Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
National Signing Day Coverage Free *UPDATED 2-2*
Da'Rick Rogers just made it official he's coming to UT. Also, James Stone, one of the top offensive linemen, has chosen UT over Alabama according to GoVolsXtra.
betsylaynealum Wrote:Did those hurt us?

Schofner everyone expected to sign with MSU, there was avery slight glimmer of a change

Smith hurts. He wasn't highly rated but many (including myself) viewed him as one of the best sleepers in the class.
BloodyHarlanVOL Wrote:Da'Rick Rogers just made it official he's coming to UT. Also, James Stone, one of the top offensive linemen, has chosen UT over Alabama according to GoVolsXtra.

UT closing solid....

They did lose one DT to LSU and Ambles chose USC..but nonetheless Dooley did a good job to put things back together after such a disastorous event with Kififn
EKUAlum05 Wrote:UT closing solid....

They did lose one DT to LSU and Ambles chose USC..but nonetheless Dooley did a good job to put things back together after such a disastorous event with Kififn

Juco LB Glen Stanley has apparently signed with USC as well. Overall, a good morning so far for UT. Also, WR Justin Hunter signs with UT after rumors he may go elsewhere.
*TIM PATTERSON TO UK!*

His brother fooled everyone saying it was UL then Tim put the UK hat on...
Is today a great day for UK so far? Is this better than most recruiting classes for the Cats?
As it stands right now, UK's 2010 Signing Day class has been:

Click on a name to visit their article on KentuckyInk.
lwc Wrote:Is today a great day for UK so far? Is this better than most recruiting classes for the Cats?

Yes and yes
What time will Tim Patterson make a decision?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Yes and yes

thetribe Wrote:As it stands right now, UK's 2010 Signing Day class has been:

Click on a name to visit their article on KentuckyInk.

Thanks and thanks. You guys/girls are GREAT! Keep it up!
cougarpride08 Wrote:What time will Tim Patterson make a decision?

He already has and he will be in the Blue and White
CardinalAlum Wrote:He already has and he will be in the Blue and White

If that is UK blue and white, then that is GREAT!
lwc Wrote:If that is UK blue and white, then that is GREAT!

That it is
lwc Wrote:Thanks and thanks. You guys/girls are GREAT! Keep it up!

FYI,
It has been lost in the fray, but Kentuckyink.com is completely free for premium access today
I like your info better, this gives us a good update.

Are we in the top 50 for recruiting this year?

Also are we done for today, or are they big things still to come?
where do you go to on Kentuckyink.com to get these???
betsylaynealum Wrote:I like your info better, this gives us a good update.

Are we in the top 50 for recruiting this year?

Also are we done for today, or are they big things still to come?

At the moment we are in the Top 50 in the mid 40's.

The UKAA live blog said that the coaches got a call that got them all excited but didnt name any names..so there is a chance UK could add one more surprise player.

Uk still has some key committed players who havent faxed their LOI yet including Raymond Sanders, Dale Trimble, Mychal Bailey, Ronnie Shields, Tyler Robinson, and Teven Eatmon. All are still expected to sign but Sanders, Trimble, and Bailey are all BIGTIME players for UK.

UK still needs a WR and an OL. I wouldnt be shoked to see a surprise at one of those positions.
Strikeout King Wrote:where do you go to on Kentuckyink.com to get these???

I have been on their forums.

UKAthletics is also doing a live blog.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I have been on their forums.

UKAthletics is also doing a live blog.

