Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best team in the mountains??
rocket01 Wrote:Rockcastle since 2000

Games Played: 129 (currently) playoff game this friday will mark 130 since 2000
Points Scored: 4,292 AVG. 33.2 PPG
Points Allowed: 1,771 AVG. 13.7 PPG from opponents
Home Record: (60 games)= 52-8 Points Scored:2,171 (36.1) Points Allowed:698 (11.6)
18 shutouts at home
District= 46-9
Playoffs= 20-9
OVERALL= 97-32 75%

Rockcastle since 2000

Games Played: 129 (currently) playoff game this friday will mark 130 since 2000
Points Scored: 4,292 AVG. 33.2 PPG
Points Allowed: 1,771 AVG. 13.7 PPG from opponents
Home Record: (60 games)= 52-8 Points Scored:2,171 (36.1) Points Allowed:698 (11.6)
18 shutouts at home
District= 46-9
Playoffs= 20-9
OVERALL= 97-32 75%

4 district titles= 2000,2001,2002,2006
4 district runner-ups= 2003,2004,2005,2007
4 region titles= 2000,2001,2002,2005
1 region runner-up= 2006
5 state quarter-final appearances= 2000,2001,2002,2005,2006
4 state semi-final appearances= 2000,2001,2002,2005
2 state final appearances= 2001,2002

Kentucky All-Stars= 5
Derrick Bussell (SENIOR of 2000 team 13-1)
Marty Reagan (SENIOR of 2002 team 13-2)
Jason Leger (SENIOR of 2003 team 9-3)
Mikey Denny (SENIOR of 2005 team 11-3)
Brad Durham (SENIOR of 2006 team 11-2)

East/West Ky. All-Stars= 1
Zach Burkhart (SENIOR of 2007 team 6-6)
Border War All-Stars= 2
Scott Daughtery (SENIOR of 2007 team 6-6)
Zach Burkhart (SENIOR of 2007 team 6-6)

MSFCA South All-Stars Team= 6
Anthony Cook (mgr.) (JUNIOR of 2005 team 11-3)
Trent Jones (SENIOR of 2004 team 8-4)
Gabe Guilfoil (SENIOR of 2004 team 8-4)
Derrick Hurst (SENIOR of 2004 team 8-4)
Gabe Stallsworth (SENIOR of 2005 team 11-3)
Benny Northern (SENIOR of 2002 team 13-2)

ALL-STATE PLAYERS:
2000- Derrick Bussell
Travis Ingram
Sean Smith
Greg Harper
Greg Terry
2001- William Blair
Jens Strietzel
Adam Childress
Josh Hale
Aaron Anderkin
Marty Reagan
2002- Marty Reagan
Tanner Abney
Jason Leger
2003- Jason Leger
2004- Max Saylor
2005- Mikey Denny
2006- Scott Daughtery
Shawn Childress
Dusty Miller
Brad Durham
2007- Scott Daughtery
2008- Casey Hayes

2009= I believe Clark Rowe is only a sophomore and has over 1800 yards and 20 touchdowns, he is potential to be next on the list and perhaps the first sophomore since JD Harris to accomplish that in school history.

I forgot to mention a few things along the way.............lol.
Bell county bobcats
best coach, best players, best fans, best county i mean what more can you ask for
BigBlueBobcatFan Wrote:best coach, best players, best fans, best county i mean what more can you ask for

lol i like it. i like seeing people talk smack and back it up and until bell county loses to a mountain team they can talk all they want. some other schools need to learn from bell county because before you can talk like your the best you have to be the best.
monster_energy Wrote:lol i like it. i like seeing people talk smack and back it up and until bell county loses to a mountain team they can talk all they want. some other schools need to learn from bell county because before you can talk like your the best you have to be the best.
:BigLaugh: I can talk all I want along with the other members of the last mountain team to beat Bell County, and Rockcastle was real dominant from 2000-2002, and from 2005-2006. So yeah I can talk on this one all day.:Thumbs:
rocket01 Wrote::BigLaugh: I can talk all I want along with the other members of the last mountain team to beat Bell County, and Rockcastle was real dominant from 2000-2002, and from 2005-2006. So yeah I can talk on this one all day.:Thumbs:

Rock has a great past.:biggrin:
Didn't the Eagles beat the Rock in 2006?
#1EagleFan Wrote:Didn't the Eagles beat the Rock in 2006?

That don't count!!!! Rock beat Bell that year.
rocket01 Wrote::BigLaugh: I can talk all I want along with the other members of the last mountain team to beat Bell County, and Rockcastle was real dominant from 2000-2002, and from 2005-2006. So yeah I can talk on this one all day.:Thumbs:

i hate to break your heart when i say your the past now and nobody thats playing on this years mountain teams is worring about the 2000-2002 and 2005-2006 rock team lol.
i mean if this thread was made 5 years ago yeah you all of the other players on that team could talk all the smack you want but sorry your the past. :moon:
i think bell is by far the best team in the mountains but i think its a toss up between whos the second best team.
Well since this thread is based on anything. Lawrence County is easily the best team in the mountains based on looks... They have a bunch of good looking players...
all day jay Wrote:Well since this thread is based on anything. Lawrence County is easily the best team in the mountains based on looks... They have a bunch of good looking players...

lol i hope your a girl since your checking all of these high school boys out lol
monster_energy Wrote:i hate to break your heart when i say your the past now and nobody thats playing on this years mountain teams is worring about the 2000-2002 and 2005-2006 rock team lol.
i mean if this thread was made 5 years ago yeah you all of the other players on that team could talk all the smack you want but sorry your the past. :moon:
You aint breaking my heart at all darling......lol, I just have some bragging rights of being on that last mountain team to beat Bell County.....thats all.
If the last 10 yrs is the measuring stick...then....

