Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 28 Johnson Central 12
Anyway, This Belfry team looks better and better every week. Defense is jus unbelievable for a group of kids this age. Seeing highlights and such, I have thought all year Ivan Lee looked to be a beast,and seeing him in person for the first time this year,jus convinced me that he is gonna be one of the many great, great players to come thru there in awhile, in my opinion. He is still a junior, correct? May was awesome as usual and Dotson as well, and the whole defense. Cant count how many times that JC had no chance of even breaking thru the line. Great great job tonite, Pirates. Hope the best for Elkins that he is not banged up too bad. Good luck all the way to the carpet.
Ring'Em Up Wrote:Anyway, This Belfry team looks better and better every week. Defense is jus unbelievable for a group of kids this age. Seeing highlights and such, I have thought all year Ivan Lee looked to be a beast,and seeing him in person for the first time this year,jus convinced me that he is gonna be one of the many great, great players to come thru there in awhile, in my opinion. He is still a junior, correct? May was awesome as usual and Dotson as well, and the whole defense. Cant count how many times that JC had no chance of even breaking thru the line. Great great job tonite, Pirates. Hope the best for Elkins that he is not banged up too bad. Good luck all the way to the carpet.

Yes, Ivan Lee is a junior.
I thought that JC wouldn't score too much and got hammered for saying that. Well anway lol Congrats Belfry, great D.
kyr450 Wrote:Way to go Belfry, I said from the start if Belfry stops Grimm, they have no problems... Now about the pass defense, it was great until the 4th quarter, we new we had won the game, an started playin lax... We had 3 or 4 interceptions... John Young was flat out leveling people all night long, hats off to him... Also Andrew seems to just have a real bad charlie horse nothing serious...

Exactly what I said at the game! It was like they thought had it won 28-0 and laid down a little. When you have a whole quarter left to play...it aint over!

Anyway.......CONGRATS BHS!!!!!!!!!! GREAT GAME :flame:

Hope everythings ok Andrew!!!
I knew this would happen. Can't wait for the Pirate / Bobcat game. Well that's what I want for Christmas, anyway. Go Pirates.
Best of luck to andrew.get well soon
Congrats BHS on the game and going undefeated for the first time in 17 years great job!!
Now, if we can just cover play action passes, our D will be unstopable.

Yeah, John was layin' people out left and right. Even took Dials out for a play after nailing him on a pass. My bubby hits HARD Tongue

On a side note, I'm glad I taught him how to block Tongue
Congrats Pirates.....
Johnson Central got handled...the way the radio broadcast went it seemed like Johnson Central was playing hard but just wasn't capable playing to belfrys level.

Anyway no huge surprise here belfry is for real..gl in the playoffs
I was shocked that Belfry jumped out 28-0. I really am shocked at that. It justs sounds like Belfry punched them in the mouth all night! Great win Pirates and well deserving!
WOW!!! A AAA school just dominated a AAAAA school that some thought could contend for a state championship. WOW!!
I guess Central has never seen the Belly X and outside veer option before. Haywood is one of the classiest coaches you will ever lay your eyes on. Congrads to Belfry, tough break JC.
Holy **** that is awesome. ilove to see that! Belfry definately deserves this season.
Well, if Elkins is out at QB, The option is either Ryan Preston or Thomas Varney. I'd think putting Thomas Varney in would put a big dimension of options with Thomas, Phillip, Ivan, and Dustin back there, because some may not know, but Thomas Varney can throw. Seeing as how Belfry ran Elkins with the option a few times etc, it'd be just as successful with Thomas.

Great game Belfry, nothing hypes you up for the playoffs than taking down a 5A Powerhouse.
Also, I know not such a great achievement in high school, but a friend told me Dustin May got his 1,000 yards on the season last night.
Belfry0304 Wrote:Also, I know not such a great achievement in high school, but a friend told me Dustin May got his 1,000 yards on the season last night.

