Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 33 PRestonsburg 7
Cap_PDT_0: ....did TBIRD and Phs just agree on something.....are youall starting to like each other :mrgreen:
This is the worst i have seen p-burg look in along time. It seems like noone on the offense seems to want to step up and take the role like players have in the past. I see p-burg losing again next week to paintsville and starting 0-3. After watching Them get beat both both hazard and Pikevill i would have to say i am going to go with Paintsville by 2 TD's
Prestonsburg had 54 yards rushing, 67 yards passing....GREAT performace by the Pikeville Defense.
I really don't think it was as much Pikeville's defense as it was Prestonsburg's terrible offense/play calling. Coach DeRossett still has a lot to learn imo. They say he is a great coach who keeps a winning program, but the way I see it and have always seen it is that he was blessed with talent from the past and that made him look good. Look at records before 2000. Nothing worth bragging about, and now that his good crop of players have graduated they will not accomplish anything again. Prestonsburg's players look like middle school kids. They are not big enough to tackle, not strong enough to break tackles, and some how not fast enought to guard the pass.
I thought that Pburg was A LOT bigger than Pikeville.
blackcatfan4life Wrote:I really don't think it was as much Pikeville's defense as it was Prestonsburg's terrible offense/play calling. Coach DeRossett still has a lot to learn imo. They say he is a great coach who keeps a winning program, but the way I see it and have always seen it is that he was blessed with talent from the past and that made him look good. Look at records before 2000. Nothing worth bragging about, and now that his good crop of players have graduated they will not accomplish anything again. Prestonsburg's players look like middle school kids. They are not big enough to tackle, not strong enough to break tackles, and some how not fast enought to guard the pass.

Don't get down on them too much BCF4L....I expect the Blackcats to get it together. My prestonsburg friends tell me that Pburg always starts out slow and gets better as the year goes on. Pburg ended up having a good season last year after Pikeville beat them, and they would have beat Pikeville bad at the end of the season. I stilll think we will se a region championship of Belfry vs. Prestonsburg, but the Blackcats do need to get going.
When did the Honaker twins attend Phelps? I recall them playing ball at Betsy Layne Elementary/Middle School in 7th and 8th grade. Infact, I've been told they actually played in a BLHS varisty football game while still in middle school.
WOW Wrote:When did the Honaker twins attend Phelps? I recall them playing ball at Betsy Layne Elementary/Middle School in 7th and 8th grade. Infact, I've been told they actually played in a BLHS varisty football game while still in middle school.

They never did attend Phelps they went to Betsy Layne....they have alot of famly that lives in Pikeville.
I agree BCF4l, seems like P-burg has become soft. Normally teams dreaded playing Prestonsburg because every play someone was getting there butt knocked in the dirt, I just don't see that this year.
WOW Wrote:When did the Honaker twins attend Phelps? I recall them playing ball at Betsy Layne Elementary/Middle School in 7th and 8th grade. Infact, I've been told they actually played in a BLHS varisty football game while still in middle school.
I didn't think that you were allowed to play high school contact sports while still in middle school?
PHSFAN Wrote:
Beef Wrote:Where did he show disrespect? by saying that Paintsville will get beat by 14+ next week and won't win on Howard Field? I think those were just his honest predictions.

And I don't think that Pikeville recruits :roll:

Thanks Beef...nothing personal on my end toward Paintsville and no need for anyone to get personal but I do and will continue to give my PERSONAL OPINIONS.

And i will to, buddy 8)
Superman Wrote:
PHSFAN Wrote:
Beef Wrote:Where did he show disrespect? by saying that Paintsville will get beat by 14+ next week and won't win on Howard Field? I think those were just his honest predictions.

And I don't think that Pikeville recruits :roll:

Thanks Beef...nothing personal on my end toward Paintsville and no need for anyone to get personal but I do and will continue to give my PERSONAL OPINIONS.

And i will to, buddy 8)

Nothing wrong with that but if MY OPINION is Pburg plus +14 dont say I am disrespecting Paintsville....you dont know me so don't act like you do. You can predict against Pikeville ever week and I will not point you out and say you have no respect for Pikeville. 8)
According to MY interp. of KHSAA guidelines, you cannot play a varsity contact sport (soccer,football) until 9th grade. Wrestling falls in there also, but it says something about 7th grade. Didn't read that part real close. Football and Soccer cannot be played until 9th grade. JV or Freshmen teams can have middle school kids, IF THEY ARE PRACTICING AND PLAYING WITH STUDENTS IN 10TH GRADE OR UNDER. NO JUNIORS OR SENIORS. Of course like I've said before- you need a law degree to read those by-laws.

If anyone has a different interp. , let us hear it.
What are you talking about Pburg doesnt have THAT Go to player..........Peters, and Hamilton are extremely talented......who on earth does belfry have this year.......Face it, no threepeat......lucky if the bucs win district
liveMAROON Wrote:What are you talking about Pburg doesnt have THAT Go to player..........Peters, and Hamilton are extremely talented......who on earth does belfry have this year.......Face it, no threepeat......lucky if the bucs win district

Well with P-burg playin like they are, i'd bet money that Belfry wins dist. and probly Region....but yea P-burg has go 2 players so dont say they dont
WOW Wrote:According to MY interp. of KHSAA guidelines, you cannot play a varsity contact sport (soccer,football) until 9th grade. Wrestling falls in there also, but it says something about 7th grade. Didn't read that part real close. Football and Soccer cannot be played until 9th grade. JV or Freshmen teams can have middle school kids, IF THEY ARE PRACTICING AND PLAYING WITH STUDENTS IN 10TH GRADE OR UNDER. NO JUNIORS OR SENIORS. Of course like I've said before- you need a law degree to read those by-laws.

