Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has your new transfers help your girls program
Doris Schutt Wrote:I agree that parents should allow their kids to tie their own shoe laces after 7th grade..:biggrin:

I agree 100%, unfortunately we are in the minority on this subject. Parents don;t get their way so they take their ball and go home.:argue:
Another thing that really burns me, is how some parents what to send their kid to another school and for whatever reason and they literally shop their kid around from school to school. :redboxer:
If either of the two schools have players they don't need please send them down the road a few miles. We need players and we don't care if they are not good players. We would just like to have kids that WANT to play,we'll do the rest. In lite of the current "coaching"situation we may not have enough to field a team this coming season!

PS Parents can stay home.
Keep the responses on the original question without being biased towards a school. Yes it has helped or no it has not. This thread is on very thin ice.
They haven't seem to fit in where my daughter goes.
I will say it again, the new kids have helped and will continue to help our program. Whether they fit in or not doesnt matter to them or their parents. If you are unhappy then go help another team. :Thumbs:
razor Wrote:I will say it again, the new kids have helped and will continue to help our program. Whether they fit in or not doesnt matter to [B]them[/B] or their parents. If you are unhappy then go help another team. :Thumbs:

I can't imagine this being the case. If it didn't matter then they more than likely wouldn't have transferred.
Atticus Wrote:I can't imagine this being the case. If it didn't matter then they more than likely wouldn't have transferred.

They transferred because they wanted their kids to be on a winning team for the next 4-5 years to come and they are giving their kids the best coaching in the Tri-State area...Does it really matter what their motive or intent were for leaving?
razor Wrote:They transferred because they wanted their kids to be on a winning team for the next 4-5 years to come and they are giving their kids the best coaching in the Tri-State area...Does it really matter what their motive or intent were for leaving?

Does this mean they will be transferring back or to another school?
Atticus Wrote:Does this mean they will be transferring back or to another school?

Who? The kids that came this year or the unhappy parents that have had their kids at Ashland since K5?
There is very little loyalty in high school athletics. As soon as a program has a bad year or two it seems a lot of parents hit the panic button and goes find a school that is playing well and moves them there.
Atticus Wrote:I can't imagine this being the case. If it didn't matter then they more than likely wouldn't have transferred.

Well said Atticus :Thumbs:
razor Wrote:Who? The kids that came this year or the unhappy parents that have had their kids at Ashland since K5?

I recall reading on another forum site about a local private school being criticized for playing transfers ahead of kids that have been at the school since k5. Even though the players that transferred were more talented and could help the team. And the majority of the criticism came from the public school. But when it happens in a public school it is okay to allow players to play ahead of the kids that have been there since k5 and wonder why the parents maybe a little upset. Look I could care less what kids transfers from one school to the next. I just hope that it is in the best interest of the kid and not to stroke the ego of a parent. And to leave one school just because you think that they may not have a very good team instead of staying and help them have a good team just isn't a good enough reason.
My daughter has been at Ashland since day one. I can tell you we are not leaving Ashland because 3 girls transfered this year. I think a lot of the other post you are reading are people hoping for problems on the team.
American Dream Wrote:My daughter has been at Ashland since day one. I can tell you we are not leaving Ashland because 3 girls transfered this year. I think a lot of the other post you are reading are people hoping for problems on the team.

Why would anyone hope for problems for Ashland? They are going to be re-building like everyone else in the 16th region except for East and Raceland.
Good luck to the KITTENS!!!!!!!!!! and the rest of the region.
porkchop Wrote:There is very little loyalty in high school athletics. As soon as a program has a bad year or two it seems a lot of parents hit the panic button and goes find a school that is playing well and moves them there.

Amen. That says it all in a lot of cases. You win :1: 1st prize !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
From my understanding these kids left because they wanted to play basketball and were afraid that the program would not be there in a couple of years. I believe the school you guys are referring to has had about 7 or 8 girls leave in the last couple of years. I must say I cant blame them for being a little nervous about it because I am sure they do not want to sit out a year if they did not have a team.
kybasketballfan Wrote:From my understanding these kids left because they wanted to play basketball and were afraid that the program would not be there in a couple of years. I believe the school you guys are referring to has had about 7 or 8 girls leave in the last couple of years. I must say I cant blame them for being a little nervous about it because I am sure they do not want to sit out a year if they did not have a team.

That makes perfect sense. Does this school even have a team now?
I am glad to have the transfers as it made a good team better. The girls seem to get along with each other very well. My daughter will be there through the hard times as well as the good times. If any of the other players are not happy with the team then they should move on, if that is their wish, as they will just hold back the rest of the team from developing by their discontent and animosity. IMO there is nothing worse than to have a team where the girls just won't get along and won't except their roll on the team. Not everybody can start and to make a run at a state title you have to have a very deep bench.
Spongebob Wrote:I am glad to have the transfers as it made a good team better. The girls seem to get along with each other very well. My daughter will be there through the hard times as well as the good times. If any of the other players are not happy with the team then they should move on, if that is their wish, as they will just hold back the rest of the team from developing by their discontent and animosity. IMO there is nothing worse than to have a team where the girls just won't get along and won't except their roll on the team. Not everybody can start and to make a run at a state title you have to have a very deep bench.

I assume you are not referring to a 16th Regional Team.
kybasketballfan Wrote:From my understanding these kids left because they wanted to play basketball and were afraid that the program would not be there in a couple of years. I believe the school you guys are referring to has had about 7 or 8 girls leave in the last couple of years. I must say I cant blame them for being a little nervous about it because I am sure they do not want to sit out a year if they did not have a team.

A parent didn't get their way and took their daughter and friend with them. The whole region knows the story since the parent shopped their daughter to several schools. The rest of this is pure fantasy. The parent was'nt offered the coaching job and that is the real story here. I for one am glad they didn't bring this baggage to our school.
What is exactly the rules on transfer guys? I am just curious.
Doris Schutt Wrote:I assume you are not referring to a 16th Regional Team.

I believe West Carter of the 16th region won a state title in 2000.
It stated on the Kentucky Basketball Network that West Carter was the last school to win the state title since 2000 that was not from the Louisville or Lexington area. This is a very proud accomplishment for the 16th region. Their bench was not very deep. They only played 6 or 7 players.
Spongebob Wrote:I believe West Carter of the 16th region won a state title in 2000.

Yes they did and Rose Hill Lady Royals in 2005 State Runner Ups.

I thought you were talking about the teams in the 16th Regional that are now and not then.
My apologies Doris, I took your reply as a shot at the 16th region and was just saying that it's not impossible for a team from the 16th to make a good run at a state title. I am just looking to the future.
Ashland might have a chance at going deep in the Sweet Sixteen come next year.
Do transfers help? Sure they do, I believe that the current coach for the Fairview Lady Eagles left Ashland to be a Maroon Comet and win the State title. Alot can be said for that, so parents if you are unhappy with where your kids are now...well you know what to do. But the answer is yes that transfers do help.
I would say transfers have help our program, and actually saved us from being mediocre. IMO
Old Shooter Wrote:Do transfers help? Sure they do, I believe that the current coach for the Fairview Lady Eagles left Ashland to be a Maroon Comet and win the State title. Alot can be said for that, so parents if you are unhappy with where your kids are now...well you know what to do. But the answer is yes that transfers do help.

You of people should have noted that Rose Hill's Runner Up finish was because of the 2 transfers that Kidwell let get away. :HitWall: