Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2010 Top 25 players in KY
PC_You_Know Wrote:In ANY players defense, how many times have you watched them, everybody has a bad game.

It was the state championship game so I would say they play there hardest in that game.. I'm not bashing them at all.. They are really good players, I was just expecting more than I saw out of them.
KINGJAMES#1 Wrote:It was the state championship game so I would say they play there hardest in that game.. I'm not bashing them at all.. They are really good players, I was just expecting more than I saw out of them.

Also it would be theoretically against there toughest competition. Plus JJ missed 2 wide open lay-ups, you think that is a good game for them? watch them in the KOB tourny this year
KINGJAMES#1 Wrote:I watched both players from Holmes play and wasn't impressed at all with them. They are way overated IMO.

KINGJAMES#1 Wrote:It was the state championship game so I would say they play there hardest in that game.. I'm not bashing them at all.. They are really good players, I was just expecting more than I saw out of them.

How can you say a kid is overrated when you've only seen them one time? There's a reason they were both 1st team all state, have made the all state tourney team 2 years in a row, been tabbed by many recruiting sources as the best two players in ky, and are getting the D1 looks that they have.

They're 70-5 as starters and will likely win 100 games as starters by the time their varsity career is over. How many kids can say they won 100 games as starters at the varsity level? The kids are proven winners and get it done against the best competition in the state. I'd hardly call that being overrated. Watch them throughout the course of a season and you'll see why they're hyped up the way they are. BTW, not sure what game you were watching because Pittman single handedly got Holmes back in the game in the second half of the state championship with 7 straight points to put them within 2 and set up Dom Johnson's 3 to take the lead.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:That list is premature.

Top 10 Seniors-to-be IMO:

1. Ricardo Johnson - Holmes
2. Ge-lawn Guyn - Scott Co.
3. Elijah Pittman - Holmes
4. Josh Sewell - Trinity
5. Elisha Justice - Shelby Valley
6. Chad Jackson - Scott Co.
7. Donovan Gibbs - Iroquois
8. Jemimah Johnson - Holmes
9. Thomas Jackson - Jeffersontown
10. Dakotah Euton - Scott Co.

I really like Aaron Watts & Delquan Thomas -- both worthy of a top 10 spot.

I like your list, BA. #5 sounds about right to me.

Just so everyone knows, it's not just the Shelby Valley people that "hype up" Elisha Justice. As his username implies, BlackcatAlum is a Prestonsburg fan. I have also seen several other BGR members from other schools who have also been impressed with Elisha's play.

I believe that there a number of members on here throughout the area, that, while they hope their school will beat Shelby Valley if they happen to play this year, they also recognize that he is a special player and hope nothing but the best for him.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ricardo Johnson- best player in the state
Elisha Justice- best point guard in the state
Chad Jackson- lots of potential if he can ever knock down the jumper, but has way too many turnovers to run the point, he will play 3 man in college, more of a point forward than a point guard
Pittman- lots of potential as well as risk
Jeremiah Johnson- very good, will get offers from some schools as a package to get Ricardo
kywildcat, could you see Ricardo and Jeremiah going to the same college?
PC_You_Know Wrote:kywildcat, could you see Ricardo and Jeremiah going to the same college?

It's possible. Butler is interested in them as a package deal to get Ricardo.

They will likely go to different schools though. I see JJ going to a mid major whereas Rico will likely end up at a high-major or BCS school.

JJ has improved tremendously over the summer though and from seeing both together, it looks as if JJ is now a little taller than Rico. JJ needs to improve is perimeter game. That's the only thing holding him back from getting the same attention as his brother.
kywldcat01 Wrote:It's possible. Butler is interested in them as a package deal to get Ricardo.

They will likely go to different schools though. I see JJ going to a mid major whereas Rico will likely end up at a high-major or BCS school.

JJ has improved tremendously over the summer though and from seeing both together, it looks as if JJ is now a little taller than Rico. JJ needs to improve is perimeter game. That's the only thing holding him back from getting the same attention as his brother.

They are brothers correct? If so, which one is older?
I would like to add Casey Stapelton of Russell and Cody Barker of Raceland.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:They are brothers correct? If so, which one is older?

Yes they are brothers but not twins like a lot of people think... Ricardo is older than JJ by less than a year.
kywldcat01 Wrote:Yes they are brothers but not twins like a lot of people think... Ricardo is older than JJ by less than a year.

Thanks for the information. That is what I figured.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:Thanks for the information. That is what I figured.

