Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell County 45 Whitley County 7
Red Bunch Wrote:Whitley should be better than this.

Buddy I'm with you. I dont know what's going on there. Something isn't right though.
Hound05 Wrote:Hahah ok. I was gonna say the mayfield cardinals might have an opinion on that one

I don’t know how mayfield plays, but in my opinion Bell is a better matchup for corbin because of how the bobcats can control the clock with their run game. Plus 2 or 3 killer athletes that can score from anywhere. Corbin is very talented and should win against mayfield.
BellMiddle Wrote:I don’t know how mayfield plays, but in my opinion Bell is a better matchup for corbin because of how the bobcats can control the clock with their run game. Plus 2 or 3 killer athletes that can score from anywhere. Corbin is very talented and should win against mayfield.

I’m not totally what you mean by “better matchup” for us. In terms of better chance to beat us.... wayyyyy off brother. Mayfield is a top team in the state. And a very powerful and respectful opponent. Not saying bell isn’t or shouldn’t be a respected opponent. But I’ll be completely objective and honest, Bell isn’t anywhere close to the leve of mayfield. There’s a strong chance we could lose this game. Especially with our top WR out of the game.

But to touch on what you said, beechwood had one of the best front lines we’ll probably see this season. On top of very fast and athletic RB’s. They didn’t control much of the clock. Because it only works if you can get first downs consistently.

Now I’m a little hungover and slow today and might be the only one that don’t quiet get what you’re saying. Please elaborate on a better matchup???
Hound05 Wrote:I’m not totally what you mean by “better matchup” for us. In terms of better chance to beat us.... wayyyyy off brother. Mayfield is a top team in the state. And a very powerful and respectful opponent. Not saying bell isn’t or shouldn’t be a respected opponent. But I’ll be completely objective and honest, Bell isn’t anywhere close to the leve of mayfield. There’s a strong chance we could lose this game. Especially with our top WR out of the game.

But to touch on what you said, beechwood had one of the best front lines we’ll probably see this season. On top of very fast and athletic RB’s. They didn’t control much of the clock. Because it only works if you can get first downs consistently.

Now I’m a little hungover and slow today and might be the only one that don’t quiet get what you’re saying. Please elaborate on a better matchup???
:CE_DP_Ste
Hound05 Wrote:I’m not totally what you mean by “better matchup” for us. In terms of better chance to beat us.... wayyyyy off brother. Mayfield is a top team in the state. And a very powerful and respectful opponent. Not saying bell isn’t or shouldn’t be a respected opponent. But I’ll be completely objective and honest, Bell isn’t anywhere close to the leve of mayfield. There’s a strong chance we could lose this game. Especially with our top WR out of the game.

I just can’t see Mayfield playing with corbin. But bell can play with them in a low scoring, defensive battle type game like beechwood. I see the hounds beating Mayfield rather easily.
Congrats to Bell, you have a nice team this season and good luck the rest of the way. However, all joking aside, Whitley will be fine and will compete for district title imo. Whitley has some talented players and still trying to get the right offense to use these kids. The defense will also start coming together as more kids was played. Yes there are 20+ seniors on this team but varsity experience wise they are young. Still see a winning season for this team and a good playoff run if they get the #1 seed. Go Colonels!
BellMiddle Wrote:I just can’t see Mayfield playing with corbin. But bell can play with them in a low scoring, defensive battle type game like beechwood. I see the hounds beating Mayfield rather easily.
Confusednicker: smh
Rainingthrees Wrote:Congrats to Bell, you have a nice team this season and good luck the rest of the way. However, all joking aside, Whitley will be fine and will compete for district title imo. Whitley has some talented players and still trying to get the right offense to use these kids. The defense will also start coming together as more kids was played. Yes there are 20+ seniors on this team but varsity experience wise they are young. Still see a winning season for this team and a good playoff run if they get the #1 seed. Go Colonels!

They may have a winning season but please remember they played/scheduled Leslie County. They will also get several other easy district games but I know they can’t help that
BellMiddle Wrote:I just can’t see Mayfield playing with corbin. But bell can play with them in a low scoring, defensive battle type game like beechwood. I see the hounds beating Mayfield rather easily.