Thanks.

its a good Day to be a UK Fan. Go Cats!!!!
Sanders LOI is in...
In case I didn't put it, DJ Howard officially signed with Clemson. With Uk getting both Gainer and Simpson, it didn't really hurt much though.
I am going to give a quick summary of each UK recruit including their bio from UKAthletics
Tyler Brause- 3* ATH

Chose UK over Iowa State, Maryland, Stanford, and Syracuse

Athlete, 6-4, 220, Fr-HS, Sycamore, Ohio (Wynford) - Big quarterback who has the size and athletic ability to play multiple positions ... First-team all-state in Division VI by The Associated Press ... Second-team all-state by OhioVarsity.com ... Led Wynford HS to a 12-1 record and the third round of the state playoffs as a senior ... Dual-threat quarterback passed for approximately 1,600 yards and 22 touchdowns as a senior while rushing for about 1,300 yards and 26 TDs ... Threw for 1,795 yards and 18 touchdowns as a junior while running for 698 yards and 13 scores ... Listed as the nation's No. 34 tight end by Scout.com ... The No. 119 overall prospect in the six-state Midwest area by SuperPrep ... "A terrific all-around athlete with a live arm, great feet and good leadership skills," wrote recruiting analyst Tom Lemming on MaxPreps.com ... Coached by Travis Moyer ... Teammate of current Wildcat signee Teven Eatmon ... Also played basketball in high school.

My take:

One of my favorite recruits. Kid is a natural winner that was a touchdown scoring machine. UK will give him a look at QB, but I expect him to be used like a Jacob Tamme type of TE. High character kid with lots of athletic ability and strong leadership skills.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xp6aVMXSHE"]YouTube- 2010 football signee: Tyler Brause[/ame]
Alvin Davis 3* DE

Chose UK over Mississippi State and So. Miss

Defensive Lineman, 6-4, 228, Fr-HS, Jesup, Ga. (Wayne County) - Defensive end prospect best known for his athleticism ... Has been timed at 4.6 in the 40-yard dash ... Played as a standup defensive end/outside linebacker at Wayne County HS ... Also saw action as a tight end ... Projects to play on the defensive side of the ball as a collegian ... All-region as a junior and senior ... Collected nearly 100 tackles as a junior ... The nation's No. 134 defensive end by Scout.com ... Coached by Mark Daniel ... "Alvin has size, range and long arms and legs," Daniel said. "He also has very good agility for a player with his height. He has a good frame and the potential to add a lot of strength in college. He's also very aggressive and loves contact." ... Also a standout basketball player.

My take:
Alvin is a mysterious prospect that hasn't been evaluated too much. Great size, great frame, and great speed from the DE position. Will need to add weight on his frame.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhG3bagkwRs"]YouTube- 2010 football signee: Alvin Davis[/ame]
Nermin Delic- 3* DE/TE

Chose UK over Maryland, East Carolina, and Marshall

Defensive Lineman, 6-5, 259, Fr-HS, Dalton, Ga. (Northwest Whitfield) - First-team all-state defensive lineman in Georgia Class AAAA by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution ... Collected 79 tackles, eight quarterback sacks, seven additional tackles for loss, three fumble recoveries and two blocked punts, one of which was returned for a touchdown during his senior season at Northwest Whitfield HS ... Caught four passes for 55 yards and two touchdowns ... Graded out at 86 percent as a blocker, an outstanding mark ... Region 7 Defensive Player of the Year ... Named All-North Georgia by the Chattanooga Times-Free Press ... Helped team to a winning record each season and a pair of state playoff appearances ... Team captain who received the Bruin Award as the team's most valuable player ... Has noteworthy athletic ability, could end up as a defensive end or tight end at Kentucky ... Listed as the nation's No. 26 tight end by ESPN.com and one of the nation's top-50 tight ends by Scout.com ... "Shows good hands," according to MaxPreps.com recruiting analyst Tom Lemming, "and has already developed into an outstanding blocker." ... Coached by Mike Falleur ... "What separates Nermin is his toughness," Falleur said. "He's very tough, does whatever he needs to do on the field. He runs well and changes directions well for a big kid. The sky will be the limit for him when he concentrates on football." ... Also has played basketball ... Born in Bosnia, his family moved to the United States.

