Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle County 34 Frederick Douglass 7
Does this mean that LCA is officially the Lexington city champs?

Pretty impressive for a AA school.
(10-30-2021, 12:57 AM)BlackcatAlum Wrote: Does this mean that LCA is officially the Lexington city champs?

They are definitely one of the state's best in all classes.
(10-29-2021, 11:33 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote: It was definitely worth the drive to Lexington, there’s some Crow that needs to be eat bye a couple of posters but I bet it doesn’t happen ?

I know they played the game on turf, but the people needing to eat crow could use the excuse Boyle Co used a few seasons ago against North Hardin:  The field was wet.   That's for sure.  Smile  Big Grin Wink
Good ole FDU
No shame in losing to the Rebels. Coach Nate does struggle in big games starting in 2012 loss to Mayfield 55-8
(10-30-2021, 12:51 AM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(10-29-2021, 11:59 PM)True pioneer Wrote: When is the rpi ranking lock in?

12:00 Saturday but it won’t change from where it’s at right now IMO
We’ll the good thing is the way it works out right now, 1 and 2 can’t both advance.
I pulled up the replay on NFHS and watched until it got to 27-0.... Does Cole Lanter not have any D1 offers? I can't find a recruiting profile for him outside of Hudl.

Kid runs routes great and has great hands. Dane Key is a 4 star WR and dropped two passes what time I was watching and Lanter reels in two TDs.
[-] The following 3 users Like BlackcatAlum's post:
  • #55PirateFan, Hatz, Jack Lambert
(10-30-2021, 12:03 AM)pocoboy18 Wrote:
(10-29-2021, 11:45 PM)Hound05 Wrote:
(10-29-2021, 11:36 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: So with all the D1 talent FD has why can’t they even compete in this game ??? I’ll wait for the answer…….
Not being facetious, but who all do they have thats D1?
Dane Key
Smoke Johnson
Ty Bryant
Samuel Cornett
Davis Joyner 
Thomas Howard
Not Cornett  i dont think, but add Horton, Kenny, Harkless to the list. What some folks dont realize is just because you are offered doesn't mean you can accept. Schools offer about 30- 40 kids but they are only going to take about 20- 25. Blows my mind that kids/schools are having ceremonies for kids just to commit. Until you sign that paper a commit doesn't really mean jack.
Very impressive win by Boyle Co. Going to be alot of fun watching just how it all plays out in 4A this year. Coach Maddix and his Rebels are no doubt one of the favorites. Good luck to all.
[-] The following 1 user Likes #55PirateFan's post:
  • Hatz
I’m not surprised Boyle won, however the score did surprise me. Impressive win.
(10-30-2021, 12:05 AM)Footballfan33 Wrote: Justin Haddix is the best coach in 4A. And one of the best in Kentucky.Corbin is stupid for wanting him out. He has fun with his kids, exciting offense, and you can tell his kids love playing for him. Boyle is going to be a tough out in the playoffs.

If the Corbin drought continues, it will be on those who drove Haddix away. Really just a shame. But not a surprise. It's the Corbin way.  I was barely out of HS the last time we won a state title and now I'm an old man.  #corbinsgoodoleboynetwork
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Jack Lambert
Looking at the RPI indexes and the 4A playoff bracket, Boyle County is now a fairly strong favorite to win the title, IMO. I think Boyle County has the easiest road to the final game, followed by Franklin County.

Johnson Central and Corbin will probably face each other in the third round and the winner of that game will then face Franklin County in a semifinal game. Boyle County will be strongly favored to beat Lexington Catholic in the second round and then will not face any stiff opposition until the championship game.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hoot Gibson's post:
  • Jack Lambert
(10-30-2021, 12:57 AM)BlackcatAlum Wrote: Does this mean that LCA is officially the Lexington city champs?

Not being negative, but not your typical AA school, more players not from Lexington than are. They are very good and well coached.
Congrats Rebels. If Lanter was 6'2" he would have a couple of dozen offers. Kid is a baller. Great attitude, great work ethic, great kid. Boyle's oline looked really good.

I'll be honest, I take everything I see at 7 on 7 tourney's with a grain of salt. But at the EKU tourney I saw Gillis outplay Cornett. Cornett had more targets to throw to than Gillis did and FD found a corner to pick on and they took advantage. Cornett had nice arm strength, was mobile and athletic. But Gillis had better touch.

Did I mention that Boyle's oline looked really good.
[-] The following 3 users Like BEChargers's post:
  • Bull got out!, Hatz, Rebel55
(10-30-2021, 05:53 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: Looking at the RPI indexes and the 4A playoff bracket, Boyle County is now a fairly strong favorite to win the title, IMO. I think Boyle County has the easiest road to the final game, followed by Franklin County.

Johnson Central and Corbin will probably face each other in the third round and the winner of that game will then face Franklin County in a semifinal game. Boyle County will be strongly favored to beat Lexington Catholic in the second round and then will not face any stiff opposition until the championship game.
Not sure about strongly favored over LC, but definitely favored. I seen first game, LC was going in for another score but the QB was hit at the goal line and the ball was fumbled through the end zone for a touch back. Final was 16-10 @ Boyle.
(10-30-2021, 12:10 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(10-29-2021, 11:33 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote: It was definitely worth the drive to Lexington, there’s some Crow that needs to be eat bye a couple of posters but I bet it doesn’t happen ?
I'll have some with barbecue sauce. lol

Doug I was definitely not taking about you, you call it like you see it and I respect that!

