Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trevor Longmire decommits from Kentucky
Boys hate to bust your bubble but Johnson Central was a pretty darn good football team. Maybe just maybe Corbin was over rated and done the best they could. Corbin had a heck of a team this year. No shame to lose to JC.
(12-09-2021, 04:00 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: Boys hate to bust your bubble but Johnson Central was a pretty darn good football team.  Maybe just maybe Corbin was over rated and done the best they could.  Corbin had a heck of a team this year.  No shame to lose to JC.
The discussion isn’t about JC or losing to JC. The discussion is about the failure to develop and use the weapons that were at a team’s disposal.  The team that scores the most points wins.  Doesn’t always mean it’s the best team but it’s the team that performed the best or at least scored the most.  Maybe by using all of it’s weapons.
(12-09-2021, 04:00 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: Boys hate to bust your bubble but Johnson Central was a pretty darn good football team.  Maybe just maybe Corbin was over rated and done the best they could.  Corbin had a heck of a team this year.  No shame to lose to JC.
The Tri-County All-Star team was definitely not overrated.
(12-10-2021, 03:58 AM)pjdoug Wrote:

But the guys on the sidelines in charge were VERY overrated. With the way they utilize talent, those three nimrods couldn't lead Tom Brady and the Buccaneers to the playoffs.
(12-10-2021, 05:49 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:

But the guys on the sidelines in charge were VERY overrated. With the way they utilize talent, those three nimrods couldn't lead Tom Brady and the Buccaneers to the playoffs.

You got that right.
Johnson Central is a great team. You will not hear a Corbin fan say anything negative about JC. The fact that this discussion is taking place shows that the good people of Corbin is upset. This 2020 Corbin Redhound team was the team to get Corbin back to Kroger Field for a chance to win the 4A State Championship. This team had it all, and if the Coaching staff had done the right thing then it could have been a very different game. That’s not taking anything away from Johnson Central at all. Parents and community are upset at having to hear that the players didn’t execute. If coaches are gonna hold the kids accountable then the community should hold the coaches accountable. Had the OC ran Huff while inside the five yard line Corbin would have had a minimum of two more TD’s. Huff couldn’t be stopped all night and we start throwing the ball around like it’s Monday Night Football. If every fan in stadium sees what should have happened then why is that coaching did just the opposite. D1 players not touching the ball was ludicrous period. Love to know if OC made those calls on his own? Either way Corbin don’t get out of Region in the next few seasons. JC and Franklin are both coming back loaded and Boyle will be there. Corbin will have to settle for District again. It’s a shame.
(12-10-2021, 12:59 PM)Playcaller66 Wrote:
Johnson Central is a great team. You will not hear a Corbin fan say anything negative about JC. The fact that this discussion is taking place shows that the good people of Corbin is upset. This 2020 Corbin Redhound team was the team to get Corbin back to Kroger Field for a chance to win the 4A State Championship. This team had it all, and if the Coaching staff had done the right thing then it could have been a very different game. That’s not taking anything away from Johnson Central at all. Parents and community are upset at having to hear that the players didn’t execute. If coaches are gonna hold the kids accountable then the community should hold the coaches accountable. Had the OC ran Huff while inside the five yard line Corbin would have had a minimum of two more TD’s. Huff couldn’t be stopped all night and we start throwing the ball around like it’s Monday Night Football. If every fan in stadium sees what should have happened then why is that coaching did just the opposite. D1 players not touching the ball was ludicrous period. Love to know if OC made those calls on his own? Either way Corbin don’t get out of Region in the next few seasons. JC and Franklin are both coming back loaded and Boyle will be there. Corbin will have to settle for District again. It’s a shame.

I talked to a friend who is very close to Elam. Elam basically is saying Greer makes the decisions.
(12-10-2021, 07:30 AM)pjdoug Wrote:

You got that right.

You told everyone all season Corbin was going to mop the competition. You need to figure out if you want on or off the bandwagon.
The coaching staff at Corbin did this kid a total disservice this past season. When you have an athlete like Longmire, you have to put him out in space and let him go to work. If anything, they hurt the kids confidence by not putting the ball in his hands more and in the right situations. I believe he will be a solid player at the next level.
(12-10-2021, 02:28 PM)Cat Daddy Wrote: The coaching staff at Corbin did this kid a total disservice this past season. When you have an athlete like Longmire, you have to put him out in space and let him go to work. If anything, they hurt the kids confidence by not putting the ball in his hands more and in the right situations. I believe he will be a solid player at the next level.

I agree. He got the ball very few times this year but when he did, he looked like a completely different athlete than the last few years. His speed and he was catching the ball better. I would have liked to saw him at least getting about 7-10 touches a game. Just a dangerous player that needed touches. I'm very upset myself about it. Its not just him, but he has more attention because of his recruitment.
(12-10-2021, 01:54 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:

I talked to a friend who is very close to Elam. Elam basically is saying Greer makes the decisions.
I would say that pretty much sums it all up. However, knowing Greer’s coaching style and how he feels about the run game and knowing Elams style which is a west coast air raid, makes me and a lot of others question why you don’t run Huff inside the five several times. I really can’t see Greer making those calls at all.
Makes anyone wonder, how can a head coach stand by and allow playcalling like this to happen if he wasn't involved.
(12-10-2021, 02:47 PM)Playcaller66 Wrote:

I would say that pretty much sums it all up. However, knowing Greer’s coaching style and how he feels about the run game and knowing Elams style which is a west coast air raid, makes me and a lot of others question why you don’t run Huff inside the five several times. I really can’t see Greer making those calls at all.

