Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ligon @Breathitt
I’ve followed high school sports for many years & last night was the most embarrassing thing that I’ve ever witnessed. For a man who Carrie’s the title head football coach,head basketball coach & athletic director to schedule a team as weak as that poor team was embarrassing to say the least. The superintendent,school board,principal & every on in Breathitt county should be ashamed. We’ve sure don’t have any leadership here at all. It’s no wonder that we’re the laughing stock of every locker room in the fourteenth region.
(02-08-2023, 01:10 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(02-08-2023, 01:06 PM)Card2000 Wrote:
(02-08-2023, 12:57 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(02-08-2023, 12:49 PM)Card2000 Wrote:
(02-08-2023, 12:40 PM)jetpilot Wrote: WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!! 4 Loss in a row guy getting his two cents in. LOL
Just stating an observation. What pikeville pulled off with the shelby valley transfer last year rightfully places pikeville at the bottom of Eastern Kentucky schools. Sammons graduates this year, does pikeville have another 6'7'' guard lurking the halls of a western kentucky school that is from pikevile? If not, this board gonna be awfully quiet next year. My gut tells me something is in the works, after the Worrix debacle nothing is off the table.
My gut tells me you will cry no matter what. Pikeville is one of the top schools in the state in every category. That's why everybody wants to go there. Nobody wants to go to crappy schools. Deep down you know this, that's why you can't keep from whining. Your tears taste like delicious ice cream. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bahahahahah I just looked and didnt see a single championship in basketball....lololol
Look again.
I did, it doesnt exist....
The biggest cry babies and woke people on this form is the parents from breathitt county. It’s always someone else’s fault when their babies don’t win. It’s the coaches it’s the administration it’s the refs, heck it’s their boy’s girlfriends fault lol.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mountainparkway's post:
  • jetpilot
^^^Keep looking 2000, you'll find it.
(02-08-2023, 01:27 PM)jetpilot Wrote: ^^^Keep looking 2000, you'll find it.
LOL Im bored and had some time on my hand and i looked..  I was somewhat surprised...Pikeville hasn't won a state championship in a single classless sport ever....ever....Poor ole MC has 4 state championships by the way.....Pikeville has a hell of a football program. Especially in the last 5 years.. Lets be real though its single A...not the tops in the state by any stretch.
(02-08-2023, 01:35 PM)Card2000 Wrote:
LOL Im bored and had some time on my hand and i looked..  I was somewhat surprised...Pikeville hasn't won a state championship in a single classless sport ever....ever....Poor ole MC has 4 state championships by the way.....Pikeville has a hell of a football program. Especially in the last 5 years.. Let’s be real though its single A...not the tops in the state by any stretch.
Football is classed so it’s kinda like a participation trophy. Not impressed.
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MCHS has no championships of any kind. Maybe Inez back when Daniel Boone and Abraham Lincoln played.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • wannacat
LOL Im bored and had some time on my hand and i looked..  I was somewhat surprised...Pikeville hasn't won a state championship in a single classless sport ever....ever....Poor ole MC has 4 state championships by the way.....Pikeville has a hell of a football program. Especially in the last 5 years.. Lets be real though its single A...not the tops in the state by any stretch.
I see you ignored my earlier post Card.  Crickets on that.  Now you have to argue Championships with Jet.
(02-08-2023, 01:43 PM)jetpilot Wrote: MCHS has no championships of any kind. Maybe Inez back when Daniel Boone and Abraham Lincoln played.
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
(02-08-2023, 01:39 PM)Night Train Wrote:
LOL Im bored and had some time on my hand and i looked..  I was somewhat surprised...Pikeville hasn't won a state championship in a single classless sport ever....ever....Poor ole MC has 4 state championships by the way.....Pikeville has a hell of a football program. Especially in the last 5 years.. Let’s be real though its single A...not the tops in the state by any stretch.
Football is classed so it’s kinda like a participation trophy. Not impressed.
Dang then I guess Breathitt isn’t even good enough to get participation trophies.
^^^Yep. Of the 4 state championship and 1 national championship trophies Pikeville won last year and so far this school year, they were the only ones who got them. No nice parting gifts for participation.
(02-08-2023, 02:45 PM)jetpilot Wrote: ^^^Yep. Of the 4 state championship and 1 national championship trophies Pikeville won last year and so far this school year, they were the only ones who got them. No nice parting gifts for participation.
Did you light up before you posted this????
(02-08-2023, 03:12 PM)Card2000 Wrote:
(02-08-2023, 02:45 PM)jetpilot Wrote: ^^^Yep. Of the 4 state championship and 1 national championship trophies Pikeville won last year and so far this school year, they were the only ones who got them. No nice parting gifts for participation.
Since you won’t respond to me. Don’t ever mention Pikeville again when it comes to transfers . If it wasn’t for transfers Mc wouldn’t have a team.  Heck 3 of their starters are transfers.  Linville and Sturgill both played at Tug Valley in High School and Duff played freshman year at JC.  So I don’t won’t to hear home grown or any of that nonsense from any MC fan ever.  
 Linville enrolled as a Jr and took covid year.  Sturgill and Duff as sophomores.
Breathitt has 3 titles in football
[-] The following 1 user Likes Night Train's post:
  • Card2000
(02-08-2023, 03:20 PM)Grinch1 Wrote:
Since you won’t respond to me. Don’t ever mention Pikeville again when it comes to transfers . If it wasn’t for transfers Mc wouldn’t have a team.  Heck 3 of their starters are transfers.  Linville and Sturgill both played at Tug Valley in High School and Duff played freshman year at JC.  So I don’t won’t to hear home grown or any of that nonsense from any MC fan ever.  
 Linville enrolled as a Jr and took covid year.  Sturgill and Duff as sophomore
Not a single kid mentioned lives more than 10 min away from Inez...It isnt an eligibility issue either Rolleyes
(02-08-2023, 03:54 PM)Card2000 Wrote:
Not a single kid mentioned lives more than 10 min away from Inez...It isnt an eligibility issue either Rolleyes
I don’t care where they live.  A transfer is a transfer.  If you attended another high school and then go to another high school that’s a transfer regardless if Kermit WV or Tug is 10 mins away from Inez. Also never said anything about eligibility cause I don’t care. I’m just stating who are transfers   So yeah Duff was at JC as Freshman, Strurgill and Linville attended Tug Valley. So that means there transfers regardless of residency . Only 1 kid on Pikeville roster has ever attended another high school