(10-30-2021, 12:51 AM)Bull got out! Wrote:

If you read KHSAA’S site the RPI is updated hourly so yes Boyle is locked in at #1 the margin has actually widened between Boyle, Lexington Catholic and Corbin.
Looks to me like some kids should’ve been more worried about getting better during the week instead of their commitment videos. Congrats to Boyle, great tune up game for your playoff run. 4A playoffs with Boyle, Corbin, Johnson Central, and Franklin Co may be the most exciting in all classes.
(10-30-2021, 10:26 AM)Jack Lambert Wrote:
(10-30-2021, 12:10 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
I'll have some with barbecue sauce. lol

Doug I was definitely not taking about you, you call it like you see it and I respect that!

(10-30-2021, 12:51 AM)Bull got out! Wrote:

If you read KHSAA’S site the RPI is updated hourly so yes Boyle is locked in at #1 the margin has actually widened between Boyle, Lexington Catholic and Corbin.

I know. I'm a fan of the Boyle County program and most of their fans. I think you are one of the coolest.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Jack Lambert
(10-29-2021, 10:49 PM)jamesclay Wrote: Yeah but Corbin is probably still No. 1 in 4A.
I seriously doubt that.
(10-30-2021, 08:45 AM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote:
(10-30-2021, 05:53 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: Looking at the RPI indexes and the 4A playoff bracket, Boyle County is now a fairly strong favorite to win the title, IMO. I think Boyle County has the easiest road to the final game, followed by Franklin County.

Not sure about strongly favored over LC, but definitely favored. I seen first game, LC was going in for another score but the QB was hit at the goal line and the ball was fumbled through the end zone for a touch back. Final was 16-10 @ Boyle.

I know that the first game between LC and Boyle was close but I can't help thinking Boyle's players went into that game overconfident. I could be mistaken, but I think Johnson Central would dominate the time of possession against LC and wear down the Knight's defense. That is what I expect will happen in a LC-BC rematch.

I don’t know if I’ve got much crow to eat as I did think Boyle could absolutely win this game.  I didn’t think they’d shut FD out and that’s huge, Congrats to Boyle and I guess if I have to pick a part of the crow to eat it’ll have to be the @ss…

(10-30-2021, 01:55 AM)BlackcatAlum Wrote: I pulled up the replay on NFHS and watched until it got to 27-0.... Does Cole Lanter not have any D1 offers? I can't find a recruiting profile for him outside of Hudl.

Kid runs routes great and has great hands. Dane Key is a 4 star WR and dropped two passes what time I was watching and Lanter reels in two TDs.

Measurables, the times I’ve watched him I think he could play mid to high major football but he don’t meet the size test these college coaches use and it’s a shame…

BGR want let me delete my prediction. Lol!!
[-] The following 3 users Like 64SUR's post:
  • BEChargers, Bossdaddy 4115, Granny Bear
(10-30-2021, 03:00 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(10-30-2021, 12:05 AM)Footballfan33 Wrote: Justin Haddix is the best coach in 4A. And one of the best in Kentucky.Corbin is stupid for wanting him out. He has fun with his kids, exciting offense, and you can tell his kids love playing for him. Boyle is going to be a tough out in the playoffs.

If the Corbin drought continues, it will be on those who drove Haddix away. Really just a shame. But not a surprise. It's the Corbin way.  I was barely out of HS the last time we won a state title and now I'm an old man.  #corbinsgoodoleboynetwork

A lot of those involved are unrepentant about it also, whether we win or lose a big broom needs to be taken to the administration and school board, we are a football town but some of our administrators are definitely not…
[-] The following 1 user Likes TD Hounds's post:
  • Bossdaddy 4115
(10-30-2021, 08:45 AM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote:

If you saw the first game , you also saw Boyle have 2 TD's called back and Lanter's  TD catch in the end zone that should have been good. All the replays show in well inbounds where his foot came down.
[-] The following 1 user Likes back country's post:
  • Jack Lambert
I'm not surprised that Boyle won the game; however, the margin of the win was a surprise. I also read somewhere that FD was limited to 2 first downs the entire first half. That, too, was a surprise!!

I would've given $1.25 to have seen this game but had I sat out last night, I would still be there trying to move! lol

Congratulations Boyle!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Granny Bear's post:
  • Jack Lambert
(10-30-2021, 01:16 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(10-30-2021, 03:00 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:

A lot of those involved are unrepentant about it also, whether we win or lose a big broom needs to be taken to the administration and school board, we are a football town but some of our administrators are definitely not…

Goldbug is where the future is. lol
(10-30-2021, 01:09 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:

I don’t know if I’ve got much crow to eat as I did think Boyle could absolutely win this game.  I didn’t think they’d shut FD out and that’s huge, Congrats to Boyle and I guess if I have to pick a part of the crow to eat it’ll have to be the @ss…

(10-30-2021, 01:55 AM)BlackcatAlum Wrote: I pulled up the replay on NFHS and watched until it got to 27-0.... Does Cole Lanter not have any D1 offers? I can't find a recruiting profile for him outside of Hudl.

Measurables, the times I’ve watched him I think he could play mid to high major football but he don’t meet the size test these college coaches use and it’s a shame…

Wasn’t talking about you either ?

(10-30-2021, 01:14 PM)64SUR Wrote:

Not you either, the name Quest comes to mind and another FD fan don’t recall his username I’ll have to go back and look.

(10-30-2021, 04:40 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote:
(10-30-2021, 01:09 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:

Not you either, the name Quest comes to mind and another FD fan don’t recall his username I’ll have to go back and look.

And some Iggy fellow.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jack Lambert's post:
  • 64SUR
Iggy fellow the name says enough on that topic .
(10-30-2021, 04:40 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote:
(10-30-2021, 01:09 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:

(10-30-2021, 04:40 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote:
(10-30-2021, 01:09 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:

And some Iggy fellow.
He is on a quest fo sho.
^^^
LOL