Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell County 57 Corbin 45 (13th Region QF)
(03-04-2022, 05:31 PM)Franchise Wrote:
(03-04-2022, 02:41 PM)basketballbilly17 Wrote:
(03-04-2022, 09:10 AM)Franchise Wrote:
(03-04-2022, 04:17 AM)basketballbilly17 Wrote: Maybe it’s just me but it just drives me insane how Sizemore holds the ball every single game. Don’t get me wrong it works and results in winning so I understand, and it’s also on the defense for not pressuring up. But I mean dear lord it’s worse than watching paint dry, people pay money to watch the kids play ball, not just sit there for 5 minutes at a time. The best thing for the game of basketball in kentucky would be to add a shot clock. No reason every level of basketball should have it and not high school. High school kids say all the time one of the hardest things in the transition to college ball is the shot clock. Having one in high school would also help better prepare players for the next level.
Coaches get paid to win, not to entertain. Bell scores 90 and loses, what does that do? Make you feel better about the $10 you spent? Same can be said about a running team in football. Boring to watch, but it works. By the way, how many of those kids are going to play at the next level. They are playing for the name written across their chest. I’ve got a feeling that you shouldn’t even bother to watch the North/Bell game.lol. Bell can’t win an up & down the floor type of game. Being methodical gives them the best chance to win, so why not?
Pretty sure when basketball was invented it wasn’t made with the mindset of holding the ball half the game. To me it’s just playing scared. It’s admitting you’re not good enough to win playing the right way and we’re scared you’re gonna beat us so let’s hold the ball so you can’t. But it don’t matter because north won’t let them do that. When they finally play a team that wants to play real ball and not slow mountain ball their run will be over. Not to mention you’re comparing getting your hands in the dirt and running the ball down someone’s throat, to standing at half court holding the ball because you’re scared of the other team. Those two are not even remotely close to the same thing. I would even be willing to say they are complete and total opposites.
Whoa Billy Boy! The error in your thinking starts with playing basketball the right way is your way. lol. Scared and strategy are two totally opposite things. If your strength is driving the ball and a team plugs up the lane, why not make them come out. I guess in the pre shot clock college basketball era, legendary Dean Smith was scared too. lol. Just because you don’t like it, it doesn’t make it wrong. I can imagine Billy coaching against North Laurel, “by golly we may get beat by 50, but we’re running with them”. North will have to come out and defend or you’ll see more of the same. I think Bell is disciplined enough not to get into a running game with them.
How’d that work out? Team plays basketball the way it’s supposed to be played and they wiped the competition. Not even close. The supposed “best coach in the region”’s gameplan didn’t work out too well in this one.
I have no problem with a coach holding the ball. As long as that's part the game, I say use it to your advantage. Dean did it ; Ray Mears did it; Huggie Bear did it. Sizemore is a good coach.
(03-05-2022, 06:16 PM)basketballbilly17 Wrote:
(03-04-2022, 04:17 AM)basketballbilly17 Wrote: Maybe it’s just me but it just drives me insane how Sizemore holds the ball every single game. Don’t get me wrong it works and results in winning so I understand, and it’s also on the defense for not pressuring up. But I mean dear lord it’s worse than watching paint dry, people pay money to watch the kids play ball, not just sit there for 5 minutes at a time. The best thing for the game of basketball in kentucky would be to add a shot clock. No reason every level of basketball should have it and not high school. High school kids say all the time one of the hardest things in the transition to college ball is the shot clock. Having one in high school would also help better prepare players for the next level.
Coaches get paid to win, not to entertain. Bell scores 90 and loses, what does that do? Make you feel better about the $10 you spent? Same can be said about a running team in football. Boring to watch, but it works. By the way, how many of those kids are going to play at the next level. They are playing for the name written across their chest. I’ve got a feeling that you shouldn’t even bother to watch the North/Bell game.lol. Bell can’t win an up & down the floor type of game. Being methodical gives them the best chance to win, so why not?
Pretty sure when basketball was invented it wasn’t made with the mindset of holding the ball half the game. To me it’s just playing scared. It’s admitting you’re not good enough to win playing the right way and we’re scared you’re gonna beat us so let’s hold the ball so you can’t. But it don’t matter because north won’t let them do that. When they finally play a team that wants to play real ball and not slow mountain ball their run will be over. Not to mention you’re comparing getting your hands in the dirt and running the ball down someone’s throat, to standing at half court holding the ball because you’re scared of the other team. Those two are not even remotely close to the same thing. I would even be willing to say they are complete and total opposites.
Whoa Billy Boy! The error in your thinking starts with playing basketball the right way is your way. lol. Scared and strategy are two totally opposite things. If your strength is driving the ball and a team plugs up the lane, why not make them come out. I guess in the pre shot clock college basketball era, legendary Dean Smith was scared too. lol. Just because you don’t like it, it doesn’t make it wrong. I can imagine Billy coaching against North Laurel, “by golly we may get beat by 50, but we’re running with them”. North will have to come out and defend or you’ll see more of the same. I think Bell is disciplined enough not to get into a running game with them.
How’d that work out? Team plays basketball the way it’s supposed to be played and they wiped the competition. Not even close. The supposed “best coach in the region”’s gameplan didn’t work out too well in this one.
They had it 42-30 with 30 seconds to play in the 3rd and then fell apart emotionally in the 4th. I give them credit for holding it that long. Hate to tell you but North is the real deal. I give the credit to the Bell players for holding there own as long as possible. Credit to North for being talented enough to score 16 unanswered in 2 minutes they are talented. Bell never was in the game to win but was able to hold their own up until the 6 min mark in the game against much better competition i think that shows a pretty good coach. But what do i know.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gridiron_Raid's post:
  • Franchise
(03-05-2022, 06:16 PM)basketballbilly17 Wrote:
Billy, you are clueless. Bell was the heavy underdog and did what they could to hang close. North is the better team and hats off to them.
Who cares where the Baker boy sit. He is a high school kid. I’ve heard he’s a good student and a good Young man. Times are different. In the 80s and 90s when I fight would probably break out over him sitting there. Best of luck to him in the future.
(03-06-2022, 11:57 PM)ArJay Wrote: Who cares where the Baker boy sit. He is a high school kid. I’ve heard he’s a good student and a good Young man. Times are different.  In the 80s and 90s when I fight would probably break out over him sitting there. Best of luck to him in the future.

agreed, who cares if he went over to sit with some old buddies he grew up with. Some people just look for reasons to talk/start shit. He’s a kid, period, adults need to mind their business when it comes to individual kids unless it’s their own.
[-] The following 2 users Like fansville's post:
  • 606CATS, Playcaller66