• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best HS Gym In The State Of KY
Marshall County
Scott County
Montgomery County
Mason County
Knott County Central
Knox County Central
Belfry's gym has fiberglass covering the roof windows so when the crowd gets loud it bounces off to make even more of a raquet.
If...Then Wrote:Letcher County Central
Knott Country Central
Belfry
Pike Central
East Ridge
Lexington Catholic
Owensboro

I hate to say it, but LCC's isnt that great. i hate the bleachers cause when kcc's pep club goes, we stand and they kill your feet. they're weird. its also small. but i do like how they have it where you can walk all around.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:Good facility, but they have a huge problem getting 5000 people back on the road. There's only one exit route from their gym. Everything bottlenecks at the one outlet. We waited over an hour in traffic to get back on the highway at a region tourney once. That's why I can't rank Knott's gym very high. They need to do something about that.
Perry Central has a much better venue. And so does Powell County, as far as traffic is concerned. It seats a lot, but that's about it.
We are rating gyms, not parking. I agree with the exiting after game.
ladypatriot55 Wrote:I hate to say it, but LCC's isnt that great. i hate the bleachers cause when kcc's pep club goes, we stand and they kill your feet. they're weird. its also small. but i do like how they have it where you can walk all around.

I agree, I like LCC's Gym.. but the seats are aching, plus during a day game the light comes right threw the windows and the players have a hard time seeing anything.
I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok -Shaquille O'Neal
It has to be Mason Co. or Montgomery Co.
The same company designed the gyms for both Belfry and East Ridge. You can definitely tell it. Personally, I would like them to be a little more unique. Belfry's is nicer and has a little more money sunk into it.

i would say letcher county central or montgomerys gyms.
Harlan County has the biggest gym (size) in the state.
HC BLACK BEARS Wrote:Harlan County has the biggest gym (size) in the state.

Nicest? maybe.
Biggest? not a chance
rojas Wrote:Nicest? maybe.
Biggest? not a chance

I'm not talking about seat capacity as far as the biggest (it seats about 3600 --- chair back seats all the way around the floor..........you could get 5000 in it easy, if say you had the regional tournament) ----- I'm talking size wise - you will just have to come see it. It's something else! :Thumbs:
UKisN1 Wrote:We are rating gyms, not parking. I agree with the exiting after game.
I understand, but I don't see how you can rate the venue without discussing the entire facility and it's infrastructure, and that includes parking and exit routes following a game imo.

However, as far as high school gyms are concerned, Knott County Central has one of the best in the entire state.
i think franklin simpsons gym is pretty nice, theirs alot of room.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Post some pics.

[Image: http://www.harlan.k12.ky.us/image/newschool/gym.jpg]

this is the picture listed on the schools site. Someone had pictures up on their myspace, but I'm having trouble finding them. So this at least gives you a little glimpse of it!
sc06cheer Wrote:[Image: http://www.harlan.k12.ky.us/image/newschool/gym.jpg]

this is the picture listed on the schools site. Someone had pictures up on their myspace, but I'm having trouble finding them. So this at least gives you a little glimpse of it!

That gym looks amazing! Not to crazy abot the floor, but everything else looks awesome.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:That gym looks amazing! Not to crazy abot the floor, but everything else looks awesome.

It is pretty amazing. The floor is a little different, there's logos and stuff like that, but it just wasn't on this one, this was just the "plan" of it. But IMO it is definitely one of the best, if not THE best gym in KY. If I'm not mistaken this is where the 13th region will be held...
[Image: http://www.harlan.k12.ky.us/image/newschool/gym.jpg]

Very, very, impressive

Who's is that again? I think it will be a knockout with black floor paint and well chosen murals
If...Then Wrote:Very, very, impressive

Who's is that again? I think it will be a knockout with black floor paint and well chosen murals

Harlan County Black Bears.
If...Then Wrote:[Image: http://www.harlan.k12.ky.us/image/newschool/gym.jpg]

Very, very, impressive

This is Harlan County High School's gymnasium. I can't find the pictures that were on myspace before but I know it had Black Bears on it and I want to say there was some black in with it. But I could be wrong.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Harlan County Black Bears.

Please tell me their good. I'd be ashamed to have such a great looking facility and go negative on the season
If...Then Wrote:Please tell me their good. I'd be ashamed to have such a great looking facility and go negative on the season

I think they will be fine this year, they'll be under coaching of Mike Jones, who is one heck of a coach, it will take some years of getting the program built up, but there is a lot of decent athletes on this team and it should be a good 1st year for them.
[Image: http://dwwilburn.com/UserFiles/Image/Pro...0025-1.jpg]

There used to be a pic up on the county schools website. This was the link...but they've taken it down it appears (it was a direct shot of the center of the court from above).

http://www.harlan.k12.ky.us/HCHS/images/HCHS_gym.jpg
^Now that looks much better.
KCC has the best gym, imo. I wish they would fix a road tho on the other end of the parking lot, back toward Hindman. It would help traffic some. But its still the best gym in east ky.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:^Now that looks much better.

More than agreed. I'd love to watch a game there
Lot of Eastern KY bias on here. You really should see Bowling Green High's gym. Very nice, better than the average college gym. Only problem is that the building is always cold because they have little to no fans in attendance!
Lex Cath new gym isnt bad either. but no kcc
i say LCC has the best gym:yikes: Cool
sassy Wrote:KCC has the best gym, imo. I wish they would fix a road tho on the other end of the parking lot, back toward Hindman. It would help traffic some. But its still the best gym in east ky.

I've been told that they were supposed to take the side of the mountain out next to the car wash and put another way in and out of kcc. but it hasn't happened yet.......
ladypatriot55 Wrote:I've been told that they were supposed to take the side of the mountain out next to the car wash and put another way in and out of kcc. but it hasn't happened yet.......

I wish they would because I think it would help. Alot!!
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next