Poll: Powell Co @ Taylor C0 3-A Playoff
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Taylor Co
44.90%
Powell Co
55.10%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Powell Co. @ Taylor Co. (3A 1st Round)
if my son punky was still playing then we would win this game by a landslide but since he is not then we will probably win by only 2 or 3 tds
The College One Wrote:that would be a good game. cross town rival there. and its only 30 min away from powell too lol Smile

IF YOU SAY SO!!! LOL!!!!Big Grin
The next time Powell and Estill will playing will be in 2009!
generaljc Wrote:IF YOU SAY SO!!! LOL!!!!Big Grin

so your that new houdini guy ere one has been talking about? just because powell BEAT you all dont mean you have to be against them so why dont you get off their backs. estill would drop 80 on you all and 50 by thier jv.
generaljc Wrote:IF YOU SAY SO!!! LOL!!!!Big Grin
So are you saying that Estill will make a brief playoff appearence..lol
stella69 Wrote:if my son punky was still playing then we would win this game by a landslide but since he is not then we will probably win by only 2 or 3 tds
One of the best posts ever.......lol:ChairHit:
Twitter: @tc_analytics

We beat Jackson. They're sitting at home now so they figured they would dog on other teams but were just laughing because when you go home after school i'll be at practice.
Powell
Taylor Co.
history in da makin1 Wrote:we beat jackson there sittin at hme now so they figured they would dog on other teams but were just laughin because when u go hme after school ill be at prac

Nice Spelling I am impressed! Yea Jackson County is sitting at home and no one is denying that. We have a 6 team district and only the top 4 go on and we play in a very tough district. The point is not that Jackson County is at home nobody is denying that. The point is that folks you need to be completely realistic and understand that this team you are getting ready to face could score 100 points against you if they wanted to. They won't, but they could if they wanted to. All I am trying to tell you is not to get your hopes up!
I remember playing Jackson Co. it was a good game those boys have heart even when where up they kept fighting when they where down by 40. Also how did powell only beat Jackson 27-14??
courtdog Wrote:I would love to see a 2nd game Estill Co Powell Co.

haha. i agree
TC Card Wrote:I remember playing Jackson Co. it was a good game those boys have heart even when where up they kept fighting when they where down by 40. Also how did powell only beat Jackson 27-14??
I realize that you have watched film on Powell, but analyzing the stats can give you a good idea of play-calling and patterns......Here is a link to Powell's season stats.....http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/kh...ts_27785_0

stella69 Wrote:if my son punky was still playing then we would win this game by a landslide but since he is not then we will probably win by only 2 or 3 tds

Is that your D.A.R.E. mugshot?LOL.
Taylor Puts up 70 and holds Powell to 14 to 21 points.
generaljc Wrote:Nice Spelling I am impressed! Yea Jackson County is sitting at home and no one is denying that. We have a 6 team district and only the top 4 go on and we play in a very tough district. The point is not that Jackson County is at home nobody is denying that. The point is that folks you need to be completely realistic and understand that this team you are getting ready to face could score 100 points against you if they wanted to. They won't, but they could if they wanted to. All I am trying to tell you is not to get your hopes up!

Breathitt, Estill and Harlan Central are all a level above district play then you have seen the likes of. They are all PHYSICAL!
it is playoff time and on any given friday night anything can happen. take all the season games and set them aside. it is a whole new game and new teams when it comes to the playoffs for everyone. it is like the ncaa tournament or the sweet sixteen. powell county plays hard and with determination. this can take them far.

go pirates.
generaljc Wrote:Nice Spelling I am impressed! Yea Jackson County is sitting at home and no one is denying that. We have a 6 team district and only the top 4 go on and we play in a very tough district. The point is not that Jackson County is at home nobody is denying that. The point is that folks you need to be completely realistic and understand that this team you are getting ready to face could score 100 points against you if they wanted to. They won't, but they could if they wanted to. All I am trying to tell you is not to get your hopes up!

