Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should Pikeville's Thomas Be Fired After This Year?
"potsey" Wrote:i dont agree with LM list sorry you left off a sport

1.Football
2.Baseball
3.TRACK
4.Cheerleading
5.Academic team
6.Jr. high Acdemics
7.Jr. high football
8.speech and drama
9.jr high basketball
10.BASKETBALL

sry potsey but track isnt that high on the list
it should look a littel more liek this
1. football
2. baseball
3. cheerleading
4. soccer
5. academic team
6. track
7. jr high scademics
8. jr high football
9. speech and drama
10. jr high basketball
11. basketball
u gotta be kiddin me...the sports list is incomplete... track and cross country are perennial region champions every year... the basketball team would die for a region championship and the football team was paraded around like it won a state championship for their region crown...its time for a track boosters to come along and fork out money for the most successful sport in Pikeville right now. we might not be as fun to watch, but we get the job done EVERY year!
o and btw Thomas sux..... lets get a rowe chant goin on shall we?
"stan_the_man" Wrote:u gotta be kiddin me...the sports list is incomplete... track and cross country are perennial region champions every year... the basketball team would die for a region championship and the football team was paraded around like it won a state championship for their region crown...its time for a track boosters to come along and fork out money for the most successful sport in Pikeville right now. we might not be as fun to watch, but we get the job done EVERY year!
o and btw Thomas sux..... lets get a rowe chant goin on shall we?

Your absolutely correct. How much recognition did we recieve for being region champs? zero. Basketball and football win a few games, and hey lets throw them a pep rally. I'm not saying they dont deserve the pep rally but they should show us some love too.

But I would have to say potsey list is about right because it was talking about the importance at the school not how good we are. We are good but we dont have the same size of a fanbase as other sports.
say thomas does leave after this season
who would take over the head coaching job?
Of course they think he's bad, Pikeville isn't winning. If almighty Pikeville was winning then they would worship the ground Thomas walked on.
"15thRegionFan" Wrote:Of course they think he's bad, Pikeville isn't winning. If almighty Pikeville was winning then they would worship the ground Thomas walked on.
I believe that it is the same way for all coaches...unless a school just doesn't care about a sport....I mean if the team isn't winning then why would you worship ground that the coach walks on??
hmmm maybe its the effort of the players, I've watched them play about 5 times this year and I havent seen the effort that I see from other 15th region teams. Maybe your right, maybe its coach Thomas but it may have a little something to do with the players as well.
True....it could be lack of effort from the players but when the coach doesn't expect/demand any than.....
should thomas be fired after this year??? he should of been fired last year...he is running pikeville's basketball program in the ground...while they are at it, they should fire keno too
I agree phsplyr17 100% Big Grin
"PHSFAN" Wrote:
"torQQue" Wrote:I take it Pikeville doesnt place as much importance on Basketball as they do football

No QQ football is king at Pikeville High followed by baseball then basketball. I see everyone one here downing Thomas and that is cool. I know that he is a GREAT guy, and if he could get the best athlets in the school to come out and play they would sit near or ant the top of the 15th region every season. I for one hope he keeps his job because he has put a lot into the program.

Could you just name a few of the great basketball players/athletes that are in the school who don't play.
I can!
Chase Huffman
Matt Sexton
Weston Robinson
Brett Gibson
Ryan Shurtleff
John Mayo
The list goes on...
"Beef" Wrote:True....it could be lack of effort from the players but when the coach doesn't expect/demand any than.....

Very true
"dirty30" Wrote:I can!
Chase Huffman
Matt Sexton
Weston Robinson
Brett Gibson
Ryan Shurtleff
John Mayo
The list goes on...

Huffman, Robinson, Sexton, all pretty much quit to lift for football and baseball. I knew Gibson would be brought up, but it is not even questionable he was kicked off for attitude.

Shurtleff and Mayo aren't even any good.
Just for the record don't get me wrong, I do think a change needs to take place.
"spxdad" Wrote:Let's fire the players!
They are shooting 45% from the FT line and 34% from the field!

Haha, i recall thomas saying this after a loss to phelps last year! :lol:
"Eugene Cole" Wrote:Just for the record don't get me wrong, I do think a change needs to take place.

