Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Numbers Game for Betsy Layne opponents
Jackson county has 44 on the roster...as far as athletes probably 10 to 15 solid athletes...that is including lineman.
betsylayne fanatic Wrote:Rip 28, I dont know who you get your information from, but Tyler Puckett was seriously over rated. His senior year they won one game. Derossett is playing a tougher schedule, but dont forget where he started, he took the bobcats out of district, to win games, and he is currently the winnest coach in betsy layne history.

His senior year, he also only played half a game. During football camp at UK that summer he threw over 30 touchdowns in two weeks playing with the A group of kids. He also could have played for a lot of other high school teams. Derossett is the best coach BL will ever have because people like you aren't thankful for what he did. You can't argue the ONLY winning team in school history. Also if Puckett was so over rated why was he asked to walk on at UK and offered a scholarship at eastern. I don't think over rated players are offered those things. Get you story straight you moron. You're on here talking smack and nonsense not knowing who's reading what. You sound like a fool! And just to let you know you're probably going to cause P-burg to put up about three more TD's running your mouth how you do. BL program is in shambles and everyone on here knows accept that their better days are behind them and everyone will be happier.
coacht Wrote:Jackson county has 44 on the roster...as far as athletes probably 10 to 15 solid athletes...that is including lineman.

You haven't watched tape of Jackson have you. Try two at most and try finding out what the definition of athlete is, cause if you think they have 10 to 15 solid ones your def. is a lot different than everyone else's in the world.
launchpad4 Wrote:Now Betsy Layne didn't always struggle. For a while in the mid-nineties they were on the verge of being a tough ball club till their coach left for P-burg.

If memory serves Derossett dropped BL out of district play so that they could play weaker teams in an attempt to build the program. No disrespect meant to those who played.
THUNDERCHILD Wrote:If memory serves Derossett dropped BL out of district play so that they could play weaker teams in an attempt to build the program. No disrespect meant to those who played.

No he played tougher teams so that they could get better by playing harder teams. Sure he did schedule some cupcakes, but you can't play all hard teams. Try telling Bubba Combs that he didn't play anyone in shcool.
Yeah and Bubba is doing such wonderful things at Lewis County!!!!!
betsylayne fanatic Wrote:Yeah and Bubba is doing such wonderful things at Lewis County!!!!!

You're an idiot. Do you know anything about, well anything? It takes time to rebuild or build a program. It doesn't matter who you are or how good of a coach you are. You really need to learn a thing or two about the game in which you comment on before you comment next. It is really getting old calling you out on your ignorance.
BL has been rebuilding since the school opened. Everyone says it takes time it takes time, but how much time does it take to realize that BL is going nowhere behind an administration that doesn't care.
Bigpun, Man why so much anger for everyone thats not Pikeville?????

Just wish everyone goodluck with what they have.
fan~of~all Wrote:Bigpun, Man why so much anger for everyone thats not Pikeville?????
Just wish everyone goodluck with what they have.

Like I am going to take advice from you. Why cheer for teams that I want to beat. I root for Belfry and Breathitt as long as they aren't playing Pikeville. What does it matter to you anyway who I root for? I don't try to tell you who to cheer on, do I?
BL should worry about building a program or fold and focus on basketball.
Program has been around 20 years and still struggling.

Until BL creates some sort of program instead of just fielding a team for the sake of fielding a team, They don't need to worry about how other teams numbers are.

The best thing that could happen for football in Floyd County is a complete county consolidation...and yes, include Prestonsburg...It would probably be best for the county school system as far as academics as well.
launchpad4 Wrote:You're an idiot. Do you know anything about, well anything? It takes time to rebuild or build a program. It doesn't matter who you are or how good of a coach you are. You really need to learn a thing or two about the game in which you comment on before you comment next. It is really getting old calling you out on your ignorance.
Name calling is not necesary on this site....we all have opinions.
Please, stay on topic everyone
Old Timer Wrote:BL should worry about building a program or fold and focus on basketball.

Until BL creates some sort of program instead of just fielding a team for the sake of fielding a team, They don't need to worry about how other teams numbers are.