Everyone should have known what they were getting when they hired the HC and OC.

While we are at it, let’s just be honest and cut the crap that has been going for weeks that this Corbin team was the best team in the world, had the most talent, whatever, blah blah blah. Everyone outside of Corbin knows that JC was a better “team” and that Boyle Co would have beat the brakes off of Corbin if they had made it to Kroger field somehow. Facts are, a state championship for Corbin was only possible if Boyle and a few others got quarantined due to covid.
[-] The following 1 user Likes fansville's post:
  • Hatz
(12-10-2021, 03:23 PM)fansville Wrote:

Everyone should have known what they were getting when they hired the HC and OC.

While we are at it, let’s just be honest and cut the crap that has been going for weeks that this Corbin team was the best team in the world, had the most talent, whatever, blah blah blah. Everyone outside of Corbin knows that JC was a better “team” and that Boyle Co would have beat the brakes off of Corbin if they had made it to Kroger field somehow. Facts are, a state championship for Corbin was only possible if Boyle and a few others got quarantined due to covid.
I'll agree with the first part. A state championship was very realistic if this team was used properly. I don't recall anyone ever posting this was the best team in the world. Im not going to say anything against JC or Boyle, they earned there respect for this year. But anyone outside of Corbin with eyes will also tell you that this team wasn't used right. I have talked to plenty of people from outsider programs who question why these kids were not properly used.
(12-10-2021, 02:19 PM)FootballFan1999 Wrote:
(12-10-2021, 07:30 AM)pjdoug Wrote:

You got that right.

You told everyone all season Corbin was going to mop the competition. You need to figure out if you want on or off the bandwagon.
I don't get on band wagons. I'm a Colonel only. Save your A$$ talk for somebody else.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Gold River
(12-10-2021, 02:28 PM)Cat Daddy Wrote: The coaching staff at Corbin did this kid a total disservice this past season. When you have an athlete like Longmire, you have to put him out in space and let him go to work. If anything, they hurt the kids confidence by not putting the ball in his hands more and in the right situations. I believe he will be a solid player at the next level.
idiot coaches on here get defensive and melt down when you speak truth to them.
(12-10-2021, 03:36 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(12-10-2021, 03:23 PM)fansville Wrote:
(12-10-2021, 12:59 PM)Playcaller66 Wrote: Johnson Central is a great team. You will not hear a Corbin fan say anything negative about JC. The fact that this discussion is taking place shows that the good people of Corbin is upset. This 2020 Corbin Redhound team was the team to get Corbin back to Kroger Field for a chance to win the 4A State Championship. This team had it all, and if the Coaching staff had done the right thing then it could have been a very different game. That’s not taking anything away from Johnson Central at all. Parents and community are upset at having to hear that the players didn’t execute. If coaches are gonna hold the kids accountable then the community should hold the coaches accountable. Had the OC ran Huff while inside the five yard line Corbin would have had a minimum of two more TD’s. Huff couldn’t be stopped all night and we start throwing the ball around like it’s Monday Night Football. If every fan in stadium sees what should have happened then why is that coaching did just the opposite. D1 players not touching the ball was ludicrous period. Love to know if OC made those calls on his own? Either way Corbin don’t get out of Region in the next few seasons. JC and Franklin are both coming back loaded and Boyle will be there. Corbin will have to settle for District again. It’s a shame.

I'll agree with the first part. A state championship was very realistic if this team was used properly. I don't recall anyone ever posting this was the best team in the world. Im not going to say anything against JC or Boyle, they earned there respect for this year. But anyone outside of Corbin with eyes will also tell you that this team wasn't used right. I have talked to plenty of people from outsider programs who question why these kids were not properly used.

Any person with blinders on could tell Corbin was loaded with talented backs and receivers that didn't touch the ball as much as they should have,
To dang bad there’s only 1 football. Get it to your best the majority of the time. Can’t please everyone.
(12-11-2021, 01:42 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: To dang bad there’s only 1 football.  Get it to your best the majority of the time.  Can’t please everyone.

They didn't do that is why Corbin fans were complaining all season.
I’m curious about this Tri-County All Star Team. Why was so much emphasis put into getting these players from other schools in Tri-County area if they wasn’t gonna use them accordingly? It’s definitely a brain teaser. Had #22 stayed at KC he would have easily rushed for over 2000 yards, if #23 stayed at Bell County it would be safe to say he would have rushed for at least 1000 yards, If #4 stays at KC he gets 1500 yards receiving last year and this year.   They assemble a team of the best athletes in area and two of them plays defense only and one gets half the touches he was brought here for. Why?
(12-12-2021, 08:00 PM)Playcaller66 Wrote:
I’m curious about this Tri-County All Star Team. Why was so much emphasis put into getting these players from other schools in Tri-County area if they wasn’t gonna use them accordingly? It’s definitely a brain teaser. Had #22 stayed at KC he would have easily rushed for over 2000 yards, if #23 stayed at Bell County it would be safe to say he would have rushed for at least 1000 yards, If #4 stays at KC he gets 1500 yards receiving last year and this year.   They assemble a team of the best athletes in area and two of them plays defense only and one gets half the touches he was brought here for. Why?

Definitely confusing. I thought the addition of #23 was huge, and would open some things up for the athletes on offense.

That’s some good points.
(12-13-2021, 11:22 AM)Bull got out! Wrote:

That’s some good points.

It is baffling.   Seems almost like coaches' agendas got in the way of what was best for the team. It's confounding. I wish they would just admit their failures and resign.