Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anthony weiner lives up to his name
Tick, Tick, Tick
http://www.cnn.com/2011/POLITICS/06/11/w...?hpt=hp_t1

The House Minority Leader, and the chairmen of the Democratic National Committee and Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee in separate statements called for Weiner to step down.

"Congressman Weiner has the love of his family, the confidence of his constituents, and the recognition that he needs help. I urge Congressman Weiner to seek that help without the pressures of being a Member of Congress," Pelosi said.
DCCC chair Steve Israel also wished Weiner well in his personal life, but said that the scandal has "become an insurmountable distraction" to the House.
"The behavior he has exhibited is indefensible and Representative Weiner's continued service in Congress is untenable," DNC Chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz said, also calling it a distraction.
by the way you have to love the headline

Weiner seeking treatment
You know you're in trouble when you see this

Charlie Rangel defends Anthony Weiner.
nky Wrote:by the way you have to love the headline

Weiner seeking treatment
At the very least, the House Ethics Committee needs to thoroughly grill Weiner before he runs away for "rehab."
Now there is talk of passing a resolution "urging" Weiner to resign his seat. President Obama has even turned his back on Weiner saying that he thinks Weiner should resign. I would say his days are numbered for sure.

I still am amazed by the lattitude constituents are willing to give lawmakers who lie to them. If we know they lie how can we believe anything they say? Knowing how much contempt the liberals have for conservative values and politicies, how can they be taken seriously when they are lambasting those across the aisle? How can we believe them when they are making a pitch for budget issues or the health care debate. Are dems willling to play fast and loose with our lives and substance the way they do their own? If so, and I contend that this is precisely the state of affairs we find ourselves in, wouldn't it be prudent for voters to demand a measure of personal integrity from their legislators? I don't want people who would, were it not for their position in government be behind bars for their actions in their so called 'private' lives, making laws and policy for me and mine.

Liberals can always quantify a view to make it seem not so bad after all, or really a great thing if one looks at it from a certain perspective. Take the illegal immigration issue. Janet Napolitano's favorite line is; our borders are safer than they have ever been and there are fewer deported than in recent years past. Here's the way I see the problem. All anybody has to do to invade this land is to get into Mexico, or Canada I suppose, then just walk across the border with the rest of the traffic. How many potential sabotuers/enemy combatants could collect over time is this country? According to Breitbart the number of illegal aliens within US borders as of May 7th was 12 MILLION and, 1 in 20 workers are illegal aliens. If only as few as 5 percent of these were 5th column (a clandestine group or faction, sleeper cell?, of subversive agents), we could have as many as 60,000 here now. These people could be concievably anywhere, from the college classroom to a table busser, or a Washington DC lobbyist. And they could be doing enormous damage to our country.

How likely is it that Janet Napolitano is telling the truth? IMO, not very. The liberal adherent is nothing if not undyingly loyal to liberal causes. I don't think lying for the cause would be much of a problem for most of them.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
^ You could blame the sky being blue on liberals.
TheRealThing Wrote:Now there is talk of passing a resolution "urging" Weiner to resign his seat. President Obama has even turned his back on Weiner saying that he thinks Weiner should resign. I would say his days are numbered for sure.

I still am amazed by the lattitude constituents are willing to give lawmakers who lie to them. If we know they lie how can we believe anything they say? Knowing how much contempt the liberals have for conservative values and politicies, how can they be taken seriously when they are lambasting those across the aisle? How can we believe them when they are making a pitch for budget issues or the health care debate. Are dems willling to play fast and loose with our lives and substance the way they do their own? If so, and I contend that this is precisely the state of affairs we find ourselves in, wouldn't it be prudent for voters to demand a measure of personal integrity from their legislators? I don't want people who would, were it not for their position in government be behind bars for their actions in their so called 'private' lives, making laws and policy for me and mine.

Liberals can always quantify a view to make it seem not so bad after all, or really a great thing if one looks at it from a certain perspective. Take the illegal immigration issue. Janet Napolitano's favorite line is; our borders are safer than they have ever been and there are fewer deported than in recent years past. Here's the way I see the problem. All anybody has to do to invade this land is to get into Mexico, or Canada I suppose, then just walk across the border with the rest of the traffic. How many potential sabotuers/enemy combatants could collect over time is this country? According to Breitbart the number of illegal aliens within US borders as of May 7th was 12 MILLION and, 1 in 20 workers are illegal aliens. If only as few as 5 percent of these were 5th column (a clandestine group or faction, sleeper cell?, of subversive agents), we could have as many as 60,000 here now. These people could be concievably anywhere, from the college classroom to a table busser, or a Washington DC lobbyist. And they could be doing enormous damage to our country.

How likely is it that Janet Napolitano is telling the truth? IMO, not very. The liberal adherent is nothing if not undyingly loyal to liberal causes. I don't think lying for the cause would be much of a problem for most of them.

I'm willing to give Napolitano the benefit of a doubt. I think she's just plainly too dumb to lie about any of this. She just flat out doesn't have a clue as to what she is talking about to begin with.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:^ You could blame the sky being blue on liberals.

I have to give you credit on one thing 23, that's a hilarious signature.
I just think lawmakers should be held to a higher standard than to allow them to speak untruths in support of a policy or law they know wouldn't pass muster if the real facts of the case were put out there. Or as demonstrated in hi-def and surround sound for the world to see in the case of Anthony Weiner, as he thought to decieve the media to gain their support. Who knows but what this tactic would not have worked had it not been for the internet. The presumption that I was hearing on every network, including FOX, was that he was likely telling the truth and his account was hacked.

He even went as far as using the media to desparage Andrew Breitbart for breaking the story. I believe Weiner at that point was still his arrogant old self. I think now, he has had a major attitude adjustment but, he would go back to his old ways if he could.

Any lawmaker that can't tell the truth should be voted out of office, liberal, conservative, or anything in between. Anyone who would lie to support an adgenda or system of belief instead of allowing an honest up or down vote, in my mind, is a criminal and should not be in office. We have to be able to trust what our legislators tell us to be able to vote our conscience.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Bob Seger Wrote:I'm willing to give Napolitano the benefit of a doubt. I think she's just plainly too dumb to lie about any of this. She just flat out doesn't have a clue as to what she is talking about to begin with.

I'll go that route with you, she's enough of a team player to try to support the administration though.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Bob Seger Wrote:I'm willing to give Napolitano the benefit of a doubt. I think she's just plainly too dumb to lie about any of this. She just flat out doesn't have a clue as to what she is talking about to begin with.
I concur. The poor woman does not have much to work with - she is without doubt one of the dumbest people ever to hold a cabinet position.
TheRealThing Wrote:I'll go that route with you, she's enough of a team player to try to support the administration though.

Again, not to be contrdictive but I dont know that she has the mental capacity to understand that concept. I think of her as a sheep following the flock.
[quote=Bob Seger]Again, not to be contrdictive but I dont know that she has the mental capacity to understand that concept. I think of her as a sheep following the flock.[/QUOTE

I've always wondered what Obama uses for a brain when making these appointments. If he wanted diversity as a requirement for filling the post why not get a female exmilitary type for the job? I would think there would be literally hundreds qualified and capable people just sitting around awaiting the call.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Time has run out for Weiner
Weiner to resign after sexting scandal, source says