Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Ashland Tomcats
18.75%
Ironton Fighting Tigers
81.25%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ironton (OH) @ Ashland 9/18
BADCAT74 Wrote:Next Friday Albers will have the best game of his career, and they will need every bit of it to beat Ironton. Defense will be the difference! These is a stingy bunch!

I dont see Albers having the best game of his career against this defense. Sorry badcat.
Ironton by as many as they want in this one. Wheres this game played? If its at putnam the refs may keep it close.
Ram Fan04 Wrote:Ironton by as many as they want in this one. Wheres this game played? If its at putnam the refs may keep it close.

Its at Putnam, and if thats the case, then Lewis Co. and Ironton will feel the same pain this week as LC travels to Fairview.:Thumbs:
I have been thinking about this one for a while, and I think I am going with the Tomcats!

Ashland Blazer 27
Ironton (OH) 21
In OVERTIME
Ironton by at least 3 td's
Ironton
The tiggers over Ashland eleventy billion to nothing.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:The tiggers over Ashland eleventy billion to nothing.

Welcome back AMAEVIL, an thanks for the vote of confidence. :ChairHit:
Are you mad at us cause we sent that mean ole' Rashard Carter down to The Muskies an he layed the smack down on your AMS? Kinda like getting beat by Ashland twice this year? :yikes:
BADCAT74 Wrote:Welcome back AMAEVIL, an thanks for the vote of confidence. :ChairHit:
Are you mad at us cause we sent that mean ole' Rashard Carter down to The Muskies an he layed the smack down on your AMS? Kinda like getting beat by Ashland twice this year? :yikes:

Was there a game Friday night?:eyeroll:
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:Was there a game Friday night?:eyeroll:

lol
:Thumbs:
Ashland will be competitive, but I don't think they have enough for the 1st win in almost 20 years
Ram Fan04 Wrote:Ironton by as many as they want in this one. Wheres this game played? If its at putnam the refs may keep it close.
Really? you think?? I hope not. nah surely not.
Ashland has a very talented team this year but I just don't see them hanging in there long enough to fight off the Tigers. Albers will be the best back in this game though. The kid has some special talent going for him and I'm glad to here that he has a good head on his shoulders and very nice parents!!!

Ironton 28
Ashland 14

Good luck to both teams!!
Ironton 32 Ashland 21
By all rights, Ironton should win this one with some to spare.

But if the Tomcats pull the shocker, they'll be no living with them on this whole message board. :HitWall: :biggrin:
Ashland gave ironton all they wanted last year, it was 12-6 late in the forth quarter ironton put on 6 more before it was done. But Ashland is better as well as ironton is, I look for another close game. Go getem TOMCATS!
BADCAT74 Wrote:Ashland gave ironton all they wanted last year, it was 12-6 late in the forth quarter ironton put on 6 more before it was done. But Ashland is better as well as ironton is, I look for another close game. Go getem TOMCATS!

i really hope you are right i was on the sideline and in the locker room in 05 after that loss it was one of the most somber moments i have witnessed since that day i have wanted nothing more than a tomcat victory in this series however i feel that it may elude us another year i just dont know if this team has the confidence and swagger to compete with the tiggers
Great matchup! I will be puling for the Tomcats.
i'll take Ironton 28 Ashland 7
If you average every lineman on the team for Ironton the AVERAGE is 260. Ashland only averages 198 and only one player over 250 lbs! I see Ashland bieng manhandled in the trenches making the difference in the game.
Ironton-46
Ashland-6
I could see this game going to overtime. This game is they BEST game this side of I-75, but I believe Ashland's team speed matches up with Ironton's speed.BUT I will say that Ironton pulls out another heartbreaker from the TOMCATS again.
As usual doesn't matter how good Ashland is, Ironton to win by as big a margin as they choose!
No way Ashland keeps this one close. I keep reading everyone singing Ashlands praises calling them one of the best teams in the last 20 years, talking about how much speed they have, and I just don't see it.

I have only seen them once, and maybe it was a bad night, but...

Yes, they have a nice team. Yes, they are lean and have some quickness. Yes, they have a chance to make some noise this year, but they weren't all that, in my opinion, and I hate to see them unrealistically built up to a level they cant perform at.

How much speed do they really have? Belfry's backs out ran them and the RBs for Ashland were caught from behind a couple of times in that game. Ashland also was worn down in the Belfry game and they were tired in the 4th quarter. That will kill them against a more physical and more disciplined team that the Tigers will put on the field.

Good luck Tomcats, I hope you win, but it would shock me if Ashland keeps it any closer than 14 points.
Buc-a-roo Wrote:No way Ashland keeps this one close. I keep reading everyone singing Ashlands praises calling them one of the best teams in the last 20 years, talking about how much speed they have, and I just don't see it.

I have only seen them once, and maybe it was a bad night, but...

Yes, they have a nice team. Yes, they are lean and have some quickness. Yes, they have a chance to make some noise this year, but they weren't all that, in my opinion, and I hate to see them unrealistically built up to a level they cant perform at.

How much speed do they really have? Belfry's backs out ran them and the RBs for Ashland were caught from behind a couple of times in that game. Ashland also was worn down in the Belfry game and they were tired in the 4th quarter. That will kill them against a more physical and more disciplined team that the Tigers will put on the field.

Good luck Tomcats, I hope you win, but it would shock me if Ashland keeps it any closer than 14 points.
Ashlands speed is not in the backfield. Where Ashland has great speed is in their defensive front seven, or eight, or nine, however many guys they decide to keep in the box.

That speed advantage can be negated by a strong team that runs north and south. I think that is what will happen tonight and I agree that Ironton will win by two TDs or more.
Ironton 28
Ashaland 21

that's my prediction
FBALL Wrote:Ashlands speed is not in the backfield. Where Ashland has great speed is in their defensive front seven, or eight, or nine, however many guys they decide to keep in the box.

That speed advantage can be negated by a strong team that runs north and south. I think that is what will happen tonight and I agree that Ironton will win by two TDs or more.

I told you!!!!.....The Tiggers will win eleventy billion to 0!!
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:I told you!!!!.....The Tiggers will win eleventy billion to 0!!
You know I never listen to you. I don't think the kitty cats will give up quite that many points. But you may have the 0 right.

Don't you have enough transfer problems with ams to deal with.
I think that Rashard Carter's speed and agility will be missed at this game.