The best thing that could happen for football in Floyd County is a complete county consolidation...and yes, include Prestonsburg...It would probably be best for the county school system as far as academics as well.
I agree completely about the consolidation of the floyd county schools. I wouldn't include P-burg though. Make them a city school of independent school and consolidate the other three.
bigpun Wrote:I agree completely about the consolidation of the floyd county schools. I wouldn't include P-burg though. Make them a city school of independent school and consolidate the other three.
Don't believe that is possible because they are already part of the county system.
Old Timer Wrote:BL should worry about building a program or fold and focus on basketball.

Amen to that. Why does Floyd county have so many small schools. They could pull there resources together and have two good schools. One county school would be too hard because of the bad road system. But two schools is feasible. Everyone would profit by some sort of consolidation. Even Prestonsburg.
bigpun Wrote:BL has been rebuilding since the school opened. Everyone says it takes time it takes time, but how much time does it take to realize that BL is going nowhere behind an administration that doesn't care.

Please explain, for those of us not close to the situation, what the administration DOESN'T do or SHOULD be doing to help the football program.
mandan Wrote:Please explain, for those of us not close to the situation, what the administration DOESN'T do or SHOULD be doing to help the football program.

Well they took away the practice field to build a softball field that isn't big enough to host games on. They keep jacking the kids around by changing coaches every two or three years. The money for the fieldhouse was raised when Derossett was there and the school didn't let them build it until after George was gone. The field is in horrible shape because they practice on it. They need field-turf. I'm sure their pads are out-dated. They need more than just four coaches, and those coaches need paid. Do you need more?
launchpad4 Wrote:Well they took away the practice field to build a softball field that isn't big enough to host games on. They keep jacking the kids around by changing coaches every two or three years. The money for the fieldhouse was raised when Derossett was there and the school didn't let them build it until after George was gone. The field is in horrible shape because they practice on it. They need field-turf. I'm sure their pads are out-dated. They need more than just four coaches, and those coaches need paid. Do you need more?

Definitely sounds like somebody's not putting much thought into how to build a program. These are the type things that usually cause a coach to leave after a year or two, which seems to be happening at BL. Who has the power to change/fix this situation - the BL administration or the Floyd Co. BOE? Thanks for the insight.
If any form of consolidation happened, the new student numbers would obviously put the schools into a much larger classification. Any guesses on numbers and which division you would be forced to play in? How about the new opponents? Or the elimination of playing many of your old rivals. Is this really what many of us want to happen?
that is sad because first of all they don't need to take away from one sport and give to the other. all should be equal. i know that won't happen. the other thing is the softball field is awful. they are no room for anything. i hated to go there for softball games. the money is going somewhere but it doesn't sound like the right things.
mandan Wrote:If any form of consolidation happened, the new student numbers would obviously put the schools into a much larger classification. Any guesses on numbers and which division you would be forced to play in? How about the new opponents? Or the elimination of playing many of your old rivals. Is this really what many of us want to happen?
They would be consolidating with their rivals if there was a consolidation (South Floyd and Allen Central). I would guess they would be 4A-5A in alignment. If they went to 4A they would probably be in a district with Boyd Co., Greenup Co., Lawrence Co., and Rowan Co. If they were 5A they would probably have to re-district teams imo. I would put Ashland, Johnson Central, Perry Co Central, Floyd Central, and Letcher Co Central in a district together. This is all hypothetical though.
bigpun Wrote:They would be consolidating with their rivals if there was a consolidation (South Floyd and Allen Central). I would guess they would be 4A-5A in alignment. If they went to 4A they would probably be in a district with Boyd Co., Greenup Co., Lawrence Co., and Rowan Co. If they were 5A they would probably have to re-district teams imo. I would put Ashland, Johnson Central, Perry Co Central, Floyd Central, and Letcher Co Central in a district together. This is all hypothetical though.

Thanks. Hypothetically, do you suppose if this consolidtion happened, could a Floyd team compete with those schools mentioned? (with P'burg remaining seperated). Not sure the pooled talent of Allen Central and South Floyd or BL gets you there.