Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Appalachian Wireless vs. Competition
ryan.johnson Wrote:I am very happy that all the new phones are coming to app wireless i think that the only thing that would make it better would be the right rate plans by this i mean we should have cheaper web packs i mean i would love to have internet on my phone but cannot afford the $60 price tag that comes with it...other than that i love AW i have 6 lines with them and love their coverage...like a poster above said i would like to see more coverage in the wheelwright and melvin areas
We are in talks about data rates for basic handhelds. Just keep visiting appalachianwireless.com and join us on Twitter at twitter.com/appwireless or on Facebook. Our Facebook account has been down a couple of weeks because of some computer problems but will be back up soon. News is always posted on those sites first.
i just looked at the blackberry tour....its an awesome phone
APP Wireless always charged extra fees when I had it. Plus, we paid 1200 deposit for 3 phones. Our bill got ran up pretty high and we were told the deposit would cover it. Well a couple years later, that bill is on my mom's credit report and it says it hasn't been paid. So go figure. I now have Verizon and I'm completely happy. Any kind of phone that I want, they have it. I get service almost any place I go. Besides the first couple bills, the amount is usually around the same every month. I have 10 family and friends with a 1400 minute plan. We never go over our limit because of it. And the customer service is always very nice to me and willing to work out a deal.
BCF4L Wrote:We are in talks about data rates for basic handhelds. Just keep visiting appalachianwireless.com and join us on Twitter at twitter.com/appwireless or on Facebook. Our Facebook account has been down a couple of weeks because of some computer problems but will be back up soon. News is always posted on those sites first.

thats great i am very glad to see app wireless actually tring to atleast see what it is that we as a consumer would like to get if the data plans were lower than i would be posting this from my phone lol......on a side note when you get the hero will we have an app store to buy apps from because once i saw that we were getting the htc hero i knew that i was not going to have to goto another carrier to get good phones....good work app wireless
Quote:We have purchased the Bell County territory and should start building it out in the near future. Not real sure when that's going to take place though

thanks i will keep my eye out
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
AW is continuously expanding their coverage and putting so much back into the community. Because of them, our local schools and sports programs have support like never before. Residents of this area have service in places that we otherwise would not. Large carriers may come into this area and put a tower up that those in Pikeville can use but they aren't going to care if those in the backwood areas of the county have service or not. They wouldn't realize how much business they were set to gain by providing it to all of us. AW saw what the area needed and gave us just that. I can get one bar of service at the most at my house and STILL have no complaints about them. Why? Because no other carrier will ever have service here. Sure they cost a little more than other major companies, sure they can't carry some phones as soon as they are released, but it is like a mom and pop store trying to compete with Wal-Mart. The big dogs will come in with rock bottom prices, run everyone out of business, and sink nothing back into the community after they make their dollars but Appalachian Wireless is growing everyday and providing the best that they can to this area. I believe that if they hadn't started providing service so well in this region that the major carriers would have never came in here and competed for our business so basically, we wouldn't have any service whatsoever. AW showed people like AT&T that there was a market here to be had.
Customer service sucks. The men at the paintsville store couldnt stick thier finger in their but. The fact is verizion uses app wireless towers and vice versa. So in the economic times we are facing now its time to get on the verizion wireless wagon. Because saving money is the only thing that matters. Amd the fact of the matter is app wireless doesnt have anymore quality employee or they just have a bunch of people who dont like there job or somethi9ng cause it seems they con tinue to go downhill. Just my opinion please dont freak out.
Well my internet data package was placed on the wrong phone or someone there or at my house understood wrong and I ended up with a nice bill this month. They've changed it to the correct phone now but I still get charged for the package on the phone that didn't use it and then the amount used on the phone that was suppose to have it. I hated that. It would also be nice if Appy was recognized by more than just WYMT for texting, like WSAZ and Facebook and others. Especially news and sports sites.
Mark 11:23 "For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this MOUNTAIN, `Be removed and be cast into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will come to pass, he will have whatever he says. NKJ
CD, it would definitely be nice if they had some people who could hear a situation out and make corrections in cases such as yours. There have been days where the caller ID would stop working on my phone out of nowhere and 2 days ago, anytime you tried to call in to one of the phones on my plan it said it had been disconnected but I could call out and text from it. Those aren't major and have been fixed within the day but sometimes I can't even reach someone if I can a specific store. Point being, there are just sometimes that the people at AW make mistakes because we're all human but they won't write it up to human error and the customer not have to foot the bill for it. In some cases there is no way possible that the customer could control something but they'll always have to pay for it. Most of the time on a major carrier you can speak with someone who will adjust the bill accordingly. AW doesn't have as much money coming in as those companies so I suppose that's why they won't do that.