No problem.
PC_You_Know Wrote:I'm sure you disagree, you don't even think Justice is one of the top guards in the state let alone #9.
I'm sure that if you were to take your head out of EJ's rear end you would find out that there are other capable PG's in the state................I understand, but just wait for this..............................................Some are even better than EJ! And will be recruited to a higher level! I understand this must come as a huge suprise to you, but you will find that usually they play a higher brand of ball nationwide than is played at Valley when they are hosting 15th region opponents!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My suggestion............Get out of Pike County and watch some Ky highschool basketball.................. Maybe even consider watching games with some of the higher rated PG's in the state, that way u would actually have something to compare Justice to!
More Cowbell Wrote:I like your list, BA. #5 sounds about right to me.

Just so everyone knows, it's not just the Shelby Valley people that "hype up" Elisha Justice. As his username implies, BlackcatAlum is a Prestonsburg fan. I have also seen several other BGR members from other schools who have also been impressed with Elisha's play.

I believe that there a number of members on here throughout the area, that, while they hope their school will beat Shelby Valley if they happen to play this year, they also recognize that he is a special player and hope nothing but the best for him.

I agree that most ppl hope for the best for Mr. Justice. As for the ridicoulos hype.....................NO, it's mostly from valley fans like yourself! Maybe u just need to man up and admit that the rest of the state isn't on EJ's N*ts like yourself and some of the other valley faithful!
kywldcat01 Wrote:Chad Jackson averages close to a double double while also being a TRUE point guard. The kid already has offers from both Xavier and West Virginia. There's nothing wrong with me saying he's ahead of Justice...a lot of scouts think the same thing.

Get over it dude...there are better players than Elisha. I don't see why all of the SV faithful have to get defensive when someone says so. :yawn:

At least there is one other poster on here that has watched some Pg's oputside of Valley's gym!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I've seen Chad Jackson play numerous times, mostly on WazooSports.com. I've also seen Elisha Justice play against solid competition (6A #1 team from Georgia at the time, Male '07, Henry Clay '08, Mason Co. '09, Bardstown '09, Elliott Co. '09 twice) and neither team could stop him. He did have an off night shooting against Elliott County in the sweet 16, but in the other games he picked those teams apart on the defensive end and they could not stop him from scoring.

Chad Jackson is an excellent point guard as well, but he turns the ball over more often than Justice, Jackson cannot create his own shot, but Jackson does have more upside to his game. Thats the only advantage he has over Justice IMO.

But right now, I'd take Elisha Justice over Chad Jackson.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I've seen Chad Jackson play numerous times, mostly on WazooSports.com. I've also seen Elisha Justice play against solid competition (6A #1 team from Georgia at the time, Male '07, Henry Clay '08, Mason Co. '09, Bardstown '09, Elliott Co. '09 twice) and neither team could stop him. He did have an off night shooting against Elliott County in the sweet 16, but in the other games he picked those teams apart on the defensive end and they could not stop him from scoring.

Chad Jackson is an excellent point guard as well, but he turns the ball over more often than Justice, Jackson cannot create his own shot, but Jackson does have more upside to his game. Thats the only advantage he has over Justice IMO.

But right now, I'd take Elisha Justice over Chad Jackson.

That's your opinion and you are certainly entitled to it, but I think I will just agree with the rest of the free world and take a top 40 in his class nationwide over a kid that to my knowledge isn't ranked inside the top 250 in his class. But that's just me.
letthebighogroot Wrote:That's your opinion and you are certainly entitled to it, but I think I will just agree with the rest of the free world and take a top 40 in his class nationwide over a kid that to my knowledge isn't ranked inside the top 250 in his class. But that's just me.

What scouting website are you getting your rankings from?

I know that Justice isn't on Rivals.com or Scout.com.

Can anyone explain why Justice hasn't made a profile on either of those sites?
letthebighogroot Wrote:That's your opinion and you are certainly entitled to it, but I think I will just agree with the rest of the free world and take a top 40 in his class nationwide over a kid that to my knowledge isn't ranked inside the top 250 in his class. But that's just me.

I don't know what recruiting ranking board that you are talking about because I haven't even seen Chad Jackson even in a top 150 list on any board.

The only player I've even seen from the state of Kentucky is Ge-Lawn Guyn. He's ranked around 130 or so on rivals.
letthebighogroot Wrote:I'm sure that if you were to take your head out of EJ's rear end you would find out that there are other capable PG's in the state................I understand, but just wait for this..............................................Some are even better than EJ! And will be recruited to a higher level! I understand this must come as a huge suprise to you, but you will find that usually they play a higher brand of ball nationwide than is played at Valley when they are hosting 15th region opponents!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My suggestion............Get out of Pike County and watch some Ky highschool basketball.................. Maybe even consider watching games with some of the higher rated PG's in the state, that way u would actually have something to compare Justice to!

