Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Young Stars on the Rise
Laura Carroll for PHS
Emily Wireman and Hayley Meek for JCHS
"rebel mom" Wrote:One of the best young stars I see around is an 8th grader from ACMS,Brandi Brown.Shes playing Varsity and Jr. Varsity for ACHS right now and maybe a little undiciplened but give her a couple years and man she will be hard to beat.

yea she is good
Hannah thompson is doing great at ball handling but Holly Harris has not been doing that good. In there past few games she has been running away from the ball and she sucks at shooting there is girls on there team that can shoot alot better then her like Kayla R. or Haley R.
Laura Carroll from Paintsville had a decent All A regional tournament:

39 pts, 15-26 FG, 6-8 FT, 7 reb, 5 assists, and 4 steals in 3 games. Not bad for a freshman.
I believe that Brandi Brown from ACHS is going to be the best bball player in the 58th in a couple of years.
Laura Carroll from Paintsville has deffinitely stepped up.
"raider_b-ball_24" Wrote:I think Kayla Hall from SF is on the rise. She is in 8th grade and she starts varsity. She can handle the ball and shoot rlealy well. In her middle school season she was player of the week twice and thats really good considering she got it over high school football players and volleyball players

i agree that kid is impressive
kayla hall(SF)
megan hamilton(BL)
they both tied 4 mvp in their m.s. season this year
"UKGIRL20" Wrote:For South Floyd the first two that come to mind is Chelsie Tuttle and Kayla Hall althought they have alot of young players that have potential.

there pretty good
"spectator4bball" Wrote:I believe that Brandi Brown from ACHS is going to be the best bball player in the 58th in a couple of years.

she will be one of the best
Laura Carroll from Paintsville
Selena Conley, Chelsea Salyers, Emily Wireman from JC
I would have 2 say Kendra combs from owsley...as a sophmore she is putting up about 20 per game.....The freshman from jcs is pretty good 2
Amen to That!!
"foulshot" Wrote:They need much improvement to run with the big dogs. When you say they are fearless on the court i doubt that wait and see when Magoffin county gets a hold of them or one of them or one of the other strong teams they will hump up and cry.
:beg:

Ask Belfry if Holly Harris did anything tha remotely looked like "Humping-up and crying". She may have played her best game of the year.
I doubt that she played her best in middle school. She didn't show me much in the Belfry game.
:CE_DP_Ste
"WeisGuy" Wrote:Ask Belfry if Holly Harris did anything tha remotely looked like "Humping-up and crying". She may have played her best game of the year.
I'm right there with ya on that one! Can I get an AMEN!
I know I'm getting like a broken record. But Kendra Combs is Owsley County's main Offense. She's just a sophomore and is to what I see the main Player on the team.
"Tek32" Wrote:I know I'm getting like a broken record. But Kendra Combs is Owsley County's main Offense. She's just a sophomore and is to what I see the main Player on the team.
:thumb:
The entire JCHS starting lineup, considering they are all freshman bu Chessi I believe
Owsley has alot of talented players that work well together. The jv players know how each other play and they have great chemistry when it comes to playing ball together.
I agree Tek32, Kendra Combs from Owsley.
for owsley county i would say they are alot of young girls with potential to be great. their whole starting jv team is nothing but freshman. one you are going to have to watch is that sheri gilbert. get her the ball and she is dangerous. pass a ball to teri gilbert on the three point line and she will light up the gym. these two girls are great and when they are seniors, i know for a fact they will be two that you dont want to mess with.

good job twins......:loveya:
Owsley's JV team nor thier varsity did to good against Knott Monday night. KCC's jv team won by quiet a bit and so did thier varsity. KCC's Jv starting 5 is freshman as well in fact thier is not a single sophmore or junior on the jv team.
I think there is alot of potential from SF Kayla Hall, Chelsie Tuttle, Andrea Conn, Laken Hall, and Ericka Moore all did good there middle skl season. Betsy lane has sum good players too but the only one that stands out is Megan Hamilton
Owsley County has several young girls that you will hear about in the next 2-3 years. Sheri Gilbert and Teri Gilbert (twins) are two putstanding guards, both defensively and offensively. Brittany Gabbard and Candi Combs are coming up as outstanding rebounders and defensive players and in the 8th grade is Mika Turner who is an excellent shot and point guard. There are 5-6 more 7-9 grade students on this team that are also talented. When this young group (which makes up their JV team starters) are put in varsity games, in my opinion do just as well as the varsity. The varsity only has 2 seniors this year, so they are also a young team. Again my opinion, the Lady Owls will shine again in the next few years.
"Cash" Wrote:The entire JCHS starting lineup, considering they are all freshman bu Chessi I believe
and Brianna
Hannah Thompson, Holly Harris, and Abby Coleman from Pike Central. In my opinion, they're the best. Thompson has great ball control and vision on the court. Harris can shoot outside. Some people on here are saying she can't but I completly disagree. I'm not pointing anyone out but 'Constructive Critizism' is one thing but completly doggin' someone is another. Holly is a great basketball player. There's a lot of fight in her and she's gonna be GREAT when she's older. I can't wait to see what the future brings for that young lady. Abby Coleman can sink those three's. When she does get the ball you know it. She's also pretty good with helping Thompson in handling the ball.

Actually if you want me to be frank, Kayla Pennington isn't doing all that bad either. I can't really explain it but she's like a whole new player in these last couple of games. It's almost like she's came out of her shell or something. She's been strippin' three's and getting more aggressive down low. Give her some time and her and Kayla Lowe will be unstoppable in the post area.

:Nodding:
Yeah I agree to Harris and Tompson both have great talent and could do great things for Pike Central in the future. I also think that Sawyers and McCarty from East Ridge is also pretty good talented ball players to be so young they have great potential as well.
I do believe that the best young players of the 15th would have to be Thompson, Harris, and Coleman..... Thompson is a great playmaker and she can break most presses and thompson's defense is tramendous...Harris can shoot the lights out of it if she will & harriss defense is Great too.... Coleman is an all around player..
I think that Shae Deskins is a great ball player from Belfry, shes only a sophmore this year just imagine what she is capiable of doing next year!