Haha, hilarious. When have you seen either shurtleff or mayo PLAY basketball?...

oh you havent.....my bad
"Eugene Cole" Wrote:Huffman, Robinson, Sexton, all pretty much quit to lift for football and baseball. I knew Gibson would be brought up, but it is not even questionable he was kicked off for attitude.
I don't agree with this at all...yes they may be lifting now but I know that Huffman and Robinson would be playing but don't like Thomas....As for Gibson, he too is not playing due to Thomas.
Chase Huffman
Matt Sexton
Weston Robinson
Brett Gibson
Ryan Shurtleff
John Mayo
The list goes on...

John Michael? He isnt a basketball player and eventhough he used to play he was never that good, partially since he started so late.

If Weston and Chase played they both could start. Weston is a good shooter and a team leader. Chase is just flat out one of most athletic kids around, he used to be a great player. Probably still would be too.
Weston has already said that he's coming back out next season!!
"El Enano Enojado" Wrote:
"Eugene Cole" Wrote:Just for the record don't get me wrong, I do think a change needs to take place.

Haha, hilarious. When have you seen either shurtleff or mayo PLAY basketball?...

oh you havent.....my bad

Just for the record Rob shurt is one of my good friends.

Yeah I mean I love Ryan, but hell if he played basketball right now he would not get to play. It's a fact.
"Eugene Cole" Wrote:
"El Enano Enojado" Wrote:

oh you havent.....my bad

Just for the record Rob shurt is one of my good friends.

Yeah I mean I love Ryan, but hell if he played basketball right now he would not get to play. It's a fact.

obviously, because he hasnt been practicing....secondly, because of his family saying things to thomas and williams...
I've seen ryan play....I think I blocked him off the backboard one time Big Grin
"Eugene Cole" Wrote:
Chase Huffman
Matt Sexton
Weston Robinson
Brett Gibson
Ryan Shurtleff
John Mayo
The list goes on...

Huffman, Robinson, Sexton, all pretty much quit to lift for football and baseball. I knew Gibson would be brought up, but it is not even questionable he was kicked off for attitude.

Shurtleff and Mayo aren't even any good.

Actually Huffman quit because he said he just didnt liek basketball any more
Robinson didnt quit either...i was wrong...he just oculdnt play because of the football injury and im sure he plans on playing next year
sexton didnt too muhc liek basketball either but i see him shooting sometimes in the gym
Gibson quit...he wasnt kicked off...
i was just saying they are some athletes!
to sum it up however...manyh of these just didnt wanna play but now im sure in the back of their head they miss the game some

I don't think that we should fire Coach Thomas [size=24]next year[/size]....
I mean we have this year to get rid of him and make up for the loses he's made.
I mean he let's our best players sit on the bench while he puts the ball hogs on the court.
Coach shouldn't have let Steven Jones go because he was one of our best players.
Thomas hasnt sone anything for the pikeville basketball program , other then take a team to state in '99 that almost anyone could have taken to rupp. Maybe if we had a differnt coach we could have made it a little farther in '99, who knows???
"Puckett" Wrote:Thomas hasnt sone anything for the pikeville basketball program , other then take a team to state in '99 that almost anyone could have taken to rupp. Maybe if we had a differnt coach we could have made it a little farther in '99, who knows???
I know!
Maybe you don't remember but Pikeville and Coach Thomas lost in the sweet 16 to that years state champion, Ballard, which beat Scott Co by 24 in the championship game.
Saying Pikeville could have gone farther with a different coach is a ridiculous statement.
"PHS_Moose" Wrote:
I don't think that we should fire Coach Thomas size=24]next year[/size]....
I mean we have this year to get rid of him and make up for the loses he's made.
I mean he let's our best players sit on the bench while he puts the ball hogs on the court.
Coach shouldn't have let Steven Jones go because he was one of our best players.
There's always a man faster on the draw than you are, and the more you use a gun, the sooner you're gonna run into that man.

Dave has been on the hot seat for sometime perhaps if they backed him half as much as they cut him he would be able to do an even better job.
yea i would have to agree with stan the man.. pikeville doesnt give enough recognition to xc and track, we always win!!

but yea pikeville needs to fire coach thomas if they expect us to do any better.. and definatly fire keno as well

and yea pikeville does have talent, they just dont play.. such as Blaze Adkins correct me if im wrong but wasnt he pretty good.. and as far as Sexton and Huffman go they would most likely play as would others if pikeville got a new coach!