(02-08-2023, 04:00 PM)Grinch1 Wrote:
(02-08-2023, 03:54 PM)Card2000 Wrote:
I don’t care where they live.  A transfer is a transfer.  If you attended another high school and then go to another high school that’s a transfer regardless if Kermit WV or Tug is 10 mins away from Inez. Also never said anything about eligibility cause I don’t care. I’m just stating who are transfers   So yeah Duff was at JC as Freshman, Strurgill and Linville attended Tug Valley. So that means there transfers regardless of residency . Only 1 kid on Pikeville roster has ever attended another high school
Also Worrix was eligible last year.  That didn’t stop you or anyone else from mentioning his name.
This is way off topic but whatever

I'll point out that the Ligon bunch plays a lot of teams around here.
They'll play anyone and I think schools usually pay them a little to play.
Just a Christian homeschool group and typically it's a chance to get a little something out of your B and C team players who don't get a lot of minutes with the guys in the rotation.

Definitely not a game to go home and tell stories about, but any game is better than practice to motivate kids in my opinion. Your starters would be more likely to get hurt in practice than a game like this, because they shouldn't be in the game a whole lot.
(02-08-2023, 05:37 PM)zaga_fan Wrote: This is way off topic but whatever

I'll point out that the Ligon bunch plays a lot of teams around here.
They'll play anyone and I think schools usually pay them a little to play.
Just a Christian homeschool group and typically it's a chance to get a little something out of your B and C team players who don't get a lot of minutes with the guys in the rotation.

