Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highlands vs. Covington Catholic 11/18
yeah i wonder why he has good stats, playing only three good teams all year long.
Stardust Wrote:Oh, you saw "TowEls" play then. The HHS QB is "TowLes". You obviously saw the wrong QB and that explains how incredibly wrong your post is.

didnt know this was english class here, my bad for making a typo
Highlands.. I don't see anyone beating them...
rockfan11 Wrote:yeah i wonder why he has good stats, playing only three good teams all year long.

He can only play against the teams that the AD schedules.

For the most part, he has only played for the first half on the games. So his stats are for the equivalent of 7.5 games and always against defenses that were not tired out from playing a whole game.
rockfan11 Wrote:yeah i wonder why he has good stats, playing only three good teams all year long.

only played three good teams. Lets hear all of the studs that rockcastle played?
probably right on line with Holmes, Harrison, and Pendleton Co. Its not Highlands fault that their division is terrible. KHSAA wants there to be 20 classes so everyone gets a pink state title.
birdman44 Wrote:only played three good teams. Lets hear all of the studs that rockcastle played?
probably right on line with Holmes, Harrison, and Pendleton Co. Its not Highlands fault that their division is terrible. KHSAA wants there to be 20 classes so everyone gets a pink state title.

well im sorry im not a follower of a great team in ky like half the people on here, no disrespect to you. im just picking covington catholic to win it. thats it
rockfan11 Wrote:well im sorry im not a follower of a great team in ky like half the people on here, no disrespect to you. im just picking covington catholic to win it. thats it

not the worst pick in the universe. I think the birds are better. but i think that if they (CCHS) play it right this could go either way. could be a great game.

I was just sayin:
yeah the birds' foes this year were a couple of let downs (Elder, Boyle), a bit of a surprise (CovCath), and some total flops.

The team still has to show up and win every week. a GCL victory is pretty big for us too.

I thought rockcastle was pretty good? I know they beat the birds a few times. I meant that Rockcastle probably played some teams at the same skill level highlands played.
This almost has 1997 written all over it. Highlands QB and top WR are both going to UK, the game will be at Highlands, Highlands won at CovCath in a close game, the only thing missing will be mud (Lynn Ray is coaching LBs).

Superstition says CovCath wins in O.T.
toussaints Wrote:This almost has 1997 written all over it. Highlands QB and top WR are both going to UK, the game will be at Highlands, Highlands won at CovCath in a close game, the only thing missing will be mud (Lynn Ray is coaching LBs).

Superstition says CovCath wins in O.T.

I had some of the same thoughts, but tried to keep them to myself. To go further, in 1997, Highlands' starters had not had to play a complete game up to that point in the playoffs, and many felt during the week coming up to the game that the starters may not have been in 'game shape' and would be in trouble if the starters had to play all four quarters. I think that may be the reason that Mueller kept the starters in the Johnson Central game as long as he did.
birdman44 Wrote:not the worst pick in the universe. I think the birds are better. but i think that if they (CCHS) play it right this could go either way. could be a great game.

I was just sayin:
yeah the birds' foes this year were a couple of let downs (Elder, Boyle), a bit of a surprise (CovCath), and some total flops.

The team still has to show up and win every week. a GCL victory is pretty big for us too.

I thought rockcastle was pretty good? I know they beat the birds a few times. I meant that Rockcastle probably played some teams at the same skill level highlands played.

rock is decent, they lacked a pass game cuz their recievers are less than par. and they also cant cover the spread offense, which needs to be worked on. they have a good qb whos only a sophmore right now. no offense to you, but im just tired of all the highland bandwagons on this site.
With everyone saying this is the state championship, I just want to throw in there that Boyle and Lexington Catholic are no scrubs. If the winner of this game doesn't come ready to play against the winner of the BC/LC game, they could easily not be in Bowling Green this year.
MSU Eagle Wrote:With everyone saying this is the state championship, I just want to throw in there that Boyle and Lexington Catholic are no scrubs. If the winner of this game doesn't come ready to play against the winner of the BC/LC game, they could easily not be in Bowling Green this year.

True, but I think all four of these programs are experienced enough to know not to look past any opponent.
I've only seen Highlands once this year at Boyle. But since then and seeing scores and stats, I've been pretty certain nobody will beat them. But there's a reason we play the games. If CovCath wants to beat Highlands (atleast from what I've seen) they have to avoid giving up the big plays. That's what really beat Boyle. Highlands has so many weapons, including some guy named Patrick Towles, so it's much easier said than done.
Why most here are picking Highlands to win in a landslide??? They only beat them by 5 pts last meeting. Both teams has improved right? Just asking.
It's a shame the first game was so close. Cov Cath put a scare in them. They probably should have held back and tried to surprise them in this game.
I like the Bluebirds in this one.
Can't wait to see this game. I think it will go down to the wire. Two storied programs going at it.
know1 Wrote:It's a shame the first game was so close. Cov Cath put a scare in them. They probably should have held back and tried to surprise them in this game.