Yeah I'd say he did since i was looking at belfry stat leaders on the khsaa score board and he only needed 51 yards to break 1,000. Same goes for Russells Drew Abrams, he needs 60 to break 1,000 which he should get against East Carter.
I do believe this is the first game all year that our 2nd and 3rd string didn't get in. What a season Pirates!!
:letsparty
Sarrr Wrote:Now, if we can just cover play action passes, our D will be unstopable.

Yeah, John was layin' people out left and right. Even took Dials out for a play after nailing him on a pass. My bubby hits HARD Tongue

On a side note, I'm glad I taught him how to block Tongue

The yards we gave up we're the culmination of three factors:
1. Elkins was out. Elkins is by far our best coverage DB, the Eagles didn't complete a pass at Elkins all night as he was mainly matched up on Welch, once Elkins goes out Welch makes the long catch.

2. Safeties disappearing. On the 73 yard TD pass, and the deep pass to Grimm, both times there was only a CB over there and no safety to be found.

3. Great pass/great catch- Gotta give credit to JC on those completions as well, the 73 yarder was thrown perfect under pressure, and welch made a great play on the ball. Additionally, the grimm catch was simply a beautiful catch, Preston did everything he could to disrupt the play but grimm made a great diving catch. The play before elkins wa sinjured, Welch amde a stellar diving catch as well. What i wouldn't give to have a receiver like Welch to go along with preston on our offense.
Wow...........
Belfry will win 3a, JC has a heck of a football team.
thought JC would take this one, I was wrong congrats belfry.
Belfry keyed on Shawn Grimm and shut him down. Smart move to stop JC's run game

I was wrong also
congrats belfy i expect to see you on the carpet
Quick update...Elkins has a Type 1 sprain. He will be rested for 1 week. Nothing even close to May's injury a few weeks ago. Great news!!!!!!
Who does Belry have in the first round of the playoffs?
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Who does Belry have in the first round of the playoffs?

Magoffin County.

You all need to stop with the off-topic posts. The thread is about Belfry defeating Johnson Central, not Sheldon Clark and Belfry. If this keeps up the thread will be closed.
Congrats Pirates though this game would of been alot closer
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
KENTUCKY WILDCATS
If...Then Wrote:Belfry keyed on Shawn Grimm and shut him down. Smart move to stop JC's run game

I was wrong also
I wouldn't say they completely keyed on him. No one could get anything going for JC.
kyr450 Wrote:Way to go Belfry, I said from the start if Belfry stops Grimm, they have no problems... Now about the pass defense, it was great until the 4th quarter, we new we had won the game, an started playin lax... We had 3 or 4 interceptions... John Young was flat out leveling people all night long, hats off to him... Also Andrew seems to just have a real bad charlie horse nothing serious...

I think it was a combination of the above reason and Andrew's injury that Belfry let up. It seemed to me after Andrew got hurt the guys were a little lost. I know they were concerned but you can't let up...you've got to keep playing until the clock says 00:00!

And I agree, John was great last night!

Way to go Belfry!!
If...Then Wrote:Belfry keyed on Shawn Grimm and shut him down. Smart move to stop JC's run game

I was wrong also

Belfry didn't key on anyone, they just played their base 5-2 defense and committed more to getting penetration than just reading the play. If Belfry keyed on any particular back then the stats would ahve reflected it. When belfry plays focused/aggressive football on defense no team in the state of Kentucky can run on them effectively, NO TEAM. The Pirates have now shut down four very, very good running teams: Corbin (negative yardage), Pikeville (held Harmon to 25 yards and the starting D only gave up like 40 rushing yards until they were pulled, Sheldon Clark (2nd half the Cards gained a grand total of like 20 yards total), and now JC (40 rushing yards, grimm held to 6 yards).
Good job belfry! I thoult JC would lose in a closer game, but i gest belfry had more to them then i thoult. Jc you guys a great football team keep your heads up and look forward to the Bryan station game.

~What dosn't kill you, makes you stronger~