Then you must not know very much about the game of football. Mayfield will test the hounds in every aspect of the game. Mayfield doesn’t have 2 or 3 kids that can score from anywhere, they have at least 6 or 8 if not more. They can run it, they can pass it, and they can defend both. The same cannot be said for bell county. If you stop the run then you stop Bell, and Corbin is REALLY good at stopping the run. As far as defense goes, bell will have to put an extra man in the box to stop corbin’s run game, then Corbin will throw it. Or they’ll have to take one out of the box to stop the passing game, then Corbin will run it. It’s pick your poison, and Coach Haddix is really good at taking what you give him then making you pay for it.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:Then you must not know very much about the game of football. Mayfield will test the hounds in every aspect of the game. Mayfield doesn’t have 2 or 3 kids that can score from anywhere, they have at least 6 or 8 if not more. They can run it, they can pass it, and they can defend both. The same cannot be said for bell county. If you stop the run then you stop Bell, and Corbin is REALLY good at stopping the run. As far as defense goes, bell will have to put an extra man in the box to stop corbin’s run game, then Corbin will throw it. Or they’ll have to take one out of the box to stop the passing game, then Corbin will run it. It’s pick your poison, and Coach Haddix is really good at taking what you give him then making you pay for it.

Granted they haven't lined up against anyone that runs it like Bell. It's a little different ball game with all of those big power backs and offensive line in there. Bell also has a nice receiver out there that if you leave out on an island he can play, not to mention their quarterback who will probably be the best athlete on the field.

All things considered, Corbin should win, but the old man has enough under the hood to make it a game and if Bell don't turn it over and can keep the ball they may have a shot deep into the second half.
It amazes me how some people on this site don’t know one d—- thing about football. Mayfield is one of the best teams in the state year in and year out. I’m thinking they beat Corbin two out of three years. They probably have 20 state championships in their back pocket. I will take Mayfield beating Corbin and that will be Redhounds only loss on the year..
pjdoug Wrote:I'm not sure their on Corbin's level yet but they are much improved.

I meant they're.
Cattleman Wrote:Bobcats enjoy, remember that you have not beat a team yet that has a winning record and a total about 3 wins combined. But enjoy. I promise you that the Bobcats are not even close to the Hounds. Be very careful you are going to get your feelings hurt.

I'll make sure of that. lol
#55PirateFan Wrote:Buddy I'm with you. I dont know what's going on there. Something isn't right though.
It's no secret. I wish there was something I could do to fix it Smile
BellMiddle Wrote:I don’t know how mayfield plays, but in my opinion Bell is a better matchup for corbin because of how the bobcats can control the clock with their run game. Plus 2 or 3 killer athletes that can score from anywhere. Corbin is very talented and should win against mayfield.
Mayfield would go through you like a dose of salts.

You are smoking some bad stuff. lol
Demarcus ware Wrote:Confusednicker: smh

my exact thoughts. lol
Craze JACKET man Wrote:It amazes me how some people on this site don’t know one d—- thing about football. Mayfield is one of the best teams in the state year in and year out. I’m thinking they beat Corbin two out of three years. They probably have 20 state championships in their back pocket. I will take Mayfield beating Corbin and that will be Redhounds only loss on the year..

