•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whitley County 2018
Whitley is not my program, I just know Coach Chappell and think he does a great job. My program was sold and is now about to collapse.
Ok well I think Chappel does a great job too, when I say administration it wasn’t meant as a slight toward him
NextGeneration Wrote:What ? Never even beat Corbin? Corbin has a pretty good football team and would venture to say have much better players and not to mention so called transfers in the younger grades. Why do you want them to beat Corbin? You are a Corbin fan right? Something not right with you. I really don’t care , but Whitley’s staff is doing a pretty good job. Whitley has never been a powerhouse. You on the other hand have some kind of different agenda. I will end it here this isn’t my school or concern . Good luck Colonels and STAFF.

What is so hard to understand. Whitley is 0-18 againagainst Corbin. It's laughable, especially now. Corbin does have a solid team. Whitley also has more kids to pick from. They also lose kids to Corbin. Who's fault is that?
I think it's funny that every time someone disagrees with what a schools doing, they are labeled a hater or have "an ax to grind".

On the contrary I want to see that school succeed.
And it doesn't matter how good their staff does. They will never take Whitley to the next level. They don't have the capabilities no matter what they do. It's time to realize they made a mistake. Realize these are guys from South Laurel and we know what kind of powerhouse that is and find somebody that can steal the kids away from Haddix. It's that simple.
No ax. Just common sense.or leave it the way it is and keep getting beat in the first or second round.
NextGeneration Wrote:You guys have just gotten outside my scope of things. I do find it funny that so many from Corbin knows how to fix Whitley? I will say this PJ and therock are the only two on this site taking up for Whitley. They may not care.

I took up for Whitley for years on this site only to see them hire what they have now which was a safe bet and a yes man but one they would never win anything with.
Dumbest move in this area.

Another year or two and Siler will slide right into that super role and it will get even worse.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Another year or two and Siler will slide right into that super role and it will get even worse.
If that happens I’d have to agree won’t be long till funds from bingo will be used to fund other things and athletics will suffer even more.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:What is so hard to understand. Whitley is 0-18 againagainst Corbin. It's laughable, especially now. Corbin does have a solid team. Whitley also has more kids to pick from. They also lose kids to Corbin. Who's fault is that?
I think it's funny that every time someone disagrees with what a schools doing, they are labeled a hater or have "an ax to grind".

And it doesn't matter how good their staff does. They will never take Whitley to the next level. They don't have the capabilities no matter what they do. It's time to realize they made a mistake. Realize these are guys from South Laurel and we know what kind of powerhouse that is and find somebody that can steal the kids away from Haddix. It's that simple.
No ax. Just common sense.or leave it the way it is and keep getting beat in the first or second round.

If it's so simple, why hasn't anyone there done it in 50 years?
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:What is so hard to understand. Whitley is 0-18 againagainst Corbin. It's laughable, especially now. Corbin does have a solid team. Whitley also has more kids to pick from. They also lose kids to Corbin. Who's fault is that?

This guy shows his true colors with every post. Sounds more and more like he was passed over. He should be Coach, AD and Superintendent. It Christmas, let it go and move on. Your a Hound now.
HCS Wrote:If it's so simple, why hasn't anyone there done it in 50 years?

People like him have never been in the game, not talking about playing.

They need you to fix it, you can right? Worse kind of whatever you are, a casual fan that thinks he can do it all. Good luck to all that this guy is associated with. You will need it.
NextGeneration Wrote:Many reasons, I guess you could start in the 50’s - 80’s with the Railroad.Tradition. Location has a lot to do with it , lately school system has helped. Most importantly has been players not from the city limits playing there. (With and without an invitation). Many reason at this point. Just to name a few things not even football related.

Not sure what you mean about wading through BS? I have watched football in this area for many years. JMO

I mean I'm expecting to wade through BS. that simple. Their is absolutely no reason Corbin should be better now.
NextGeneration Wrote:Many reasons, I guess you could start in the 50’s - 80’s with the Railroad.Tradition. Location has a lot to do with it , lately school system has helped. Most importantly has been players not from the city limits playing there. (With and without an invitation). Many reason at this point. Just to name a few things not even football related.

Not sure what you mean about wading through BS? I have watched football in this area for many years. JMO

I mean I'm expecting to wade through BS. that simple. There is absolutely no reason Corbin should be better now.
chs crazy Wrote:How many people other than parents with kids on the team and a select few, you for example, actually care if Whitley’s team is better than Corbin’s?
That’s no BS that’s a big part of the problem what gut eludes to and people get mad at him for is true, Whitley administration for the most part simply doesn’t care, unless theyve got a kid on the team.

I can't argue with that.
NextGeneration Wrote:You guys have just gotten outside my scope of things. I do find it funny that so many from Corbin knows how to fix Whitley? I will say this PJ and therock are the only two on this site taking up for Whitley. They may not care.

I'm a die hard Colonel. I love my team, but they certainly haven't over achieved in the pass, and it's not the kids fault, because they give it their all. I hope the community and school stays behind them and builds the program to put them in the best position to win. There's no reason why they shouldn't be able to compete with most anybody.

^ This guy is telling nothing but the truth in this post. There's no reason Whitley should be winless against Corbin.
PRIDE101 Wrote:This guy shows his true colors with every post. Sounds more and more like he was passed over. He should be Coach, AD and Superintendent. It Christmas, let it go and move on. Your a Hound now.

He would likely at least do a better job than you do. I can't get in the clique or I'd get things moving in the right direction Confusednicker:
Merry Christmas to all of you.
pjdoug Wrote:He would likely at least do a better job than you do. I can't get in the clique or I'd get things moving in the right direction Confusednicker:

Well he isn’t , I am in the game and we are doing well. He is a loser and blames everyone else.
HCS Wrote:If it's so simple, why hasn't anyone there done it in 50 years?

Nobody capable has everr been hired
PRIDE101 Wrote:This guy shows his true colors with every post. Sounds more and more like he was passed over. He should be Coach, AD and Superintendent. It Christmas, let it go and move on. Your a Hound now.

Sorry but I will continue to talk about high school football on a high school football forum. It's the reason we are here.
Hard to get passed over when you've never tried. No way I would work for this admin or the previous one. Not enough money in the world.
NextGeneration Wrote:They need you to fix it, you can right? Worse kind of whatever you are, a casual fan that thinks he can do it all. Good luck to all that this guy is associated with. You will need it.

I think the Whitley football job would be one of the easiest jobs in the state to flip. You literally have everything you need. Get the kids to stay at the county and bring the bravado. I want to know why people think a casual fan can't turn something around, I have zero doubt I could take BGR members and do a better job than the bunch that got fired from South Laurel :eyeroll:
pjdoug Wrote:^ This guy is telling nothing but the truth in this post. There's no reason Whitley should be winless against Corbin.

According to the jealous Knox fan pj you'll be labeled as a hater :hilarious:
PRIDE101 Wrote:Well he isn’t , I am in the game and we are doing well. He is a loser and blames everyone else.

That makes sense.
No wonder you're mad all the time :hilarious:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I think the Whitley football job would be one of the easiest jobs in the state to flip. You literally have everything you need. Get the kids to stay at the county and bring the bravado. I want to know why people think a casual fan can't turn something around, I have zero doubt I could take BGR members and do a better job than the bunch that got fired from South Laurel :eyeroll:

And you wonder why people call you a clueless dumbass? Didn’t South Laurel beat Corbin bad when they coached. The Bowling kid was Qb. You are the type guy that belittles the profession. Get a clue.
Because he is, both clueless as to anything dealing with coaching and with that statement that makes him a dumb***.
Colonels are in good hands. They will be fine, go Colonels!
WhyLie Wrote:And you wonder why people call you a clueless dumbass? Didn’t South Laurel beat Corbin bad when they coached. The Bowling kid was Qb. You are the type guy that belittles the profession. Get a clue.
Your thinking of Jep Irwin, Chappel beat Corbin one time by one point as a head coach with Bowling as his qb
Ok , I thought they won a few.
WhyLie Wrote:Ok , I thought they won a few.
Irwin did after my senior year in 02 he owned Corbin till he left in 06 for another job in Tennessee I think
Yeah, it's important to remember what he inherited at south. The guy inherited a program at an all time high. They were winning 8 plus games a season and actually won a playoff game in the old 4a. In today's alignment they would've won some region championships, and possibly made it to state. Chappell inherited that and won 12 games in three seasons.
WhyLie Wrote:And you wonder why people call you a clueless dumbass? Didn’t South Laurel beat Corbin bad when they coached. The Bowling kid was Qb. You are the type guy that belittles the profession. Get a clue.

Oh how you always flatter me.
Shall we dig up some of your predictions on here?:biglmao:
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next