according to khsaa records, tim couch played at leat a few snaps for leslie co. as an eighth grader, it says the national records dont recognize three completions he had when he was in the eighth grade i may be readin it wrong but you can go to khsaa's site and check it out
MR.INCREDIBLE Wrote:
WOW Wrote:According to MY interp. of KHSAA guidelines, you cannot play a varsity contact sport (soccer,football) until 9th grade. Wrestling falls in there also, but it says something about 7th grade. Didn't read that part real close. Football and Soccer cannot be played until 9th grade. JV or Freshmen teams can have middle school kids, IF THEY ARE PRACTICING AND PLAYING WITH STUDENTS IN 10TH GRADE OR UNDER. NO JUNIORS OR SENIORS. Of course like I've said before- you need a law degree to read those by-laws.

according to khsaa records, tim couch played at leat a few snaps for leslie co. as an eighth grader, it says the national records dont recognize three completions he had when he was in the eighth grade i may be readin it wrong but you can go to khsaa's site and check it out

Right you are!!

It does say National Record does not recognize .......8th grade year.

But the Bylaw on enrollment, bylaw 4 section d also says you can't play football or soccer under grade 9 on the varisty level. Wrestling is below grade 7. Maybe the rule changed after Couch completed his career at Leslie County.

Either way, I still stand by my statement- You need a law degree to interpret the KHSAA bylaws.
WOW Wrote:
MR.INCREDIBLE Wrote:

Right you are!!

It does say National Record does not recognize .......8th grade year.

But the Bylaw on enrollment, bylaw 4 section d also says you can't play football or soccer under grade 9 on the varisty level. Wrestling is below grade 7. Maybe the rule changed after Couch completed his career at Leslie County.

Either way, I still stand by my statement- You need a law degree to interpret the KHSAA bylaws.
wasnt saying you were wrong or anything, like you say its very confusing
WOW Wrote:
MR.INCREDIBLE Wrote:

Smile Smile 8) 8)
I was so disappointed and still am at Prestonsburg....Our O-line and D-line WONT block at all.....Shaffer was the only one who knew what he was doing seemed like, he was doing everything while being probably 75% healthy....He called me after the game and I told him he was like another person in the 2nd half b.c. the first half he couldnt run down the QB b/c he was hobbling so much. In the 2nd half he was running all over the place and running over people. Dave is vert talented too bad he only has about 2 or maybe 3 kids to back him up......Congrats to pikeville, I dread next week and the week after that too :x .......Idk who is better Pikeville or Hazard really.....IMO it will be an AWSOME game I would like to see it. Olinger is one heck of a player and he can put the ball anywhere on the field even on the run.....
John Derossett was making bad calls the hole game last week we ran the power I against Hazard and this week we run the Shotgun whats next week ? But im not saying that is why we lost but but its 50% of the reason why. The other 50% was the Oline they didnt do nothing the hole game. They should just put the JV line in the look like a better line than the varsitys. + the defence was on the field the hole game and was really unhappy with there play.

Congats Pikeville! looks like a road to Lousiville for u guys !
blackcat_student Wrote:John Derossett was making bad calls the hole game last week we ran the power I against Hazard and this week we run the Shotgun whats next week ? But im not saying that is why we lost but but its 50% of the reason why. The other 50% was the Oline they didnt do nothing the hole game. They should just put the JV line in the look like a better line than the varsitys. + the defence was on the field the hole game and was really unhappy with there play.

Congats Pikeville! looks like a road to Lousiville for u guys !

Thats what were shootin for! 8)
blackcat_student Wrote:Congats Pikeville! looks like a road to Lousiville for u guys !

I wish you were right but I don't think Pikeville will improve enough to beat the winner of NCC/Beechwood. Pikeville has a tough road to get to win the Region title this year....Region 4 Class A has some real good teams this year.
PHSFAN Wrote:
blackcat_student Wrote:Congats Pikeville! looks like a road to Lousiville for u guys !

I wish you were right but I don't think Pikeville will improve enough to beat the winner of NCC/Beechwood. Pikeville has a tough road to get to win the Region title this year....Region 4 Class A has some real good teams this year.

Well right now i dont think we'd beat NCC or BHS, but i think by the time week 4 of play offs rolls around, we'll be ready! ya never know what might happen
PHSFAN Wrote:

There is a lot of work to do for Pikeville if they want to adavance this far, single A has some of the top teams in the state.
WoW is the first word that came to my mind when I saw the score....Congrats to the Panthers on the W.

What's wrong in "The Burg" this season ? By the way the P'Burg fans talked in preseason, this was going to be the year of the Cats, but so far appears to have been a little overhyped. I think that this is a rebuilding year for Mountain Class AA teams across the board.....Just look - Breathitt is 0-3, Belfry 1-1, Pburg 0-2, Fleming 1-1, Corbin 0-3....it just goes on and on.
It is interesting to hear all of this talk about how bad Prestonsburg is playing and then how Belfy has nobody. So Im wondering is 2A even as strong as 1A?

Pikeville's Defense was impressive. Good penetration, good in coverage, good TEAM effort.
Congrats Pikeville.
What happened Burg?!?
Just read the thread tribe Smile
True true.
Not really asking the question though, more like in my mind...