Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Letcher Central 18 Paintsville 7
In Tough night for the Tigers. QB playing through a slight injury along with several other key players out just made for a bad night. LCC was just the better team. Made some huge plays on both sides of the ball. Hopefully the Tigers that are healthy stay that way, and when the others return they come out hungry. Like mentioned previously, i would have rather went to LCA and got beat by 100. All in all, great win for Letcher. The Adams kid is no joke just an absolute gamer! 

GO TIGERS!
As a Letcher fan I hope they play Paintsville again next year. That was a real good matchup. Letcher plays a lot of young kids and should have there best teams the next couple of years and Paintsville is always good.
(10-30-2020, 11:04 PM)2000PHS Wrote:
(10-30-2020, 11:00 PM)sportyd Wrote: And let the excuses begin...Adams is the real deal.
No excuses. Should have just gone to Lexington and got beat a thousand. 

We got what we deserved.

Hopefully we can get healthy or Raceland will beat us by 4 TDs.

Not sure the boys got what they “deserved” , losses happen. Pikeville will tell ya that! Hopefully you don’t stay down on our Tigers for long!
(10-30-2020, 11:12 PM)Spud6 Wrote: Did not see this one coming. Thought they’d roll LCC. 1A is wide freakin open. It’s in telling who will win this year.

No it's not. Still all depends on when Pikeville plays whoever comes out of the Raceland/Paintsville district. No one out west is good enough. KCD is the closest team and I take all three of these teams by three touchdowns or more.
(10-31-2020, 12:31 PM)Blue_Bird96 Wrote:
(10-30-2020, 11:04 PM)2000PHS Wrote:
(10-30-2020, 11:00 PM)sportyd Wrote: And let the excuses begin...Adams is the real deal.
No excuses. Should have just gone to Lexington and got beat a thousand. 

We got what we deserved.

Hopefully we can get healthy or Raceland will beat us by 4 TDs.

Not sure the boys got what they “deserved” , losses happen. Pikeville will tell ya that! Hopefully you don’t stay down on our Tigers for long!

Kids didn’t do a thing wrong. It was wrong to cancel with LCA and then schedule a “weaker” opponent.
[-] The following 2 users Like 2000PHS's post:
  • jetpilot, Panther Thunder
(10-31-2020, 10:30 AM)Blue_Bird96 Wrote:
(10-31-2020, 08:29 AM)Bob Seger Wrote: This is exactly why there should NEVER be another Apple Bowl.

However, I guess folks who get great entertainment value from picking wings off of flies would really dig watching another one .

That’s it’s In a nut shell. We have so many from the outside that scream for that game every year. Typically Pikeville fans but that’s about it. They think they can compare Belfry to JC. Those two programs are not even close.

(10-31-2020, 01:50 AM)Oledad92 Wrote:
(10-31-2020, 01:33 AM)Blue_Bird96 Wrote:
(10-30-2020, 10:54 PM)Oledad92 Wrote: Deep down, I saw this coming.
Paintsville fans are nuttier then squirrel shit for thinking that could play JC close.

Now look atcha!
Who in the world have you heard say that Paintsville could play JC close? There’s no team in all of 1A 2A or 3A that can play JC close. Pretty sure all Paintsville fans realize that.

(10-31-2020, 12:36 AM)jetpilot Wrote: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Paintsville sold what was left of their soul for a beatdown from the team that just lost to Johnson Central 62-0.
Got what they deserved and looked horrible taking their medicine.
Coaches on the phone with an 0-7 team on the way back home and canceling Breathitt...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Congrats to Letcher Central...several people called the W...

Oh yeah one more HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAcathes breathBAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAdeepbreathMUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Just like JP. Always trying to make a Paintsville Loss Worse than a Pikeville loss! Do they go on the record different?
Bird, you play too much man LOL

Wait.. That's came out wrong
What's does blue bird mean anyway you're like 2 letters away from being blue balls

Why did you mention playing and then your brain went straight to balls?? You may need to find another hobby there ol man! Gonna end up hurting your eye site!  Lol

I don’t believe I heard any. Did you?
Seriously, whether JC and Paintsville play each other is not in the top 5,000 things Pikeville fans care about.
(10-31-2020, 02:12 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(10-31-2020, 08:29 AM)Bob Seger Wrote: This is exactly why there should NEVER be another Apple Bowl.

However, I guess folks who get great entertainment value from picking wings off of flies would really dig watching another one .

That’s it’s In a nut shell. We have so many from the outside that scream for that game every year. Typically Pikeville fans but that’s about it. They think they can compare Belfry to JC. Those two programs are not even close.

(10-31-2020, 01:33 AM)Blue_Bird96 Wrote:
(10-30-2020, 10:54 PM)Oledad92 Wrote: Deep down, I saw this coming.
Paintsville fans are nuttier then squirrel shit for thinking that could play JC close.

Now look atcha!
Who in the world have you heard say that Paintsville could play JC close? There’s no team in all of 1A 2A or 3A that can play JC close. Pretty sure all Paintsville fans realize that.