1. Belfry
2. Bell Co.
3. Breathitt

I think to be considered in the conversation....a state championship is a must.
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:If the last 10 yrs is the measuring stick...then....

1. Belfry
2. Bell Co.
3. Breathitt

I think to be considered in the conversation....a state championship is a must.

At the end of this season, Belfry will have wrapped up one of the greatest decades in mountain football history. If Bell and/or Breathitt were to close out the year with a state title, they could make a claim for being the best in the mountains this decade. My awards for teams of the past three decades are:
1980s-Corbin and Pikeville
1990s-Breathitt and Bell
2000s-Belfry
leave it alone rocket 01 bell in hands down better than rock.....Belll county and belfry the best teams but bell is number 1...
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Someone else will have to count the district and regional titles up... but Belfry has 2 State Championships and 3 State Runner-ups.

It'd be nice if someone could help me out with those two, don't quote me on this, but I think Pikeville has 20 sumthin District/Region title championships, 3 runner ups and four state titles (55 being the first technically) Oh and as far as im aware 3 years undefeated (55,87,88) and a few 10-0 teams i think
logmountainboy64 Wrote:leave it alone rocket 01 bell in hands down better than rock.....Belll county and belfry the best teams but bell is number 1...

Not declaring they're not, but why do you make that claim? What supports Bell over Belfry?

Hasn't Belfry won 2 State Titles (like Bell) and yet the Pirates have also been to three other state title games? That would certainly shift the edge in their direction in that department.

The last two decades, Bell has won more actual games and better winning % in their favor. However they've done less in the post season with it.

Plus you have to factor that Belfry's record was probably better than Bell's in the 80's.

Just would love to hear a statistical case for Bell because I'm sure there's one out there that looks beyond homerism. :Thumbs:
Hatz Wrote:Not declaring they're not, but why do you make that claim? What supports Bell over Belfry?

Hasn't Belfry won 2 State Titles (like Bell) and yet the Pirates have also been to three other state title games? That would certainly shift the edge in their direction in that department.

The last two decades, Bell has won more actual games and better winning % in their favor. However they've done less in the post season with it.

Plus you have to factor that Belfry's record was probably better than Bell's in the 80's.

Just would love to hear a statistical case for Bell because I'm sure there's one out there that looks beyond homerism. :Thumbs:

The argument that many of Bell fan's would have is, we were knocked out of gettting to the state title game by Highland every year. A few times it was CovCath that knocked us out but basically it was highlands. That's hard for any team. Only other argument could be we played up. But, you can't take anything away from Belfry for sure. They were a machine year in and year out also.
Bell was being beat out by Highlands and CovCath. While Belfry was beating Russell and other 2A opponeents. Not to hate on Belfry but the arguement over playoff wins is misleading. Belfry was helped a lot with the move to 2A.
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:Bell was being beat out by Highlands and CovCath. While Belfry was beating Russell and other 2A opponeents. Not to hate on Belfry but the arguement over playoff wins is misleading. Belfry was helped a lot with the move to 2A.

The counter point to this arguement is Belfry won both State Titles during the old 4 Class System..unlike Bell who had to win their's in a 6 Class System once they moved to 4A.

It's not that Belfry chose to play down... they also enjoyed a ton of success while being mainly 3A as well. In fact, Belfry has had their fair share of playoff runs in the past end at the hands of Highlands (Belfry, like Bell, would have a biger trophy case from the 80's and 90's if not for the Birds), as well as Ashland Blazer during their glory days. In fact, Belfry actually reached the State Finals 3 times (79, 85, and 86) in 3A prior to moving to 2A, Bell only did that once with their 1991 State Championship team.

To further this arguement, although Belfry has moved down in class it is not as if they have ducked competition condusive to their size. The mountains are loaded with top programs in the 2A/3A ranks. Comparative to Belfry's enrollment they have actually had a more difficult playoff run (not talking about overall how goo the teams are they have been facing, but more as on a pound for pound basis). Since 2001, Belfry has been elimiinated by the following teams:

2001- Pburg (State Runner-Up)
2002- Breathitt County (State Champs)
2005- Russell (State Champs)
2006- Russell (State Runer-Up)
2007- Central (State Champs)
2008- Breathitt County (State Runner-Ups)

I will call it like I see it and say in terms of the modern era of mountain football, say the past 25 years, I would give Bell a slight advantage over Belfry because they lead the all-time head to head series. That in itself ends the debate IMO. But, in terms of this decade there is no doubt in my mind Belfry has been the King of the Mountains.