Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th Region 08-09
After watching Shelby Valley Lady Cats this summer, I felt they would be the fifth or sixth best team in the region with a good possibility of winning the region if everything fell into place and barring injuries. Now, with Swindall, SV is a top two or three team (assuming they play well together and I see no reason that they wouldn't and no injuries). Brooke and Brittany will be one heck of a duo inside.
Based on what I saw at the end of last year, summer ball, transfers and what I can remember about returning players, here is my 15th Region pre-season top 10:

1. Johnson Central - As far as I know, they only lost one player and I'm not sure how much she played.

2. Shelby Valley - Well coached, aggressive Defense and the addition of Swindall.

3. Pike County Central - These girls have played together forever, however, I think the lose of Lowe will affect them more than most think and new coach.

4. Paintsville - Began to make some noise toward the end of the year, but I'm unsure what they have returning.

5. Phelps - The addition of Pruitt will help if the team meshes well. Lack of backcourt experience and an experienced bench may hurt them based on what I have heard.

6. Belfry - Don't count them out just yet. This is a young team that has played together a lot since they were in little league. A lot rides on who plays.

7. Betsy Layne - Like Paintsville, made some noise at the end of the season. I'm unsure what they have returning.

8. Magoffin Co. - This pick is based on what I remember from their young girls in middle school, tradition and the fact they had some injuries that hurt last year.

9. Sheldon Clark - As far as I know they were relatively young last year and another year of maturity for Carla Booth will help tremendously.

10. Pikeville - Good group of young girls coming up. Depends on how quickly they mature.

Just my opinion, take it for what it's worth!
Brittany Swindall was a great asset to the east ridge team, but she knows why she left and she definitely wasn't recruited. But does anyone think she's going to have any trouble with that other tall girl or Anders??
:flame: Go East Ridge!
basketball010010101 Wrote:Brittany Swindall was a great asset to the east ridge team, but she knows why she left and she definitely wasn't recruited. But does anyone think she's going to have any trouble with that other tall girl or Anders??

You are assuming she will be eligible...........
BUT, if the Adams boy can get eligible at SV she should be able to.
basketball010010101 Wrote:Brittany Swindall was a great asset to the east ridge team, but she knows why she left and she definitely wasn't recruited. But does anyone think she's going to have any trouble with that other tall girl or Anders??

Swindall shouldn't have any problems with no one on East Ridge...
LadyCat2007 Wrote:great post!!!

He went to Brooke Colemans house twice this past year to try and get her at East Ridge.
who went to her house?
I think there talking about east ridges coach:letsparty
What player do the Shelby Valley girls have this year?

**Edited by BGR Staff for spelling/grammar. Please use correct spelling and grammar the next time you post.**

Anders has the ability. Bevins has the height and then some. Combined in the paint I would say that they would be a force to reckon with for almost any team.

SV beat them without swindall, so I think Bobby Spears is not worried about her. SV style will not change, but will be better defensively.
I just heard that Les Trimble is helping the Paintsville Lady Tigers. Can anyone confirm or deny? I am just trying to confirm. But, if this is true then the Lady Tigers are going to be even better. Any info on this would be appreciated.