Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley best team in Pike County!
Guess they are overlooking everybody. LOL
Think Valley is solid #2 in Pike co. Belfry would be #1.
Alright alright alright, Enough talking about how We are the best team in pike county and all of this other trash, WE might be the best team in pike county, and then again we may be the worst team in pike county, There is no way we can debate this conversation this early in the season, I personally think we could possibly be the best team in pike county, but we also have alot of certain details that we need to work on, but Hey what team doesnt? If were the best team in pike county, we will find out this upcoming november to see how far we make it this season. But until then Congradulate us on our wins, and if we lose then tell us to get back on our feet.! But these threads are ridiculous this early in the season and i even play for Shelby Valley haha. But thanks for the notice and thanks for some people who thinks we could be the best. But let us do our jobs on the field and then you can say were the best team in pike county. Smile
Tanner Tackett #35 Wrote:Alright alright alright, Enough talking about how We are the best team in pike county and all of this other trash, WE might be the best team in pike county, and then again we may be the worst team in pike county, There is no way we can debate this conversation this early in the season, I personally think we could possibly be the best team in pike county, but we also have alot of certain details that we need to work on, but Hey what team doesnt? If were the best team in pike county, we will find out this upcoming november to see how far we make it this season. But until then Congradulate us on our wins, and if we lose then tell us to get back on our feet.! But these threads are ridiculous this early in the season and i even play for Shelby Valley haha. But thanks for the notice and thanks for some people who thinks we could be the best. But let us do our jobs on the field and then you can say were the best team in pike county. Smile

Sounds good to me. BTW, you are a heck of a player and could play on any team in the county and be an impact player. Of course I am a Belfry fan, but I like to acknowledge the good talent from other teams too.
bucslover68 Wrote:Sounds good to me. BTW, you are a heck of a player and could play on any team in the county and be an impact player. Of course I am a Belfry fan, but I like to acknowledge the good talent from other teams too.

Wow dude thanks, that means alot to me. And yea dude i do the same thing, i may play for shelby valley but ill give credit to any team who deserves it.
Whats wrong with that guy? Is he serioulsy retarded or something? Belfry is hands down the best team in pikeville, even if they are down this year! and as far as you all thinking to can beat Lawrence County? well good luck last time we played I believe we sent you all home with ur tail between your legs! 38-19
RedSeal Wrote:Whats wrong with that guy? Is he serioulsy retarded or something? Belfry is hands down the best team in pikeville, even if they are down this year! and as far as you all thinking to can beat Lawrence County? well good luck last time we played I believe we sent you all home with ur tail between your legs! 38-19

How about you quit getting on here and critizing Shelby Valley, thats all ive seen from you, all you say is "how terrible shelby valley is and how great lawrence county is". THATS good buddy, like ive said 15 times we PLAY THEM SOON, if their better than us, they will beat us, Until then there is no reason for you to get on here and run your mouth!
Good luck Valley!
Maybe 3rd best
GRIFFIN Wrote:Maybe 3rd best

Maybe 3rd? Who else would be better than Valley in Pike County? East Ridge? Pike Central? Phelps?
Tanner Tackett #35 Wrote:How about you quit getting on here and critizing Shelby Valley, thats all ive seen from you, all you say is "how terrible shelby valley is and how great lawrence county is". THATS good buddy, like ive said 15 times we PLAY THEM SOON, if their better than us, they will beat us, Until then there is no reason for you to get on here and run your mouth!

Yea we will see and lets here you wine about it some more :lmao: and I just want to know who you all have beat this year? I think we just beat the number 6 team in 3a! And you really think you can compete with LC this yr?
Tubby Lover Wrote:This is high school ball not the pros!I feel Valley could Belfry right now!

Seeing how you all dont schedule them no more you can say that..If you still played them you wouldnt..Because Belfry is still at this point 30 points better than SV.
ROFL I would like to see PCC and Valley play again later in the season, i would take PCC

Belfry is the best time in Pike County no questions asked.

