•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 42 - Russell 0
mrfootball03 Wrote:I don't know. The 04' team was pretty good. We'll make that decision after the week of Dec 12.
No offense but I think Ivan would know better than all of us would.
DevilsWin Wrote:Coach McGlone said this was probably the best Belfry team he has ever coached against.

Congrats to Belfry.

Thank you very much from the pirate fans and to Coach McGlone..... his comment is VERY classy!!! Coach Haywood prepares the team and the boys are very aware of what is expected of them!

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:That is not the same team that played Raceland The Russell team that played Raceland would have given Belfrey everything they wanted and more. This was the Russell team that played horribly against mason and Simon Kenton. I certainly did not expect Russell to get shut out though. Belfrey is definitely for real. I hope they win it all.

I respectfully disagree with you.... if Russell couldn't get up for this game when everyone was writing them off against the favorite to win 3A then I would be shocked.
mrfootball03 Wrote:you mean district 7?
My bad.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:That is not the same team that played Raceland The Russell team that played Raceland would have given Belfrey everything they wanted and more. This was the Russell team that played horribly against mason and Simon Kenton. I certainly did not expect Russell to get shut out though. Belfrey is definitely for real. I hope they win it all.
Here we go!!Rolleyes It looked to me like they were wearing Russell uniforms.
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:Knowledgeable fans are not stunned.....

Belfry fans knew the Pirates were flat last week......and that maximum effort would be afforded this week. Haywood is a master at having teams prepared to play big games......and tonight was no exception. Belfry has the utmost respect for Russell.....but, this year....Russell was not typical "Russell".

Let's stay focused and play smart football next week against Sheldon Clark.

Hopefully, this dominating performance tonight will stop all of the silly "Raceland is a monster" talk.

I would love to see a Belfrey RAceland Matchup. Don't down the Rams because of beating Russell so bad. If the same Russell team that Raceland beat Shows up at Belfrey I guarantee Belfrey is in the fight of thier lives.

This is the team, that Belfry completely dismantled. You can say what you want. Belfry is simply the better team. 06, Russell was the better team. 08, Belfry is.
There is not a chance of Belfry playing Raceland in the playoffs.... WHY???? Let's all with intelligence answer that question..... Raceland is class?????..................

This is about the Belfry/Russell game... Raceland wasn't on the field I do not think? Please discuss this like adults....

Crossbones Wrote:Here we go!!Rolleyes It looked to me like they were wearing Russell uniforms.

You sound like somebody who hasn't seen Russell play at all this year. THey are a tale of two teams. They have loads of talent, but not the typical Russell swagger. I watched them Play Mason Co. the week before they played Raceland. They got down by a touchdown and immeadiately went into I give up mode. They did the same against Ashland and Simon Kenton. I would have guessed that Raceland would beat them by 4 or 5 td's. They came out in the Raceland game and were a totally different team. I'm not slighting Belfrey in the least. THey are a great team no doubt about it, but they didn't get the Russell team that should have showed up at Belfrey. With that being said Belfrey did the job and they march on. I hope the win it all.
DevilsWin Wrote:Coach McGlone said this was probably the best Belfry team he has ever coached against.

Congrats to Belfry.

That's questionable....
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:I would love to see a Belfrey RAceland Matchup. Don't down the Rams because of beating Russell so bad. If the same Russell team that Raceland beat Shows up at Belfrey I guarantee Belfrey is in the fight of thier lives.

Still playing that "iffin" game......
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:That's questionable....

Very
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:You sound like somebody who hasn't seen Russell play at all this year. THey are a tale of two teams. They have loads of talent, but not the typical Russell swagger. I watched them Play Mason Co. the week before they played Raceland. They got down by a touchdown and immeadiately went into I give up mode. They did the same against Ashland and Simon Kenton. I would have guessed that Raceland would beat them by 4 or 5 td's. They came out in the Raceland game and were a totally different team. I'm not slighting Belfrey in the least. THey are a great team no doubt about it, but they didn't get the Russell team that should have showed up at Belfrey. With that being said Belfrey did the job and they march on. I hope the win it all.

Hey man, maybe thats what happened.. Maybe the real Russell team went to Belfrey, but we were talking about the game at Belfry.
KYHeavyLifter Wrote:I think I was insulted somewhere in that post. Smile I actually meant that the score was stunning...not the outcome. I think most fans expected the game to be at least a serious challenge.

I wasn't insulting you....so please don't take it that way.

