Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg vs. Betsy Layne
You could not have said it better. Tough losses during off district gets you ready for post season. With a couple of breaks you may sneak up on those tough teams if you can staind the pressure.
At least 35, unless P-burg calls off the dawgs!
P-burg has never called off the dogs playing them in the past, the bobcats will come to play and prepare for a CAT fight!!!!!!
In the past ten years these are the final scores between Betsy Layne and Prestonsburg;

'98
Pburg- 62
BL- 14

'99
Pburg- 46
BL- 13

'00
Pburg- 42
BL- 08

'01
Pburg- 85
BL- 00

'02
Pburg- 82
BL- 00
Wow, I guarantee the bobcats will play a better against the blackcats than ever before.
betsylayne fanatic Wrote:Wow, I guarantee the bobcats will play a better against the blackcats than ever before.

Will play a better what? Because I know you're not talking about football. :lmao:
Go Blackcats!
Wait and see

Bobcats Playoff BOUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
betsylayne fanatic Wrote:Wait and see

Do you think the boosters will pay for all of their tickets?? PS Don't forget permission slips for the field trip!:Thumbs:
Football Widow, I understand how the past of the Bobcats hasn't been the best, but this year is different like any other. Why you ask, because something special is going to happen this year for the bobcats, I believe in that, and I think the players/coaches also do.
betsylayne fanatic Wrote:Football Widow, I understand how the past of the Bobcats hasn't been the best, but this year is different like any other. Why you ask, because something special is going to happen this year for the bobcats, I believe in that, and I think the players/coaches also do.
And what prey tell is that something special that is supposed to happen?
betsylayne fanatic Wrote:Wait and see

Football Widow Wrote:Do you think the boosters will pay for all of their tickets?? PS Don't forget permission slips for the field trip!:Thumbs:

Initially I had thought that FW's comment was kinda mean to the Betsy Layne kids, but was still probably true. Then I thought, maybe it's possible that, in a weak district, they could slip into the 4-spot.

So who is in their district this year?
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:Initially I had thought that FW's comment was kinda mean to the Betsy Layne kids, but was still probably true. Then I thought, maybe it's possible that, in a weak district, they could slip into the 4-spot.

So who is in their district this year?

Pikeville, Paintsville, South Floyd, Allen Central, and Phelps.
warriorpride Wrote:Pikeville, Paintsville, South Floyd, Allen Central, and Phelps.

Well, now that I see that I think they have a decent chance to make the playoffs after all. Obviously Pikeville and Paintsville will be 1-2, but after that I would say it's all up for grabs. Betsy Layne could even grab the 3-spot if they beat all three of the other teams.

I checked KHSAA's website, and last years scores with those teams were all losses, but by only 6 (in 3 OT) to Allen Central, 12 to South Floyd, and 8 to Phelps. So they could possibly win all three games or lose all of them.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I want all BGR members to know, the bobcats will play hard, give everything every down, and become a well respected program in the region.....
pburg-55
BL-0
betsylayne fanatic Wrote:I want all BGR members to know, the bobcats will play hard, give everything every down, and become a well respected program in the region.....

No one is saying that the players won't play hard and give everything, but it's not as simple as that. Unfortunately, sometimes it doesn't matter how hard you try. If the other team has more talent than you, and they are also giving their best effort, then you will probably lose. That's not a knock on anybody, just the way it is.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
CoachB Wrote:I think Coach Parsons will do a fine job and it will be closer than expected!
62-0 PBURG
More Cowbell Wrote:No one is saying that the players won't play hard and give everything, but it's not as simple as that. Unfortunately, sometimes it doesn't matter how hard you try. If the other team has more talent than you, and they are also giving their best effort, then you will probably lose. That's not a knock on anybody, just the way it is.
Agree! Good Post!
betsylayne fanatic Wrote:I want all BGR members to know, the bobcats will play hard, give everything every down, and become a well respected program in the region.....
You may be correct for saying that it will become a respected program in the future. But, I really don't look for that to happen if they don't get a head coach in there that has some experience as a head coach. They need someone who already has a reputation of building a solid program. But, until then, I think it will be the same let down for those boys each year. We'll just have to wait and see how interested the administration is to get this program on the right track.
Why dont we give this coach a chance, he is a betsy layne boy, he knows the team, he cares deeply about the team. Football Widow seems to me you got some hostile feelings, do you need a hug?
betsylayne fanatic Wrote:Why dont we give this coach a chance, he is a betsy layne boy, he knows the team, he cares deeply about the team. Football Widow seems to me you got some hostile feelings, do you need a hug?

Sounds more like to me that you want to hug the coach??

I didn't say anything bad about him, I'm just commenting on the "good ol boy" hiring system in the mountains.
I think Coach Parsons deserves a shot, he has put in his dues with the program.
Football Widow Wrote:Sounds more like to me that you want to hug the coach??

I didn't say anything bad about him, I'm just commenting on the "good ol boy" hiring system in the mountains.

haha good ol boy..thats a great way of putting it
OnCeABobcat Wrote:Agree! Good Post!

Definate true post. If you do your job and your opponent does his, the better player will most likely win. Remember there are still 10 other players, teams can do great things TOGETHER.
betsylayne fanatic Wrote:Wow, I guarantee the bobcats will play a better against the blackcats than ever before.

Maybe so, still won't be enough. P-Burg too much. Saw them play last year (P-Burg), did not show much respect for the game.
P-burg can win this one by as many as they want. Betsy Layne will be lucky to score even with P-burgs freshman playin more than likely most of the second half. P-burg by 40+.
betsylayne fanatic Wrote:I think Coach Parsons deserves a shot, he has put in his dues with the program.
coach parsons does deserve a chance but he went the wrong way to get that chance good luck to all the bl players. p- burg will win by atleast 25:letsparty :letsparty
football exorist, go to the cooler theres some hatorade for ya!!!!!

haahahahahaha

bobcat football!!!!!!!!!
I
betsylayne fanatic Wrote:Why dont we give this coach a chance, he is a betsy layne boy, he knows the team, he cares deeply about the team. Football Widow seems to me you got some hostile feelings, do you need a hug?
As down as Betsy Layne has been the LAST THING they need is a Betsy Layne guy to turn the program around. TIME FOR A FACELIFT is my opinion.