Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 28 - LHC 18
Those two teams played each other like they had been rivals for 60 years, man what hitting.
joethegreek Wrote:Those two teams played each other like they had been rivals for 60 years, man what hitting.
It definately had a playoff atmosphere.... great win for pikeville.. IMO Daniel Harmon is the best Overall player in the mountains....
awesome job last night panthers, way to represent eastern ky!

harmon is probably the most enjoyable HS football player to watch
BoondockSaint Wrote:I've seen them both, and Harmon is in a different league than Grimm.

yeah, i would love to see him play up a level into grimm's, then ya might at least have an argument.

harmon looks like real nice player all around, but to say sumthin goofy like that??? come on.

back on real subject, game was awesome one to watch. panthers look to be a real contender again this year.
[SIZE=4]"Gattiland In Pikeville Reserved For Pizza and Fun After The Game!
After the game players, coaches, parents and fans will be going to Gatti's at 274 Cassidy Blvd. for food and fun. For $10.00 dollars per player the Cougars will get all the pizza, pasta and dessert they can eat plus $6.00 dollars of free game room tokens and 1 free bumper car ride. More game room and bumper car tokens can be purchased by players if they want. Adults will pay $7.94 for the all you can eat pizza, pasta, dessert buffet. Since the game starts at 8:00pm and is on TV, it probably won't be over until 10:30pm. The plan is to get to Gatti's between 11:15pm and 11:30pm. It should be a fun way to get the Cougar Football team and fans together to [SIZE=4]celebrate the first victory of the 2007 season!" - from holy cross' website[/SIZE]

How'd that work out for ya???
[/SIZE]
Pikeville's players better quit the redneckin.Im talking about getting mad and retailiating when an opposing player does something to get you to react.Both teams did poorly controlling their anger.Maybe it was the heat.Fighting has no place in the game of football.I think Pikeville could make a run to Louisville if they are more disciplined.What do you Pikeville fans think?
everybody talks like it's a suprise that Daniel Harmon played so well, the kid has been a stud and the best player on any field he has been on since he played flag.
Great job Panthers! I had you pick all week.
Welcome to the best site in town! If you need anything, just let me know.
BoondockSaint Wrote:For my money, Daniel Harmon is the best RB in the mountains, and maybe the best player, period.

Congrats to the Panthers!

i dont agree with you on that
BoondockSaint Wrote:For my money, Daniel Harmon is the best RB in the mountains, and maybe the best player, period.

Congrats to the Panthers!
Agreed
BoondockSaint Wrote:I've seen them both, and Harmon is in a different league than Grimm.

What kinda comparison are you tryin to make. Look at who Pikeville plays then look at who JC plays. JC plays MUCH TOUGHER competition then Pikeville does. Do you think DH woulda rushed for 200 yards against half the teams JC played if Pikeville woulda played em, NO WAY. I'm not takin anything away from DH cause he is one hell of a ball player, but to say he is in another league than Grimm is crazy.
Redneck Wrote:What kinda comparison are you tryin to make. Look at who Pikeville plays then look at who JC plays. JC plays MUCH TOUGHER competition then Pikeville does. Do you think DH woulda rushed for 200 yards against half the teams JC played if Pikeville woulda played em, NO WAY. I'm not takin anything away from DH cause he is one hell of a ball player, but to say he is in another league than Grimm is crazy.

Not to be negative towards the Pikeville line, but im sure the JC line is 10x better as a whole than Pikevilles.

IF ALL other aspects minus talent are evened out, then the comparison is a deadlock IMO.
Harmon is also a year younger, I believe?
harmon is best player p-ville has so why does everyone brag on the honakers twins ... offense or p-ville has better players than those 2 especially with the harmon kid
EastKySports21 Wrote:harmon is best player p-ville has so why does everyone brag on the honakers twins ... offense or p-ville has better players than those 2 especially with the harmon kid

:confused: :what:
Ring'Em Up Wrote::confused: :what:
i think he means "Pikevilles offense has better players than those 2 (refering tho the Honakers)"

hes wondering why they get the publicity and you dont hear as much about Harmon and Jackson etc
oh, ok. that makes some sense then. thanks.
yeah, i sorta was wondering the same thing. he pretty much seemed like the focus of their offense last night. maybe that whole ESPN rating deal with the brothers sorta clouded the air over the rest of their skill players. but i think he was the best player for them last night, hands down.
Ring'Em Up Wrote:oh, ok. that makes some sense then. thanks.
yeah, i sorta was wondering the same thing. he pretty much seemed like the focus of their offense last night. maybe that whole ESPN rating deal with the brothers sorta clouded the air over the rest of their skill players. but i think he was the best player for them last night, hands down.

Yeah, when I saw him hurdle that guy in the Belfry game two years ago i knew he was going to be something special
Redneck Wrote:What kinda comparison are you tryin to make. Look at who Pikeville plays then look at who JC plays. JC plays MUCH TOUGHER competition then Pikeville does. Do you think DH woulda rushed for 200 yards against half the teams JC played if Pikeville woulda played em, NO WAY. I'm not takin anything away from DH cause he is one hell of a ball player, but to say he is in another league than Grimm is crazy.
Are you serious?????