(10-31-2020, 12:36 AM)jetpilot Wrote: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Paintsville sold what was left of their soul for a beatdown from the team that just lost to Johnson Central 62-0.
Got what they deserved and looked horrible taking their medicine.
Coaches on the phone with an 0-7 team on the way back home and canceling Breathitt...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Congrats to Letcher Central...several people called the W...

Oh yeah one more HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAcathes breathBAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAdeepbreathMUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Just like JP. Always trying to make a Paintsville Loss Worse than a Pikeville loss! Do they go on the record different?

What's does blue bird mean anyway you're like 2 letters away from being blue balls

Why did you mention playing and then your brain went straight to balls?? You may need to find another hobby there ol man! Gonna end up hurting your eye site!  Lol

Seriously, whether JC and Paintsville play each other is not in the top 5,000 things Pikeville fans care about.

Textbook Pikeville comment. While threads like that are going on, Pikeville fans are all in, worried to death about “Paintsville should play this one or Paintsville should play that one” but then when it’s brought up, its back to “I can assure you that Pikeville fans don’t worry about Paintsville”! Lol. We’ll you better, because while your “not worrying about Paintsville” they’re typically beating the breaks off ya in pretty much every sport! Just think, one of the smallest High schools in Eastern KY, literary HALF the kids! It has to be embarrassing to Pikeville every time they lose to Paintsville in Basketball, Baseball, Volleyball ect. Thank God Pikeville’s Football program has stepped back up in the past 5 years or they wouldn’t have anything to get behind! Lol.
BB don’t know what you smokin today but Paintsville hasn’t beat the brakes off Pikeville in anything. Might want to go look at scoreboard and refresh your memory on the last few years lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes Panthers Dominate's post:
  • jetpilot
Pikeville has won:

the last 6 Softball All A’s with a couple 15th Region titles in the mix.

The last 2 Girls Basketball Region Championships.

The most recent Baseball All A Region Championship.

2 of the last 4 Boys Basketball Region Championships.

A runner-up finish in Boys Cross Country state in 2019, as well as back to back Region titles in 2018 & 2019.

Volleyball, while unable to win the big one (credit Paintsville there), has been very successful with multiple All A Titles.

Pikeville Cheer has captured 3 national titles and multiple state titles in the last five years.

And as far as Football goes, credit to the Tigers for the incredible resurgence from 2012 to now, but Pikeville is now 29-5 vs. Paintsville in the last 34 meetings since the Tigers won in 1985. During that time the Panthers have 5 State Titles, 2 State Runner-Ups, & 17 Region Championships.

The state of the Pikeville High Athletic Department is just fine.
[-] The following 3 users Like Panther Thunder's post:
  • jetpilot, PHS DYNASTY, Pupaw
Mic drop

Honor and credibility too.
(10-31-2020, 04:07 PM)Blue_Bird96 Wrote:

(10-31-2020, 01:33 AM)Blue_Bird96 Wrote: Who in the world have you heard say that Paintsville could play JC close? There’s no team in all of 1A 2A or 3A that can play JC close. Pretty sure all Paintsville fans realize that.

Textbook Pikeville comment. While threads like that are going on, Pikeville fans are all in, worried to death about “Paintsville should play this one or Paintsville should play that one” but then when it’s brought up, its back to “I can assure you that Pikeville fans don’t worry about Paintsville”! Lol. We’ll you better, because while your “not worrying about Paintsville” they’re typically beating the breaks off ya in pretty much every sport! Just think, one of the smallest High schools in Eastern KY, literary HALF the kids! It has to be embarrassing to Pikeville every time they lose to Paintsville in Basketball, Baseball, Volleyball ect. Thank God Pikeville’s Football program has stepped back up in the past 5 years or they wouldn’t have anything to get behind! Lol.
Lol how did you wiggle out of your straightjacket to type that crazy sheeeeeit....
"Pikeville is now 29-5 vs. Paintsville in the last 34 meetings"

Paintsville is our bitch.
(10-31-2020, 07:34 PM)jetpilot Wrote: "Pikeville is now 29-5 vs. Paintsville in the last 34 meetings"

Paintsville has done about as good as anyone has against Pikeville in 1A.
Sounds like Raceland and LCC didn’t see the same Paintsville team my Comets did.
Crittenden County will be ur team our west!!
(10-31-2020, 05:40 PM)Panthers Dominate Wrote: BB don’t know what you smokin today but Paintsville hasn’t beat the brakes off Pikeville in anything. Might want to go look at scoreboard and refresh your memory on the last few years lol

I must be confused. I was thinking Paintsville beat Pikeville at home last year in Basketball. Then the last time they played in Baseball put up 22 runs and most recently in Volleyball in the Regional championship last week. Maybe I’m thinking of another Pikeville.  Lol

(10-31-2020, 07:34 PM)jetpilot Wrote: "Pikeville is now 29-5 vs. Paintsville in the last 34 meetings"

That’s what I said. Thankfully you guys restored your football program in the past 5 years or you wouldn’t have anything really. I’m sure the rest of the sports will follow soon though as long as you guys keep working hard!