Shelby Valley has to prove to themselves they are good, P-Burg will beat them by 40+ easly right now.

Thye have a weak schedule and its getting the best of them, its giving them a big head but ol well when they play a decent team they will see how good they really are.
no way shelby valley is the best team in pike county. Its pike central
RedSeal Wrote:Yea we will see and lets here you wine about it some more :lmao: and I just want to know who you all have beat this year? I think we just beat the number 6 team in 3a! And you really think you can compete with LC this yr?

I think Sheldon Clark was ranked second in 3a but hey didn't valley beat tug valley and pike county central :lmao: Those are great wins...:eyeroll: Shelby Valley is way out of LC's league.:biggrin:
Well, I dont think they are as good as Belfry, because until Belfry is knocked off, theyll always be the best team in Pike county. This is no knock on Valley, but nobody in Pike county has beaten Belfry in YEARS, several of them lol, so Belfry is the big cheese until someone can prove otherwise...HOWEVER, this DOES bring up an interesting subject. Instead of Pikeville scheduling the Steelers, Patriots, Gators and Oklahoma and whatnot, why not start a series with Shelby Valley? A much more competitive and fun, not to mention a guaranteed sell out every year type series..It would be a great measuring stick for both teams early in the season too..Im for it! Big Grin
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
PC_You_Know Wrote:Did I miss something? Am I wrong? Is Pikeville an automatic qualifier for the playoffs? Im confused.

In the district they play in, Pikeville is as close to an automatic qualifier as you can be, without being in a 4-team district.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Now, as to the original thread topic...

To say Shelby Valley is the best team in Pike County right now is ridiculous. Valley has played Belfry the past several years and not even come close. And while Belfry may be down this year, there is still no evidence to support the idea that SV has somehow made up the 41 point deficit from last year.

Now, if you want to argue for them being 2nd best...it's possible. It's hard to say if they are better than Pikeville right now, since the two haven't played in a LONG time. Pikeville is certainly not the Pikeville of old, and both they and SV were beaten by identical 41 point margins by Belfry last year. So could Valley be better than Pikeville this year? Maybe, but we'll probably never know.

What we do know is that by beating Pike Central for the fourth straight year (and handily at that), they are solidly no worse than 3rd, and maybe 2nd. But definitely not the best.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
To be the best you have to beat the best and i don't think its happened so no you cant call yourself the best team in pike Co.
I would have to say that Belfry is still No.1
Dave Cantrell of the Lexington Herald has chimed in as of today with his weekly rankings. He still isn't drinking the SV Kool-Aid. Here are his Pike Co. rankings:
1-Belfry 66.7
2-Pikeville 39.5
3-Shelby Valley 37.8
4-Pike Central 28.8
5-East Ridge 8.2
6-Phelps 3.5
Yep Coach Booher has his kids looking real good for another great season and without a doubt the best team in Pike County .......................................................Oh wait this is a football thread? Come on, get a clue and realize that SV is no where near the best team in Pike County.
I agree with you all to the extinct. The last couple of years, belfry has by far been the best team and argueibly is still to this day. But i ask, what have they done this year ? And everyone says Oo Valley has beat PCC and Tug Valley, what you all dont understand is that WE didnt arrange our scheldule, Coach Saunders Arranged this scheldule and then he resigned from coaching at shelby valley. So there is no need to get on here and bash our first 2 games that we have played because it isnt our fault, we dont scheldule who we play. We just play Wink
:yawn: Another year, another Shelby Valley can beat anyone in the world thread. Please, until you guys have beaten someone that is worth a crap, keep your trap shut. You guys are no where close to being the best team in Pike Co. Belfry could field a team from the stands and still beat you guys.

It is every single year I get on here and read where SV is the best team in Eastern Kentucky and will mop the floor with anyone. But every year they always get the hammer laid down on them by Prestonsburg. This year will be no different. P-burg only beat Belfry by a TD and P-burg will beat Valley by at least 3 TD easily. So, in short, Belfry is 10X the team SV is.
BCF4L Wrote::yawn: Another year, another Shelby Valley can beat anyone in the world thread. Please, until you guys have beaten someone that is worth a crap, keep your trap shut. You guys are no where close to being the best team in Pike Co. Belfry could field a team from the stands and still beat you guys.