Any weaknesses in Pikeville's schedule are in in their district, which they can't control. Pikeville plays #3 in 1A LHC (which was a win - 2 rush TDs and a kick off return), #8 in 2A Prestonsburg, #2/3 in 3A Belfry, #1 in 4A LexCath, and at 5A Ashland as their nondistrict schedule. I'm sure CoachJ would love to play JCs schedule, which looks slightly less topheavy than Pikeville's but probably harder throughout.

Id say DH and Grimm are on the same level at RB, but DH also has the potential to be all-state on defense at corner, which i think makes him a better player than Grimm.
Harmon would probably be looked at as the best player Pikeville has, but the twins get looks because theyre incredible athletes who are hoping to go D-1 at OLB or SS, not skill offense.
Won in the Trenches Wrote:Harmon is also a year younger, I believe?
I don't know about that, he was held back once, maybe twice.
Won in the Trenches Wrote:Harmon is also a year younger, I believe?
Harmon is a Junior, but is older than most of the seniors on Pikeville's team (they hold 'em back a lot at Virgie).
Tim on rivals is a OLB and Ted is an Athlete. However on ESPN they are both at OLB. Neither are expected to play offense at a D-1 school.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:Tyler Baker had a few receptions also. I was just wondering how many yards total it was in the air.
Tyler got robbed on that one catch he had in the end zone right before halftime. He made a great diving catch and got a foot down before he was pushed out of bounds and the ref called it incomplete.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Tyler got robbed on that one catch he had in the end zone right before halftime. He made a great diving catch and got a foot down before he was pushed out of bounds and the ref called it incomplete.
I thought he caught that ball but wasn't sure.. He has the potential to be a big time wide out and safety.
Jackson looked pretty fast on his TD run. Is he as fast as Harmon???
Won in the Trenches Wrote:Not to be negative towards the Pikeville line, but im sure the JC line is 10x better as a whole than Pikevilles.

IF ALL other aspects minus talent are evened out, then the comparison is a deadlock IMO.

Pikeville always has a good o-line, why do you think they have at least 1 1,000 yard rusher every year for last 25 years. JC's O-linemen weren't better necessarily better than Pikeville's O-linemen, JC's O-line coach is as good as they get, just ask Pikeville asst coach Mike Copley. 9 times outta 10 Grimm broke away with his agility and skills to cut on a dime.

EASports12 Wrote:Are you serious?????

Any weaknesses in Pikeville's schedule are in in their district, which they can't control. Pikeville plays #3 in 1A LHC (which was a win - 2 rush TDs and a kick off return), #8 in 2A Prestonsburg, #2/3 in 3A Belfry, #1 in 4A LexCath, and at 5A Ashland as their nondistrict schedule. I'm sure CoachJ would love to play JCs schedule, which looks slightly less topheavy than Pikeville's but probably harder throughout.

Id say DH and Grimm are on the same level at RB, but DH also has the potential to be all-state on defense at corner, which i think makes him a better player than Grimm.

Grimm and DH are without a doubt the best RB's in the mountains, no question. The point I was tryin to make to BoondockSaint was you can't compare stats when Grimm HAS faced much tougher competition and put up HUGE numbers against ALL of them, even Cov Cath in the state semi's last season. 2,600 yards on the ground, 30+ rushing TD's, numerous kick-off and punt returns for TD, a couple passin TD's and a handfull of recievin TD's.
Redneck Wrote:Pikeville always has a good o-line, why do you think they have at least 1 1,000 yard rusher every year for last 25 years. JC's O-linemen weren't better necessarily better than Pikeville's O-linemen, JC's O-line coach is as good as they get, just ask Pikeville asst coach Mike Copley. 9 times outta 10 Grimm broke away with his agility and skills to cut on a dime.

Grimm and DH are without a doubt the best RB's in the mountains, no question. The point I was tryin to make to BoondockSaint was you can't compare stats when Grimm HAS faced much tougher competition and put up HUGE numbers against ALL of them, even Cov Cath in the state semi's last season. 2,600 yards on the ground, 30+ rushing TD's, numerous kick-off and punt returns for TD, a couple passin TD's and a handfull of recievin TD's.
Debates like these are pointless. Harmon and Grimm are both great players. you put Harmon in a JC uniform and he will still be great. Put Grimm in a Pikeville unifrom and he would still be great. Great athletes are great athletes no matter what color theyre uniform is. I wouldnt trade DH for Grimm but that doesnt mean Grimm isnt great. Ive watched both play and they are the 2 best in the mountains hands down bar none.
jetpilot Wrote:Jackson looked pretty fast on his TD run. Is he as fast as Harmon???
No, but hes pretty fast and as tough as they come.
Panther Thunder Wrote:I thought he caught that ball but wasn't sure.. He has the potential to be a big time wide out and safety.
It showed it plainly on film that he got a foot down.