Jason Goble has been great at fixing anything that has went wild on my phone so far. :Thumbs:

Justin Allen has also been wonderful about answering any questions that I have had related to A.W. period. There have been a lot of them, especially before I switched plans and phones, and he has always answered thoroughly even though it didn't benefit him any.
I know what you mean this was my first bill and when the service was started I went over each phone and plan with someone and either they or I made a mistake about which phone had the service. However, everything else was correct on the phone that is what leads me to think it was on their end.
Mark 11:23 "For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this MOUNTAIN, `Be removed and be cast into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will come to pass, he will have whatever he says. NKJ
thetribe Wrote:Justin Allen has also been wonderful about answering any questions that I have had related to A.W. period. There have been a lot of them, especially before I switched plans and phones, and he has always answered thoroughly even though it didn't benefit him any.

That guy sux. He don't know if he is coming or going
I'm in love with Tawnya.. hehe..

Tom is not my friend....

if you have any questions send me a p.m.
well i work in the wireless industry and have to say that everytime that i have talked to a customer about adjusting a bill i have had to pull alot of strings to get the credit applied and i work for a big carrier...its just that these companies have policies that they have to go by but in the case above i would see were the credit would need to be applied....but back to the aw customer service all the service i have received was good except there was one time that i had a phone that i was buying off someone and the someone had called in and told them that i was allowed to activate it but the woman at the store argued with me that i could not and even told me that i had stolen the phone and that i needed to give it to the owner or i would get in trouble so yeah that is really the only BAD experience that i have had from them... on a side not lower the data rates on the phones!!!!!!!!!! lol :please:
I agree with that as well.
What about Sprint?
PHS#1 Wrote:What about Sprint?
Sprint has very few towers in Eastern Kentucky. I think the major areas are somewhat covered (Pikeville, Prestonsburg, Paintsville), but the outlying areas are being roamed off of App Wireless. Sprint has now been charging customers from this area who use their phones only in this area. They have a 50% rule which states you must use at least half of your minutes in their home area or else they will charge for roaming. They hadn't enforced that rule until recently and they have really been hitting hard with it.
crazytaxidriver Wrote:That guy sux. He don't know if he is coming or going
I agree completely. :eyeroll:
eastkyfootballfan Wrote:Customer service sucks. The men at the paintsville store couldnt stick thier finger in their but. The fact is verizion uses app wireless towers and vice versa. So in the economic times we are facing now its time to get on the verizion wireless wagon. Because saving money is the only thing that matters. Amd the fact of the matter is app wireless doesnt have anymore quality employee or they just have a bunch of people who dont like there job or somethi9ng cause it seems they con tinue to go downhill. Just my opinion please dont freak out.
I'm not going to freak out at all. I'm glad you mentioned it. These are things that need to be taken care of and your input is greatly appreciated. :Thumbs:
thetribe Wrote:CD, it would definitely be nice if they had some people who could hear a situation out and make corrections in cases such as yours. There have been days where the caller ID would stop working on my phone out of nowhere and 2 days ago, anytime you tried to call in to one of the phones on my plan it said it had been disconnected but I could call out and text from it. Those aren't major and have been fixed within the day but sometimes I can't even reach someone if I can a specific store. Point being, there are just sometimes that the people at AW make mistakes because we're all human but they won't write it up to human error and the customer not have to foot the bill for it. In some cases there is no way possible that the customer could control something but they'll always have to pay for it. Most of the time on a major carrier you can speak with someone who will adjust the bill accordingly. AW doesn't have as much money coming in as those companies so I suppose that's why they won't do that.

