Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highlands vs Cov Cath 10/18
Cov Cath FG in early 4th. 13-0
I figured they might come in flat after a big emotional win. And they have. I agree about the coaching.
sstack Wrote:Cov Cath FG in early 4th. 13-0

Wow! Thought Cov.Cath. would be up by more than this.
Cov Cath super flat
13-0 final. Poor sportsmanship by Cov Cath at end of game, runs four plays inside the 4 when could have done victory formation. Highlands held. Coach would have felt like an idiot if player got hurt
True. But Cov Cath looked like you know what
sstack Wrote:13-0 final. Poor sportsmanship by Cov Cath at end of game, runs four plays inside the 4 when could have done victory formation. Highlands held. Coach would have felt like an idiot if player got hurt

That is not poor sportsmanship when your offense only scored one td.
UK1fan Wrote:That is not poor sportsmanship when your offense only scored one td.

Why does it matter how many TD’s are scored?! The game is won when you kneel it down!
Coached right they score 4 TDs
The Cov cath offense was anemic. Nothing aggressive or out of the box at all. Just mundane as if they wanted to throttle it back. Rivalry games. A win is a win.
bo67 Wrote:Coached right they score 4 TDs

Who?
sstack Wrote:Why does it matter how many TD’s are scored?! The game is won when you kneel it down!

Are you joking? You have to be joking right?!?
Who??? Cov Cath and up that to 5 TDs. I mean more like play calling
Woodsman Wrote:Are you joking? You have to be joking right?!?

Tell me why you try to score on last play of game instead of Victory formation
bo67 Wrote:Who??? Cov Cath and up that to 5 TDs. I mean more like play calling

I love and trust coach Eviston unconditionally. I also think there isn’t a soul in high school football who can rival his offensive mindset. That’s what draws me to his program. I have no idea what went on tonight. It looked like chaos and grasping at straws.
sstack Wrote:Tell me why you try to score on last play of game instead of Victory formation

Do you think dale wouldn’t?!? We both know the answer to that. I’ve been a party to the opposite end my friend. I find that assertion completely ironic. I’ll be honest....I had no objection to it at the time and it fueled sweet revenge.
Woodsman Wrote:Do you think dale wouldn’t?!? We both know the answer to that. I’ve been a party to the opposite end my friend. I find that assertion completely ironic. I’ll be honest....I had no objection to it at the time and it fueled sweet revenge.
I can’t recall Dale doing it or any other coach and I would call them out for doing it if they did
What was the score? 😕
Woodsman Wrote:Do you think dale wouldn’t?!? We both know the answer to that. I’ve been a party to the opposite end my friend. I find that assertion completely ironic. I’ll be honest....I had no objection to it at the time and it fueled sweet revenge.
You don’t have objection to it? What if your quarterback got hurt on that last play trying to score a useless touchdown?
FoSho Wrote:What was the score? 😕

Hey ol special buddy!!! What did Cincinnati lasalle do tonight? Guess who they were playing? I’ll clue you in....it was a nationally ranked top 50 team. What did ol Boyle do? What little sisters of the poor team did they thump again? Hahahahahahaha
fosho Wrote:what was the score? 😕

13-0
sstack Wrote:I can’t recall Dale doing it or any other coach and I would call them out for doing it if they did

Please review game films
I watched Mueller do on sidekicks in the same game up 35 to 0
Woodsman Wrote:Please review game films

Like I said in previous post if he did I condemn it and it doesn’t make it right for another coach to do it.
bo67 Wrote:I watched Mueller do on sidekicks in the same game up 35 to 0

I promise dale showed absolutely no mercy and good for him. That’s why he is historically and nationally one of the hands down best.....except for 1997. That year his ego out kicked its coverage.
sstack Wrote:Like I said in previous post if he did I condemn it and it doesn’t make it right for another coach to do it.

Your point is valid and to be brutally honest, I agree with you.
Almost didn’t go to game because I was expecting a blowout. Have to say I was disappointed in Cov Cath’s play. They were so much bigger than Highlands at every position. The playcalling first half was awful for Cov Cath Wondering if Cov Cath was purposely playing vanilla offense.
sstack Wrote:Almost didn’t go to game because I was expecting a blowout. Have to say I was disappointed in Cov Cath’s play. They were so much bigger than Highlands at every position. The playcalling first half was awful for Cov Cath Wondering if Cov Cath was purposely playing vanilla offense.

I’m in complete agreement. Coach Eviston eluded to “building off a huge win” and “continuing the hunger”....but how many times was big Mike targeted? The middle of the field was literally wide open all night and no passes thrown to soften the defense. Eddie knows what he is doing...far better than I.
Well watching the game. Cov Cath didn’t act too exited about anything. Like let’s just go through the motions
bo67 Wrote:Well watching the game. Cov Cath didn’t act too exited about anything. Like let’s just go through the motions

Agreed and I find that very alarming.