•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highlands vs Johnson Central
I think the key to this game is to come out to start the game with no penalties and put some points up quick like they have been all year. If they do JC will not be able to stay in their long drive running game that they are comfortable with. If HHS puts 2-3 scores up quickly like they have all year, it could be a long night for JC. It does concern me a little that HHS D has been suseptible to the run at times, But JJ does not have the supporting staff this year like past years. It is also big, pounding backs rather than fast backs that seem to give HHS troubles. HHS also has a lot more talent at RB and WR over all this year and do not think JC will be able to cover all HHS play makers. HHS puts up 40+ pts in this game.
Blau Vogel Wrote:I am not sure I can say jackass on BGR or not, but Wide, you are a jackass. When the JC fans visited us a few years ago, I found each and every one I met to be the best...and I didn't see one flask. Are they nutty about their team? They sure are! They have every right to be.

I, myself, love to needle the fans of other teams, but I hope that they understand it is all in fun and I wish to apologize if anyone feels I have been disrespectful. You seem to know a little bit about football, but you don't know how to be civil.

I thought mine was in good fun too. I don't need some 2yr Highlands fan who never played a down giving me a hard time.
Highlands in this one, but I think it will be a better game than most expect--JC will do everything in its power to keep Towles off the field. Highlands has allowed some yardage on the ground this year and I am sure JC will give the ball to JJ alot. Good luck to both teams and hope for a safe and good game. I would love to see this one but I will be at Boyle and Rockcastle.
Wideleft01 Wrote:They gave up 20 to Boyd Co. Boyd didn't cross the 50 tonight against Highlands. Highlands had 70 at half against Holmes. Took Johnsonville 4 qtrs to score less against Holmes with their all star back.

it wasnt 70-0 at halftime, it was 56-0. check your facts...
http://nky.cincinnati.com/article/AB/201...olmes-77-0
Highlands by 36+. Calling towles with atleast 4 pass Tds & hold Jude to 75 rush Tds or less and 1 td.
my guess is highlands, by 14 points, 35-21
Wideleft01 Wrote:I thought mine was in good fun too. I don't need some 2yr Highlands fan who never played a down giving me a hard time.

Then let this 54 year old Highlands fan that has played more than a down or two, give you a hard time: Blau Vogel is correct in his assesment of your conduct on here.
Wideleft01 Wrote:I thought mine was in good fun too. I don't need some 2yr Highlands fan who never played a down giving me a hard time.

I only played one year...IN 1968 I have been going to Highlands games since before you were a twinkle in your daddy's eye! I have seen all of the greats play for the Birds, including charlie22. If you truly played for Highlands, and especially for Dale, I am surprised you are not more respectful.
OffTheHook Wrote:JC coulda had a running clock in the first half if they wanted. The no running clock was a choice.
:biglmao: Suuuuuure it was! :biglmao:
JC is a great team don't get me wrong but the only way they can keep this game within 2 TD's is 1.) lockdown D on every down, 2.) no turnovers. and i just don't see either of these going into effect.
Bombs away! Highlands by 3 TDs.
Wideleft01 Wrote:Can someone post the youtube video of Collinsworth run in the 09 Johnson game when the Johnsonvillle player cheapshotted a Highlands lineman in the back of the legs who was celebrating the run 20 yards up field? One of the dirtiest plays I've ever seen.

I might leave the couch next week, put on my Highlands letter jacket, and go sit in front of the Johnsonville cheerleaders.

As a JC Cheer mom, feel free to sit in front of a Class Act Cheerleadering team. Maybe if you sit with us Cheer Moms we could teach you how to be a class act. Unload all the bull you want on the football teams, but back off the cheerleaders. If you have not encounted a group of cheer moms, you are in for a real treat!

Go JCHS!!!! Could not be more proud of both the football team and cheerleaders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #1 Class Act to the end!!!!!
I'd take a Johnson County mama over wideleft. Way too much offense by mama and wide will have no defense to stop it. Mama by a landslide. Will probably be more entertaining than the game anyway.
2dog Wrote::biglmao: Suuuuuure it was! :biglmao:

It was. Some FROSH were in on D and special teams. Plus if the clock was running....JJ gets less carries. It was a designed game plan. I didn't notice it at first. But, the JC fan that was standing next to me pointed it out and I'll be....he was right. So don't let that score fool ya. :dontthink
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
OffTheHook Wrote:It was. Some FROSH were in on D and special teams. Plus if the clock was running....JJ gets less carries. It was a designed game plan. I didn't notice it at first. But, the JC fan that was standing next to me pointed it out and I'll be....he was right. So don't let that score fool ya. :dontthink
Just yankin your chain for fun. Sounds like a good idea.
joshua_gray63 Wrote:JC is a great team don't get me wrong but the only way they can keep this game within 2 TD's is 1.) lockdown D on every down, 2.) no turnovers. and i just don't see either of these going into effect.

I'm sorry, the only way that JC can keep this game withing 2 TD's is if Highlands forgets to come out of the locker room after halftime!
Wideleft01 Wrote:Those Johnson folk are a spirited bunch. What's the over and under on flasks in the stands?
Really? How lame.
You know he's trolling, just trying to get the "reaction" so he can laugh at everyone...
I'd like to see JC pull the upset, but I just can't see that happening. ALOT of things would have to go JC's way. Highlands is a freight train rolling at full steam.

Highlands in a blowout.
Notre Dame Football…GO IRISH
I would like to see highlands lose but its not going to happen not this year, but goodluck JC
Stardust Wrote:You know he's trolling, just trying to get the "reaction" so he can laugh at everyone...

I think he's just stupid.
Wideleft01 Wrote:Those Johnson folk are a spirited bunch. What's the over and under on flasks in the stands?

Flask? You know we use mason jars down this way!!!!

As I recall, back in 2008, when Mr. Lorenzen showed up at the game. He was standing in the Men's restroom filling his soda straight from the bottle! So he had no clue what a flask was. :truestory::partyhard
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
OffTheHook Wrote:Flask? You know we use mason jars down this way!!!!

As I recall, back in 2008, when Mr. Lorenzen showed up at the game. He was standing in the Men's restroom filling his soda straight from the bottle! So he had no clue what a flask was. :truestory::partyhard

good times lol.
In order for Johnson Central to win this game, they will have to play a similar game to the one they played last year.... that means keeping the ball on the ground, chewing up clock, and limiting the number of possessions for both sides.

The more Highlands gets the ball, the more trouble it will spell for JC.

This is the best way to equal the playing field between teams, especially when one squad is playing one of the best teams in the state.

Johnson Central proved they could do this last year but it wasn't enough.

I say this time around the result should be the same and with the game being at Highlands as well also changes the situation as opposed to last year.

Probably less than the number of wise ass remarks you have made in this thread! It's really kinda sad that your own crew doesn't even like you, still yet you refuse to go away into the banishment of shame where you belong.
Bluebirds
Well Johnson Central, it's been good knowing ya'.
Blau Vogel Wrote:I only played one year...IN 1968 I have been going to Highlands games since before you were a twinkle in your daddy's eye! I have seen all of the greats play for the Birds, including charlie22. If you truly played for Highlands, and especially for Dale, I am surprised you are not more respectful.

He is the type that has a kid on the team....but does not play or WAY down in the depth chart. He is just going for the ride, get a state ring and say " I was on a state championship team ".
FTH by whatever score they choose. The score will have little to do with JC and everything to do with how seriously FTH takes the game.
Bluebirds by 4 td's. Stop Jude Stop Johnson Central. Simple as that.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next