My point was....so much was made of the Belfry/West Carter game......that a few fans felt like Belfry is "overrated"......despite holding serve against JC...on the road......and not acknowledging the "flat factor" in the 1st half of the WC game.
B-E-L-F-R-Y

If you want us to believe you have any tangible idea on High School Football please try getting this right first.
oh yeah.. West Carter put up 28 on the Pirates, and of course, Russell didn't put up any. Does that mean West Carter is the better tha Russell? Big Grin

lol.. shows the difference in an inspired Belfry football team, and an uninspired Belfry football team

Congrats to Belfry.

Thats quite a compliment!
Leonidas Wrote:Very
How many games have you won as a head coach again?

100?
200?
300?

1 maybe?

Ivan knows who he's coached against better than you and if the man said its the best Belfry team he's coached against that's it, end of discussion.

This is a Great Belfry Team, and they have enough speed, experience and power to cruise past SC and Breathitt Co then get some revenge against Central in Louisville.

Good luck!
EKUAlum05 Wrote:B-E-L-F-R-Y

If you want us to believe you have any tangible idea on High School Football please try getting this right first.

Thank you!!
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Russell will be back! Now we just add fuel to the rivalry as we know the enxt time these two teams meet Russell will now be the team out for blood. Great, great program! Just this year Belfry was better.

Completely agree with this. Russell is pure class and a tremendous program. Belfry was just better this year....just like Russell was simply better in 2006.

We look forward to many more Russell/Belfry matchups....
phs1986 Wrote:Thank you very much from the pirate fans and to Coach McGlone..... his comment is VERY classy!!! Coach Haywood prepares the team and the boys are very aware of what is expected of them!
Very well put.

And this West Carter stuff, when will people realize....not being mean here towards West Carter at all, but Belfry WAS over looking them. Its common knowledge that they were already practicing for Russell. People who know football and know these teams records should know that. Rolleyes
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:Completely agree with this. Russell is pure class and a tremendous program. Belfry was just better this year....just like Russell was simply better in 2006.

Nice post and yes we do Big Grin
mrfootball03 Wrote:oh yeah.. West Carter put up 28 on the Pirates, and of course, Russell didn't put up any. Does that mean West Carter is the better tha Russell? Big Grin

lol.. shows the difference in an inspired Belfry football team, and an uninspired Belfry football team

Very true...Thank YOU!
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:Completely agree with this. Russell is pure class and a tremendous program. Belfry was just better this year....just like Russell was simply better in 2006.

Don't count on it. The Russell program is gonna be down for the next 3-4 years.
DevilsWin Wrote:How many games have you won as a head coach again?

100?
200?
300?

1 maybe?

Ivan knows who he's coached against better than you and if the man said its the best Belfry team he's coached against that's it, end of discussion.

This is a Great Belfry Team, and they have enough speed, experience and power to cruise past SC and Breathitt Co then get some revenge against Central in Louisville.

Good luck!

Yeah, but he didn't have the weapons this year he usually has either.. I'm just saying, we'll have to wait and see where this team ends up to determine how good they are. The 03 and 04 teams has rings that show just how good they are. They know how to finish a season, lets hope this team does as well. Lets not look ahead. Right now, Belfry has to beat a team for the 2nd time this season. That will be quite a challenge in its own right.
mrfootball03 Wrote:Yeah, but he didn't have the weapons this year he usually has either.. I'm just saying, we'll have to wait and see where this team ends up to determine how good they are. The 03 and 04 teams has rings that show just how good they are. They know how to finish a season, lets hope this team does as well. Lets not look ahead. Right now, Belfry has to beat a team for the 2nd time this season. That will be quite a challenge in its own right.

We won't address this topic until after the season unlike last season when they were dubbed the best Belfry team ever before the playoffs started.
DevilsWin Wrote:How many games have you won as a head coach again?

100?
200?
300?

1 maybe?

It's a nice compliment......but I suspect there's also some gamesmanship in that statement. He knows his kids are hurting after this loss....and by paying this type of compliment to Belfry....he's also complimenting his team....despite the game's outcome.

Obviously.....McGlone's a class act.......
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:It's a nice compliment......but I suspect there's also some gamesmanship in that statement. He knows his kids are hurting after this loss....and by paying this type of compliment to Belfry....he's also complimenting his team....despite the game's outcome.

Obviously.....McGlone's a class act.......

Nice post and I agree!

Congrats Pirates!! Not the least bit surprised by this one!
Belfry 503 total yards Russell 93. The Pond Creek Nation deserves the MVP. Braving the elements for one thing and definately rocking the CAM. Pop the throat drops and be ready for next week. By the way the potato soup was awesome. The real reason why I didn't tailgate tonight because I am going to Pigeon Forge in about three hours. I will be ready next Saturday

By the way Corey charles had three picks. We got to find out the last Pirate to accomplish that feat
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next