Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pre-Season 3-A Rannkings
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:Pray tell....What "nerve" was that?? Some of ya'll are still Butt hurt??

An so it begins.....the annual "Corbin doesn't get any respect tour". 3A coaches voted on the poll.....not Belfry fans. Chill out

Hahah butt hurt? Nope. But if you would like, I still have those PM’s from one of your fans. I’ll send them to ya the next time I’m on a computer. But keep in mind, I didn’t say all belfry fans, I didn’t say most belfry fans, I DID say a select few.

Our revenge would have been had, had you all made it far enough. But maybe we’ll see. I doubt it though. I underestimated Boyle co last year. Won’t make that mistake again. That will be a tough outing for you guys even on pond creek
#55PirateFan Wrote:You guys are getting a little carried away with this Belfry garbage. So what your saying is that your using one game, the Central game, to say that Belfry is done? That's complete and total disrespect! But that's fine. Everybody that knows me knows I'm not going to make excuses as to why we got beat. Injuries are part of the game. We just got handled! Every team has bad nights and ours just happened to be in the playoffs. I'm not saying anything about Boyle because we haven't played them in the last few years and they are the champs until someone takes them out. But you Corbin fans should have learned your lesson from the last time you started talking smack about Belfry and that you were better than us. We took care of that little debate on your on turf! Wasnt that long ago. Yeah, Central beat us and yall beat Central, but just remember, you didn't beat us!

Does that same lesson apply to all the smack you guys talked about Central and then looking ahead to us or Boyle? Hah. And the only reason we didn’t beat you, is because you didn’t make it.

My whole argument about the rankings is this, all we heard before the game was how you guys would have a running clock on them, then when your guy got hurt it leveled off some but was basically still the same outcome. Central didn’t lose a whole lot this year. If that ONE player made that big of a point difference and he is gone, then you def shouldn’t be ranked above central or is for that matter. If that upsets some, oh well, but it’s fact. Now I wish you all the best of luck, but that’s about as far as it goes
Hound05 Wrote:Hahah butt hurt? Nope. But if you would like, I still have those PM’s from one of your fans. I’ll send them to ya the next time I’m on a computer. But keep in mind, I didn’t say all belfry fans, I didn’t say most belfry fans, I DID say a select few.

Our revenge would have been had, had you all made it far enough. But maybe we’ll see. I doubt it though. I underestimated Boyle co last year. Won’t make that mistake again. That will be a tough outing for you guys even on pond creek

the word you used was "some".... not a" select few". But that's ok. We can woulda coulda shoulda all night long. Every fanbase has it's lunatic fringe.....including yours. Belfry fans saw that up close and personal when we visited a couple years ago. Not the whole fan base, just a "select few":lmao::lmao::lmao:
Hound05 Wrote:Hahah butt hurt? Nope. But if you would like, I still have those PM’s from one of your fans. I’ll send them to ya the next time I’m on a computer. But keep in mind, I didn’t say all belfry fans, I didn’t say most belfry fans, I DID say a select few.

Hound05 you have good post on here most of the time especially when you and PJDoug go at it. With that being said you are speculating on that game that didn’t happen. Yes it might have but you never know what is going to happen in any game until they play. I wasn’t at Belfry and Central game I was at Hazard and Pikeville’s game. True by the scores Corbin would have won but there is know way to truly tell but good luck to you and the hounds this season
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:the word you used was "some".... not a" select few". But that's ok. We can woulda coulda shoulda all night long. Every fanbase has it's lunatic fringe.....including yours. Belfry fans saw that up close and personal when we visited a couple years ago. Not the whole fan base, just a "select few":lmao::lmao::lmao:

I'm not a lunatic. I just play one on here Confusednicker:
pjdoug Wrote:I'm not a lunatic. I just play one on here Confusednicker:

Come on....you know you’re looney😂😂. Just kidding!😊😊
Patriot1 Wrote:Hound05 you have good post on here most of the time especially when you and PJDoug go at it. With that being said you are speculating on that game that didn’t happen. Yes it might have but you never know what is going to happen in any game until they play. I wasn’t at Belfry and Central game I was at Hazard and Pikeville’s game. True by the scores Corbin would have won but there is know way to truly tell but good luck to you and the hounds this season
Oh I agree with ya, that’s why they play the game. But that’s the whole point of this board is to discuss and speculate football.

Ahhh once you get use to Doug he’s fun to go around and around with haha
WILDCAT NATION Wrote:Less than half of 3A coaches (18) returned a ballot but 9 of the 10 teams listed were coaches who returned ballots (Larue Co was the only team listed where their coach did not vote).

Regardless the top 4 would be there if everyone voted.

Their coach voted. Typo of being left out- saw a screenshot of the email that Jaggers sent Josh Moore of the Herald of the survey & where Moore replied back. When the Courier-Journal comes out with theirs, you'll see Larue County listed as one who voted.

I've heard of others commenting that they didn't see the survey due to the "Clutter" file of the school emails that will almost OVERUSE the "junk" folder and automatically send emails (often times need to know) to that folder never to be seen unless you just happen to remind yourself to go manually check it (classic 'Out of sight-out of mind').

Trigg County is one that I know of for sure and a couple others that have mentioned this.
Like I said NO defense in 3A team will stop our Oline and our rush attack (6’3 295 avg up front 4 seniors) and a 6’5 250 TE senior who runs a 4.8 Haywood > Smith
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:Come on....you know you’re looney😂😂. Just kidding!😊😊
I usually say I'm not crazy, but I can get that way in a hurry. lol
COACHITALL Wrote:Like I said NO defense in 3A team will stop our Oline and our rush attack (6’3 295 avg up front 4 seniors) and a 6’5 250 TE senior who runs a 4.8 Haywood > Smith

Smith will shut ye down and you won't be able to slow Boyle's offense as they throw it over top all day long.
COACHITALL Wrote:Like I said NO defense in 3A team will stop our Oline and our rush attack (6’3 295 avg up front 4 seniors) and a 6’5 250 TE senior who runs a 4.8 Haywood > Smith

You do not have a 250lb TE that runs a legit 4.8. If so, please give me a list of all his D1 offers......there's gotta be a bunch!

And if you think Haywood is better then Smith and that your running game can't be stopped?!?! Please make sure you're in attendance week three of the playoffs there in Pond Creek. Belfry has never faced a team that will be as prepared as the Rebels will be. I can hardly wait!

What size was your line last year when Central STOPPED your run game? I was at that game and I would guess that Belfry was at least 50lbs bigger on average than Central's D-Line. Belfry has a great program and nobody is taking that away from you guys, but so does Boyle. Smith has 6 rings and Haywood has 6 rings. Awesome coaches for both teams, but I wouldn't say one is greater than the other by any stretch. People can say what they want, but Boyle is the team to beat again this year. Belfry, Corbin and Central will definitely be nipping at their heals, but Belfry is not who everybody is chasing this year, they are chasing Boyle. Good luck to all teams and I hope it's a great season for all!
FoSho Wrote:You do not have a 250lb TE that runs a legit 4.8. If so, please give me a list of all his D1 offers......there's gotta be a bunch!

And if you think Haywood is better then Smith and that your running game can't be stopped?!?! Please make sure you're in attendance week three of the playoffs there in Pond Creek. Belfry has never faced a team that will be as prepared as the Rebels will be. I can hardly wait!

:truestory:

See I thought the object of the game was to SCORE more points than the other team. :eyeroll:

Not gain more rushing yards. :Thumbs:
Rip/Spin Wrote:What size was your line last year when Central STOPPED your run game? I was at that game and I would guess that Belfry was at least 50lbs bigger on average than Central's D-Line. Belfry has a great program and nobody is taking that away from you guys, but so does Boyle. Smith has 6 rings and Haywood has 6 rings. Awesome coaches for both teams, but I wouldn't say one is greater than the other by any stretch. People can say what they want, but Boyle is the team to beat again this year. Belfry, Corbin and Central will definitely be nipping at their heals, but Belfry is not who everybody is chasing this year, they are chasing Boyle. Good luck to all teams and I hope it's a great season for all!
Boyle County has the best coach and team.
Preseason rankings don't mean much but this is what I see. Hard to count Belfry out but don't see them really coming together and playing strong until the later part of season. Across the table they aren't as strong as past years. But they do have Haywood on the sideline.

Central
Corbin
Boyle
Belfry

The most Boyle gave up rushing last year was 154 yards. But that was just 15-0 Danville, the AA State Champion.

They never played a team as great as Belfry's line. :Thumbs:
EastKyPride Wrote:Preseason rankings don't mean much but this is what I see. Hard to count Belfry out but don't see them really coming together and playing strong until the later part of season. Across the table they aren't as strong as past years. But they do have Haywood on the sideline.

Central
Corbin
Boyle
Belfry

Is that in order or are you just citing the top 4?
Rip/Spin Wrote:What size was your line last year when Central STOPPED your run game? I was at that game and I would guess that Belfry was at least 50lbs bigger on average than Central's D-Line. Belfry has a great program and nobody is taking that away from you guys, but so does Boyle. Smith has 6 rings and Haywood has 6 rings. Awesome coaches for both teams, but I wouldn't say one is greater than the other by any stretch. People can say what they want, but Boyle is the team to beat again this year. Belfry, Corbin and Central will definitely be nipping at their heals, but Belfry is not who everybody is chasing this year, they are chasing Boyle. Good luck to all teams and I hope it's a great season for all!

If you were at the game, then you should have seen that Central was bigger than Belfry on both sides of the ball. O-Line and D-Line. Their O-Line physically whipped our undersized lineman. That was obvious.

Belfry's D-Line was undersized all year. Waggoner moved the ball with relative ease between the 20's the week prior.

Regarding this season....I've stated repeatedly that Belfry has holes to fill. The D-line MUST get bigger or Belfry will find themselves in offensive shootouts, that quite honestly, Haywood's style isn't suited for.

LB and DB are also question marks at this juncture. Big shoes to fill with the losses of Wellman, Varney, etc, etc.

As I stated earlier, Boyle is the Cream of the class....and I think rightfully so. If they stay injury free, they should repeat. However, I do think depth is an issue. If they have an injury or two, then all bets are off.

Central is squarely in the two hole. They lost several, but they have athletes at their disposal, and I believe they'll be a tough out.

Corbin and Belfry are about on par with each other. I give Belfry the edge because of Haywood...and the fact that Corbin lost their field general in Sizemore. I know the Estep kid is special, but he's still gonna be a first time starter at QB.

No disrespect intended, but Haywood over Haddix is a no brainer. Thus Belfry gets the overall edge. Just my opinion, but that's how I see it.

This Belfry squad won't come full circle until late. Don't make the mistake of overlooking them, if they drop a few games. It's gonna take some time. I will also add that depth is an issue for the Pirates at a few spots. they need to stay injury free to be a legitimate threat.

But they'll be ready come November
Hound05 Wrote:Does that same lesson apply to all the smack you guys talked about Central and then looking ahead to us or Boyle? Hah. And the only reason we didn’t beat you, is because you didn’t make it.

My whole argument about the rankings is this, all we heard before the game was how you guys would have a running clock on them, then when your guy got hurt it leveled off some but was basically still the same outcome. Central didn’t lose a whole lot this year. If that ONE player made that big of a point difference and he is gone, then you def shouldn’t be ranked above central or is for that matter. If that upsets some, oh well, but it’s fact. Now I wish you all the best of luck, but that’s about as far as it goes

Show me where I talked smack. And you keep saying that I made an excuse because we lost "one" player and it cost us the game. Fact is, I dont make excuses. We got handled, plain and simple! But it wasnt by Corbin. Like I said in my earlier post, every team has a bad game or two and ours just so happen to come in the playoffs. And that's ok to. I felt our kids needed to be humbled a little. To much success like we've had in the past few years breeds cockiness and that's something I hate. But we'll get things worked out and be in the fight in the end. And I hope and pray your Hounds do get a chance for some pay back my friend, I really do. Only this time I dont think we'll play around with you guys in the first half like before but go straight for the juggler! See ya soon!
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:If you were at the game, then you should have seen that Central was bigger than Belfry on both sides of the ball. O-Line and D-Line. Their O-Line physically whipped our undersized lineman. That was obvious.

Belfry's D-Line was undersized all year. Waggoner moved the ball with relative ease between the 20's the week prior.

Regarding this season....I've stated repeatedly that Belfry has holes to fill. The D-line MUST get bigger or Belfry will find themselves in offensive shootouts, that quite honestly, Haywood's style isn't suited for.

LB and DB are also question marks at this juncture. Big shoes to fill with the losses of Wellman, Varney, etc, etc.

As I stated earlier, Boyle is the Cream of the class....and I think rightfully so. If they stay injury free, they should repeat. However, I do think depth is an issue. If they have an injury or two, then all bets are off.

Central is squarely in the two hole. They lost several, but they have athletes at their disposal, and I believe they'll be a tough out.

