Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Bell Co.
73.21%
Whitley Co.
26.79%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell Co @ Whitley Co 9/11
Im taking Whitley by 8!
Which way is everyone going down to Williamsburg? Hwy 92? If so, how do you get to the football field from there?
I know Dudley Hilton will not let his troops overlook this Whitley County team. Coach Hilton is simply a better coach than that. This game will be a dog fight and the best team will win. That's why I'm picking the road team, the Bobcats.

I have one question though, where is ole BellCoBobcats09 in this thread? I understand he started the thread, but he hasn't even went on with his ramblings about how Bell County is the best team of all time yet. Come on, were all waiting for you man! We all want to hear how terrible Middlesboro is, how they need to fire Coach Roark, and get this thread off-subject. :biggrin:

WHERE HAS THAT BEEN?! :biggrin:
Going down im going 25E then Corbin bypass and then I 75. Coming home I will take 92. Going the long way up to eat some Applebee's.
MiddlesboroAlumni Wrote:I know Dudley Hilton will not let his troops overlook this Whitley County team. Coach Hilton is simply a better coach than that. This game will be a dog fight and the best team will win. That's why I'm picking the road team, the Bobcats.

I have one question though, where is ole BellCoBobcats09 in this thread? I understand he started the thread, but he hasn't even went on with his ramblings about how Bell County is the best team of all time yet. Come on, were all waiting for you man! We all want to hear how terrible Middlesboro is, how they need to fire Coach Roark, and get this thread off-subject. :biggrin:

WHERE HAS THAT BEEN?! :biggrin:

LOL... Im trying to be good in this thread. I know Bell Co has a chance of losing this one if they dont come out ready to play. About Middlesboro I will keep that in the Lee Co thread. LOL...
Bell by at least two scores if they are even close to the normal Bell teams. I have seen Whitley and I personally do not believe they are as last year.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:LOL... Im trying to be good in this thread. I know Bell Co has a chance of losing this one if they dont come out ready to play. About Middlesboro I will keep that in the Lee Co thread. LOL...

I am proud of you.
im picking bell by 10 to 14 whitley is a 5a school and they didnt lose a lot from last year im told got most of their defense back.
Can anyone on here tell me the last time Whitley beat Bell?
I'm a student at Whitley (who will be crazy at the game :ClapSmile and a few of us we're trying to remember the last time it happened.
It's had to have been many years.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:I am proud of you.

Thanks.... :Clap:
sports-fan08 Wrote:Can anyone on here tell me the last time Whitley beat Bell?
I'm a student at Whitley (who will be crazy at the game :ClapSmile and a few of us we're trying to remember the last time it happened.
It's had to have been many years.

I think it was in 97 or 98 in the City County Bowl at Bell Co.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:I am proud of you.

So am I ONB. It wasn't easy for him I'm sure. :biggrin:
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:I think it was in 97 or 98 in the City County Bowl at Bell Co.

Wow. Really has been a long time haha.
Thank you for that info though!
Im a senior this year, and its one of the things I want to happen this year haha.
They have some scores of the previous games hanging around the school. I guess to get us even more hyped haha.
Im so excited though, should be a great game.
Whitley by a TD
I was doing some research on this game. Looks like all Whitley Co does is run and run some more. Which is good for Bell Co, they defend the rush very well.

Whitley Co lost there 2 top rushers from last year (Powers and Jones) and there top receiver (Rider). On defense they lost there two top LB's (Wilson and Jones).

Offense
#1 rusher Jason Powers had 1,831 yards and 28 TD's last season.
#2 rusher Cody Jones had 1,174 yards and 26 TD's last season.
#1 receiver Anthony Rider had 311 yards receiving last season.

Defense
LB Nate Wilson 60 tackles
LB Cody Jones 93 tackles
DB Anthony Rider 63 tackles
DB Chad Breeding 65 tackles.

Whitley didnt lose much in # of players but lost some GREAT SKILLED POSITION players from last years team.

Last year Whitley:
Rushed for 4,321 yards as a team. Avg of 308 ypg.
Passed for only 905 yards as a team. Avg of 64 ypg.

Leading scorers on last years team was:
Jason Powers 184 pts
Cody Jones 184 pts
Both in which are gone from Graduating.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:I think it was in 97 or 98 in the City County Bowl at Bell Co.