I grew up in Ohio and have been back there many summers all my life and have seen WAY bigger basketball than Kentucky has to offer.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:What scouting website are you getting your rankings from?

I know that Justice isn't on Rivals.com or Scout.com.

Can anyone explain why Justice hasn't made a profile on either of those sites?

Justice doesn't create a profile on rivals or scout...the recruiters/scouts do for him. He simply isn't that big of a prospect which is why you see nothing on there about him. A lot of the profiles on Scout and Rivals are only the elite players from each state. Justice name simply isn't out there yet which is why he doesn't have a profile on either.
kywldcat01 Wrote:Justice doesn't create a profile on rivals or scout...the recruiters/scouts do for him. He simply isn't that big of a prospect which is why you see nothing on there about him. A lot of the profiles on Scout and Rivals are only the elite players from each state. Justice name simply isn't out there yet which is why he doesn't have a profile on either.

When a website ranks you the #46 PG in the nation, that sounds pretty big time. Now before everyone umps all over me. I didn't say he was #46, I said a site ranked him that way. That site happens to be ESPN.
kywldcat01 Wrote:Justice doesn't create a profile on rivals or scout...the recruiters/scouts do for him. He simply isn't that big of a prospect which is why you see nothing on there about him. A lot of the profiles on Scout and Rivals are only the elite players from each state. Justice name simply isn't out there yet which is why he doesn't have a profile on either.

Is football different than basketball? Because a friend of mine at Prestonsburg said all you had to do was pay $75 dollars and you have a profile on Rivals.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Is football different than basketball? Because a friend of mine at Prestonsburg said all you had to do was pay $75 dollars and you have a profile on Rivals.

With football it's a little different because there's so many more kids that participate but I've never heard of that. Then again, I don't cover football so it's not something I'm familiar with.

As far as basketball, do you really think players like John Wall, Eric Bledsoe, Demarcus Cousins, etc. are paying $75 to have a rivals profile? The majority of the time, a scout will see a kid play, get information on him and create a profile.
PC_You_Know Wrote:When a website ranks you the #46 PG in the nation, that sounds pretty big time. Now before everyone umps all over me. I didn't say he was #46, I said a site ranked him that way. That site happens to be ESPN.

ESPN's ranking is very subjective and honestly aren't very accurate. Almost all of the profiles that they create for kids come from seeing them just once whereas Rivals and Scout have guys who have followed the kids and seen them play over the summer and during the high school season..
kywldcat01 Wrote:With football it's a little different because there's so many more kids that participate but I've never heard of that. Then again, I don't cover football so it's not something I'm familiar with.

As far as basketball, do you really think players like John Wall, Eric Bledsoe, Demarcus Cousins, etc. are paying $75 to have a rivals profile? The majority of the time, a scout will see a kid play, get information on him and create a profile.

I just posted what I was told. Never said that it was a fact or not, so there is no need in getting worked up over something that really has no meaning.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I just posted what I was told. Never said that it was a fact or not, so there is no need in getting worked up over something that really has no meaning.

I wasn't...didn't mean to come off as if I were. My apologies.
Justice will play D1. I was a two time all-american at the NAIA level. My point guard was the all time leader scorer at our school. He scored over 2400 points. Justice is a better "POINT GUARD" than he was. Much quicker and sees the floor much better. Some of you don't know crap about basketball or what it takes to play at the next level.
CowboyUp11 Wrote:Justice will play D1. I was a two time all-american at the NAIA level. My point guard was the all time leader scorer at our school. He scored over 2400 points. Justice is a better "POINT GUARD" than he was. Much quicker and sees the floor much better. Some of you don't know crap about basketball or what it takes to play at the next level.

And your comments about you being a 2 time all american and Justice being better than the all time leading scorer at your school shows your lack of knowledge. 2400 points at the collegiate level is pretty solid.

:eyeroll::dontthink
kywldcat01 Wrote:And your comments about you being a 2 time all american and Justice being better than the all time leading scorer at your school shows your lack of knowledge. 2400 points at the collegiate level is pretty solid.

:eyeroll::dontthink

Like I said he will be a better true point guard in college than D was. Justice might not score 1500 or 1200 in college but I bet he has just as good a career handling the "POINT GUARD" duties. I scored 1800 points as a two guard. I could never handle the ball like Justice. But that's just my point I didn't have to because I had a great point guard. As for you questioning my knowledge on basketball that's a laugh. I've been doing this for 25 years. He doesn't quite shoot the ball the way we did but he does everything else just as good or better.