Corbin and Belfry are about on par with each other. I give Belfry the edge because of Haywood...and the fact that Corbin lost their field general in Sizemore. I know the Estep kid is special, but he's still gonna be a first time starter at QB.

No disrespect intended, but Haywood over Haddix is a no brainer. Thus Belfry gets the overall edge. Just my opinion, but that's how I see it.

This Belfry squad won't come full circle until late. Don't make the mistake of overlooking them, if they drop a few games. It's gonna take some time. I will also add that depth is an issue for the Pirates at a few spots. they need to stay injury free to be a legitimate threat.

But they'll be ready come November

I agree with you about their O-Line being bigger than your D-Line. I was really surprised at how small your D-Line was. Central's left tackle was a big guy but the nose and left tackle was not bigger than your guys. IMO their speed up front was the difference. I was shocked to see Central penetrate Belfry's O-Line the way they did. I know this, when Belfry's run game is on and the lineman get that huge surge downfield, it's an awesome thing to watch from a football fan's perspective.
[quote=Fly Like a Duck]Their coach voted. Typo of being left out- saw a screenshot of the email that Jaggers sent Josh Moore of the Herald of the survey & where Moore replied back. When the Courier-Journal comes out with theirs, you'll see Larue County listed as one who voted.

I've heard of others commenting that they didn't see the survey due to the "Clutter" file of the school emails that will almost OVERUSE the "junk" folder and automatically send emails (often times need to know) to that folder never to be seen unless you just happen to remind yourself to go manually check it (classic 'Out of sight-out of mind').

Trigg County is one that I know of for sure and a couple others that have mentioned this.[/QUOTE

I am glad those others voted. Promoting the teams and kids is what these are all about. Thank you for the information.
pjdoug Wrote:Boyle County has the best coach and team.

Now now PJDoug your brain is getting over worked again and you blew a fuse.Quit suck up to Boyle County because you want them to beat Corbin again.
WILDCAT NATION Wrote:[quote=Fly Like a Duck]Their coach voted. Typo of being left out- saw a screenshot of the email that Jaggers sent Josh Moore of the Herald of the survey & where Moore replied back. When the Courier-Journal comes out with theirs, you'll see Larue County listed as one who voted.

Trigg County is one that I know of for sure and a couple others that have mentioned this.[/QUOTE

I am glad those others voted. Promoting the teams and kids is what these are all about. Thank you for the information.

This is more of an issue than most know with school email systems. Many systems filter things into the junk folder before you even see it. Some people never check the junk folder or do so very sparingly.
Patriot1 Wrote:Now now PJDoug your brain is getting over worked again and you blew a fuse.Quit suck up to Boyle County because you want them to beat Corbin again.

Smith has a list of accomplishments that not many coaches nationally can equal.
What opinions do you guys have on who might be flying under the radar this year? Who is not listed in the top 10 that may make some noise in 3A?
I would say Bell Co and Garrard Co could be much better than people think.
FoSho Wrote:I would say Bell Co and Garrard Co could be much better than people think.

From what the Bell faithfuls say, they will be much better this year. Garrard would be at the top of some other districts if they wasn't in with Boyle & Lex. Cath.
#55PirateFan Wrote:Show me where I talked smack. And you keep saying that I made an excuse because we lost "one" player and it cost us the game. Fact is, I dont make excuses. We got handled, plain and simple! But it wasnt by Corbin. Like I said in my earlier post, every team has a bad game or two and ours just so happen to come in the playoffs. And that's ok to. I felt our kids needed to be humbled a little. To much success like we've had in the past few years breeds cockiness and that's something I hate. But we'll get things worked out and be in the fight in the end. And I hope and pray your Hounds do get a chance for some pay back my friend, I really do. Only this time I dont think we'll play around with you guys in the first half like before but go straight for the juggler! See ya soon!
Please highlight where I specifically said YOU. I said “you guys” with a meaning of “belfry fans”. I’m not gonna waste my time digging through old threads to find it, because I know it’s there. Never said you made excuses, but they were made by some. I like ya, and I’m with ya, I don’t make excuses either.

Now for your last part. Play around hahaha. Is that what you call it? That’s fine hahah. I guess we played around with you in the 2nd half haha. I hope you guys have an injury free season. But corbin and belfry will not being playing each other this season. Feel free to remind me if I’m wrong and I’ll man up about it. But I don’t think I will be.