That's for sure. If Corbin wins they'll know they were in a battle.
Wow!!! It’s amazing what ONE game can do for people’s memory and confidence. First off, what in the H3LL has bell county done to think Corbin will be in a tight game with them and blow mayfield away???? Hahah. That one tops it all. No shade to bell county. I’m glad you guys “improved” but you’ve beat no one. Certainly not to the likes of saying what was said. 2nd, as I said, mayfield is head and shoulders above bell county. They’ll probably beat us, or at least a good chance to do so. But they’ve earned that respect. From the past and present. Bell county has beat who? That’s above .500? Bell county might beat us, but to say we’ll beat MF easily and have a game with you shows your COMPLETE LACK OF KNOWLEDGE ABOUT THIS GAME.
DarthVader will go missing again as usual when the Hounds Hunt. Glad Bell has a better record, glad they are on the rise. But seriously people, Look at that schedule. Hilton ain’t no dummy. He schedules not so tuff opponents to give the team confidence. To keep W’s in the win column. Just wait till he plays some legit teams.. He will meet at least one in the reg season and one in the postseason. He will play it off... On the other hand, The hounds are hungry, Haddix is hungry. Unfinished Business tour 2018
As for Mayfield and Bell. Mayfield is a beast. They are athletic, fast, make plays. Fundamentally sound team. Well coached. They are 2 levels better than most teams. I think we can and will win, but it’ll be a fight! We will have to make plays. Not turn over the ball. As for matchups. No way possible that Bell has over 2-3 guys on the team that could start for the cardinals. Greer and Haddix will call the plays. Hold your horses. One game st a time and
Hound05 Wrote:Wow!!! It’s amazing what ONE game can do for people’s memory and confidence. First off, what in the H3LL has bell county done to think Corbin will be in a tight game with them and blow mayfield away???? Hahah. That one tops it all. No shade to bell county. I’m glad you guys “improved” but you’ve beat no one. Certainly not to the likes of saying what was said. 2nd, as I said, mayfield is head and shoulders above bell county. They’ll probably beat us, or at least a good chance to do so. But they’ve earned that respect. From the past and present. Bell county has beat who? That’s above .500? Bell county might beat us, but to say we’ll beat MF easily and have a game with you shows your COMPLETE LACK OF KNOWLEDGE ABOUT THIS GAME.

I know exactly what you mean by being judged and counted out by one game that happened last year! Lol
I say to be honest and don't know if anybody wants to see their team more than I do my Bobcats but I think that we are improving each week and think in a few weeks we will go down 25 e and play corbin better than we have in a couple years but I don't think we are hardly there yet but we are on our way to that
BobcatForever Wrote:I say to be honest and don't know if anybody wants to see their team more than I do my Bobcats but I think that we are improving each week and think in a few weeks we will go down 25 e and play corbin better than we have in a couple years but I don't think we are hardly there yet but we are on our way to that

Shame They are not on the schedule anymore :HitWall:
bcpc Wrote:DarthVader will go missing again as usual when the Hounds Hunt. Glad Bell has a better record, glad they are on the rise. But seriously people, Look at that schedule. Hilton ain’t no dummy. He schedules not so tuff opponents to give the team confidence. To keep W’s in the win column. Just wait till he plays some legit teams.. He will meet at least one in the reg season and one in the postseason. He will play it off... On the other hand, The hounds are hungry, Haddix is hungry. Unfinished Business tour 2018
He is your father.
Wow! Is Bell back to Bell?
ironfist13 Wrote:Wow! Is Bell back to Bell?

not hardly but big improvement from last couple of years
#55PirateFan Wrote:I know exactly what you mean by being judged and counted out by one game that happened last year! Lol

Oh yea! Dear god. I’m so sick of hearing about that central game and I’m not even a belfry fan!! One game!! Everyone has an off night. That just happened to be belfrys. It was funny how all that played out. First it was belfry would put a running clock on central. Then a week later it wa central will put a running clock on Corbin. Now this year, central hasn’t really done much and people still think they’re world beaters
Hound05 Wrote:Oh yea! Dear god. I’m so sick of hearing about that central game and I’m not even a belfry fan!! One game!! Everyone has an off night. That just happened to be belfrys. It was funny how all that played out. First it was belfry would put a running clock on central. Then a week later it wa central will put a running clock on Corbin. Now this year, central hasn’t really done much and people still think they’re world beaters

Hahaha! Ain't that the truth brother. I remember that well. And I knew when they beat us that their season would end the following week. And it did. By no means and I'm taking a shot at Central, God knows that program speaks for itself as far as being great, but their just not the same team as they use to be and neither are we. But I do think we were better last year (and this year) they just had a hell of a game last year and we just sucked that night. But hey, hats off to them, they beat us like a drum but it's time to let it go. Damn!

BellMiddle this isn’t middle school ball when Bell vs Corbin plays. This will be a varsity game, Where teams punt,Pass and Kick or wait on the running clock to begin where Bell varsity vs Corbin JV and :welcome: to BGR