Definitely not a game to go home and tell stories about, but any game is better than practice to motivate kids in my opinion. Your starters would be more likely to get hurt in practice than a game like this, because they shouldn't be in the game a whole lot.
The voice of reason! Thank you. They played 6 teams in the 14th this season and nothing said, Breathitt needs a stand in at the last minute and suddenly it's a big deal.
So did everyone on the team score in this game? If this game was played earlier in the season there may of not been much talk, but this late in the year and close to tournament time u need to be challenged.
(02-08-2023, 07:29 PM)bac2369 Wrote: So did everyone on the team score in this game? If this game was played earlier in the season there may of not been much talk, but this late in the year and close to tournament time u need to be challenged.
I don’t think you play this game period but you dang sure don’t play it this late in the season. Jokers running wild at Breathitt High. They couldn’t make a wise decision if it hit them in the face.
So why did no one make a big deal about this when Perry played ligon? Is it just because Breathitt played them or what?
(02-08-2023, 08:23 PM)Mountain Monster Wrote: So why did no one make a big deal about this when Perry played ligon? Is it just because Breathitt played them or what?
This was the craziest move i have ever seen in my life by Kyle Moore and you and ever person around knows it to.

Shame on Kyle Moore and Breathitt County for such a low class act.
Breathitt County sent Pikeville Coach John Chapman in 1998 so if it took 25 years to screw them back I'm glad it finally happened lol.

Just joking, got lots of friends in the Jackson area.
(02-08-2023, 08:23 PM)Mountain Monster Wrote: So why did no one make a big deal about this when Perry played ligon? Is it just because Breathitt played them or what?
I don't know, but they should have. I'm just throwing this out there, but it may had something to do with the game being streamed by BSN, and people actually seeing two girls and what looked like a middle school boys team playing against a high school boys basketball team. It one of those things where you have to see it, to believe it. I watched about five minutes of the game, and Breathitt was actually not playing any defense and letting them score. Breathitt would have benefited more out of an inner squad  scrimmage.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cat Daddy's post:
  • Mountain Monster
A lot of these kids at Ligon are getting to do things that they never have before thanks to programs like Breathitt playing them. The coach/teacher/founder of Ligon is A+ and just wants some of these kids to get some life experiences and appreciates anyone that will give his team a chance to just play and have some fun. Most of the bigger programs only play jv guys against them. Breathitt knew they didn't need to play this game- sometimes it's just about being good citizens and good sports to help out a school that is trying to help out some kids that may never have a chance to do this otherwise.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Pikecoballer's post:
  • Mountain Monster
Man. This pikeville hate is very comical, 1st breathitt says pikeville is scared bc they cancel on them ( pikeville is nursing injuries and sickness, I think only 6 maybe 7 healthy kids in the entire program, with 2 district games left right before tournament, that's called getting 100% before post season instead of playing a meaningless out of region game that could cause more injury.) Then breathitt schedules a homeschooling team mixed of MS Hs boys and girls, that was how they intended on putting fear in some of those 14th teams right b4 tourney Time. And then Martin Co gets on here and bashes pikeville for having transfer( that's a pot calling the kettle black) and saying they don't win championships, when pikevilles got more hardware in last seasons than martin co has in the last 20, heres a News flash you barely won the all A because Pikeville was down a starter , you never heard a excuse tho right. And the 1 region championship you won with dingus and James you barely won that game against pikeville and surprise surprise they were down 2 starters that game 1 being the best defensive player in the region. Oh yea how did dingus do against that very same player last year. Cough cough 7 pts. So it's probably safe to say you can take the 2 championships you have( with transfers and all) or we can put those **** beside them bc you truly didn't beat the best team in the region either time. Let's get facts straight in justices run as head coach he's won more games, more districts and more regions than any1 else in the 15th and to say he will leave bc they graduate 1 senior off a team who is when 100% healthy the best team in that region by 10+ pts is insane. He's built a program there just like the fb team. And oh btw you wanna throw in class A don't count. How about those cards play pikeville in fb. I mean you did get beat pretty easily by the 3rd best team in pike County last year...