Jason Goble has been great at fixing anything that has went wild on my phone so far. :Thumbs:

Justin Allen has also been wonderful about answering any questions that I have had related to A.W. period. There have been a lot of them, especially before I switched plans and phones, and he has always answered thoroughly even though it didn't benefit him any.
We have had problems recently with our fiber being cut. I'm not real familiar with how the towers work exactly but I'm assuming this is something that people are doing around our cell sites. Don't know if it's a copper deal or what, but we have been getting emails about this like crazy lately. Could be a reason why things have been messing up.
ryan.johnson Wrote:thats great i am very glad to see app wireless actually tring to atleast see what it is that we as a consumer would like to get if the data plans were lower than i would be posting this from my phone lol......on a side note when you get the hero will we have an app store to buy apps from because once i saw that we were getting the htc hero i knew that i was not going to have to goto another carrier to get good phones....good work app wireless
To answer your question, yes, the Hero has it's own "app store". I think it's called Google Marketplace. Very nice addition to the phone imo, as the app store is one of the things that made the iPhone what it is today.
Also, don't forget guys, this Friday is Black Friday. As you know, we always have great specials on phones that day. In order to beat the Wal-Mart rush, we have decided to open most of our stores (the exception being Harold's Gearheart Building I believe) at 4am on Friday. This will allow people to get in and get their phone before heading over to Wal-Mart for that rush. Should help people out tremendously who sometimes miss our special because of the Wal-Mart rush.

I will be sure to post our special either Wednesday night or early Thursday so check back with me.
I have At&T. I used to have Appalachia Wireless but switched a few years ago because nearly all my friends and relatives have AT&T, and mobile to mobile free services 24-7. My brother is a truck driver and is all over the place east of the Mississippi. He has AT&T and we talk a lot on the phone. I have two sisters who live in the Bluegrass region and they both have AT&T. My girlfriend has AT&T, and so on.
There is a Appalachia Wireless dealer in our county through our local telephone co-op Peoples Rural Telephone Co-op (PRTC). I would venture to guess that the county is probably split 5o-50 between AT&T and AW.

One of my friends works at the co-op that sells AW, and of course he has AW. But when I call him it takes minutes off my phone. I joke him about changing to AT&T and he says he can't because he sells AW and that wouldn't be too smart on his part.:dontthink:biggrin:
I wish they had a better selection of phones..... Why don't they carry the Nokia brand? Those used to pick up awesome........ I have an LG Spyder right now and I hate it.... I had the razr before this and didn't care for the signal it kept, but it did a lot better than this Spyder.....

I have only had the Spyder a year (got it on black friday last year) and the touch screen is not working at all, I can't get to my numbers or anything. How do I go about having this fixed? I may just take my old Razr over and just reactivate it.....
What is a suggestion for good phone for tomorrows sale at appalachian wireless... Contact up and gonna to get one for a penny

any suggestions

????????????????????
The iPhone.

I think it is one of the best inventions ever, seriously, and I think if AW had it I would switch. My problem is that I will be heading back to Ft. Campbell soon thats another reason I went with AT&T. Would it cost me any extra?
With ATT, I get 750 minutes/family with rollover for 69.99/mth. for first two phones, then 9.99 for the 3rd. Nationwide, no roaming( don't have to make 50% of the calls in my area, they all can be made anywhere), unlimited nights and weekends, and unlimited mobile to mobile. I also get an 18% discount every month for being union.
vundy33 Wrote:The iPhone.