It is every single year I get on here and read where SV is the best team in Eastern Kentucky and will mop the floor with anyone. But every year they always get the hammer laid down on them by Prestonsburg. This year will be no different. P-burg only beat Belfry by a TD and P-burg will beat Valley by at least 3 TD easily. So, in short, Belfry is 10X the team SV is.

o i see, Prestonsburg laid the big ole hammer on us last year? they beat us by i think 2 points on a catch in the endzone with 27 seconds left on the clock, and we was up on the scoreboard the entire game. yea that sounds like the laid the hammer to us. :p
BCF4L Wrote::yawn: Another year, another Shelby Valley can beat anyone in the world thread. Please, until you guys have beaten someone that is worth a crap, keep your trap shut. You guys are no where close to being the best team in Pike Co. Belfry could field a team from the stands and still beat you guys.

OOOOOHHH I see now, Hey Tug Valley and Pike Central you guys arent worth a crap.......I didnt say it an ADMINOSTRATOR did.Confusedhh:

BTW its not Eastern Kentucky, its Pike County that they are the best in, and yes they are.

No one said they'd mop the floor with anyone.
Also P-burg has barely beaten them the last 3 years. Like Tanner said by what 2 last year.
They lost 16 seniors Valley lost 3.
So if Belfry is 10x the team Valley is then why in your twisted little world would they only beat them by 2 TD's.
Even when Belfry is "down", no team in Pike County is even remotely within 4 TD's of them.

There is a reason belfry ended the series that they graciously agreed with SV and it definately was because Belfry thought they would lose anytime within the next decade.
I believe Shelby Valley is better than people think. Although I don't think SV is the best team in Pike County. Belfry will be king in Pike County until someone beats them. Shelby Valley will have their chance to prove themself on the football field. Beating up on Tug Valley is not gonna get you any credit though. The first test for Shelby Valley will be Lawrence County. As for Valley having the best backfield in the mountains, we will see about that next week. :popcorn:
central fan Wrote:OOOOOHHH I see now, Hey Tug Valley and Pike Central you guys arent worth a crap.......I didnt say it an ADMINOSTRATOR did.Confusedhh:

BTW its not Eastern Kentucky, its Pike County that they are the best in, and yes they are.

No one said they'd mop the floor with anyone.
Also P-burg has barely beaten them the last 3 years. Like Tanner said by what 2 last year.
They lost 16 seniors Valley lost 3.
So if Belfry is 10x the team Valley is then why in your twisted little world would they only beat them by 2 TD's.

Do you people not understand that last year is the PAST. The past (like all of our opinions) doesn't count for jack. We are talking about now.

What you have to back up your argument:
- Belfry has lost two games already.
- Shelby Valley has won two games and lost zero.
- Prestonsburg lost a lot talent from last year's team.

What destroys your argument:
- Belfry lost to two very good teams, Prestonsburg and Ashland.
- Shelby Valley beat two mediocre teams, Tug Valley WV and Pike County Central.
- Prestonsburg is undefeated with a home victory over Belfry, a home shutout/blowout win over Paintsville, and stole a victory on the road from last week's Mountain top team and 3A powerhouse, Breathitt County.

I hope you are not arguing that Shelby Valley has a better resume' than Prestonsburg or Belfry, because they don't.
Cover3 Wrote:Dave Cantrell of the Lexington Herald has chimed in as of today with his weekly rankings. He still isn't drinking the SV Kool-Aid. Here are his Pike Co. rankings:
1-Belfry 66.7
2-Pikeville 39.5
3-Shelby Valley 37.8
4-Pike Central 28.8
5-East Ridge 8.2
6-Phelps 3.5

This looks pretty accurate to me. Actually, it looks almost like my assessment of SV's standing that I mentioned earlier in the thread.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]