(10-31-2020, 11:12 PM)WestCarterComet Wrote: Sounds like Raceland and LCC didn’t see the same Paintsville team my Comets did.
Nope. We’re Missing a few key players due to injury. You might remember one of them. The center that had his knee took out on the last Paintsville extra point in the West Carter game. He’s an impactful piece. We should have most back soon from what I gather. Hopefully full strength in the next couple of weeks.
Your gettin closer BB. Last time they played in baseball was a DH and they split 2-0 & 4-2 and they did score 22 the game before but gave up 14 lol first game of the season. As for basketball the won the last game but the year before they took the L twice. Volleyball they just won the 15th but a months l before got beat in the All A finals by the panthers. They not beatin the brakes off anybody.
(10-31-2020, 07:31 PM)jetpilot Wrote:

(10-31-2020, 01:50 AM)Oledad92 Wrote: Bird, you play too much man LOL

Lol how did you wiggle out of your straightjacket to type that crazy sheeeeeit....

Just facts JP. I realize Pikeville fans don’t like them and you guys are always trying to paint a different picture BUT there they are just the same. No one can knock Paintsville’s success In any sport. Over the years it’s actually been pretty Amazing for a school that has less than 350 total kids! As far as football goes, since 2014-2015 season Pikeville leads the series BUT Barely, at 5-4 So........not sure that qualifies as “our Bitch” type status. Your getting there though. Like I said, keep working!

(11-01-2020, 11:02 AM)Panthers Dominate Wrote: Your gettin closer BB. Last time they played in baseball was a DH and they split 2-0 & 4-2 and they did score 22 the game before but gave up 14 lol first game of the season. As for basketball the won the last game but the year before they took the L twice. Volleyball they just won the 15th but a months l before got beat in the All A finals by the panthers. They not beatin the brakes off anybody.
But far from JP’s implications. His picture of Pikeville‘a Dominance as a whole is poorly painted. Facts are we have arguably the 2 strongest 1A schools in the state, 30 miles apart. Paintsville gives just as many L’s to Pikeville as Pikeville does to Paintsville.
Pikeville girls win the majority of volleyball matches vs. Paintsville, and in softball Pikeville is 11-1 vs. Paintsville since 2013.
If Paintsville had half as many sports trophies as Pikeville, they would have to build a new building to keep them in.
BB is either high or just dreaming.
(11-01-2020, 11:06 AM)Blue_Bird96 Wrote:
(10-31-2020, 07:31 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(10-31-2020, 10:30 AM)Blue_Bird96 Wrote: That’s it’s In a nut shell. We have so many from the outside that scream for that game every year. Typically Pikeville fans but that’s about it. They think they can compare Belfry to JC. Those two programs are not even close.

Just facts JP. I realize Pikeville fans don’t like them and you guys are always trying to paint a different picture BUT there they are just the same. No one can knock Paintsville’s success In any sport. Over the years it’s actually been pretty Amazing for a school that has less than 350 total kids! As far as football goes, since 2014-2015 season Pikeville leads the series BUT Barely, at 5-4 So........not sure that qualifies as “our Bitch” type status. Your getting there though. Like I said, keep working!

(11-01-2020, 11:02 AM)Panthers Dominate Wrote: Your gettin closer BB. Last time they played in baseball was a DH and they split 2-0 & 4-2 and they did score 22 the game before but gave up 14 lol first game of the season. As for basketball the won the last game but the year before they took the L twice. Volleyball they just won the 15th but a months l before got beat in the All A finals by the panthers. They not beatin the brakes off anybody.
But far from JP’s implications. His picture of Pikeville‘a Dominance as a whole is poorly painted. Facts are we have arguably the 2 strongest 1A schools in the state, 30 miles apart. Paintsville gives just as many L’s to Pikeville as Pikeville does to Paintsville.
https://twitter.com/CamilleWYMT/status/1...06/photo/1
David and Daryl reported number 72 got hurt in practice on Monday. The center when west Carter went high low on an extra point was 16. I have not heard status on him. So no west carter did not cheap shot number 72 blue bird.
Pilot we forgetting about girls basketball that has beaten the tigers by a average of 30 the last three meetings.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Panthers Dominate's post:
  • jetpilot
For sure! we all know the deal hehe

BB still in meltdown mode after Paintsville just pulled the dreaded "dodge and lose" lol
(11-01-2020, 11:38 AM)Panthers Dominate Wrote: Pilot we forgetting about girls basketball that has beaten the tigers by a average of 30 the last three meetings.
Oh yea. I remember. Our varsity team that started 2-3 8th graders! Uh yea! I would hope you guys could win that one. Good job picking one to brag about. Lol.

(11-01-2020, 11:41 AM)jetpilot Wrote: For sure!  we all know the deal hehe

BB still in meltdown mode after Paintsville just pulled the dreaded "dodge and lose" lol
Not really. I was expecting it to either be a tight win or possibly what it was. I was afraid that our injuries wouldn’t have us quite where we needed to be. When we’re missing 4/5 starters obviously were not going to be what we are, when we have them. The good thing is, it sounds like all besides the 1 should be back healthy soon. We need em!
BB didn’t know you guys had that many out. Knew that 72 is out for the year. 1 and 16 were dinged up. Who else you guys have out?