I don't think it was in either of those years but it could have been.
Amped 88 Wrote:I don't think it was in either of those years but it could have been.

99 or 2000 Greer's last year as HC.
Amped 88 Wrote:I don't think it was in either of those years but it could have been.

WC was a heck of team that year.
Whitley gets the win over a vastly overrated Bell team. Whitley 20 Bell 13
BluegrassBuckeye Wrote:Whitley gets the win over a vastly overrated Bell team. Whitley 20 Bell 13

Vastly. In what way do you think they are overrated? I understand you may not like Bell or whatever but what makes you think they are overrated?

Bell threw the ball last year against Whitley to take a early lead. I look for them to do the same this year. Bell's passing game has been very good the past couple of years.
BluegrassBuckeye Wrote:Whitley gets the win over a vastly overrated Bell team. Whitley 20 Bell 13

Based on what?
Based on Whitley scores more points.
BluegrassBuckeye Wrote:Based on Whitley scores more points.

Never mind. I can see you can't take anything you post seriously.
BluegrassBuckeye Wrote:Based on Whitley scores more points.

Oh I see. :eyeroll:
You're right. I don't take this board very seriously. It's High School football for crying out loud. It's irrelevant. I compare this years Bell team to Boyle County's 2004 team. They were coming off of the last of their five state titles and beat a lot of teams that year simply because they were Boyle County. Several teams layed down for them. Boyle lost to Lex Cath that year and to Highlands twice along with a close call win over Central. They were still good; just not great. That's how I see Bell this year. They were routed by Alcoa and barely got by a Marion Co. team that isn't real good. I don't see them doing much in the playoffs this year once they get out of the mountains and start playing the stronger central KY teams (most likely Boyle or Last years Bell team was the real deal and when they beat Boyle I was shocked. Will they beat Whitley? Most likely. I just like to see the Bell fans get riled up so it's fun to throw a jab out there once in a while. You have to admit that Bell fans are by far the angriest and most defensive fans on this board. Back to the game; I hope Whitley wins; if for no other reason than to chuckle at all of the excuses that get posted. In reality, I say Bell 28-20. So relax and have FUN. I AM!
easyM Wrote:Based on what?

easyM Wrote:Never mind. I can see you can't take anything you post seriously.

BluegrassBuckeye Wrote:You're right. I don't take this board very seriously. It's High School football for crying out loud. It's irrelevant. I compare this years Bell team to Boyle County's 2004 team. They were coming off of the last of their five state titles and beat a lot of teams that year simply because they were Boyle County. Several teams layed down for them. Boyle lost to Lex Cath that year and to Highlands twice along with a close call win over Central. They were still good; just not great. That's how I see Bell this year. They were routed by Alcoa and barely got by a Marion Co. team that isn't real good. I don't see them doing much in the playoffs this year once they get out of the mountains and start playing the stronger central KY teams (most likely Boyle or Last years Bell team was the real deal and when they beat Boyle I was shocked. Will they beat Whitley? Most likely. I just like to see the Bell fans get riled up so it's fun to throw a jab out there once in a while. You have to admit that Bell fans are by far the angriest and most defensive fans on this board. Back to the game; I hope Whitley wins; if for no other reason than to chuckle at all of the excuses that get posted. In reality, I say Bell 28-20. So relax and have FUN. I AM!

Ooops, I fat fingered the enter key! Sorry about that. I meant to say " I don't see them doing much in the playoffs this year once they get out of the mountains and start playing the stronger central KY teams (most likely Boyle or Lex Cath).
Whitley had them down 19 in the second half and should have won if not for some cramping and injuries late. I think both teams are as good as Lex Cath and think this game will be great. I will take Whitley 18-16
This will be a great game watch......The Whitley County Ground and Pound Vs. The Bobcat Defense.....This could be slugfest, and one of the best games in the mountains this week. I give a slight edge to Bell, But Whitley proved they could play with the big boys vs. Cath
LexCath or Boyle should not be in the mind of Bell right now. They have a long way to go. This is the Best Whitley Co. team according to their fans in a long time maybe ever. I guess we will see Friday night.

Who is replacing Jones and Powers in the backfield for Whitley this year? Seems they would be pretty tough to replace.
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:99 or 2000 Greer's last year as HC.

It was actually 1999 Whitley Co won 25-21. It was a District game.