Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin 34 Johnson Central 6
Throw the dang ball Bart…I’m sick of the laterals already…
[-] The following 3 users Like TD Hounds's post:
  • Bull got out!, Cowboy42, pjdoug
If you don’t give the ball to Guy Bailey you don’t get the twins.. you can’t have your cake and eat it too. Lol
[-] The following 4 users Like Waitaminute's post:
  • AverageJoe, Bull got out!, CC117, Diogenes
(09-30-2023, 12:20 AM)Hound05 Wrote:
(09-30-2023, 12:08 AM)The Outsider Wrote: Corbin should have scored every possession.  The only things that stopped them were penalties and dropped passes.  I still believe the Hounds need to throw down the field more often to reach their offensive potential.

Johnson Central plays had, just doesn't have a lot of fire power, or maybe they had some players  out.
Your first paragraph is dead on!! They have to open up the field and stretch it or they will have a runner up trophy at best. But hey let’s keep running the ball when we have a future all state QB and some good WRs to compliment him. It should at least be 50/50 or 60/40 pass to run. But Tommy can’t control the clock if that was so. Can’t adapt
I'm sick of it !!!  I've probably seen my last game this season.  If the b@$t@rd who is in charge of running the offense doesn't open up this offense and let these skill players show what they've got, you are looking at a 4 or 5 TD loss in the 3rd round of the playoffs. Do we really miss Cameron Combs that damn bad?  I thought we would be rocking and rolling on offense but these play calls are gross!!!
When Corbin did throw it was easy. They’ve got two reallllly good receivers and a qb that isn’t great but hits his marks.

We’re halfway threw the season and I’ve yet to see this offense at even half of its potential because of play calling. This play calling Corbin is doing will not beat Boyle. It may not even beat cov cath
(09-30-2023, 12:42 AM)TD Hounds Wrote: Throw the dang ball Bart…I’m sick of the laterals already…

Eff him!!!  I swear to almighty Zeus I think the guy has been studying Zac Taylor's playcalling... cause Zac and Bart both SUCK!!!!

(09-30-2023, 12:54 AM)KnoxvillesFinest Wrote: When Corbin did throw it was easy. They’ve got two reallllly good receivers and a qb that isn’t great but hits his marks.

We’re halfway threw the season and I’ve yet to see this offense at even half of its potential because of play calling. This play calling Corbin is doing will not beat Boyle. It may not even beat cov cath

Every single word you typed is gospel!!!!
Good win Hounds..
(09-30-2023, 12:54 AM)KnoxvillesFinest Wrote: When Corbin did throw it was easy. They’ve got two reallllly good receivers and a qb that isn’t great but hits his marks.

Corbin has a GREAT QB.
Congratulations Corbin!
Between the penalties and poor playcalling we should have gotten beat. OC gotta change his playcalling as it’s become very flat and predictable and boring honestly. 60/40 or 70/30 passing OC. I’ll take the win… Go Hounds!!
(09-30-2023, 01:17 AM)pjdoug Wrote:

Corbin has a GREAT QB.

I agree, I really like him.  He is the reason Boyle only won by 6 last year !!  My humble opinion of course.
Congratulations Corbin, good job. Also think JC is okay too.
Congrats Corbin!!!

On a side note and it may change later today but Franklin County has moved to #1 in the RPI this morning and a 3 loss North Oldham team is still ranked ahead of Boyle, Ashland, and Corbin all of which are undefeated, the RPI needs fixing cause it’s damn sure broke!!!
[-] The following 4 users Like Jack Lambert's post:
  • Bull got out!, KnoxvillesFinest, pjdoug, TD Hounds
(09-30-2023, 08:34 AM)Jack Lambert Wrote: Congrats Corbin!!!

On a side note and it may change later today but Franklin County has moved to #1 in the RPI this morning and a 3 loss North Oldham team is still ranked ahead of Boyle, Ashland, and Corbin all of which are undefeated, the RPI needs fixing cause it’s damn sure broke!!!
The RPI is not broken. It is what it is. RPI in no way determines whether team A is better than team B. It tells how a team has done, relative to the schedule its played. In no real sense does RPI pretend to tell whether one team is better than another. What needs to be done is that the lost causes at KHSAA who make the decisions need to scrap the RPI for the much better algorithm, Calpreps.
Game was closer than this. Probably the worst officiating i have seen this year. I have the film and can post the links to some of the penalties that Johnson Central received, a couple were completely bogus. Just a mutual fan but the Corbin hype gets annoying. They are very overrated.
Crazy thing is Corbin hit their averages on the season I think. After this game I think their offense is averaging 34 points a game and Defense is giving up around 5 a game. JC seemed to have some success of the quick hand off inside to the fullback on belly. I wonder if it’s because Corbin wasn’t sending a line back to let in the full back and letting them stay back and read the play? On another note JCs defense looked much improved with the position changes made.
(09-30-2023, 12:08 PM)goldenboy43 Wrote: Game was closer than this. Probably the worst officiating i have seen this year. I have the film and can post the links to some of the penalties that Johnson Central received, a couple were completely bogus. Just a mutual fan but the Corbin hype gets annoying. They are very overrated.

Please do
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Corbin wins and the fans are still mad. Cheer for another team!
(09-30-2023, 12:08 PM)goldenboy43 Wrote: Game was closer than this. Probably the worst officiating i have seen this year. I have the film and can post the links to some of the penalties that Johnson Central received, a couple were completely bogus. Just a mutual fan but the Corbin hype gets annoying. They are very overrated.

Johnson Central is annoying, weak and mediocre at best Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Cowboy42
(09-30-2023, 08:59 PM)Footballfan33 Wrote: Corbin wins and the fans are still mad. Cheer for another team!