they give up 36 a game on average...there not that great they have 2 players and the rest is average...we are way better than we played agaisnt u i promise u that...im not sayin we will win or lose but we will give it our all and and prolly get the W
F.N.L. Wrote:Breathitt, Estill and Harlan Central are all a level above district play then you have seen the likes of. They are all PHYSICAL!

well said...one of the hardest districts
TC Card Wrote:I remember playing Jackson Co. it was a good game those boys have heart even when where up they kept fighting when they where down by 40. Also how did powell only beat Jackson 27-14??

first and worst game
Powell Co plays in a much harder district the Jackson Co. But besides that I think Powell has the advantage of much harder district competition to get them ready for this game. Their pass D is very good and thats mostly what Taylor Co does. I think who ever can stop the others teams offense will win this game and I think Powell has played the better teams to get them ready for that. This one should be a exciting one.
Very well said bobcatfan22
bobcatfan22 Wrote:Powell Co plays in a much harder district the Jackson Co. But besides that I think Powell has the advantage of much harder district competition to get them ready for this game. Their pass D is very good and thats mostly what Taylor Co does. I think who ever can stop the others teams offense will win this game and I think Powell has played the better teams to get them ready for that. This one should be a exciting one.

It looked like they would throw alot of screens and hitch passes. Then they would throw the vertical every once in a while.
bobcatfan22 Wrote:Powell Co plays in a much harder district the Jackson Co. But besides that I think Powell has the advantage of much harder district competition to get them ready for this game. Their pass D is very good and thats mostly what Taylor Co does. I think who ever can stop the others teams offense will win this game and I think Powell has played the better teams to get them ready for that. This one should be a exciting one.
Take a look @ the season stats for TC.............http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/kh...ts_27813_0

TC mixes it up pretty well and if you can get them to pass the ball more you will have a better chance of winning. They have a descent QB but he makes a lot of mistakes under pressure and does not have a strong arm....Leonard Macon gets all the jump balls and helps the stats look better than they would if he was not playing. Their best lineman is out for the season and that could hurt, but he was out last week and they did alright.

Protect_This_House26 Wrote:It looked like they would throw alot of screens and hitch passes. Then they would throw the vertical every once in a while.
You are correct..........

Powell & Taylor look alot alike. Both have a WR or 2 that are in the top 10 3A Stats, QB's have about the same stats, Taylor's RB is in the top 15 & Powell's RB is just outside the top 15. Powells overall "D" looks to be a bit better. Judging by the rush & pass yds., The line should be about the same also. Should be a great game. I think the Pirates will come out on top.
I have to go with Taylor Co. in this one. Good luck to both teams.
blitz43 Wrote:Powell & Taylor look alot alike. Both have a WR or 2 that are in the top 10 3A Stats, QB's have about the same stats, Taylor's RB is in the top 15 & Powell's RB is just outside the top 15. Powells overall "D" looks to be a bit better. Judging by the rush & pass yds., The line should be about the same also. Should be a great game. I think the Pirates will come out on top.
TC's Thomas has missed 3 games and still has descent numbers.....Macon is the real deal and it makes me wonder why he was not able to play for Danville where he came from. He "transferred" to TC at the beginning of his Junior year and is obviously the most talented kid on the field.....why would a team like Danville, who thinks very highly of its football program, not allow Macon to play for them when he is an "elite" athlete? I dunno, just does not make sense to me......

he is like 6'6 isn't he?
The College One Wrote:he is like 6'6 isn't he?
Yea, he is an athlete....He does not like to be hit though.....Fumbles a lot when hit hard.....He has great potential but is lazy @ times, especially when he is not the primary ball handler.....Great in the secondery...Do not throw his way if you do not want a "pick-six." TC uses him @ RB some and if you let him get a head of steam, he is almost impossible to take down. I do not know which tape the team has but the Monroe, Campbellsville and Green County games are good games to look at as far as how to play defense against TC. Macon scores a good portion of TC's points...He returns punts and kick-off, plays safety, WR and RB. When TC is forced to punt watch for the fake....They fake it a lot!

sounds like a good all around player. a "utility" type player. so he is like a channing fugate of breathitt then or something like that.