Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nerlens Noel to Kentucky
Having no credibility with RunItUpTheButt might be the greatest compliment I could have gotten.
Wiltjer has skills. If you can't see that you are either blind or stupid.

If your on here typing that more than likely takes blind out of the equation.
FBALL Wrote:Wiltjer has skills. If you can't see that you are either blind or stupid.

If your on here typing that more than likely takes blind out of the equation.

Wiltjer is equal to you. A big tird.
The fact that you think he's good enough to be a difference maker makes you look dumber then hell.
I'll take that as a compliment.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Wiltjer is equal to you. A big tird.
The fact that you think he's good enough to be a difference maker makes you look dumber then hell.

He's an all american that got playing time on one of the best teams to ever play the game? Obviously he has skills.
Wiltjer will be a great ball player, he can shoot the 3, has a decent floater, and has great post moves. He just needs to work on his conditioning, strength, and help defense.
Both Wiltjer and Teague have a lot of skill and I wouldn't mind either coming back, although Wiltjer we know already will be back. Wiltjer I think will be very good. I believe he will make the effort necessary to improve his strength. His shooting is on target, and he has a good jump hook inside. What I liked about him this year was that he was always aggressive and not afraid to take shots regardless of whether he was having a good or bad shooting day. Teague came along very well at the end of the year, and no doubt he would be good to have back. The last site I saw projected him as going at pick #18 in the draft, so that may influence his decision. I think Harrow will be very sharp at the PG position, but if both are back we may see a lineup with 2 point guards like we did with John Wall and Eric Bledsoe. Would be nice to see Teague back as well as Wiltjer.
One thing im sure we all can agree on then is that Wiltjer better put a lot of muscle on or he will continue getting pushed around. IMHO, he looks like a post player that cant handle the ball well who wants to stand outside and jack threes.
He's like an inbetween not a guard and not a forward.
Aside from the one-and-dones, Wiltjer just turned in one of the better performances of any UK freshmen. I remember how much former Wildcat standouts like Kenny Walker played as freshmen and how they had weaknesses in their games, just like Wiltjer has. Wiltjer definitely needs to bulk up and play much better defense next year to play a bigger role on next season's team, but if he is not ready to step up to the next level following next season, then there is always 2014.

Wiltjer is not and will not be the kind of flop that a few past UK McDonalds All-Americans were. He has already shown a lot of potential and maybe he was just a throwback freshman who needs a little more seasoning than the one-and-dones who have spoiled some UK fans the past few seasons. Wiltjer will be a star before he leaves UK, whether that is after next season or when he finishes his senior season.
Wiltjer has the potential to be a scott padgett type player, but if he dont quit being so soft, he'll never get there.
He was a freshman that saw limited playing time. He will get MUCH better. By the time he leaves/graduates UK, he'll be a completely different player than he is now.
Wiltjer has more talent and skill than what Padgett had. Now if he can match Padgetts heart?
FBALL Wrote:Wiltjer has more talent and skill than what Padgett had. Now if he can match Padgetts heart?

:hilarious:
You can't be serious. I will no longer argue with you because I was taught growing up not to make fun of the mentally handicapped.
Just for the record Scott Padgett is one of my favorite UK players ever.
Kyle Wiltjer is far more talented at this stage of his career than Scott Padgett was. Here are Padgett's freshman stats:

GP: 7
Total Points for the season: 28
FG%: 25.9%
Rebounds for the season: 17

I liked Padgett but as a freshman, he was not even close to being a player of Wiltjer's caliber.
Stop posting facts Hoot, the deaf, dumb and blind can't read them anyhow!
You guys can put stats out there all you want, it isnt going to change my opinion.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:You guys can put stats out there all you want, it isnt going to change my opinion.
Thanks - one of the great things about sports is that there are usually plenty of stats available to put opinions to the test. You won't find many former UK freshmen who played in the pre-Calipari years who put up better freshmen stats than Wiltjer did.

Wiltjer ranks 38th on the freshman scoring list ahead of Magloire, Brassow, Darius Miller, and Chuck Hayes. He ranks 3rd in 3pt fg% and 8th in ft% on the UK freshmen list. He has plenty of talent to become one of UK's elites and Calipari has said that Wiltjer has a great work ethic.
You guys leave RunItUpTheGut alone. Bless his little heart.
Did Padgett play defense?
Stardust Wrote:Stop posting facts Hoot, the deaf, dumb and blind can't read them anyhow!

But they "sure play a mean pinball".
If Wiltjer would have been a Frosh while Delk, Walker, Mccarty, Epps, Anderson, and Mercer were his upper class (best college bball team ever) then Wiltjer would have never seen the damn floor and you all know it.

Padgett>Wiltjer every day of the week.

Dont get mad at me Fball id hate to hurt your little feelings.
That was not the best college basketball ever.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:If Wiltjer would have been a Frosh while Delk, Walker, Mccarty, Epps, Anderson, and Mercer were his upper class (best college bball team ever) then Wiltjer would have never seen the damn floor and you all know it.

Padgett>Wiltjer every day of the week.

Dont get mad at me Fball id hate to hurt your little feelings.

Yeah but you are comparing Padgett to Wiltjer as if Wiltjer is an upper classman. You forget that Wiltjer has 3 more years and the best coach in the country at developing players. IMHO Wiltjer>Padgett when it's all said in done.
FBALL Wrote:That was not the best college basketball ever.

The 96 UK team wasnt the greatest ever?
I know Padgett was a Sophomore on that team, but tell me who is the best team ever if the 96 teams wasnt?

Padgett played on the best college basketball team of all time when he was an underclassmen. Its no wonder his stats werent remarkable, and dont get me wrong, this team wasnt no slouch either, but Wiltjer was part of a 7 man rotation made up of mostly freshmen and still hardly found the floor.
Indians20 Wrote:Yeah but you are comparing Padgett to Wiltjer as if Wiltjer is an upper classman. You forget that Wiltjer has 3 more years and the best coach in the country at developing players. IMHO Wiltjer>Padgett when it's all said in done.

I hope your right. I hope Wiltjer turns into one of the best all time, but unless he gets stronger and tougher he will fall to way side and end up setting the bench every year while freshmen come in and start over him.
90 UNLV - better.
Alcindor and Walton UCLA teams - better
92 Duke - better
Phi Slama Jamma - better
82 UNC with Jordan and Worthy. - better.
84 Georgetown - better.
06-07 Florida - better
76 Indiana - better

That's it off of
FBALL Wrote:90 UNLV - better.
Alcindor and Walton UCLA teams - better
92 Duke - better
Phi Slama Jamma - better
82 UNC with Jordan and Worthy. - better.
84 Georgetown - better.
06-07 Florida - better
76 Indiana - better

That's it off of

I think you might be going a little tocarried away just to prove RIUTG wrong. I agree that they aren't the best team of all time but they are definitely one of the best and better than some of those teams.