Can't take chances like that when the #1 spot in the district is up for grabs.
Highlands by 3 TD's. They are going to prove that the last game was a fluke, and they are the #1 4A team this year. I am gonna say Highlands 45 CC 24
My predictions....
IF THERE ARE NO TURNOVERS SENARIO
Towles will score 4 (weather by air or ground)
HHS Running backs will score 2 TDs

Gabe Grey will score 2-3 TDs
Passing attack will score 1-2 TD
plus a FG

now with turnovers, D touchdowns, and fluke plays this could be altered.
10 points can easily be attained though turnovers and good strategy.

Highlands will most like just do their Offense.
Will Cov Cath play their bread & butter?
Didnt the Colonels do some different O package against HHS in reg season?
Colonel trick plays?
CCHS OLine vs Highlands frount 8? force Bir to win the game?
players out?

so many factors, so much intrigue... it's like a soap opera
Just like the 1997 highlands team ranked 23 in the nation showed covington catholic the first narrow victory was a fluke...how did that work out for them? Highlands may win but it will not be a blow out. I hope it doesn't rain..ha
Piper30 Wrote:Just like the 1997 highlands team ranked 23 in the nation showed covington catholic the first narrow victory was a fluke...how did that work out for them? Highlands may win but it will not be a blow out. I hope it doesn't rain..ha

Sorry if you're hoping for rain piper30. Just cold. I wonder who rain would help more??
horst muhlmann Wrote:Sorry if you're hoping for rain piper30. Just cold. I wonder who rain would help more??

Ha. I was just joking because this game is setting up to be similar to the 97 game. If it is as good a game as that one I will be happy.
Friday for Fort Thomas, KY

Sunny
High 54°F

Precip 0%

Wind: From S at 13 mph
Humidity: 41%

Overnight Low 36°F
Highlands gave the ball to CCH on the 1 yard line, the 28 (I think in side the 30) and a deep return on a punt return. If they do not give CCH great field position like last game, they win comfortable. They have to make CCH go 70-80 yards on offense and not give them short fields. I do not think you will see Towles fumble on the one again,and if the others can hold on to the ball and we get some good special teams, HHS will be fine. My biggest concern is special teams and giving up good field position. The kicking game has not been stellar this year. With CCH's kicking game, it is likely that HHS will not start with good field position.
Blau Vogel Wrote:Friday for Fort Thomas, KY

Sunny
High 54°F

Precip 0%

Wind: From S at 13 mph
Humidity: 41%

Overnight Low 36°F

So, 40ish by mid-game. That should keep a lot of the old biddies away.:eyeroll: (At least the ones I know who were thinking about going before remembering that DCM isn't a dome.:biglmaoSmile
I heard next year the birds and colonels are playn on super hot lava.
Got to go with the Birds this one will not be as close as the last time.
Covington Catholic (10-2) has been on a roll since a regular season loss to their biggest in-region rival.

Highlands edged CovCath, 42-37, at CovCath on Sept. 24. Since then, the Colonels have reeled off six straight wins, by an average score of 50-6. The latest victory came on the road at Ashland Blazer.

The Colonels pulled away in the second half for a 35-8 win on Nov. 11.

Running back Gabe Gray keyed the second-half surge, finishing with 244 yards and three touchdowns. The game was scoreless after one quarter and tied at seven at halftime.

“We typically play better in the second half,” Colonels head coach Dave Wirth said. “Gabe is certainly a second-half runner. He gets stronger when defenses get tired.”

The Bluebirds present a much bigger challenge for the Colonels, but CovCath proved that it can play with the defending state champs. The offense showed that it can keep up with Highlands, but the defense will need to slow Patrick Towles and the Bluebirds’ attack.

“Our offense moved the ball well and we did some good things against their pass offense. I think we’ll be really aggressive and take a lot of shots,” Wirth said. “Defensively, we’ll probably do everything different this time. We gave up 42 points the first time.”

The Colonels defense did a decent job in the first matchup. Highlands has scored over 42 points in nine of its 12 games this season. It will take an even stronger showing from the Colonels’ defense to claim a regional championship.

“This is one of the best teams Kentucky’s ever seen, so we’ve got our work cut out for us,” said Wirth.
Good Luck to both Northern KY rivals. Play hard and safe. You are both deserving teams. Just leave it all on the field and go home knowing u played your best and u will be remembered forever. Cov Cath has a lot of heart. I have not had the Pleasure of seeing the Birds other than against Dixie on Fox sports