Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 42 - Pikeville 6
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:I hope you and some of your buddies on here have finally learned that you dont give a program like Belfry any bulletin board material. I wouldnt be suprised if some of the things that you and Panther11 have said on here over the last few weeks wound up copied and plastered all over Belfrys locker room walls. If I was their coach thats exactly what Id do. Thats ok though cause when these 8th graders become freshmen next year the talking is over so they better buckle up, leave their mouthpiece in if you know what I mean and let the coaches and the upperclassmen do the talking.
Yea exactly. I've been preaching that for about a week now.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Yea exactly. I've been preaching that for about a week now.

Guys.... YES... the boys from Belfry were on here reading the stuff being posted... BUT... the motivation that moved the boys from BMS was the situtation with one of their own. Yeah, they wanted the win but they had a teammate that endured a tragedy and they all stood by him. They wanted that win for him, for the school, for the program, and for the Belfry community. Please don't put each other down for doing the same thing that EVERYONE does!! Anytime there is a rivalry there will be trash talk plain and simple. Keep your heads up.... and remember.... your only kids!!!
And the game was for LDF
Pirate_86 Wrote:And the game was for LDF

LDF??
If...Then Wrote:LDF??

check your inbox
Pirate_86 Wrote:check your inbox

nothing there
If...Then Wrote:nothing there

Oops..Check it now
Pirate_86..... behave yourself!!! LOLOL.....
phs1986 Wrote:Pirate_86..... behave yourself!!! LOLOL.....

i am..lol
Pirate_86 Wrote:i am..lol

Mark it down!!! :eek:
god i still can't get over this game...

Pikeville watched it slowly slip away...
If...Then Wrote:god i still can't get over this game...

Pikeville watched it slowly slip away...

BUT you all had a good season.... Now is the time to look forward to stepping up and playing at the next level!!!
phs1986 Wrote:BUT you all had a good season.... Now is the time to look forward to stepping up and playing at the next level!!!

thanks i guess your right. but we choked were it counted. like in 06

yea its where it REALLY starts counting!
Life is not always about winning my friend. What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger.
Crossbones Wrote:Life is not always about winning my friend. What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger.

good post crossbones!
Crossbones Wrote:Life is not always about winning my friend. What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger.
The attitude that great teams have is that it's all about winning ; otherwise, why even play the game? Kids need to be less carefree, soft, and mamma's boys and more competitive. I think being competitive will help in alot of situations throughout their lives.
Elwayfan Wrote:The attitude that great teams have is that it's all about winning ; otherwise, why even play the game? Kids need to be less carefree, soft, and mamma's boys and more competitive. I think being competitive will help in alot of situations throughout their lives.
Apparently you have misunderstood what I said. I did not say it was good to lose or to not have a winning attitude. All teams lose at one point or at another. The best attitude is to learn from it and move on. Make it a growing experience, not sit and whine about it. "We should have won." instead they should say "I know what I done wrong and I will fix it." Hence the reason to play. I want my kids to play to learn and experience a team game and to grow from their mistakes. If you think you are going to win in everything in life, then you are in for a big let down. Sure, being competitive will help in life, but being arrogant won't, "It's all about winning"Rolleyes because you can't grow from it. JMHO
Crossbones Wrote:Apparently you have misunderstood what I said. I did not say it was good to lose or to not have a winning attitude. All teams lose at one point or at another. The best attitude is to learn from it and move on. Make it a growing experience, not sit and whine about it. "We should have won." instead they should say "I know what I done wrong and I will fix it." Hence the reason to play. I want my kids to play to learn and experience a team game and to grow from their mistakes. If you think you are going to win in everything in life, then you are in for a big let down. Sure, being competitive will help in life, but being arrogant won't, "It's all about winning"Rolleyes because you can't grow from it. JMHO

Nice Post!!!:Clap:
Crossbones Wrote:Apparently you have misunderstood what I said. I did not say it was good to lose or to not have a winning attitude. All teams lose at one point or at another. The best attitude is to learn from it and move on. Make it a growing experience, not sit and whine about it. "We should have won." instead they should say "I know what I done wrong and I will fix it." Hence the reason to play. I want my kids to play to learn and experience a team game and to grow from their mistakes. If you think you are going to win in everything in life, then you are in for a big let down. Sure, being competitive will help in life, but being arrogant won't, "It's all about winning"Rolleyes because you can't grow from it. JMHO
First, I said that being competitive will help in life. Everyone knows that your never going to win at everything.
Second, how much competitive sports did you play? I played the big three all through high school and two at the college level and I can tell you this; all the great players hated losing more than they liked winning.
I don't know if some kids have it and some kids don't. I don't know if it can be taught. I didn't mean to sound arrogant, all I'm saying is that it should really bother kids to lose. The kids character, which should be taught at home, will help them cope with it in their own way. I don't want my kids to have the mindset that losing is OK as long as you learn from it. I would rather they hate losing so much, that they do everything they need to in preparing themselves.
It just seems that from an early age kids are taught, "it's OK to lose as long as you have fun and learn from it." Losing isn't fun!
Elwayfan Wrote:First, I said that being competitive will help in life. Everyone knows that your never going to win at everything.
Second, how much competitive sports did you play? I played the big three all through high school and two at the college level and I can tell you this; all the great players hated losing more than they liked winning.
I don't know if some kids have it and some kids don't. I don't know if it can be taught. I didn't mean to sound arrogant, all I'm saying is that it should really bother kids to lose. The kids character, which should be taught at home, will help them cope with it in their own way. I don't want my kids to have the mindset that losing is OK as long as you learn from it. I would rather they hate losing so much, that they do everything they need to in preparing themselves.
It just seems that from an early age kids are taught, "it's OK to lose as long as you have fun and learn from it." Losing isn't fun!
I believe we are on the same page. I couldn't agree more with what you are saying. It's never ok to lose, but I try to teach my children if you do lose, don't let it keep you down and from trying again. I think we are trying to say the same thing, just in a different way. By the way I did play two sports all the way through high school, just not in college. I even lost in two state championship football games. I just tried to have the mind set that I wasn't a loser. I didn't win the title but I had a winner experience. And for the record I didn't take you as being arrogant.
Crossbones Wrote:I believe we are on the same page. I couldn't agree more with what you are saying. It's never ok to lose, but I try to teach my children if you do lose, don't let it keep you down and from trying again. I think we are trying to say the same thing, just in a different way. By the way I did play two sports all the way through high school, just not in college. I even lost in two state championship football games. I just tried to have the mind set that I wasn't a loser. I didn't win the title but I had a winner experience. And for the record I didn't take you as being arrogant.
Sounds like we are. I wished more parents cared as much.
Elwayfan Wrote:Sounds like we are. I wished more parents cared as much.

Believe me.... I CARE!!! LOLOL....
Way to go BMS
Way to follow last yrs. 8th graders footsteps!