Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rank the 15th
I agree with you BBall fan. I just wanted to add some thoughts. I would say that Hall-JC, Hamilton-BL, Justice-ER, Meade-PCC will see a lot of playing time this year and will help their teams significantly. I would add that the freshman at Sheldon Clark will see a lot of playing time. Justin Jones I think is his name.

The other players you mentioned will help their teams as role players this year with some minutes. I admit that I don't know the depth of teams besides JC so those other guys may play more than I realize.

I will add two more 8th graders that will probably see minutes for JC. Truman Salyer(6'4) and Hunter Ratliff(6'3).
hear that Shelby got a new recruit today here also there is questions about where he lives
1. Johnson Central
2. Betsy Lanye
3. Pikeville
4. Shelby Valley
5. Sheldon Clark
6. Belfry
7. East Ridge
8. South Floyd
9. Pike Central
10. Allen Central
11. Paintsville
12. Magoffin
13. Prestonsburg
14. Lawrence
15. Phelps
The 15th will be the one of the most exciting regions to watch this year. It should be a toss up from opening round to the Championship game. I can't wait to watch the tournament. As of now though, I give Johnson Central the #1 spot. But don't slip up or get caught, I see Shelby Valley coming for that number 1 spot.
sportscritic Wrote:U Have no Idea, I would like to go one week without you hatin on BL. The bobcats did lose Bryce and Jordan, BUT they gained Andrew Roberts, Tyler Daniels, Tyler Recznik, and Dylan Hamilton. Let me also say NATHAN MARTIN is playing GREAT. He has a couple of bad games BUT he looked great in most summer games.

I'm not downing BL or their players, but the gain of those four boys won't replace the loss of Bryce and Jordan. I wouldn't call it a gain either. Yes Andrew Roberts is a great player, both smart and talent wise. Dylan Hamilton has a lot of talent and potential for his age/grade, give him a few games to adjust to high school basketball and he will do great. But i wouldn't call Tyler Daniels and Tyler Recznik a gain. If Recznik would push himself and try then he would be a good addition for the bobcats, but i believe he gives up to easy. Once again, i am NOT saying anything bad about BL or their players, i hope no one takes this the wrong way.
the real player44 Wrote:I'm not downing BL or their players, but the gain of those four boys won't replace the loss of Bryce and Jordan. I wouldn't call it a gain either. Yes Andrew Roberts is a great player, both smart and talent wise. Dylan Hamilton has a lot of talent and potential for his age/grade, give him a few games to adjust to high school basketball and he will do great. But i wouldn't call Tyler Daniels and Tyler Recznik a gain. If Recznik would push himself and try then he would be a good addition for the bobcats, but i believe he gives up to easy. Once again, i am NOT saying anything bad about BL or their players, i hope no one takes this the wrong way.

Why would you mention a kid by name if you are not downing them, if you are not saying anything positive about them and call them not a gain then yeah I think you are. But that's ok, everybody has their opinions, can't wait for the games to start, so some of the doubters are proven wrong!
I think Shelby valley is going to blow through the district
IGotGam3 Wrote:I think Shelby valley is going to blow through the district

Which way?
there gonna get blow straght to the bottom
E.ridge Wrote:there gonna get blow straght to the bottom

We know East Ridge all the way! :Thumbs: You'll see come basketball time. East Ridge don't have that many good players. The only ones I seen from last year in JV+Varsity. Coaches son and the big guy. Thats not going to beat Shelby Valley or Pikeville.
think sc will make some noise in the regional tourny it may take until jan to get them playing or mayb feb bfor they rllly peak but i think there gonna suprise sum pple
i think sc is in the top 3 or 4 with jc being the favorite but i also think if sc plays ball they got a good shot at winning the region imo
cards-32 Wrote:i think sc is in the top 3 or 4 with jc being the favorite but i also think if sc plays ball they got a good shot at winning the region imo

who do they have?
they return all the starters except for 2 n the guard they lost is which is the biggest loss is being replaced n is up for grabs with 3 or 4 decent ball players n then the center they lost have 2 big football players that will b playing this yr n one of which will b the strongest in the region imo plus a new kid who is 6'5 playing his first season with the school n with the addition of the new coach i think it will be an exciting year come late dec or jan so i think it will be an interesting year for the cardinals
cards-32 Wrote:i think sc is in the top 3 or 4 with jc being the favorite but i also think if sc plays ball they got a good shot at winning the region imo

i agree it will be an interesting year for the cards
schs baller Wrote:i agree it will be an interesting year for the cards

