Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg - 83 Pike County Central - 49
School Admin. Wrote:I recognized after my last response that this person was trying to rev everyone up, so I am done. I will say this was an offensive shoot-out! I haven't seen the likes of this since Trinty and Male in the State Finals many years ago!

:rockon: Great. If everyone would just ignore the TROLLs on here the overall quality would improve by leaps and bounds.
Damn!!!!!!
Spud6 Wrote:You have obviously never watched the game of football or know anything about it. Haywood is one of the greatest high school coaches in the state. Hands down! a

And I like your stat, 2-7. THat's pretty amazing if you ask me. Been to 9 state championships and won 2 of them. And you yourself even said he'll be 2-7 after this season. So your saying he'll make it to another state title. So you just contridicted yourself. haha

Confusednicker:

I state facts. Some people can't deal with them.
WideRight05 Wrote:Confusednicker:

I state facts. Some people can't deal with them.

Buc-a-roo, you saved this man from being made a fool.

Don't feed an awful troll.
Congrats to Jarred, Bryson, and the Blackcat Football Team on there record breaking performance.

I thought it was very poor coaching by Pike Central to load 9 & 10 in the box against a spread attack.

Very good coaching by the Blackcats for taking what was given.
I've read through this entire thread and no where did I see anyone give credit to the linemen or the guys catching the short pass and turning it into a 70 yard completion. Heck of an effort and accomplishment but lets give others credit who deserve it. Jarred's name will be the one in the record book but he should thank his linemen and recievers daily until its broken.
Heard Pike Central D-coordinator was fired after this game?
This record could be broken by many teams in the mountains if they chose too. Belfry could easily put up a 100 on pike central if the play defense like that and so could any other team with a descent offense. instead of all you pburg fans being so happy that you broke state records you should be more concerned with your defense allowing pike central to score 49 points. You seen how many points your offense put up a week before that against a good defence didn't you?
Ike Cooter Wrote:I've read through this entire thread and no where did I see anyone give credit to the linemen or the guys catching the short pass and turning it into a 70 yard completion. Heck of an effort and accomplishment but lets give others credit who deserve it. Jarred's name will be the one in the record book but he should thank his linemen and recievers daily until its broken.

The post above your's i gave credit to the whole team. I did single out Jared & Bryson since their name's will be in the record book, but congratulated the whole team. It took a team effort for either to have gotten the records.
theCalipariEra Wrote:This record could be broken by many teams in the mountains if they chose too. Belfry could easily put up a 100 on pike central if the play defense like that and so could any other team with a descent offense. instead of all you pburg fans being so happy that you broke state records you should be more concerned with your defense allowing pike central to score 49 points. You seen how many points your offense put up a week before that against a good defence didn't you?

It would not have made a difference in the out come of the game, but we where with out Bryson that game.

If you read every Prestonsburg thread before this one that is all that was talked about is how poor our defense has played all year. Guess we thought we would give them a break on this one.
Well.......just speechless
region Wrote:Heard Pike Central D-coordinator was fired after this game?

According to the scores hear lately most every defensive coordinators in the mountains should be fired. Never in my life have I watch such poor tackling and scores so outragously high. I don't know about anyone else but I think its misserable to watch someone catch a 5 yard pass and run it 70 yards. Or hand the ball off and run it 70 yards.
Ike Cooter Wrote:According to the scores hear lately most every defensive coordinators in the mountains should be fired. Never in my life have I watch such poor tackling and scores so outragously high. I don't know about anyone else but I think its misserable to watch someone catch a 5 yard pass and run it 70 yards. Or hand the ball off and run it 70 yards.

Great point, Ike. Which raises another important point:

Alot of coaches aren't coaching the fundamentals anymore. Not ALL, but alot just preach the "Hit, Shed, Swarm" defensive principles without getting into just exactly WHAT the individual responsibilities of each position are on defense. I realize that defensive approach depends largely upon the personnel and experience a team has, and sometimes the best approach is gap control instead of playing keys and techniques that may do nothing but confuse young players, but over the past few years, fundamentals appear to have suffered at most programs.

More time spent on the fundamentals of blocking, tackling, and proper technique would help immensely. Fundamentally sound teams always, always perform better. Look no further than Belfry.

I listened to Merrill Hoge talk about how Chuck Noll used to coach fundamentals to pro players. No matter how many years an NFL player had been in the league, they always began camp with the fundamentals, (proper stance, steps, technique, etc.) and built off that every day. I attended a Coaches clinic about a hundred years ago and listened to Bobby Bowden describe how they went about teaching fundamentals and never went any further until they were mastered. The first thing John Wooden used to teach his basketball players at UCLA, even upperclassmen, was the correct way to put on their socks and shoes!

Fundamentals, fundamentals, fundamentals...it can't be preached enough...