Poll: Who makes the trip to Bowling Green?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
BELFRY
68.24%
Bourbon County
31.76%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 23(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry @ Bourbon County (State Semi Finals)11/29/13
Safe travels to the Pond Creek Nation and all other Eastern Kentuckians making the trip to Paris.

:Skull03:God Bless & Go Belfry!:Skull03:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
42-13 BoCo -I hope belfry is ready, IMO just can't see belfry stoping Boco in that 3-2 D 5 people is not enough to stop Holman and Hill running the ball!
Kickrocks148 Wrote:42-13 BoCo -I hope belfry is ready, IMO just can't see belfry stoping Boco in that 3-2 D 5 people is not enough to stop Holman and Hill running the ball!

:biglmao:42-13? :biglmao:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
looking for someone to send me updates that will be that this game as I will be at the Tilman/Wayne game because Mr Bucslover may be busy be glad to give u my cell if u PM me and I don't know how to put it on here,but I have a pic that shows Wayne must have done picked out there State championship rings,it has big cardinal in the middle and STATE CHAMPS,GO BELFRY
I'm still thinking about the defense of Belfry being able stop Holman, Hill, Johnson and Pope/Cox. Belfry gave up 54 points to Johnson Central at Belfry. In addition, the game Belfry came from 19 points down, Belfry gave up 34 points.
Did Belfry have a bunch of turnovers or were some players missing? I believe Belfry is a good hard-nosed football team but I do not believe Belfry has been exposed to team speed like they will experience against Bourbon. What are your thoughts.
My sources tell me that Wayne County's linebackers and defensive backs are some of quickest they have seen. Wayne County's speed completely negated Central's speed and quickness. Have you seen Wayne County play? What are your thoughts?
FastTalker40361 Wrote:I'm still thinking about the defense of Belfry being able stop Holman, Hill, Johnson and Pope/Cox. Belfry gave up 54 points to Johnson Central at Belfry. In addition, the game Belfry came from 19 points down, Belfry gave up 34 points.
Did Belfry have a bunch of turnovers or were some players missing? I believe Belfry is a good hard-nosed football team but I do not believe Belfry has been exposed to team speed like they will experience against Bourbon. What are your thoughts.

Johnson Central's offense was better suited to attack our defense than Bourbon's in my opinion. Not that Bourbon can't or won't
Where will the Officiating Crew be from for this Bourbon County/Belfry game?
I believe this game will come down to if Bourbon County does not fumble then Bourbon County will score 4 to 6 touchdowns because of the speed of Holman, Hill, Johnson, Hilander and Pope/Cox, in addition to a good line. Belfry is a good team but they have not seen a defense all year that will have the team speed of Bourbon County and I do not believe Belfry will score more than 2 to 3 touchdowns. This will be a really good high school playoff game that will be attended by a lot of people. Does Scott County play at home or away. This could affect a record crowd.
And Bourbon didn't play one team this year on the level of Johnson Central..All this talk is cheap, I respect Bourbon but they are going to have to earn it on the field as well.. we heard all this same talk last year as well about the speed they have. I look for this game to be more even than last year but by no means is Bourbon gonna shock Belfry.. the boys from Belfry are as battle tested as they could be for this game. I look for a back and forth game for a while with it coming down to execution and turnovers as usual. I think Bourbon may be a little to hyped up for this game and playing the revenge card...I think they may come out tight. I look for it to be something like:

Belfry 35
Bourbon 28
FastTalker40361 Wrote:I believe this game will come down to if Bourbon County does not fumble then Bourbon County will score 4 to 6 touchdowns because of the speed of Holman, Hill, Johnson, Hilander and Pope/Cox, in addition to a good line. Belfry is a good team but they have not seen a defense all year that will have the team speed of Bourbon County and I do not believe Belfry will score more than 2 to 3 touchdowns. This will be a really good high school playoff game that will be attended by a lot of people. Does Scott County play at home or away. This could affect a record crowd.
Scott County plays at Male.
To be honest talk is cheap on both sides. Actions by the players and coaches will determine the winner of this game. BC has a great team and so does Belfry. Belfry will not be intimidated and that is a big key. Two years ago at Garrard they did shell shock Belfry with 15 quick points. Belfry just does what they do. They rarely panic and this helps them when the chips are down. BC has none of this to fall back on at all. They have not been in the situations Belfry has been in. It may not matter. If BC is this juggernaut that they proclaim then they very well may win, but Belfry is made for games like this and they have a gameplan that if executed will win them the game.
Way too much Bourbon in this one. Watched both teams several times and the speed of Bourbon will have the Belfry defense shaking their head all night. This isn't the same defense Belfry saw last year. I don't see Belfry being able to score more than 21 and Bourbon will put up at least 35 on the young Pirate defense. If Belfry plays a perfect game they can stay within 7-14 points, if not this one will be over by halftime with a running clock in the 3rd quarter. Won't be any crow eating here, all Bourbon all night.
Talk is cheap no doubt!

No predictions here, as I still believe this will be a barn burner!
How many starters do both teams have out for this game? Bench will be a factor in this game also.
Gaaammmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeee dddddddddddaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy
go pirates and paduach tilman,everyone b safe and cheer peacefully for ur teams and pray for no injurys for anyone..........
BGR Posters, for the last time this season:
:Sad04:

IT'S GAME DAY IN THE MOUNTAINS!!!!

:Wave::Wave::Wave::Wave:

Belfry will be ready and waiting when those doors open at 6:00 p.m.!! It will be worse than the Black Friday Sales starting!!
[Image: http://i1344.photobucket.com/albums/p658...d39fed.png]

Pirates will take those Colonels by storm, and proceed to BG!!!
[Image: http://i1344.photobucket.com/albums/p658...73e8f3.jpg]

Belfry Pirates by 14!!!!!

Oh, and by the way, Belfry is NOT the

[Image: http://i1344.photobucket.com/albums/p658...d66183.jpg]

Belfry is and will always be the Proud
[Image: http://i1344.photobucket.com/albums/p658...bdaa92.jpg]

TongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateSho:Skull03::Skull03::Skull03::Skull03:
In looking at all the ratings, I thought Belfry was the underdog. Y'all got them way in the lead. This should be interesting.
Belfry has that indescribable "intrinsic" factor. It's what makes them Belfry!
FastTalker40361 Wrote:I'm still thinking about the defense of Belfry being able stop Holman, Hill, Johnson and Pope/Cox. Belfry gave up 54 points to Johnson Central at Belfry. In addition, the game Belfry came from 19 points down, Belfry gave up 34 points.

Somerset has just as much speed as Bourbon....And our defense has changed from the JC game...a whole lot faster....and if you wanna compare other games a mason county running back ran for 130 yards on ya....we got 3 or 4 that can do that...

Theres not many teams other than Cov Cath obviously that could have beaten Johnson Central. The team that scored 34 on us, was spotted a 19 point lead because of silly unforced turnovers and we beat them 56-34. Also, Belfry played basically every game this searon with several startes out due to illness and injury and we still found ways to win all but one game. This will be the best team Bourbon has faced all year. I'd hate to be the OC for Bourbon trying to gameplan thias past week. Belfry has so many weapons and so many combinations on offense and they have tweaked the defense and it has played perfectly. Bourbon will have their hands full. Belfry has the LOS in their favor and Bourbon has some speed. This should be a good game. I do not see a running clock tonight...something that Bourbon has had in every game and it could come back and bite them in the ass.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
SPORTS FAN 101 Wrote:How many starters do both teams have out for this game? Bench will be a factor in this game also.

Other than Xavion Willis, Belfry is 100%
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
MikeEky Wrote:Way too much Bourbon in this one. Watched both teams several times and the speed of Bourbon will have the Belfry defense shaking their head all night. This isn't the same defense Belfry saw last year. I don't see Belfry being able to score more than 21 and Bourbon will put up at least 35 on the young Pirate defense. If Belfry plays a perfect game they can stay within 7-14 points, if not this one will be over by halftime with a running clock in the 3rd quarter. Won't be any crow eating here, all Bourbon all night.

So, I guess Belfry shouldnt even make the trip?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
mysonis55 Wrote:In looking at all the ratings, I thought Belfry was the underdog. Y'all got them way in the lead. This should be interesting.

The votes on this board are fans only. Cantrell, MaxPreps and Litkenhouse has Bourbon as the favorite. Mostly due to the Home field and 13-0 record. Home field will be nullified because Belfry travels so well. The 13-0 record is a product of scheduling weaker non-district opponents.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pirate1991#8 Wrote:After talkin to some of the boys after practice this week..I can tell ya these young men are determined and on a mission to win this football game and lay some wood and pop a chinstrap loose...I've never seen them pumped like this all year....Im looking forward to this game and I know these Pirates are gonna be playing hard...supposedly all this twitter talk has added some fuel to the fire and I have to tell ya I'd take a pissed off backwoods country boy redneck over anybody...

Bourbon will be just as pumped up for this one. I wonder if both teams might start a little tight in this one, keep in mind, that extra emotion could work in favor or against either team. When you are pumped up so much, you tend to go for the big hit, which tends to lead to a missed hit. This hopefully will be a game that will be talked about for a while. With that being said, GO COLONELS!!! Everybody be safe traveling for this one.
Keep an eye on your big fast line backers the first couple of plays. I bet they haven't been hit by and tight end like ours. He takes pride on putting people that are suppose to be better and older on their butts. Let the bodies hit the floor, let the bodies hit the floor.
Enough with the weak schedule shit. We all know that bourbon's wasn't the greatest. Everyone acts like belfry has the strongest schedule in the state when in all reality they only played one team outside the mountains. Now I know that y'all hung the damn moon down there but let's face the facts other than Johnson central their schedule sucks too. You have to look at other things besides the other teams record because they could have a good record by playing a week schedule too. Good luck to both teams and safe travels on your trip to Paris.
Although this thread has been funny as heck to read, i have to say, Just ANOTHER speed bump for the Pirates, Belfry has this and will be headed back to BG!!!!!!

Go Pirates
"Doodie"
:lmao:
Doodie Wrote:Enough with the weak schedule shit. We all know that bourbon's wasn't the greatest. Everyone acts like belfry has the strongest schedule in the state when in all reality they only played one team outside the mountains. Now I know that y'all hung the damn moon down there but let's face the facts other than Johnson central their schedule sucks too. You have to look at other things besides the other teams record because they could have a good record by playing a week schedule too. Good luck to both teams and safe travels on your trip to Paris.

Hey man, you guys had a weak schedule....with that being said this redneck backwoods hillbilly ain't got time to argue.....I gotta get my family in the wagon and the mules watered so I can get on the road a make it before gametime...TongueirateShoTongueirateSho
  •  Previous
  • 23(current)
  • Next