It'll be interesting. But, I don't see them making that much noise. My point of view, the region is Johnson Centrals. Unless they catch the "all about me" virus. With J.K. Hall, Cody Parker, and the transfer, they have to be a team or they can kiss that trophy goodbye to the next up Betsy Layne or Shelby Valley. :popcorn:
quite informative
Below Zero Wrote:It'll be interesting. But, I don't see them making that much noise. My point of view, the region is Johnson Centrals. Unless they catch the "all about me" virus. With J.K. Hall, Cody Parker, and the transfer, they have to be a team or they can kiss that trophy goodbye to the next up Betsy Layne or Shelby Valley. :popcorn:

Jc will not win region for this reason, to many point happy players to play team ball, and coach will yet again not be able to control them. If JC would have hired a "real" coach this could be the second year to rupp since Mark Starns.
central does have the most talented team but they have a bunch of hot heads who cant keep there heads n i dont bleave any coach could keep them in line no matter who the caoch is.... imo
JC's gonna definitely be pretty good this year.
jc should b good but idk if they can play team ball.... to many hot heads imo should b a interesting yr for the eagles
cart man Wrote:I agree with you BBall fan. I just wanted to add some thoughts. I would say that Hall-JC, Hamilton-BL, Justice-ER, Meade-PCC will see a lot of playing time this year and will help their teams significantly. I would add that the freshman at Sheldon Clark will see a lot of playing time. Justin Jones I think is his name.

The other players you mentioned will help their teams as role players this year with some minutes. I admit that I don't know the depth of teams besides JC so those other guys may play more than I realize.

I will add two more 8th graders that will probably see minutes for JC. Truman Salyer(6'4) and Hunter Ratliff(6'3).

Justin Johnson is the name of the freshman at SC and he is a very good young player he will see a lot of pt
I think Betsy Layne will win it...
fairweatherfan Wrote:1. Johnson Central
2. Betsy Lanye
3. Pikeville
4. Shelby Valley
5. Sheldon Clark
6. Belfry
7. East Ridge
8. South Floyd
9. Pike Central
10. Allen Central
11. Paintsville
12. Magoffin
13. Prestonsburg
14. Lawrence
15. Phelps

Good list. I think that Pikeville has so much potential but as many people in the area will say, they just do not expect much as all of the disappointments from recent years.
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
::Famous:: Wrote:I think Betsy Layne will win it...

I don't know if Betsy Layne doesn't take the summer seriously, but they didn't look to promising. Valley beat them on a neutral floor and I've heard they lost a couple more.
well i promise everyone on this site that we wont hafe to see the valley fans at the expo this upcoming season
E.ridge Wrote:well i promise everyone on this site that we wont hafe to see the valley fans at the expo this upcoming season

First, you need to learn to spell. Second, you need to be more realistic because your making yourself look stupid. East Ridge is not at the level Shelby Valley and Pikeville are. Right now on this site, people think you and East Ridge are a joke because of the things you say. Stop pointing Shelby Valley out on a basketball post because East Ridge beat them in football. Shelby Valley will beat East Ridge 10+. Most of the realistic people on this site will agree with me.
E.ridge Wrote:well i promise everyone on this site that we wont hafe to see the valley fans at the expo this upcoming season

Thats a pretty big promise you have there..... Please explain how you expect this to happen?
i would love to know why you bash us so bad? for whatever reason i would love to know. please come to the games and watch us beat east ridge. while you are there please introduce yourself to me, id love to know who you are. :please:
roberts32 Wrote:i would love to know why you bash us so bad? for whatever reason i would love to know. please come to the games and watch us beat east ridge. while you are there please introduce yourself to me, id love to know who you are. :please:

:popcorn: