Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breathitt Co. 39 - Estill Co. 7
Breathitt Bobcat Wrote:We experienced that LAST year.REMEMBER when Holcomb called a timeout to try to teach the refs how to mark of a penalty?They was already winning so why KEEP "making poor calls"(cheating)?
I do not think there is cheating going on, at least I hope not.....It is common, not just in Belfry, that the officials are intimidated by the home crowd and "swallow" their whistles as far as calling penalties against the home team. Belfry had a better team than Breathitt last season, that is why they won in my opinion.....I think Breathitt is stronger than last years team and they are going to be even stronger next season.....Belfry is tough and it will take a great effort by the Bobcats to pull off an upset....
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Breathitt Bobcat Wrote:NO....to start the 3rd quarter Estill got the ball and had it for 9 minutes and 44 seconds I believe without scoring.Bad move on their part.Down 3 TD's you can't have those long scoreless drives.That's why you have to have another element to your game for times when you need a quick strike.

I think the halftime score was 19-7. Estill came out and drove down the field, and dropped a td pass that would have made the score 19-14. Like I said I'm pretty sure that was the correct halftime score, not 100% though. Also with Bendict going down on Estill's first offensive series was a pretty big blow on both sides of the ball(not to mention the fumble that occured during the injury). Estill battled through, and we're proud of you guys!
Breathitt Bobcat Wrote:Hey they was tough and I congradulate them on that but one season doen't make a dynasty.Only a few of them in the mountains and NONE get the credit they deserve.They sell the mountain teams short every year.Us;Belfry;Bell;Russell;Hazard;P-burg;etc.We do it year in and out and ONLY get credit if we win it all.The Hearld had teams in last weeks top 25 that their season was over.Come On.Good game Estill.

In all the posts that have been posted on here, NO ONE from Estill or any other county has said that Estill was or is a dynasty!!! Why is it soooo hard for you to realize that we, the people of Estill County are proud of our players and what has been accomplished in this one season!!!! Yes, Breathitt County has an excellent program and they have had one for several years now, and no one is disclaiming that fact. It just seems like you get on here and try to stir up trouble about trivial stuff that makes no sense what-so-ever. Breathitt won last night, fair and square...that's all there is to it, they were the better team last night...why can't you accept the win and move on, we have accepted our loss and not once has anyone from Estill County mentioned or even incenuated (sp) that we lost due to poor calls....WE LOST on our on merit. I've never heard so much complaining from one person about winning such an important game as last nights game.
congrats breathitt on the big win. get ready for a war next week.
cheerdad Wrote:In all the posts that have been posted on here, NO ONE from Estill or any other county has said that Estill was or is a dynasty!!! Why is it soooo hard for you to realize that we, the people of Estill County are proud of our players and what has been accomplished in this one season!!!! Yes, Breathitt County has an excellent program and they have had one for several years now, and no one is disclaiming that fact. It just seems like you get on here and try to stir up trouble about trivial stuff that makes no sense what-so-ever. Breathitt won last night, fair and square...that's all there is to it, they were the better team last night...why can't you accept the win and move on, we have accepted our loss and not once has anyone from Estill County mentioned or even incenuated (sp) that we lost due to poor calls....WE LOST on our on merit. I've never heard so much complaining from one person about winning such an important game as last nights game.

This was the team for Estill. Great season but it will be hard to match this Estill team. This was I.M.O. the BEST team Estill has had next to the 95' team that lost to Danville in the playoffs. As far as Dynasty if you had this same team back for 3 more years it would be possible, but it will hard to replace the seniors from this team. Estill fell behind and with their style they had to play catch up and that is not good when your a ball control team. Breathitt got too many big plays for scores.
Breathitt plays for a regional championship on a regular basis. They are used to being in this game every year. This was a whole different atmosphere then what Estill was used to being in. Not taking anything away from Estill's season but regional championship at a 3 time state champions back yard who is in this game every year is a very tall hurdle to over come before the game is even played.
Estill had a heck of a football team and a great season but tradition wins more games than talent.
Top to bottom Breathitt has no more talent than Estill just more tradition.
Wow! Breathitt came out ready to play. I can't believe Breathitt threw the ball with 3 mins. to play. Course, I shouldn't put nothing past Holcomb. Good luck v/s Belfry...you'll need it.
cheerdad Wrote:In all the posts that have been posted on here, NO ONE from Estill or any other county has said that Estill was or is a dynasty!!! Why is it soooo hard for you to realize that we, the people of Estill County are proud of our players and what has been accomplished in this one season!!!! Yes, Breathitt County has an excellent program and they have had one for several years now, and no one is disclaiming that fact. It just seems like you get on here and try to stir up trouble about trivial stuff that makes no sense what-so-ever. Breathitt won last night, fair and square...that's all there is to it, they were the better team last night...why can't you accept the win and move on, we have accepted our loss and not once has anyone from Estill County mentioned or even incenuated (sp) that we lost due to poor calls....WE LOST on our on merit. I've never heard so much complaining from one person about winning such an important game as last nights game.

