Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BGR Members Ranking For The Week Of 9/18
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Class 2A

1. Newport Central Catholic (4-0)-(24-14 Win @ Simon Kenton)
2. Owensboro Catholic (4-0)-(Idle)
3. Glasgow (5-0)-(49-28 Win vs. Monroe County)
4. Somerset (3-1)-(20-0 Loss @ Breathitt County)
5. Danville (4-1)-(47-46 Win @ Southwestern)
6. Butler County (5-0)-(21-17 Win vs. Grayson County)
7. Bardstown (4-0)-(67-20 Win vs. Elizabethtown)
8. Desales (1-3)-(27-20 Loss vs. Pleasure Ridge Park)
9. Green County (4-1)-(35-14 Win @ Campbellsville)
10. Owen County (4-0)-(Idle)

This is the only 2A poll I've seen that didn't have Prestonsburg in it, but had Owen County & Butler County. LOL
BlackcatAlum Wrote:This is the only 2A poll I've seen that didn't have Prestonsburg in it, but had Owen County & Butler County. LOL

I think you have to put Prestonsburg between Desales and Bardstown.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Mountain Top 10

1. Bell Co. (3-1)-(Idle)
2. Harlan Co. (4-0)-(Win vs. Lee Co.-Jonesville VA 42-0)
3. Belfry (4-0)-(Win vs. Pikeville 55-14)
4. Perry Co. Central (5-0)-(Win @ Sheldon Clark 48-14)
5. Johnson Central (4-1)-(Win @ Logan WV 36-6)
6. Knox Central (4-1)-(Win @ Clinton TN 42-7)
7. Breathitt Co. (5-0)-(Win vs. #5 Somerset 20-0)
8. Rockcastle Co. (5-0)-(Win vs. Pulaski Co. 34-13)
9. Somerset (3-1)-(Loss @ #9 Breathitt Co. 0-20)
10. Hazard (2-1)-(Win vs. Lexington Christian 43-7)

I just don't see Knox or Johnson Central being ranked ahead of Breathitt. I feel like Rockcastle should be ranked at #6 behind Breathitt at #5. Everything else looks pretty good.
How about a Central Kentucky top ten?
Rocky Top Wrote:How about a Central Kentucky top ten?

How far out of Lexington should be covered with a Central KY ranking?
laker20 Wrote:How far out of Lexington should be covered with a Central KY ranking?

Lexington, Georgetown, Frankfort, Danville, Nicholasville, Richmond, Mt. Sterling, Berea, Versailles, Paris, Harrodsburg, etc.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:This is the only 2A poll I've seen that didn't have Prestonsburg in it, but had Owen County & Butler County. LOL

In all honestly, i missed Pburg.
As i went back threw my rankings on Word, i had them at #7.
IDK how that happened.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Perry and Rock go at it Friday night.
Maybe then it will start to become a lot clearer.
If Rock beats PCC, does that warrant there spot then?
I think so.
Big If.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:No doubt about it. Perry faded last season after a strong start and it will be interesting to see if they continue to win and improve through the playoffs this year.

Unfortunately Perry has been known for getting off to great starts and then fading late in the season. It's a big reason why we are still without a playoff win.
Here's my Mnt Top 10 for THIS YEAR.
1. Harlan
2. Bell
3. Perry
4. Belfry
5. Breathitt
6. Somerset
7. Knox
8. Johnson
9. Rockcastle
10. P-burg
Aslan Wrote:Here's my Mnt Top 10 for THIS YEAR.
1. Harlan
2. Bell
3. Perry
4. Belfry
5. Breathitt
6. Somerset
7. Knox
8. Johnson
9. Rockcastle
10. P-burg

I honestly think that Bell should be number one until the two meet up at the end of the year.
6-10 could be in any order IMO and Perry is good, but idk about Belfry good just yet.
I thought about putting Perry at number three many times, but Belfrys performances have been very good.
1. Harlan
2. Bell
3. Perry
4. Belfry
5. Breathitt
6. Somerset
7. Knox
8. Johnson
9. Rockcastle
10. P-burg

perry plays six of these teams! already beat 3 of them!
Why do you have Paducah @ 5-0? I was at one game they lost & I also remember them losing to mayfield

Dont Hate lol
:flame:No love for the 3A finalist last year and arguably a much stronger team this year Belfry is the cream of the mountain teams this year...That being said I wish all mountain teams the best and hope for a great season.
Coachdad Wrote:Why do you have Paducah @ 5-0? I was at one game they lost & I also remember them losing to mayfield

Typo
1. Harlan
2. Bell
3. Perry
4. Belfry

5. Breathitt
6. Somerset
7. Knox
8. Johnson
9. Rockcastle
10. P-burg

Switchem.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I honestly think that Bell should be number one until the two meet up at the end of the year.
6-10 could be in any order IMO and Perry is good, but idk about Belfry good just yet.
I thought about putting Perry at number three many times, but Belfrys performances have been very good.
All the points you made are definitely debatable. I guess it just depends on who you're talking to. :Thumbs:
king360 Wrote:Switchem.

No.
This would be my Mt top 10.

1.Harlan Co
2.Bell
3.Belfry
4.Perry Central
5.Breathitt
6.Johnson Central
7.Knox Central
8.Rockcastle
9.Somerset
10.Hazard
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Class 2A

1. Newport Central Catholic (4-0)-(24-14 Win @ Simon Kenton)
2. Owensboro Catholic (4-0)-(Idle)
3. Glasgow (5-0)-(49-28 Win vs. Monroe County)
4. Somerset (3-1)-(20-0 Loss @ Breathitt County)
5. Danville (4-1)-(47-46 Win @ Southwestern)
6. Butler County (5-0)-(21-17 Win vs. Grayson County)
7. Bardstown (4-0)-(67-20 Win vs. Elizabethtown)
8. Desales (1-3)-(27-20 Loss vs. Pleasure Ridge Park)
9. Green County (4-1)-(35-14 Win @ Campbellsville)
10. Owen County (4-0)-(Idle)

Where is the love for western Kentucky? There are good teams west of Owensboro. Unlike most people here believe, Kentucky does not end at Elizabethtown. Murray is a very good team. Caldwell County has a strong defense, now that they are healthy and a very, very young, but talented offense.
DreamKiller Wrote:Where is the love for western Kentucky? There are good teams west of Owensboro. Unlike most people here believe, Kentucky does not end at Elizabethtown. Murray is a very good team. Caldwell County has a strong defense, now that they are healthy and a very, very young, but talented offense.

You have a good argument with Murray because they are listed at #7 in the AP poll,but Caldwell isn,t even listed in the top 16 of the AP.
DreamKiller Wrote:Where is the love for western Kentucky? There are good teams west of Owensboro. Unlike most people here believe, Kentucky does not end at Elizabethtown. Murray is a very good team. Caldwell County has a strong defense, now that they are healthy and a very, very young, but talented offense.

Theres no love for the west because very few of us is from the west and know nothing of those teams.
Its up to fans like you to speak up and let us know whos looking good. This isnt one persons personal opinion and every voice is heard.
We just need more western ky fans on here in order to take a really good look at what they have going on in places over there.
bump