I don't think anything is official yet.

Officials probably are having a hard time since both teams cut power to their recorders before the fight started.
Trent went down early in the third quarter. Does anyone know if he is capable of playing? I heard that he possibly has a broke hand?
trent trent trent hes a great quaarterback dont get me wrong but i think hes gunna be the second best qb playin at cam stadium friday night!
bhsuknow92 Wrote:trent trent trent hes a great quaarterback dont get me wrong but i think hes gunna be the second best qb playin at cam stadium friday night!

Trent will not only be the best qb on the field but he will be the best player.
Cat Daddy Wrote:Trent will not only be the best qb on the field but he will be the best player.

As a Belfry fan. I agree. The young man is an athlete! I still hate Breathitt thou. :biggrin:
Wow, Crossbones, you just gained a lot of respect from me.
Cat Daddy Wrote:Trent will not only be the best qb on the field but he will be the best player.

Agreed, two very good EKY QB's on the field Friday though.
That is very true however only 14 points were allowed which is not a lot really when comparing the other scores they've had from different teams. I think Breathitts weak schedule will hurt them in the long run when they face a very solid and disciplined team such as Belfry. Belfry's offense goes 110 percent all game regardless if it is working or not which helps to wear the opposing team dow
I don't necessarily agree with considering belfry has at least two division 1 prospects
Crossbones Wrote:Belfry won last year..28-14
Yes but that game last year was a toss up with just a few min to go. Like I said, this year wont be as close
Do-double-gg Wrote:Yes but that game last year was a toss up with just a few min to go. Like I said, this year wont be as close

I hope your right..would tickle me if Belfry blew them out. I was just saying the score was 28-14 last year and you said it wouldn't be as close with a 28-17 score. :igiveup:
Crossbones Wrote:I hope your right..would tickle me if Belfry blew them out. I was just saying the score was 28-14 last year and you said it wouldn't be as close with a 28-17 score. :igiveup:
Hey I always go for the mountain teams but in this case it is 2 mountain teams so I'm going for the district team. I don't know if we can beat Belfry but look out in the next few years because Lawrence County is super young and this little team could be dangerous next year! If not next year them the year after. What do you think?

so your saying Trent is a better player than Fugate,Shouse, Cox, ETC.....
Do-double-gg Wrote:Hey I always go for the mountain teams but in this case it is 2 mountain teams so I'm going for the district team. I don't know if we can beat Belfry but look out in the next few years because Lawrence County is super young and this little team could be dangerous next year! If not next year them the year after. What do you think?

Never know what the future holds, but the 8th grade class at Belfry Middle won state about a week ago so our future looks VERY bright.
Crossbones Wrote:As a Belfry fan. I agree. The young man is an athlete! I still hate Breathitt thou. :biggrin:

As a Breathitt fan, I can echo that statement about Belfry!....lolConfusedinglepar
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Is this #83 player(Cox)the player that was hit with the helmet during the Pike Central game? If it was him or whoever on the team, I hope theres nothing serious wrong with him. Now for my prediction, I know Belfry will give up some yards to the passing game. We've been burnt all year by QB's that can throw the ball, and I don't see nothing changing in this game. The thing about this defense is that they will give up yards, and I almost bet you we get beat deep down the middle in this game for a TD. But were the difference will be, is that it seems like Robinson seems to always get an interception or we knock the ball loose at the right time to bail us out. Breathitt's only hope is to pass, theres not many yards given up by this "D" on the ground(Mullens will be back this week also). As for our offense, We've moved the ball on everybody this year, and this game will be no difference in that department. This Belfry team is a well balanced machine, when the coachs mix it up a little. I really don't see Breathitt stoping us. Since we have a healthy backfield with Johnson,Robinson,Carr,Hatfield and Taylor, along with a solid passing game with Sani as posed as ever, throwing to a big (6,6)TE Messer and to a fast sure handed receiver in Huddle. Belfry will be back at the CAM the following week hoisting the state semi-final. Belfry-34, Breathitt-21
I would give just about anything to see an all mountain semi final. Man I hope Bell can beat Central. :popcorn:
I saw Belfry vs JC and BC fans will be shocked when Belfry throws it all over the place on them and runs it when they need too. Belfry had a good, good QB.I wld be shocked if BC won this game. I say belfry 28 to 14
Pirates2012 Wrote:Is this #83 player(Cox)the player that was hit with the helmet during the Pike Central game? If it was him or whoever on the team, I hope theres nothing serious wrong with him. Now for my prediction, I know Belfry will give up some yards to the passing game. We've been burnt all year by QB's that can throw the ball, and I don't see nothing changing in this game. The thing about this defense is that they will give up yards, and I almost bet you we get beat deep down the middle in this game for a TD. But were the difference will be, is that it seems like Robinson seems to always get an interception or we knock the ball loose at the right time to bail us out. Breathitt's only hope is to pass, theres not many yards given up by this "D" on the ground(Mullens will be back this week also). As for our offense, We've moved the ball on everybody this year, and this game will be no difference in that department. This Belfry team is a well balanced machine, when the coachs mix it up a little. I really don't see Breathitt stoping us. Since we have a healthy backfield with Johnson,Robinson,Carr,Hatfield and Taylor, along with a solid passing game with Sani as posed as ever, throwing to a big (6,6)TE Messer and to a fast sure handed receiver in Huddle. Belfry will be back at the CAM the following week hoisting the state semi-final. Belfry-34, Breathitt-21

Keep posting man... you have impressed me thusfar in the posts of yours I have read!
To hear Belfry fans on here, you would think the Pirates are untouchable. It seems to me that they may really struggle with an athletic team. That is the only way I can figure an awful Henry Clay team could put up 40 at the CAM. I think if Breathitt is as athletic as their fans think they are, they can win this game.

Neutral party...
Belfry has a QB that can do both well also. He doesn't have to run it as much do to the fact of having a loaded backfield. He doesn't throw it as often due to the fact of having a loaded backfield. Defense will be the deciding factor Friday night and I gotta go with my boys in RED. Breathitt has played a some good teams, but not to the level of Ashland, JC, and Henry Clay. Those games will have Belfry more prepared for the level of play needed to advance in a huge game like this. Safe travels to both schools and heres hoping for an injury free, well played game on both parts. Only 1 group of seniors in each class gets to end thier high school careers with a win. Play Hard!!!!
Belfry by 2
Do-double-gg Wrote:I would give just about anything to see an all mountain semi final. Man I hope Bell can beat Central. :popcorn:

The winner of Bell and Central will play a team from Western KY in the Semis. The only way it could be all mountain is if it is in the finals.

Just sayin...
Alright..I am sure I will run my mouth some more by the end of the week...but I do want to make my first points after a weekend of anticipation:

Much has been made of Breathitt's Strength of Schedule, and I want to expound on that a bit.

First and foremost, when people criticize Breathitt as having "played noone" or "not being tested like Belfry", I think there is a little bit of inaccuracy in this statement that needs to be addressed before I go deeper.

Breathitt has been challenged. In fact, Breathitt may very well be in the select company of teams who have not only played, but defeated, two teams who are favored to be playing at Bowling Green for their respective state titles (Somerset and Hazard), on top of that, both wins came on the road.

I feel confident saying Breathitt has 2 good wins all on the road. I think those 2 games alone are enough to quantify the Bobcats as being legit and worthy of being respected. Hell, Belfry only has a good win to speak of, and that was against a team who is sitting at home after getting shelled in Round 2...whereas their 2 losses came to teams who met similar fates.

My issue with the Breathitt schedule and where I think Belfry has a significant advantage is not about "who" but instead about "when". When Breathitt played Somerset the Bobcats were the consensus favorite based off the fact of returning talent, addition of pieces by transfers, and a general matchup edge against a Somerset offense that was struggling not to trip over itself. The Bobcats though had not played a team with a pulse to that point, and it seemed it took them a Half to acclimate to the speed of the game, higher skill level of their opponent, and the physicality of the game. By no means was Breathitt in awe..as they moved the ball well and came up with the stops when they needed them, but mental errors, turnovers, dropped passes, and missed tackles that were "out of character" reared their head and made the game much closer.