I'm just saying that NO teams in the "hills" get credit.Estill was tough this year.We faced you twice and won both.It was important last night but that doesn't take away blatent bad calls.I wish the KHSAA would review alot of the officials that make those calls.Players should be penilized because of incompitant officials.
Breathitt Bobcat Wrote:I'm just saying that NO teams in the "hills" get credit.Estill was tough this year.We faced you twice and won both.It was important last night but that doesn't take away blatent bad calls.I wish the KHSAA would review alot of the officials that make those calls.Players should be penilized because of incompitant officials.

Everyone is human and we all make mistakes...there will NEVER be a game that is called to perfection. In watching the game again today, there were no bad calls made. Every flag that was thrown, was a legitimate flag. I think, if you get the chance to watch the game again, you will see that those calls were the right calls. But anyway....moving on.....GOOD LUCK BREATHITT!!! I've never seen Belfry play, just know that they have a tradition of winning the same as Breathitt.
You can beat inferior opponents running the offense Estill does. You will not beat a GOOD team or win the BIGgame running this style of offense. There is no come back capability from this offense.
P.C.Defense Wrote:This was the team for Estill. Great season but it will be hard to match this Estill team. This was I.M.O. the BEST team Estill has had next to the 95' team that lost to Danville in the playoffs. As far as Dynasty if you had this same team back for 3 more years it would be possible, but it will hard to replace the seniors from this team. Estill fell behind and with their style they had to play catch up and that is not good when your a ball control team. Breathitt got too many big plays for scores.

You obviously have no clue as to this coment. This team would not have got a first down against the team that lost to Danville.
F.N.L. Wrote:You obviously have no clue as to this coment. This team would not have got a first down against the team that lost to Danville.

That 95' Estill team was a heck of a team. They almost beat a very good Danville team who who lost to the best Breathitt team ever the next game on a last minute Chapman T.D.
F.N.L. Wrote:You obviously have no clue as to this coment. This team would not have got a first down against the team that lost to Danville.

I have to agree. That year Estill had the best or second best defense ever to play. The only other two teams Estill had with that good of defense came in 79/80 or possibley 81/82. The team in 95 was much faster and much more physical. Three games lost were to: Rockastle district champion and lost to Boyle, Danville who lost in the semi's, and Breathitt who won the state. Some wins were Corbin, Somerset, Madison Southern (which was undefeated at the time), Wayne Co. IMO the schedule was much tougher which prepared them for every game. Take nothing away from this years team 11-2 is a great record and one that will stand for a while. :Clap:
F.N.L. Wrote:You can beat inferior opponents running the offense Estill does. You will not beat a GOOD team or win the BIGgame running this style of offense. There is no come back capability from this offense.

I must disagree with you this time Ole' Buddy. That offense is tremendous when you put in the whole package: spread, tight slots, trips, passing, option, belly. If you get a chance, watch Beechwood run the double wing, it's pretty impressive. It takes a lot of work, practice, discipline and time to get the whole package in, but that is what it takes to be versitile in that offense.
blitz43 Wrote:Wow! Breathitt came out ready to play. I can't believe Breathitt threw the ball with 3 mins. to play. Course, I shouldn't put nothing past Holcomb. Good luck v/s Belfry...you'll need it.

Why make a comment like that. I am sure against Betsy Layne and Morgan your team was throwing unless a lot has changed. You don't know Holcomb or any past history of Kentucky football. That is their style. Estill did not sub down on Taylor until around 7 minutes to go in the game and they were ahead 51-14 at the half. Should we not put anything past Jones....... I don't believe that to be the case. You seem upset because they are a physical team which teams including yours have a hard time handling. If you are not physical, you are not going to beat physical teams. That leaves no place to bash a coach, especially one you do not know or even met. Breathitt has always been physical and believe it or not, Estill used to match it and even beat them. That is why you beat on each other during practice so it is enjoyable to beat on other teams Fridy nights! Breathitt is in full pads 3 times a week (Monday thru Wednesday) and light on Thursday. They hit and tackle every day. I know around here not many teams do this and you have to agree with that, the truth is the truth.
NIECE Wrote:I must disagree with you this time Ole' Buddy. That offense is tremendous when you put in the whole package: spread, tight slots, trips, passing, option, belly. If you get a chance, watch Beechwood run the double wing, it's pretty impressive. It takes a lot of work, practice, discipline and time to get the whole package in, but that is what it takes to be versitile in that offense.

It's Norman Bates!!!!Cool
NIECE Wrote:I must disagree with you this time Ole' Buddy. That offense is tremendous when you put in the whole package: spread, tight slots, trips, passing, option, belly. If you get a chance, watch Beechwood run the double wing, it's pretty impressive. It takes a lot of work, practice, discipline and time to get the whole package in, but that is what it takes to be versitile in that offense.

meds.........now!:lmao:
NIECE Wrote:Why make a comment like that. I am sure against Betsy Layne and Morgan your team was throwing unless a lot has changed. You don't know Holcomb or any past history of Kentucky football. That is their style. Estill did not sub down on Taylor until around 7 minutes to go in the game and they were ahead 51-14 at the half. Should we not put anything past Jones....... I don't believe that to be the case. You seem upset because they are a physical team which teams including yours have a hard time handling. If you are not physical, you are not going to beat physical teams. That leaves no place to bash a coach, especially one you do not know or even met. Breathitt has always been physical and believe it or not, Estill used to match it and even beat them. That is why you beat on each other during practice so it is enjoyable to beat on other teams Fridy nights! Breathitt is in full pads 3 times a week (Monday thru Wednesday) and light on Thursday. They hit and tackle every day. I know around here not many teams do this and you have to agree with that, the truth is the truth.

DO NOT MESS WITH THE 1 MAN GANG :p :lmao:
P.C.Defense Wrote:DO NOT MESS WITH THE 1 MAN GANG :p :lmao:

Excuse me...I have to interject here on behalf of P.C. Defense.He played at Breathitt for Holcomb so I'd say he does know him.
Estillfootballgirl Wrote:I Wouldn't Call It A "Fluke"...Why Can't You Just say Estill Came Out Ready To Play The First Game And Was The Better Team That Night...Just As Breathitt Was The Better Team Last Night...Breathitt Seems To Have Problems Giving Estill Credit...Which Is Fine...Because The Community Is Proud Of Those Boys And How Hard They've Worked This Year And How Far They've Taken Estill County Football...They Done Things No Estill Team Has Done Before And We Are All Very Proud Of Them And I Don't Think They Have Anything To Be Disappointed About After This Season...Anyway, Congrats To The Bobcats On The Win And Good Job Estill....We Love You =]

I agree, bigger margin than what i thought it'd be though. And is Fugate still a junior? if so we might have major problems with that next year.
Baseballkid10 Wrote:I agree, bigger margin than what i thought it'd be though. And is Fugate still a junior? if so we might have major problems with that next year.

He and Jade are juniors.We have alot of players back next year.
For the record Breathitt Bobcat, after that game winning touchdown call in 2000 at Breathitt against Belfry I don't think the Bobcats have ANY room to talk about officiating.

Breathitt could have had every call went their way last year and still lost by 3-4 TD's, the Boncats had no prayer of stopping Belfry's ground game and Breathitt could not get any running game going.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:For the record Breathitt Bobcat, after that game winning touchdown call in 2000 at Breathitt against Belfry I don't think the Bobcats have ANY room to talk about officiating.

Breathitt could have had every call went their way last year and still lost by 3-4 TD's, the Boncats had no prayer of stopping Belfry's ground game and Breathitt could not get any running game going.

This ain't last year....just for the record.
Breathitt Bobcat Wrote:This ain't last year....just for the record.

Never said it was..you had brought up the officiating.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Never said it was..you had brought up the officiating.

Yep.....Days ago.Didn't bring up Belfry in this Estill thread though.
Breathitt Bobcat Wrote:Excuse me...I have to interject here on behalf of P.C. Defense.He played at Breathitt for Holcomb so I'd say he does know him.

I know him well! Coach Holcomb has established Breathitt county football as one of the best Eastern Kentucky football programs in the state. Breathitt county football is at the level it's at because of Coach Holcomb. 3 state titles, 42 consecutive wins, What Holcomb has done cannot be disputed.
P.C.Defense Wrote:I know him well! Coach Holcomb has established Breathitt county football as one of the best Eastern Kentucky football programs in the state. Breathitt county football is at the level it's at because of Coach Holcomb. 3 state titles, 42 consecutive wins, What Holcomb has done cannot be disputed.
42 consecutive wins? Come on man! They lost 2 games at the start of the season. Oh wait. I think your talking bout during their title runs aren't you? My bad. I realized that as I was typing. Breathitt, Belfry...that is where most programs in the state, want to get to. They are the cream of the crop.:rockon:
I don't figure you'll be going Friday to Belfry with "Deliverance" being on tv that night(lol)
We all know what a HUGE Ned Beatty fan you areBlitz43
P.C.Defense Wrote:I don't figure you'll be going Friday to Belfry with "Deliverance" being on tv that night(lol)
Your a nut!Smile
Only way that I'm going to this game is if we go to WV to visit the "Next of kin". I might stop by then. Too far to watch a game. I'll just catch them at Louisville.
blitz43 Wrote:Your a nut!Smile
Only way that I'm going to this game is if we go to WV to visit the "Next of kin". I might stop by then. Too far to watch a game. I'll just catch them at Louisville.

It's never too far to go to watch the BOBCATS.