Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sheldon Clark's Turf Installed
today they inlaid the MARTIN COUNTY in one end zone, and CARDINALS.....
Glad SCHS is getting this field. Was a rough field to play on before.
it's "monofilament", not monofield.
Only other school around here that I know of that has it is Concord U. over near Beckley. This is their 3rd season using it.
VHSL-helper Wrote:it's "monofilament", not monofield.
Only other school around here that I know of that has it is Concord U. over near Beckley. This is their 3rd season using it.

TigerTurf's soft, non-abrasive fibres, designed to replicate grass in colour, feel and performance, allow the football to "sit" in the surface, controlling ball roll, allowing sliding tackles and freedom of movement for the player to perform a full selection of skills. Lower down in the fibres sits a layer of recycled rubber, which adds resilience to control ball bounce and absorbs impact.

Of course the drawbacks of natural turf are eliminated. Cancelled matches due to waterlogged pitches are a thing of the past, no heavy maintenance is required to restore worn surfaces and daily maintenance is reduced dramatically. The result - a perfect pitch 24-7.
Today I was driving past the field and I seen the workers passing a football lol

I see the players and fans aren't the only ones getting enjoyment out of the field.
http://web.me.com/mstepp

WEBCAM WITH THIRTY SECOND DELAY SO REFRESH THE PAGE OFTEN!
I am sure that Sheldon Clark can't wait to play on their field. Soon I hope.
aerial view of our new field..
^^That's a very, very nice field you got there. You all deserve it! Good Luck this season.
Now only if they get a new school lol
Awesome field. These kids really deserve something nice and it is about time that they get it. Can't wait until the game Saturday. Good luck Cards.
I think I'll go to the game just to check out that nice field. Its hard to believe this is the new Sheldon Clark field as we all have played on that old 1 =/.
Admin of Kentuckynerd.com
Please come listen to the podcast and read some articles.
that feild is the best looking thing in martin county,lol
Of all the turf fields in Eastern Kentucky, this one I believe is the nicest.
Great picks qbdad. Unfortunately I wont be able to make the game Saturday, but I will find a way to drive by the field and see the whipping we will be laying on the Hornets.
TheyKnowMe Wrote:Now only if they get a new school lol

Ya I heard the high school was in REALLY bad shape. I thought that there was talk last year of getting a new high school or actually switching schools around for the high school. What happened to that?
Awesome looking field. Why though didn't they square it up a little more?
blitz43 Wrote:Awesome looking field. Why though didn't they square it up a little more?

Football fields are rectangular. Smile
Because the youth league football team girls and boys soccer team are using it.
blitz43 Wrote:Awesome looking field. Why though didn't they square it up a little more?

It's lined up with the bleachers.
awesome turf GO CARDS!!!!
Buc-a-roo Wrote:Football fields are rectangular. Smile
That was too funny...LOLSmile
Kygirl Wrote:Ya I heard the high school was in REALLY bad shape. I thought that there was talk last year of getting a new high school or actually switching schools around for the high school. What happened to that?

I think they are when they finish the "highway to nowhere" lol

It is suppose to be off the new highway
This is a nice field!
yea it will be a liltle bit untill they get a new high school the new high that they have been building on for 5 or more years has do be finsh before they will start
Nice looking field. Love to see these fields make it up US23 to Paul Blazer, Russell, Boyd Co, Raceland,Greenup Co.
Sweet shot from the chopper,nice beak on the 50. Now you guys gotta defend its honor with all you got.
Anyone know anything about the lights? Like when they will put them up?
Matman Wrote:Anyone know anything about the lights? Like when they will put them up?
Not for another 2 weeks.