Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Somerset @ Lexington Christian 10/18
ontopofthewest Wrote:Will there be a place to watch this game online?
You can find it on YouTube at Prepspin and local radio on 99.1 WJMM
Football is more then one player but in this one it hurts the bunnies too much. LCA +14
Haven't seen anything but of LCA, but Somerset's offensive line looks huge. Can LCA just load the box and stop these replacement RBs easily? Seems unlikely......
Bunnies throw to well to load the box.
This is the "game of the week" in Kentucky high school football, in my opinion. I'm truly torn on picking a winner. I feel like both teams are evenly matched, with Somerset being the more physical team and LCA being the more athletic team. If Somerset was 100%, I would go with the Jumpers, but I feel like the injury to Miller will be hard to overcome. With that being said, Somerset is still capable of winning this game, but it will be an uphill battle, especially playing on the road. At the end of the day, LCA pulls this one out late in the fourth. LCA wins 35-28.
Two great programs - wish I was close enough to attend. Too close for me to call.
Bunnies pull away late in a shootout:

Public School: 42
Private Schoo: 27
This game should be a good one. Does not matter who wins this one, will have a battle to move on in play-offs in week 2. Wishing a great game and no injuries.
can this game be seen on prepspin free????
I’m taking LCA 36-23
Somerset
LCA is up 13-6 at halftime. Somerset hasn't been able to leverage their size advantage into production on the field. Maybe it will wear down LCA late? Somerset misses the rb. The power back they are using is lacking quickness and lacking an impact so far.
Jumpers are just mentally checked out. I'd hoped it was just a little hangover from Miller getting hurt but it just seems they are getting more disinterested with each passing game. Missed tackles, stupid penalties, uncharacteristic mistakes. They don't look like they care to be here tonight.
Iam4thecats Wrote:LCA is up 13-6 at halftime. Somerset hasn't been able to leverage their size advantage into production on the field. Maybe it will wear down LCA late? Somerset misses the rb. The power back they are using is lacking quickness and lacking an impact so far.

RoShamBo Wrote:Jumpers are just mentally checked out. I'd hoped it was just a little hangover from Miller getting hurt but it just seems they are getting more disinterested with each passing game. Missed tackles, stupid penalties, uncharacteristic mistakes. They don't look like they care to be here tonight.

Somerset is just getting whipped up front on both sides of the ball. Both the offensive and defensive line play has been severely lacking.
Think Somerset may have met their Mckracken county tonight. LCA looks tough.
I have to put it out there. The only performance worse than Somerset's so far has been the PrepSpin announcers. They are just bad. Wish Lake Cumberland Sports could get their internet straightened out.
After an interception Somerset put together an impressive drive and tied it up 13-13.
The Jumpers forced a 3 and out and have the ball on the LCA 20, 2nd and 10.
Jumpers look like a different team now
Turnover on down. LCA ball on their own 26, still 13-13.
Somerset forces an LCA 3 and out then on the first play after Sheron hits Guthrie for a 46 yard touchdown to give Somerset a 20-13 lead. LCA immediately followed that with a 47 yard touchdown run by Xavier Brown. 20-20 with 15 seconds to go in the 3rd quarter.
Somerset drives it right down the field and Jase Bruner finishes it off from 5 yards out. Somerset leads 27-20 with 10:33 to go in regulation.
barnabus_c2001 Wrote:can this game be seen on prepspin free????

Yes. Go to their YouTube page.
LCA drives right back down the field and scores on a 5 yard pass. Tied again, 27-27 with 5:04 to go.
Aaaaaaand Sheron hits Grundy for a 79 yard touchdown pass where he broke a couple of tackles on the sideline. Somerset leads 34-27 with 4:45 to go.
Both these teams are going to be hard to handle
LCA comes back down and scores on a long pass. Barnhart runs in a 2 point conversion to give the Eagles the 35-34 lead with 2:25 to go.
Lca defense comes up big and stops them in 4 plays. 2 evenly matched teams.