My take:
UK fans will love this guy. From his name, to his story, to the fract that he wreaks absolute havoc as a pass rusher. Great motor, great strength, and a frame to add alot of weight. The coaching staff is very high on Delic.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnI0ZVffNfo"]YouTube- 2010 football signee: Nermin Delic[/ame]
Teven Eatmon- 2*/3* OT

Chose UK over UL, Indiana, Iowa State, and Syracuse

Tight End, 6-7, 280, Fr-HS, Bucyrus, Ohio (Wynford) - First-team all-state tight end for Ohio Division VI as selected by The Associated Press ... Has the athletic ability to play tight end and the size to be an offensive lineman in the collegiate ranks ... Also saw action as a defensive tackle at Wynford HS ... Helped lead Wynford to a 12-1 record and third round of the state playoffs as a senior ... Coached by Travis Moyer ... Teammate of current Wildcat signee Tyler Brause ... The No. 128 overall prospect in the six-state Midwest region by SuperPrep ... Listed as the nation's No. 62 offensive tackle prospect by ESPN.com ... Also participated on the track and field team in the shot put and discus throw.

My take:
Teammate of Brause, Eatmon is a physical monster. Huge body with surprising athleticism. Still very raw, will probably be moved to OT, where a redshirt will be in order.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBwG-ebdBuY"]YouTube- 2010 football signee: Teven Eatmon[/ame]
Mike Evans-Douglas 3* DE/LB

Chose Uk over UC, Indiana, Iowa, Iowa State, Missouri, Purdue, and UCF

Defensive Lineman, 6-4, 225, Fr-HS, Clearwater, Fla. (Largo) - Defensive line prospect with good athleticism ... Played defensive end, middle linebacker, tight end and fullback at Largo (Fla.) HS ... Has been timed as fast as 4.6 seconds in the 40-yard dash ... Made 75 tackles his senior season with five quarterback sacks ... Also caught 17 passes for 320 yards and two touchdowns ... Named all-conference and all-district his senior season ... Helped Largo to Class AAAA state playoff appearances each year ... Team reached the state semifinals his sophomore and junior seasons, winning 12 and 13 games, respectively ... Played in the Pinellas County North-South All-Star Game and was called "the top prospect in this game, and the recent Kentucky commitment had a strong performance. He gets off the ball well and has good speed off the edge," wrote recruiting analyst Jamie Newburg of Rivals.com ... The nation's No. 70 defensive end as rated by Scout.com ... Coached by Rick Rodriguez ... "Mike has a great football demeanor," Rodriguez said. "He's an intense player, plays with a lot of passion, and is physical."

My take:
Another guy the staff is really high on. Played for a perennial powerhouse in Florida and had a very good season. Played at LB but will be asked to add weight and move to DE. Fast, explosive, and athletic.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTev4PGoSws"]YouTube- 2010 football signee: Mike Evans-Douglas[/ame]
Anything higher than a 3*?
Brandon Gainer- 3*/4* RB

Chose Uk over Florida State, UCF, UL, UNC, Oregon, USF, and Texas Tech

Running Back, 5-11, 200, Fr-HS, Miami, Fla. (Central) - The nation's No. 15 running back as evaluated by ESPN.com ... Also a national top-40 back by Rivals.com and Scout.com ... Rivals also lists him as the No. 52 player in Florida ... Rushed for more than 1,000 yards as a senior, helping Central High to a 12-2 record and the semifinals of the ultra-tough Florida Class 6A ranks ... Ran for 1,644 yards and 17 touchdowns during breakout junior season ... Earned second-team all-state honors for Class 6A ... "Combines good size with quickness and durability," wrote Tom Lemming of MaxPreps.com ... Coached by Telly Lockette.

My take:
Big time player...big time. From Florida powerhouse and coached by formr UK great Mark Higgs. UK wanted a "big back" and Gainer was their man. Big, strong, powerful, and fast. Has potential to be special. Watch his video.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sfSk3srrpQ"]YouTube- 2010 football signee: Brandon Gainer[/ame]
Stardust Wrote:Anything higher than a 3*?

4* K Joe Mansour
4* TE Alex Smith
4* RB Brandon Gainer