Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence loses two!
CatDawg Wrote:And not to say that they're not good players because they have a heck of alot of potential. But niether would start at Ironton especially not next year and when was the last time a player from Louisa transferred to Tolisa?
The reason Dials wanted to transfer to Boyd was because he was close to McPeek. Do you know this kid? Do you know the story behind his transfer? Until then maybe you should worry about someone else and not jump to conclusions. I'm sure his mother could tell you alot.
Well bengalfan I do. There is not a practice that i dont miss and if i did miss one it might be one or two a month, and I do know the reason behind as does catdawg but it is nothing that needs to be talked about on here, I wish him the best of luck and hope he succeeds.
Batpuff Wrote:Well bengalfan I do. There is not a practice that i dont miss and if i did miss one it might be one or two a month, and I do know the reason behind as does catdawg but it is nothing that needs to be talked about on here, I wish him the best of luck and hope he succeeds.
I agree with you Batpuff, these are kids with hopefully a good future in front of them in athletics or academics and should not be discussed on here.
BENGALFAN Wrote:The reason Dials wanted to transfer to Boyd was because he was close to McPeek. Do you know this kid? Do you know the story behind his transfer? Until then maybe you should worry about someone else and not jump to conclusions. I'm sure his mother could tell you alot.

I familiar with the situation and no I don't know him. As far as the story behind his transfer that is his story not mine I wish him all the luck in the world with his studies. If he transferred for academics (NO CHILD LEFT BEHIND) then I commend his parents but if it was about PT, winning and getting his name out then I totally disagree.

And like you said the reason he wanted to go to Boyd was FOOTBALL.
BENGALFAN Wrote:I agree with you Batpuff, these are kids with hopefully a good future in front of them in athletics or academics and should not be discussed on here.

I say hopefully they have a good future in both but I have a feeling the academics will mean more to both of them in the future.

As far as being discussed on here thats the nature of the beast. You play sports the good the bad and the ugly will be discussed on message boards. Just as long as it is clean and the kids get respect showed towards them I don't see the problem.
snoop Wrote:Pugh is going to pikeville next year!

Hey QQ, no offense my friend but I say close this one up. I agree with some of these guys that these kids future don't need to be discussed publicly. They obviously made a change for private reasons. You have people on here giving facts that are so false it's ridiculous. I say leave and let be when it's a sure thing then we'll talk. Do your homework and don't take everything you hear as the gospel.
Mojo check your PM.
MOJO Wrote:Hey QQ, no offense my friend but I say close this one up. I agree with some of these guys that these kids future don't need to be discussed publicly. They obviously made a change for private reasons. You have people on here giving facts that are so false it's ridiculous. I say leave and let be when it's a sure thing then we'll talk. Do your homework and don't take everything you hear as the gospel.

Mojo to be honest with you I haven't read anything were someone was claiming anything was a fact. I think people have to the right to speculate or discuss on thier feelings toward the situation. You could of simply stated the facts you knew about the situation or just made an argument towards the other members speculations.

If I am missing something here please forgive me. But I haven't seen anything mentioned negative about the players. Rumors are just that, they are rumors.

This situation would of been different if BGR would of publically made an announcement claiming factual informations. All I see here is speculation. I take it for whats it worth. We are not KHSAA or County Newspaper and never would claim to be. We are nothing more than a open discussion board for people to talk openly about sports. There will be variety of topics, Some will be factual and interesting , some will speculation and some will just be pure garabage.

In all honesty I wouldnt get too worked up over it.
OK this thread has been opened back up. Be sure to keep it within the rules of the site.

Thanks

CD
Isn't Humphrey's dad a Coach at LC or am I thinking of someone else?
why did they transfer
Cory transfered for academic reasons. I'm not sure about Nathaniel. I honestly don't blame him since Lawrence is ranked 10th from the bottom in CATS test scores. Honestly, in his position, I would have left as well. LC has had two transfers from Florida who are suppost to be pretty good at football. One's a sophomore who plays QB and TB. One's a junior who plays WR and CB. Rumor has it that both these kids are studs.
billybob Wrote:Cory transfered for academic reasons. I'm not sure about Nathaniel. I honestly don't blame him since Lawrence is ranked 10th from the bottom in CATS test scores. Honestly, in his position, I would have left as well. LC has had two transfers from Florida who are suppost to be pretty good at football. One's a sophomore who plays QB and TB. One's a junior who plays WR and CB. Rumor has it that both these kids are studs.

yea i have seen them and they look pretty solid. They are going to play B-ball as soon as they get some paper work from Florida, and they look pretty good at that also, I dont know if they will see any Varsity action right away, but if they do it will be a big help.
im glad nathaniel transfered and who cares bout lawrence, he came to the better team
i would say probably several care about it
Ive got class with nathaniel now and he seems to be a pretty nice guy. He looks like he could help us out a lot. He is pretty strong, but i have yet to see him do anything on the football field but i did play against him last year and he looked pretty good. He hasnt really told me why he transferred.
jchssideline Wrote:im glad nathaniel transfered and who cares bout lawrence, he came to the better team

Listen I'm a JC grad. and a fan of Central but why would you post something like this crap. SHOW SOME CLASS FOR A CHANGE!
Old School Wrote:Listen I'm a JC grad. and a fan of Central but why would you post something like this crap. SHOW SOME CLASS FOR A CHANGE!

:thumb:
Well I have found out for sure that if you transfer for the no child left behind for better testing scores that you are not able to play sports. Because the way the KHSAA looks at is you trans for academics that the athletics is just secondary.
Nathaniel had a custody transfer to his father who is now a resident of Johnson Co.
billybob Wrote:Cory transfered for academic reasons. I'm not sure about Nathaniel. I honestly don't blame him since Lawrence is ranked 10th from the bottom in CATS test scores. Honestly, in his position, I would have left as well. LC has had two transfers from Florida who are suppost to be pretty good at football. One's a sophomore who plays QB and TB. One's a junior who plays WR and CB. Rumor has it that both these kids are studs.

I'm not sure Cory transferred for academics, he's not really said that or given that as a reason. I do know his family did buy a house here.
I know them both. I was a friend of Cory's. The other...i'll keep to myself.
There's a big principle problem at LC. Everybody hates the guy they brought in and I ASSURE you, if they transferred for academic reasons, it was because of the new principle. We've had more than just those two pack up and leave.
So AA what is the deal with the kids all wanting to leave send me a pm or email me.
The two new kids from Florida are suppose to be STUDS and can flat out play so if they are able to play it would seem that these two transfers from the team dont seem so bad.
I really think that Cory's transfer wasn't for sports I do know that he had any thing he wonted right here he was the starting QB no questions asked he started for the baseball team no quetions asked he was being show cased in every thing he did and this kid loved playing for the Dawgs his family has a lot of history here thats why he wore #7 because it was his cousin's number just a couple of years ago now he is play for Centre college and I don't think Cory has any plans on trying to play at the next level because of his size but one never knows about that but I really think that they was alot more then sport's going on when his parents made to choice for him to transfer I dont think sports had a thing to do with it .But I do think he will play ball because the kid loves to play so good luck Cory and have fun.:theman:
Dials will be eligible to play for the Golden Eagles next season without a doubt. I meet this young man last wk. end and he seems to be a great kid. He will help the Golden Eagle football program a lot in the next two seasons. I don't care if he transferred for acedemic or football reasons all I know is that he is now a part of the JCHS football family and we welcome him with open arms.
tb15 Wrote:Dials will be eligible to play for the Golden Eagles next season without a doubt. I meet this young man last wk. end and he seems to be a great kid. He will help the Golden Eagle football program a lot in the next two seasons. I don't care if he transferred for acedemic or football reasons all I know is that he is now a part of the JCHS football family and we welcome him with open arms.

This is good news I hated to see him go but I am glad that he's going to get to play he's a really good kid. I just don't see how kids get by the KHSAA to me the rules seams very clear but I know they do it every year .BUt any way Good luck and I hope he has a great two years down there but I don't wish the same for JC but I would love to see them in second place behind us But I know that is a LARGE wish on my part but hey you just never know Confusedhithappe