I think it is one of the best inventions ever, seriously, and I think if AW had it I would switch. My problem is that I will be heading back to Ft. Campbell soon thats another reason I went with AT&T. Would it cost me any extra?
Rumor has it that Verizon will be getting the iPhone around Fall of next year. If this happens, then we will get it as well, and could be big trouble for AT&T as that is the only thing they have left. They are getting killed right now by Verizon in their national campaigns.
Is there anything to the rumor that Verizon will be buying out Appalachia Wireless in the near future? That's what I heard today from a friend.

Also, why does App. Wireless share tower services with Verizon but not with AT&T? If these companies would share towers with one another there wouldn't be such a big issue with call service in the mountains.

There's hardly anywhere in the eastern section of Clay County that has cell service, regardless of what phone service you have. Route 66 from Oneida, Clay County to Pineville, Bell County is a complete dead zone, even when you're at the top of Red Bird Mountain (which is close to 3,000 feet in elevation). Same thing for Route 11 from Booneville, Owsley County to about 6 miles out of Manchester, Clay County. Unless something has changed lately, a cell phone is useless in those areas. Companies sharing their towers might solve some of these problems and help all mountain people regardless where they live.
BCF4L Wrote:Rumor has it that Verizon will be getting the iPhone around Fall of next year. If this happens, then we will get it as well, and could be big trouble for AT&T as that is the only thing they have left. They are getting killed right now by Verizon in their national campaigns.
Cheaper bills. Comparable plans on ATT are usually 5 bucks a month cheaper, at least they were when I checked last.
Appalachian Wireless
Our Nationwide plans not only allow you to call to or from anywhere in the U.S. without incurring roaming or long distance charges, but also allows UNLIMITED Nights & Weekend minutes, with some starting as early as 8 PM.
Price Per Month Anytime Minutes Night & Weekend Overage
$39.99 450 UNLIMITED $0.40
$59.99 800 UNLIMITED $0.40
$64.99 1200 UNLIMITED $0.40 Add 15.00/mth for Family Talk on plans.
$74.99 1750 UNLIMITED $0.40
$99.99 2500 UNLIMITED $0.40
$124.99* UNLIMITED UNLIMITED No Overages!
Free features include:
Call Waiting, Call Forwarding, 3 Way Calling, Caller ID, Voice Mail & Mobile-to-Mobile
- Digital Features may not be available in all areas.
- 8:00 PM - 6:00 AM Night & Weekend Minutes start on plans $59.99 and up.
-[B] Family Talk $15.00 per month and includes FREE Mobile to Mobile[/B].
- Long Distance/Roaming is included.
- International long distance charges may apply.
- 50% of calls must be within Appalachian Wireless 20 County Area.
- Airtime charges billed in full minute increments.
- Partial minutes round up to next full minute.
- *Add-A-Line feature not available for this plan. Unlimited Plans require the use of a CDMA phone.

ATT
FamilyTalk plans offer a range of cell phone plan options that let you share minutes and save. Use your minutes between two lines or add additional lines for one low price and enjoy:
• Unlimited calling on Nights and Weekends for all lines for most plans
• Unlimited calling to other AT&T wireless customers with Mobile to Mobile while in the U.S.
• No roaming or long distance charges in the U.S.
• Saving unused minutes with Rollover®

Shared Minutes Monthly Cost
(First 2 lines included) Cost for addl. lines Rollover®

700 (Max 5 lines) $69.99 9.99 Y
1400 (Max 5 lines) $89.99 9.99 Y
2100 (Max 5 lines) $109.99 9.99 Y
3000 (Max 5 lines) $149.99 9.99 Y
4000 (Max 5 lines) $199.99 9.99 Y
Unlimited (Max 5 lines) $199.99 99.99

Unlimited Mobile to Mobile and Unlimited Nights and Weekends on all plans.

Individual Plans
Att-
450 $39.99
900 $59.99
1350 $79.99
Unlimited 99.99

Applachian Wireless
Price Per Month Anytime Minutes Night & Weekend Overage
$39.99 450
$59.99 800
$64.99 1200
$74.99 1750
$99.99 2500
$124.99 UNLIMITED
Not To Mention ATT now has the A list were you get 10 people, landlines, other carriers or what ever that are free and dont take your dt minutes