Belfry had similar "WTF" moments against Henry Clay, Ashland, and to a lesser extent Johnson Central. The key though is 2/3 of those three teams came at the back end of the schedule whereas Breathitt's heart of their schedule came in the middle of the season on 9-21. Their last 6 games have been against weak teams, whereas leading up to that Somerset game they had played 4 straight weak teams. Consequently, the two best teams Belfry has played came two and 5 months after Breathitt's game against Hazard.

Does this ensure Belfry is going to shock and awe a wide eyed Breathitt team? Not at all.Frankly speaking it may not mean anything at all.

What I can't help but come back to though was last year's game at Jackson, when an undefeated Breathitt tem playing essentially the exact same schedule, with essentially the exact same results, lost a game by what nearly every Breathitt fan chalks up to "their own doing". A Breathitt team who made uncharacteristic turnovers, missed defensive assignments, special teams gaffes, missed opportunities, and unseen fatigue at the end of the game. Even in this very thread Breathitt fans insist they were the better team, they just beat themselves. I think they may have a point to some extent, and I also think that thanks to their schedule over the last two months of the season they are prone to do it again as they have re-acclimate.
HSFOOTBALL Wrote:To hear Belfry fans on here, you would think the Pirates are untouchable. It seems to me that they may really struggle with an athletic team. That is the only way I can figure an awful Henry Clay team could put up 40 at the CAM. I think if Breathitt is as athletic as their fans think they are, they can win this game.

Neutral party...

Breathitt will be the third most athletic team Belfry has faced (Ashland is 2nd) and to be honest in terms of shear athleticism they are not in the same hemisphere as HC. Breathitt, though, is a better football team then HC by a sound margin, but for that matter Johnson Central (who Belfry beat) would beat HC pretty bad.

The Belfry/HC game is mis-leading as Belfry lost by 3 TD's, but much like the way Breathitt felt about last year's game with Belfry, it was a game that Belfry fans feel they laid an egg and should have won. Belfry moved the ball at will on HC and had 3 drives come up empty (two fumbles and a tackle at the 2 yard line). Defensively the Pirates had an abysmal night tackling Jackson and Bell, they also got burnt 3 times over the top. Trent is a great HS QB...but Breathitt has noone on their roster who possesses the skillset of Bell/Jackson who can reverse the field or turn a single missed tackle into a 70 yard scamper. For that matter, there is noone left in 3A aside from Bourbon County and Central who have skill players capable of that.

I buy this argument. Trent, IMO, is the premier player in EKY this season. Heck I would even buy Shouse being the 2nd best player...

The problem is I think Belfry has numbers 3-8 (Johnson, Messer, Carr, Warren, Ghormley, Robinson) and also has the lion's share of the next group of players as well (Mullins, Taylor, Hatfield). This isn't even getting into debating the guys in the trenches.
HSFOOTBALL Wrote:To hear Belfry fans on here, you would think the Pirates are untouchable. It seems to me that they may really struggle with an athletic team. That is the only way I can figure an awful Henry Clay team could put up 40 at the CAM. I think if Breathitt is as athletic as their fans think they are, they can win this game.

Neutral party...

Breathitt is NO Henry clay...not even close!!!
Also GREAT to see JJ back into form. WOW what a great 2 game playoff statline from that young man. I'm not sure if he's been tackled in the playoffs yet??
Im going with Belfry. I like the pirates mental advantage over Breathitt. I think Belfry will pull out early simply for the fact that Breathitt might be a little rusty from their easy second half schedule but will make it a closer game near the end.
Belfry 28
breathitt 20
Some Belfry fans seem convinced Henry Clay was some great team.

Belfry better come to play on defense or Breathitt will have success in the passing game. Hopefully Belfry can stop the run well enough with the front 7 to keep both safeties deep. Definately need one deep safety. When Belfry put it's corners on an island against Ashland, it resulted in 2 bombs which connected. Two scores might win this game
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next