Send my Colonels back. lol
(09-30-2023, 10:04 PM)pjdoug Wrote:

in the last 10 years Johnson central has more wins, more state championship appearances, and more state championships. Weak is probably the worst word to use. Corbin without the transfers each year (twins, guy Bailey) would be average. Let just Corbin kids play against just Johnson central kids and see the outcome, and Corbin should be very thankful that Zack maccourt is out for the year. Johnson central 3rd best running back ran 10-12 yard runs on Corbin all night last night. Maccourt would have had a field day against them. I can’t wait for them to play Boyle county.
[-] The following 1 user Likes goldenboy43's post:
  • Diogenes
(09-30-2023, 11:17 PM)goldenboy43 Wrote:

in the last 10 years Johnson central has more wins, more state championship appearances, and more state championships. Weak is probably the worst word to use. Corbin without the transfers each year (twins, guy Bailey) would be average. Let just Corbin kids play against just Johnson central kids and see the outcome, and Corbin should be very thankful that Zack maccourt is out for the year. Johnson central 3rd best running back ran 10-12 yard runs on Corbin all night last night. Maccourt would have had a field day against them. I can’t wait for them to play Boyle county.

Your weak team recruits too. Get out of the past. days of your team competing for a state championship are over with. The fat lady has sung Smile

Welcome back, Hoot!!!

I might have gone a little over the top with an emotional post-game reaction, but,my gosh, Bart, I hope you have more in mind for Boyle County (or evenCC) when you play them. Your offense is boring as hell! I saw droves of people leaving a 17-6 third quarter game against JC , probably because drying their laundry was gonna be more exciting than Guy Bailey left and a cloud of dust. Throw the damn ball downfield!!! This game should have been over after the first quarter.
[-] The following 2 users Like Old School Hound's post:
  • Bull got out!, pjdoug

How old are you? 5 I’ve got film also that I can post from 2020 that shows our DE getting his leg snapped in 3 places from an illegal block that JC is famous for using, all while a ref stands right over top of it and nothing is done.  What you can’t hear in my recording is all the crappy things being yelled by the JC fan base.  Never in my life have I tried to live vicariously through another team, never after losing to JC did I ever wish they’d lose the next game or the game after…pull your pants up the red @ss is showing…

Close only works in horse shoes and hand grenades…
(10-01-2023, 11:11 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:

Welcome back, Hoot!!!

I might have gone a little over the top with an emotional post-game reaction, but,my gosh, Bart, I hope you have more in mind for Boyle County (or evenCC) when you play them. Your offense is boring as hell! I saw droves of people leaving a 17-6  third quarter game against JC , probably because drying their laundry was gonna be more exciting than Guy Bailey left and a cloud of dust. Throw the damn ball downfield!!! This game should have been over after the first quarter.

I wonder if Greer is holding him  back on the play calling? Smile
  • TD Hounds
(10-01-2023, 12:03 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:

How old are you? 5 I’ve got film also that I can post from 2020 that shows our DE getting his leg snapped in 3 places from an illegal block that JC is famous for using, all while a ref stands right over top of it and nothing is done.  What you can’t hear in my recording is all the crappy things being yelled by the JC fan base.  Never in my life have I tried to live vicariously through another team, never after losing to JC did I ever wish they’d lose the next game or the game after…pull your pants up the red @ss is showing…

if they didn't play with fire they wouldn't have a red hind end from getting it smoked. The owl melts completely down when he gets out of  that fancy water cooled desk chair. lol
[-] The following 2 users Like pjdoug's post:
  • Old School Hound, TD Hounds
Guy Bailey had 18 carries for 42yards.
(10-01-2023, 12:46 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(10-01-2023, 11:11 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:

Welcome back, Hoot!!!

I might have gone a little over the top with an emotional post-game reaction, but,my gosh, Bart, I hope you have more in mind for Boyle County (or evenCC) when you play them. Your offense is boring as hell! I saw droves of people leaving a 17-6  third quarter game against JC , probably because drying their laundry was gonna be more exciting than Guy Bailey left and a cloud of dust. Throw the damn ball downfield!!! This game should have been over after the first quarter.

I wonder if Greer is holding him  back on the play calling? Smile

Smile In a Texas Holdem game, I would go all in on that one...

[Image: https://media3.giphy.com/media/11vfJ8sHF...-large.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • pjdoug, TD Hounds
(10-01-2023, 12:49 PM)pjdoug Wrote:

if they didn't play with fire they wouldn't have a red hind end from getting it smoked. The owl melts completely down when he gets out of  that fancy water cooled desk chair. lol
I’d never really smoked a bird till Friday night…. Huh

That was one of the most despicable and classless things I've ever heard of in over 50 years of watching HS sports. I was embarrassed and ashamed for the people of Johnson County. I'm sure not all of them uphold the miserable behavior witnessed that night. And then a half dozen or so of their fans got on here later that night and lied , saying the incident never happened.

(10-01-2023, 04:31 PM)Footballfan33 Wrote: Guy Bailey had 18 carries for 42yards.

Just awful!!!!  I hope for Corbin's sake that Greer and Bart Simpson have been playing possum, in anticipation of meeting Boyle in a few weeks. Two weeks ago I thought that was likely the case. Now, I'm not so sure. This might be what we get until the final nail is hammered into Corbin's coffin.  Bull and Viz were right. I was wrong. If Corbin doesn't change their offensive scheme , Corbin loses by 4-5 TDs at Campbell Field and 5-6 TDs in Danville.
(10-01-2023, 11:44 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(10-01-2023, 12:49 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(09-30-2023, 10:04 PM)pjdoug Wrote: Johnson Central is annoying, weak and mediocre at best Smile

I’d never really smoked a bird till Friday night…. Huh

I'm glad you finally did.  lol
  • TD Hounds