Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are first round playoff games necessary? (This Weeks Playoff Format Rant)
4 Classes

Play 11 regular season games to satisfy all of those people who think playing 11 weeks with a terrible team means so much

Take the top 2 teams from each district and play ball. For every example of how "such and such 4 seed team from 20 years ago" beat a 1 seed, you have 50 examples of an awful team getting on a bus, traveling 3 hours and getting their guts stomped out. As for this years northen KY example, my advice is to play some decent out of district competition so you don't get your feelings hurt in a tie breaker situation. The other 95 percent shouldn't have to get the crap kicked out of them for the benefit of the rare 5 percent. This would all in all make the regular season actually worth something again because district games would be MUCH more important.
I swear i think we should take all of the public/privat debates, along with the debates over how many classes there are, and the holdback threads from middle school, and just thrown them into one thread.....on another website.
This always comes from teams that feel they are good and are in the region finals or even state finals. When they aren't at the top of the totem pole they are thankful their young or inexperienced team gets to participate and face a challenge that no one thinks they can meet.