Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2A State Finals- Cov.Holy Cross 33 Glasgow 14
toussaints Wrote:The QB will most likely be Travis Gabbard, 6'2 170 lb junior, he plays just like Jerry Arlinghaus did, needs to get a little quicker, but he'll be a pretty good fit back there. They also return Jalen Beal, Burt Pouncy, and 3 linemen on offense.

Defense is where they will lose a lot. It will be very hard to replace Koz, Lampone, Trunnell, Walker, Chames, Fuller, Kohake, and Dean

You are correct but they have a lot to start with. A few position and roll changea with the atarters that they being back will ne solid. They back up kids they have would not have gotten it done this year, but we woukd have said the same about the sr's last year at this time. HC's coach's will mold what tjey have into good players.
Besides right now we r the state champions until at least Dec of next year. You can take that away from us.
Crossback Wrote:You are correct but they have a lot to start with. A few position and roll changea with the atarters that they being back will ne solid. They back up kids they have would not have gotten it done this year, but we woukd have said the same about the sr's last year at this time. HC's coach's will mold what tjey have into good players.
Besides right now we r the state champions until at least Dec of next year. You can take that away from us.

AMEN brother!!! btw, happy holy cross indians day
Nice going Indians
I guess Brossart lost in coaches was really your gain this year. Congratulation Coach Moser and Coach Collinsworth. You made the right choice
toussaints Wrote:The QB will most likely be Travis Gabbard, 6'2 170 lb junior, he plays just like Jerry Arlinghaus did, needs to get a little quicker, but he'll be a pretty good fit back there. They also return Jalen Beal, Burt Pouncy, and 3 linemen on offense.

Defense is where they will lose a lot. It will be very hard to replace Koz, Lampone, Trunnell, Walker, Chames, Fuller, Kohake, and Dean

toussaints Wrote:AMEN brother!!! btw, happy holy cross indians day

Thanks and happy Holy Cross Indians day to you to. Were you at the celebration?
I thought it was pretty nice. Hopefully it will help set in the win for theae kids. My son says he dont think it will until he gets his ring. We will see.
Crossback Wrote:Thanks and happy Holy Cross Indians day to you to. Were you at the celebration?
I thought it was pretty nice. Hopefully it will help set in the win for theae kids. My son says he dont think it will until he gets his ring. We will see.

yes i was, that was the shortest speech I've heard from Mr. Goller.
Good to see Kathy Wysong there
Holy Cross QB was a very impressive player he seemed to stand back there in the pocket like Big Ben run around guys and find a WR down field wide open. Glasgow seemed to only rush 4 and played some type of combination coverage man 1/2 field zone 1/2 field and several times a WR would run all the way across the field and be open on the other sideline.

On defense Holy Cross stacked the box with 9 or 10 guys and played the WR single coverage outside. Glasgow had some size at WR and TE so I thought it was strange they waited until the game was out of reach to decide to throw the ball.
Thanks Mustang Sally. I will speak for both of us, we miss the people at Brossart. It did work out for Coach Collie and myself, but we hope to see success for your program as well and we wish you all good luck in the future.
toussaints Wrote:yes i was, that was the shortest speech I've heard from Mr. Goller.

For those of us that couldn't make it can you give a layout of what they did at the pep rally? What about cliffs on Big G's speech?
Goldendomer57 Wrote:For those of us that couldn't make it can you give a layout of what they did at the pep rally? What about cliffs on Big G's speech?

Eifert and Goller both talked about what Holy Cross as a school was going through before they started football (low enrollment, bad finances, the diocese threatened to close the school), the process it took to get football started with Bill Goller and John Wysong, how the school got Bruce Kozerski before the Cincinnati Bearcats could, and how the program grew stronger while dealt with serious hurdles to climb.

Then they introduced the team and gave out their state medals. Introduced the cheerleaders, and the coaches. Presented both Kozerski and Eifert with game balls. Then Covington city commissioners presented a few declarations in honor of the win.

They had the regional, semifinal and state trophies placed on a table in the middle of the gym with a large picture of John Wysong in the front.
toussaints Wrote:yes i was, that was the shortest speech I've heard from Mr. Goller.

toussaints Wrote:Eifert and Goller both talked about what Holy Cross as a school was going through before they started football (low enrollment, bad finances, the diocese threatened to close the school), the process it took to get football started with Bill Goller and John Wysong, how the school got Bruce Kozerski before the Cincinnati Bearcats could, and how the program grew stronger while dealt with serious hurdles to climb.

Then they introduced the team and gave out their state medals. Introduced the cheerleaders, and the coaches. Presented both Kozerski and Eifert with game balls. Then Covington city commissioners presented a few declarations in honor of the win.

They had the regional, semifinal and state trophies placed on a table in the middle of the gym with a large picture of John Wysong in the front.

Thanks, it sounds likeit was a nice celebration.
So proud of HC completing the dream season. HC alumni are still excited and the city is really getting behind these kids. This is what makes high school football so great. It is all about the kids and it always should be