Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has Tyson Williams enrolled at Somerset?
kygolfer are you Rob Jones? If so you are a worthless piece of crap.
Thanks to all of you who answered my question.
I like doing a little research on programs around here and the three schools in Pulaski County are a few that i didnt know a lot about prior to 1990.

As for the futures game, i also watched it LeeCoUKFan

Great game. Hatcher did look pretty good and will be the future of Somerset football barring any major happenings. But as Norm said, he will just be a Fresh. I expect big things out of him withing the next few years.
Norm Peterson Wrote:Who has he had throwing the ball to him at McCreary Central? If he can play at Somerset then he can play at Danville. I think Somerset's personnel have stacked up pretty favorably with the Admirals the past few seasons, haven't they?

I agree on all counts. He has not had anyone who could get him the ball the last 2 years. Surely if he can play at Somerset he can play at Danville. Williams is good enough to play anywhere. Good Luck to him at his New School. TongueirateSho
Cellking Wrote:I agree on all counts. He has not had anyone who could get him the ball the last 2 years. Surely if he can play at Somerset he can play at Danville. Williams is good enough to play anywhere. Good Luck to him at his New School. TongueirateSho

Tyson will fit in very well at Somerset. The great thing is he won't be relied on to attempt to be the main show. Tyson, Bryson Jones and Will Hinton will make a very tough linebacker corp. On offense he reminds me of the TE that played at Glascow last year.

Does his younger brother play football? What grade is he in?
jumper1 Wrote:Tyson will fit in very well at Somerset. The great thing is he won't be relied on to attempt to be the main show. Tyson, Bryson Jones and Will Hinton will make a very tough linebacker corp. On offense he reminds me of the TE that played at Glascow last year.

Does his younger brother play football? What grade is he in?

His Brother will be in the 7th Grade. 5'11" or 6' tall 230 lbs. NO Does not Play. Very Smart kidd all A's in School. Maybe the Jumpers can talk him into it.
Hopefully Tyson will be eligible by or shortly after the end of the dead period. Somerset starts practice on July 10th.
Cellking Wrote:His Brother will be in the 7th Grade. 5'11" or 6' tall 230 lbs. NO Does not Play. Very Smart kidd all A's in School. Maybe the Jumpers can talk him into it.
Sounds like a pretty good size kid for a 7th grader. Does he play any sports?
SWHS future Wrote:Sounds like a pretty good size kid for a 7th grader. Does he play any sports?

Not at this point in time. He did play BB a couple years back.
SWHS future Wrote:Sounds like a pretty good size kid for a 7th grader. Does he play any sports?

This kid will be bigger than Tyson.
Southwestern, which opened in the fall of 1993, has not won a state title in any sport.
Somerset will win a state title in the next 5 years
^ I agree. The Jumpers look like they will have a good shot at that this fall.
West 80 Wrote:Somerset will win a state title in the next 5 years

Let's hope it happens this Year!!!! All the parts to the puzzle are there it's just fitting them together. Williams will help.
GetChili Wrote:^ I agree. The Jumpers look like they will have a good shot at that this fall.

I asked this in the other thread.

Does what Somerset have returning improve enough to compete with Holy Cross (34 point loss last year) or NCC. What those teams return may have as much to do with what the Jumpers bring back.

Just asking.
In short, yes. Most people that follow Somerset football seem to think they will be much stronger this year. Last year, it was very reliant on about 2 seniors offensively. This year, the offense will be evenly spread, faster and strong. Defense (despite sone glitches agains HC last year) usually speaks for itself and is going to be very good again.
Like Dumpster Diving said, the offense last year was dependent on two players, where as, this year, that will not be the case. The offense, IMO, will be much better and much harder for other teams to defend.
Norm Peterson Wrote:He tried to circumvent the rule by moving in with his Dad. This is totally different.

Can a kid not move in with their dad either?
Courtside Wrote:Can a kid not move in with their dad either?

Not without it is a Death or Court Order. Either Parent once Eligibility is established. Bona Fide Change of Address is the only way to become eligible in New School. The Parent and Student must move to new Address.
Cellking Wrote:Not without it is a Death or Court Order. Either Parent once Eligibility is established. Bona Fide Change of Address is the only way to become eligible in New School. The Parent and Student must move to new Address.

So a kid living with dad in one district cannot gain eligibility by moving to moms in another district?
Courtside Wrote:So a kid living with dad in one district cannot gain eligibility by moving to moms in another district?

It depends on the situation. In the case of the Danville player he made the choice to move in with his Dad and attend Boyle County. It didn't help that he texted woke teammates and told them that the move was about football. If the change of custody is court ordered or if it is a voluntary move and it is more then just across town then it is generally accepted.
Norm Peterson Wrote:It depends on the situation. In the case of the Danville player he made the choice to move in with his Dad and attend Boyle County. It didn't help that he texted woke teammates and told them that the move was about football. If the change of custody is court ordered or if it is a voluntary move and it is more then just across town then it is generally accepted.

The irony of that situation is that the only one who suffered was the kid.

Boyle still went undefeated and won a state title that year without his services.

The kid just missed his last season of playing football.
Just heard from a pretty good source, McCreary AD would not fill out KHSAA Transfer form on Tyson Williams. His excuse was Tyson was not registered at Somerset High School on June 13. My Source knows for a fact he did register on th 13th and Papers were Faxed to McCreary Central on that day with a comfermation that the Principal had received them. What a Jerk!!!!
Cellking Wrote:Just heard from a pretty good source, McCreary AD would not fill out KHSAA Transfer form on Tyson Williams. His excuse was Tyson was not registered at Somerset High School on June 13. My Source knows for a fact he did register on th 13th and Papers were Faxed to McCreary Central on that day with a comfermation that the Principal had received them. What a Jerk!!!!

What does this mean for him eligibility-wise?
Dumpster Diving Wrote:What does this mean for him eligibility-wise?

AD is trying to run old shell game on KHSAA. Don't think they will buy it, all they have to do is call Somerset and confirm when Tyson registered for school. McCreary is noterious of this kinda stuff. The Kid's Mother moved to Somerset. He will be ruled elgible to play.
AD would love to keep kid from playing at Somerset he's just that kinda guy.IMO
Hatz Wrote:The irony of that situation is that the only one who suffered was the kid.

Boyle still went undefeated and won a state title that year without his services.

The kid just missed his last season of playing football.

Most of the time the Kids are the ones that suffer. I think every kid should be allowed 1 move in High School.
Seems like most of the time when kids move after starting high school it is after a coaching change in something the kid plays. Not usually a random move. Just a sayin.
Catfan09 Wrote:Seems like most of the time when kids move after starting high school it is after a coaching change in something the kid plays. Not usually a random move. Just a sayin.

No Coaching Changes at McCreary Central. Williams mother moved to Somerset to keep from driving 70+ miles to work each day.
Cellking Wrote:No Coaching Changes at McCreary Central. Williams mother moved to Somerset to keep from driving 70+ miles to work each day.

Coaching changes at the transfer to school. Really if I've been driving the first 3 years, I'm not likely to up and move my kids Senior year. Unless maybe I get a really good deal on a house.:Cheerlead
Catfan09 Wrote:Coaching changes at the transfer to school. Really if I've been driving the first 3 years, I'm not likely to up and move my kids Senior year. Unless maybe I get a really good deal on a house.:Cheerlead

Really you know what opinions are like A_ _ _ H_ _ _ _ _. we all got one, but that don't make it right.
Cellking Wrote:Really you know what opinions are like A_ _ _ H_ _ _ _ _. we all got one, but that don't make it right.

Ouch, someone hit a sore spot.